Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
MalangmaiAlida

Sahifa Alawiya By Imam Ali (A.s.)

Rate this topic

That are quite a lot of duas, huh. I was wondering, too, why it's not that 'popular'. I mean almost every Shia knows the Dua-collection of Imam al-Sajjad (as), how come this one seems to be less known although it's authentic?

But thanks for sharing, anyway ;)

Wa salam.

Edited by Noor al-Batul

That are quite a lot of duas, huh. I was wondering, too, why it's not that 'popular'. I mean almost every Shia knows the Dua-collection of Imam al-Sajjad (as), how come this one seems to be less known although it's authentic?

But thanks for sharing, anyway ;)

Wa salam.

Who says they are Authentic (Sahih)? Please be cautious.

Edited by Jaafar Al-Shibli

Who says they are Authentic (Sahih)? Please be cautious.

Brother narsis said in Post #2 that it's authentic.

Yes. She made a claim with no evidence to support. A large number of these supplications have no complete chain, or no chain at all.

I am not sure if you are familiar with an Islamic Principle derived from the hadths from our Imams A.S, but DUAS do not need to be authentic. They are prayers, supplications. Our Imams A.S have stated, what ever supplication you receive, and they have barakats, Allah will endow them. Check this lecture out: https://youtu.be/fqe6Nhxj64E

I am not sure if you are familiar with an Islamic Principle derived from the hadths from our Imams A.S, but DUAS do not need to be authentic. They are prayers, supplications. Our Imams A.S have stated, what ever supplication you receive, and they have barakats, Allah will endow them. Check this lecture out: https://youtu.be/fqe6Nhxj64E

I never said anything on whether they have to be authentic or not (Please stop interpreting my statements falsely). @Narsis, simply made a false assumption, at which I Objected to. Sorry, but any supplication that we receive? Can you please provide an authentic narration for this claim? There are number of so called "Dua's" that are very problematic. Be careful with your claims.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

(wasalam)

Edited by Jaafar Al-Shibli

Bismillah

If you're are speaking about the principle of 'Tasaamuh Fi Adilat al-Sunan', then nowhere does it speak about 'supplications' specifically, it is a general rule about anything mentioned in the narrations that reach us (even if they end up not being from an Infallible). This is a debated principle, and just among the few scholars that i have looked into, you can see large differences. 

On the contrary, we have a or at least two narrations (that i've seen) that tell the companions to do the supplications just as the Imam has taught them, and not to add anything to them, even if what's being added is correct (like extra praise of God). 

We can use the supplications (the ones that do not go against Islamic teachings) and pray with them, but attributing them to the Imam is something different, and that always requires 'hujjah'.

Bismillah

If you're are speaking about the principle of 'Tasaamuh Fi Adilat al-Sunan', then nowhere does it speak about 'supplications' specifically, it is a general rule about anything mentioned in the narrations that reach us (even if they end up not being from an Infallible). This is a debated principle, and just among the few scholars that i have looked into, you can see large differences. 

On the contrary, we have a or at least two narrations (that i've seen) that tell the companions to do the supplications just as the Imam has taught them, and not to add anything to them, even if what's being added is correct (like extra praise of God). 

We can use the supplications (the ones that do not go against Islamic teachings) and pray with them, but attributing them to the Imam is something different, and that always requires 'hujjah'.

With due respect brother, but I disagree, this principle implies we do not need an authentic chain of narrators when it comes to non-obligations , as said by the sayyed in the video. From that, I accept his understanding and agree with him, with due respect. Whether it is debated or not is not the point, the point is clearly, for those like above going around claiming such, have not understood or known of islamic principles that are contrary. Therefore, their points are moot.

One or two narrations that you have seen, doesnt make a difference with due respect. Your opinion has no hujja, islamically speaking. Besides, reciting a supplication a certain way, has nothing to do with the argument or principle at hand.

I agree with your final statement, the point here is people going around calling things weak based on their non-ijtihadi opinion, try and imply, it is worthless, and in the end shoulnt be recited and what have you. They are blatantly wrong and have no authority to do so, absolutely no authority.