Sign in to follow this  
Zafar Abbas Abidi

Restaurant Food Vs Mom Made Food

Restaurant food is higher in fat, higher in salt, and more expensive than home cooked meals. Maybe your mother worries about that.

No, it is just stupid to do that. 

I don't actually do what you do, because it is just not sane but I am still blamed for eating out for some reason, even though I never eat out if there is food at home, I have even cooked at home.

So it is very bad, just eat what your mother cooks, stop being so wasteful and ungrateful.

So it is very bad, just eat what your mother cooks, stop being so wasteful and ungrateful.

He did not say that he lived with his mother. He said she calls him.

He did not say that he lived with his mother. He said she calls him.

What? so he lives apart from them yet she still calls him for dinner over the phone? in that case I am wrong.

Edited by Khalilallah

What? so he lives apart from them yet she still calls him for dinner over the phone? in that case I am wrong.

Not necessarily wrong. Maybe his mother just wants to know if he is coming home so she will know how much food to make. Maybe she worries that he will be looking at girls in the restaurant. Notice one of the tags for this topic is girls. He needs to clarify more. :unsure:

I've eaten at the best restaurants in the world , and I can tell you nothing comes close to my mums cooking, even in my 50s i still crave for her food .

This is the only thing all the wives agree unanimously on.

PS sorry they make me add this , my mother in laws make the best food in the world too .

Edited by :Sami II

^

if mom's food is better than restaurant food maybe mom should start a restaurant , could be totally original and call the restaurant Mom's or something like that? Or maybe Moms' ... 

P.S. just so the wives don't get upset - maybe even consider call the restaurant Wives'

Edited by skylight2

I like my mom's, but good restaurants have experts in the field of cooking. Out of respect for their field of knowledge, years of experience and study, their talent, and for the sake of being sincere, I must admit their food is better than my mom's. And still most people consider my mother a great cook, and so do I but I also respect the people working at the best restaurants.

Edited by Bakir

^

if mom's food is better than restaurant food maybe mom should start a restaurant , could be totally original and call the restaurant Mom's or something like that? Or maybe Moms' ... 

P.S. just so the wives don't get upset - maybe even consider call the restaurant Wives'

i did think of this many years ago and mum did try her hands at catering, but it's a totally different ball game.

when mums cook from their hearts and pour love into it sprinkled with lots of :Bismillah and :Salawats , mmmmmmm, yummy you cant get better  then that.

and plus if it's organic , free range , pesticide free, locally grown non Israeli save the dolphins based ingredients , well then you're in paradise.

I like my mom's, but good restaurants have experts in the field of cooking. Out of respect for their field of knowledge, years of experience and study, their talent, and for the sake of being sincere, I must admit their food is better than my mom's. And still most people consider my mother a great cook, and so do I but I also respect the people working at the best restaurants.

when i have to be forced to go to the best restaurants around the world , as I cannot take mum everywhere, I do make a note of complimenting  the chef and tipping  the staff generously. 

I always make a point of chatting with them and getting to know them well , so when they cook my food , there is a sense of "love" that goes into the food from the appreciation and thoughtfulness shown to such workers.

It is always good to remember their birthdays or anniversaries, especially the mangers, the chefs and the waiters.

I agree bro , such people in these fields should not be take for granted as they prepare the food we eat.

Edited by :Sami II

Some people have no choice but to eat out sometimes.  Not everyone has the time, ability, or motivation to cook, especially for those who live alone.  I try to cook as often as I can, but it isn't very good or satisfying.  More like I'm eating simply to survive and not pass out while I'm working.  Boring I know. 

I don't even call it food, I just call it edible sustenance. 

Edited by magma

Not everyone has the time, ability, or motivation to cook, especially for those who live alone.

Cooking for others is very different from cooking for only yourself. Restaurant food is probably no worse than most meals for one, but as brother Sami pointed out, no culinary skill can be better than meals cooked with love.

Though I admit I do like to go out for a meal occasionally, and sometimes my cooking would be generously described as OK.

Cooking for others is very different from cooking for only yourself.

I can agree with that.  There is something very special about that.  Just as food can reflect a culture, a lifestyle, a statement, and pretty much anything else, it can reflect the level of care one has for another.  Cooking alone or going to restaurants (unless you have a deep personal connection with one) could never have that same level of care.

Anyway back to the mac and cheese.

My mom always refers me as her bad son, because I like restaurant food more than home cooked meals.. Every night she calls me and ask me about my plans that where am I going to have lunch; home or restaurant... Is that an inappropriate thing to get your meal from restaurant/hotel?

No, it isn't inappropriate, but cooking is one way your mother can show you love and continue to care for you. You should let her, as often as you can.

But you aren't a bad son for enjoying restaurants.

Well its pretty obvious your mom wants you to eat from her food, so why not eat from her food and make her feel better. 

Free hasanat! Also, there is a barakah in your moms food!

Remember jennah lies below your moms feet so treat your mothers good.

Zafar...

You are fortunate.

My ___mother was a terrible "cook". Example: mix hamburger and rice, round into balls [these are called "porcupine balls and the rice will stick out], freeze, take out the next week or month, put in the oven at "way low" for 3 hours, and they came out black, burnt and crispy on the outside and still frozen(usually) on the inside.

Or put cheese slices on hamburgers without taking off all the plastic.

Once, l came home late. She said my food was on the stove. So l looked and found two pots. Studied both. Take the one. Then my Dad comes out to feed the dog --as the food was being warmed as it was Winter-- and you guessed it: I thought the dog's food was mine. I already had one or two spoons of it.

In response to something I said after she was finally dead, my cousin D. said to me, " H___, you can't go to Hell for being a bad cook.!" And I responded, "Mom could.!" 

Edited by hasanhh

Sign in to follow this