Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Do You Know This Quote?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salams

A while back I was told a quote of rusoolullah saw, it was along the lines of (forgive me if I skew it) the prophet saw saying he has come to awaken our inner prophet? Has anybody else heard of this quote, I'd be interested in knowing the full quote please

Thanks

• Forum Administrators

If you search ShiaChat, a member quoted a saying from the Prophet SA, but did not say where he read it, and it might be his own translation into English. "I am the outer Prophet who has come to awaken the inner Prophet." Books by some reformists mention the "inner prophet" but what they mean by that is your intellect.

• Veteran Member

Narrated from Imam al-Kazim (as):

O' Hisham! Allah swt has two types of Hujja (evidence/argument) over people, one apparant and one inner / hidden. the apparant is the Prophets and the messengers and the Imams; the inner Hujja is their own intellect / reason

al -Kafi Vol. I p. 16

قال الامام الكاظم عليه السلام

يا هشام ان لله علي الناس حجتين، حجة ظاهرة و حجة باطنة، فاما الظاهرة فهم الانبياء و الرسل و الائمه عليهم السلام، و اما الباطنة فالعقول

الكافي ج1 ص16

http://lib.eshia.ir/11005/1/16/حجتین

Edited by mesbah

• Advanced Member

Salams

A while back I was told a quote of rusoolullah saw, it was along the lines of (forgive me if I skew it) the prophet saw saying he has come to awaken our inner prophet? Has anybody else heard of this quote, I'd be interested in knowing the full quote please

Thanks

as far as I read, we have some quotations imply what you said but not to literally correspond it.

if you consider your intellect as your inner prophet this narration might be helpful.

لیثیروا دفائن العقول

([Allah (swt) sent the messengers] in order for them to revive the buried of the minds [of the people]…).