Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Putin Vs Obama

Rate this topic

Who will you choose?

It's a tough call.  I can only say that Obama for all his faults appears to be a man of more integrity than what is prevelant in American politics today. 

By contrast, Putin scares me.  A former KGB man with imperial ambitions and a whole lot of armaments just scares me to no end.

So I guess the answer is neither.  But if I had to, Obama.

Edited by reisiger
  • Development Team

Salaam alaikun,

If I had to choose, I would choose Putin because he has more experience and is a better leader than Obama, plus Putin appears far decisive in his decision making than Obama. Still, I cringe at his ambitions and suspect that he is trying to bring back the Soviet Union and that would not be a good thing.

• Veteran Member

Let's see Putin is ex-KGB, has been imprisoning/killing reporters and dissidents, and has no problem killing Muslims in Chechnya.  Has also shown he has imperial ambitions and is willing to stand by as his economy tanks.  Probably a better war time leader.

Obama has done a pretty good job of not killing people who criticize him, has ordered his fair share of drone strikes on Muslims, but he does a pretty good job of trying to emphasize that not all Muslims are bad.  Has done a pretty good job stabilizing the economy, and is ensuring continued American presence overseas in critical areas to ensure US interests.  Probably a better peace time leader.

None of them! But Putin has enough power to use against Obama! I think he can be a help for Iran! But it seems that Putin just thinks to Russia profit

You're right about that.  This debate is flawed because it focuses only on two men,  The thing that is tough is that it is easy to focus on the head of state, but in a presidential system like in the US, there can be a different party that holds majorities in the legislature.  In a parliamentary system (which makes more sense IMO), the head of government is the head of the majority party in parliament.  In the US, the current president is from one party (the Democrats) and the Congress is dominated by the other party.  Trust me: Obama is not a saint, but he is reasonable.  His hands are tied on so many things because of the Republican majority in Congress.  Sadly, the Republicans tend to be evangelical Christians; they are hawkish, and they are obsessively pro israel.  I'm not saying I'm a fan of the President or his party, but I think we need to focus on the real evil: the Congress that has been bought for the Republicans by very wealthy campaign donors.

The sad fact is that both the United States and Russia have ceased to be democracies.  Both are oligarchies.  In the US, whomever is in charge is really little more than a figurehead.  Money is really running the show.  Putin is a different sort, though.  And I am not disparaging him, but he has imperial ambitions, a massive arsenal, and a populace that is being lied to by state owned media. 

But alhamdulillah we have Allah (s.w.t.)'s word; we have the Holy Prophet (PBUH), and we have the Imams (AS). 

Reisiger:

Is Obama reasonable?? He does not think! In some cases he though,but sadly Netanyahu ordered him not to do those decisions!!

I believe he personally is.  He's not perfect, and clearly israel has WAY too much influence over the US, but he actually is known to loathe netanyahu.  He has called him a liar more than once and refused to meet him when he came to the US.

I'm not defending American politicians at all.  Trust me.  I live in the belly of the beast and I think they're terrible too, but the situation is bigger than one man versus another.

• Advanced Member

I know u dont support him! Even if u do,I can understand that u have reason!

He refused Netanyahu????? R u sure? But he sent John Kerry to meet with Israel PM!!!!

Edited by Life=Abbas

I know u dont support him! Even if u do,I can understand that u have reason!

He refused Netanyahu????? R u sure? But he sent John Kerry to meet with Israel PM!!!!

Well I appreciate that, sister!  Oh politics... I don't love politics.  Personally, Obama does not like netanyahu, but like him or not, the US does have diplomatic relations with them (even though I wish we didn't), so there has to be some diplomatic influence. Secretary of State's job includes meeting with some very unsavory leaders. It's all an attempt to have influence, but sadly, the zionist state has been playing the world since its founding.  :(

• Advanced Member

Nice. It's true congress is ran by dumb republicans.

-Only a few republicans are actually the real definition of republican, but they don't stand out among the political parties-

I'm still with Putin on this one. Iran, North Korea, Russia, and possibly China are all on the same page.

Putin has guts to stand up against America as a whole which is something you don't see everyday from other leaders. Just recently he said he will take his chances despite diplomatic reasoning with German chancellor and French President. I give credit to Putin lol.