Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Tell Me Something Good For Once

Rate this topic

• Forum Administrators

post-66196-0-95307300-1429770870_thumb.j

Alhamdulillah. May Allah answer our prayers. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Allah is the merciful of the merciful and he forgives all sins.  

Allah fixes the broken, enlivens the hearts, hears the dire cries of His servants, and is the Most Merciful.

وَ إِذا سَأَلَكَ عِبادي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَريبٌ أُجيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذا دَعانِ فَلْيَسْتَجيبُوا لي‏ وَ لْيُؤْمِنُوا بي‏ لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُون  

Posted Images

• Development Team

Holy Quran 3:159 says deal gently with people and trust in Allah: 

"Thus it is due to mercy from Allah that you deal with them gently, and had you been rough, hard hearted, they would certainly have dispersed from around you; pardon them therefore and ask pardon for them, and take counsel with them in the affair; so when you have decided, then place your trust in Allah; surely Allah loves those who trust." 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Allah addressed Prophet David (as):
“Say to My servants: Why don’t you befriend Me, since I deserve friendship? I am a God of no miserliness, there’s no ignorance in My Omniscience, no incapacity in My Forbearance, and no alternation in My Attributes or My Speech. My Mercy and Forgiveness is unvarying and constant. I am the friend of him who befriends Me, and I accompany him who invokes on Me in his solitude. O David! He who seeks Me finds Me; and he who finds Me deserves not to lose Me. O David! Blessing is from Me but My servants thank others; I ward off calamity but they seek it from others. Their safe haven is My Presence, but they seek refuge from others, though finally they return to Me.”
http://www.al-islam.org/commentary-kumayl-supplication-allama-husayn-ansariyan
It is reported from the Holy Prophet (S) , “For whosoever among you the door of prayer (du’a’) is opened, then the doors of mercy (rahmah) shall be opened for him.”
Imam ‘Ali (‘a) says: “Supplication is the key of mercy.”
In his will to his son al-Hasan (‘a), Imam Amir al-Mu’minin ‘Ali bin Abi Talib (‘a) says: “Thereafter, He put the keys of His treasuries in your hand, in that He has allowed {you} to ask Him from it. So whenever you wished, you opened the doors of His treasuries through supplication.”
With reference to the verse:
“Whatever mercy Allah unfolds for the people, no one can withhold it”
Imam as-Sadiq (‘a) is reported to have said, “{The mercy implies} the prayer (du’a’).”
The Holy Prophet (S) says: “For whosoever among you the door of prayer (du’a’) is opened, the doors of response (ijabat) shall {also} be opened for him.”
It is Allah who opens up toward His servant with prayer, and He is the one who opens for him the doors of its acceptance.
Imam ‘Ali (‘a) says: “Whoever knocks at the door of Allah, the Glorious, it will be opened for him.”
Imam as-Sadiq (‘a) is narrated to have said, “Supplicate frequently, for it is the key of every mercy and the fulfillment of every need. And that which lies with Allah cannot be attained but through prayer (du’a’). A door which is frequently knocked at is likely to be opened for the one who knocks it.”
https://www.al-islam.org/supplication-in-the-eyes-of-ahlalbayt-muhammad-mahdi-al-asifi 

• Advanced Member

ar-Rida (a.s.) narrates through his forefathers from Amir al-mu'minin (a.s.) that he said: “I heard the Apostle of Allah saying: 'Allah, Mighty and Great is He, has said: “I have divided the Opening of the Book between Myself and My servant; so, its half is for Me and the (other) half is for My servant. And My servant shall get what he asks for.”
When the servant says: In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful, Allah, Great is His Glory, says: “My servant has started with My name, and it is incumbent upon Me that I should complete his works for him and bless him in his affairs.”
And when he says: All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of the worlds, Allah, Great is His Glory, says: “My servant has praised Me, and he knows that the bounties that are with him are from Me, and that the misfortunes that have been averted from him were so averted by My grace; (O My angels!) I appoint you as My witnesses that I shall add for him the favours of the next world to those of this world, and will avert from him the calamities of the next world as I have averted from him the calamities of this world.”
And when he says, The Beneficent, the Merciful, Allah, Great is His Glory, says: “My servant bore witness for Me that I am the Beneficent, the Merciful; I make you My witness that I will most surely augment his share in My mercy, and I will most certainly increase his portion in My bounties.”
And when he says, The Master of the Day of Judgement, Allah, the High, says: “I make you My witness that, as he has acknowledged that I am the Master of the Day of Judgement, I will most certainly make his reckoning easier (for him) on the Day of Reckoning, and I will most certainly accept his good deeds, and look over his sins.”
And when he says: Thee do we worship, Allah, Mighty and Great is He, says: “My servant is telling truth, He worships Me only. Be My witness that I will most surely give him for his worship a reward that will be the (object of) envy to all who opposed him when he worshipped Me.”
And when he says, and Thee do we beseech for help, Allah, the High, says: “From Me has My servant sought help, and in Me has he taken refuge. Be My witness that I will most certainly help him in his affairs, and will aid him in his difficulties, and will take his hand in his calamities.”
And when he says, Guide us to the right path . . ., Allah, Mighty and Great is He, says: “This (part) is for My servant, and My servant shall have what he asks for; and I have answered (the prayer of) My servant, and have given him what he hopes for and have protected him from what he is afraid of.” ' ” (`Uyūnu 'l-akhbar).
https://www.al-islam.org/al-mizan-exegesis-quran-vol-1-allamah-tabatabai 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum Administrators

Be proud of your own body, no matter what shape it's in. See the image below:

beauty.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Forum Administrators

If you have what it takes (good grades, references, qualifications, etc.) to get into New York University's med school, you don't have to worry about tuition. It's free! Especially important: You need to pass the MCAT (exam).

NYU makes tuition free for all medical students

New York University will offer a scholarship that covers tuition to every new, current and future medical student, it said Thursday.

All students enrolled in the MD degree program are eligible, regardless of their financial need or academic performance. The scholarship covers the full cost of tuition, which this year amounts to $55,018.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/16/health/nyu-free-tuition-medical-school/

• 3 months later...
  • Veteran Member

Fluid system lost this thread.  Sister @Hameedeh this is a wonderful court case.  I hope it brings a smile on your face.  :)

0:06

Tahani Amuneah, an Arab university student, is facing the famous Judge Frank Caprio and she owns $350 in parking fines, see what Judge Frank does next.

• 5 months later...
  • Advanced Member

o my lord, You are so Merciful and so Generous that You have addressed the sinful human:
“You called me and I answered you, you asked Me and I granted you, you opposed Me but I respited, you left Me but I watched you, you disobeyed My orders but I concealed your sins; if you return to me I would accept you, and if you went away from Me, I wait for your return to Me. I am the most Generous of the generous, the most Forgiver of the forgivers, and the most Merciful of the merciful.”
Allah addressed Prophet David (as):
“Say to My servants: Why don’t you befriend Me, since I deserve friendship? I am a God of no miserliness, there’s no ignorance in My Omniscience, no incapacity in My Forbearance, and no alternation in My Attributes or My Speech. My Mercy and Forgiveness is unvarying and constant. I am the friend of him who befriends Me, and I accompany him who invokes on Me in his solitude. O David! He who seeks Me finds Me; and he who finds Me deserves not to lose Me. O David! Blessing is from Me but My servants thank others; I ward off calamity but they seek it from others. Their safe haven is My Presence, but they seek refuge from others, though finally they return to Me.”
http://www.al-Islam.org/commentary-kumayl-supplication-allama-husayn-ansariyan 

• Advanced Member

Once Gabriel, the trustee angel, descended to the Prophet of Islam (S), smiling and with good tidings. He greeted the Prophet (S) who responded to his greeting. Then Gabriel said: “The Almighty has sent a gift for you.”
The Messenger of Allah asked: “What is that gift?”
He replied: “There are some words of the Empyrean’s treasures which Allah has endeared specially for the Empyrean.”
Prophet Muhammad (S) asked again: “What are those words?”
Gabriel then said:
يَا مَنْ أَظْهَرَ الْجَمِيلَ، وَسَتَرَ الْقَبِيحَ، يَا مَنْ لَمْ يُؤاخِذْ بِالْجَرِيرَةِ، وَلَمْ يَهْتِكِ السِّتْرَ، يَا عَظِيمَ الْعَفْوِ، يَا حَسَنَ التّجَاوُزِ، يَا وَاسِعَ الْمَغْفِرَةِ، يَا بَاسِطَ الْيَدَيْنِ بِالرّحْمَةِ، يَا صَاحِبَ كُلِّ نَجْوَى، يَا مُنْتَهَى كُلِّ شَكْوَى، يَا كَرِيمَ الصّفْحِ، يَا عَظِيمَ الرّجَاءِ، يَا مُبْتَدِئاً بِالنِّعَمِ قَبْلَ اسْتِحْقَاقِهَا، يَا رَبّنَا وَسَيِّدَنَا وَمَوْلانَا، يَا غَايَةَ رَغْبَتِنَا، أَسْأَلُكَ يَا اَللّاهُ أَنْ لَا تُشَوِّهَ خَلْقِي بِالنَّارِ.
“O the One who revealed the goodness and concealed the badness. O the One who reprimanded no one for wrongdoing and let no one’s face down. O the One whose forgiveness is great, whose pardon is good, and whose Mercy is extended. O the one who has applied his Power in Mercy. O the Owner of any secret and the ultimate source of any complaint. O the one whose forbearance is magnanimous and whose blessings are great. O the Bestower of blessings before the necessary deserve for them. O my Lord, my Protector, and the end of my tendency! O Allah! I ask You not to destroy my creation by the Fire.”
The Messenger of Allah asked Gabriel: “What is the recompense of these words?”
Gabriel said: “Beware that the whole knowledge is exclusive in these words. If all the angels of the seven Heavens and the seven earths attempted to describe this supplication until the Day of Resurrection, they will be able to describe but one part out of one thousand parts of it.”
When the servant says: “O the One who revealed the goodness and concealed the badness,” Allah would conceal his sins, have mercy on him in the world, maintain his well-being in the next world, and cover him with thousand veils in the two worlds.
And when the servant says: “O the One who reprimanded no one for wrongdoing and let no one’s face down,” the Almighty would not account for his deeds on the Day of Resurrection, and would not uncover his secrets on that day.
When the servant says: “O the One whose forgiveness is great,” Allah would forgive his sins, even if they are as many as the waves of the sea.
When he says: “O the One whose pardon is good,” Allah would even forgive his wine-drinking, theft, and other major sins.
When he says: “O the One whose Mercy is extended,” the Merciful Allah would open seventy doors of Mercy on him, so that he would be subjected to Allah’s Mercy until the last day of his life.
When the servant says: “O the one who has applied his Power in Mercy,” Allah would extend his Power to him out of Mercy.
When the servant says: “O the Owner of any secret and the ultimate source of any complaint,” Allah would grant him the recompense of the grief-stricken, poverty-stricken, patient or blind man until the Day of Resurrection.
If the servant says: “O the one whose forbearance is magnanimous and whose blessings are great,” the Almighty would fulfill all his wishes and the wishes of all other servants for him.
If the servant says: “O the Bestower of blessings before the necessary deserve for them,” Allah would recompense him as if he is grateful of His blessings.
If the servant says: “O my Lord,” his Lord would say: “My angels! Beware that I forgave him, and I granted him recompense equal to the number of all My creatures, either in the Paradise or the Hell, in the heavens or the Earth, the sun or the moon, the star and the raindrops, different kinds of beings in the mountains, on the soil, and on the Empyrean.”
And if he says: “O my Protector,” Allah would fill his heart with belief.
When the servant says: “O the end of my tendency!” the Almighty would grant him the wishes of all the other creatures.
And if the servant says: “O Allah! I ask You not to destroy my creation by the Fire,” Allah says: “My servant wants to become free from the Fire. O My angels! I delivered him, along with his parents, brothers, family, and neighbors from the Fire and accepted his intercession for a thousand of those who deserved to be put into Fire.”
So Gabriel said: “O Muhammad! Teach these words to the believers and not to the hypocrites. This supplication is accepted for the supplicant and for those present in Allah’s House, when it is circumambulated.”
Uddat Al-Da’I: 337.
It should be noted that this great recompense and wonderful reward is not rare of Allah’s extended Mercy, unlimited Beneficence, and infinite treasure of rewards.
http://www.al-Islam.org/commentary-kumayl-supplication-allama-husayn-ansariyan 

• Advanced Member

It is reported from the Holy Prophet (S) , “For whosoever among you the door of prayer (du’a’) is opened, then the doors of mercy (rahmah) shall be opened for him.”
Kanz al-‘Ummal, hadith no.3156.
Imam ‘Ali (‘a) says: “Supplication is the key of mercy.”
Bihar al-Anwar, vol.93, pg.300.
In his will to his son al-Hasan (‘a), Imam Amir al-Mu’minin ‘Ali bin Abi Talib (‘a) says: “Thereafter, He put the keys of His treasuries in your hand, in that He has allowed {you} to ask Him from it. So whenever you wished, you opened the doors of His treasuries through supplication.”
Bihar al-Anwar, vol.77, pg.299.
With reference to the verse:
“Whatever mercy Allah unfolds for the people, no one can withhold it.” Qur’an, 35:2.
Imam as-Sadiq (‘a) is reported to have said, “{The mercy implies} the prayer (du’a’).”
Bihar al-Anwar, vol.93, pg.299.
The Holy Prophet (S) says: “For whosoever among you the door of prayer (du’a’) is opened, the doors of response (ijabat) shall {also} be opened for him.”
Kanz al-‘Ummal, hadith no.3156.
It is Allah who opens up toward His servant with prayer, and He is the one who opens for him the doors of its acceptance.
Imam ‘Ali (‘a) says: “Whoever knocks at the door of Allah, the Glorious, it will be opened for him.”
Ghurar al-Hikam, hadith no.8292.
Imam as-Sadiq (‘a) is narrated to have said, “Supplicate frequently, for it is the key of every mercy and the fulfillment of every need. And that which lies with Allah cannot be attained but through prayer (du’a’). A door which is frequently knocked at is likely to be opened for the one who knocks it.”
Bihar al-Anwar, vol.93, pg.295; and Wasa’il al-Shi’ah, vol.4, pg.1086, hadith no.8616.
https://www.al-Islam.org/supplication-in-the-eyes-of-ahlalbayt-Muhammad-Mahdi-al-asifi 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Administrators

There is so much bad news. Tell me something good for once!

Okay. Something good for once

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

https://newseu.cgtn.com/news/2020-11-15/Baby-of-critically-endangered-rhino-born-at-UK-zoo-Vqhz56jNNS/index.htm

Baby of critically endangered rhino born at UK zoo

The baby of a critically endangered eastern black rhinoceros has taken its first steps at Chester zoo in northern England. The calf's birth on October 29 was captured on the zoo's CCTV cameras.