Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Praying Behind Wahhabis/salafis

Rate this topic

Don'tMakeAس

• Veteran Member

I never heard Particular fatwa of for Wahabi by Ayatullah Sistani. He encouraged to make salaat with Ahle Sunnat Brothers.

When someone asked him on his site , can we eat meat slaughtered by Wahabi ? bcoz our neighbours are all Wahabi ?.. i guess someone from Pakistan.

His answer was clear , It is permissible to eat meat from Muslims.

That means he is considering them Muslim. So its clear we can Recite prayer with them but with the Niyah of Furada.

Rest you can ask on http://sistani.org if you are under Ayatullah Sistani Marjiyat.

Edited by alirex

• Advanced Member

(wasalam)

My brothers and sisters, as you know we are follower of Ahlulbayt. The follower is someone who follows Imam in every aspect of his life, In love, like, hate, dislike and ... .

Our Imams command us that pray behind them as Taqiyya.  I know it's hard for some of us, but I think it's better to obey Allah and Imam not our desires.

I just narrated some traditions in this regard:

4. عَلِيُّ بْنُ جَعْفَرٍ فِي كِتَابِهِ عَنْ أَخِيهِ مُوسَي بْنِ جَعْفَرٍ( ع) قَالَ: صَلَّي حَسَنٌ وَحُسَيْنٌ خَلْفَ مَرْوَانَ وَنَحْنُ نُصَلِّي مَعَهُم‏.( شيخ حر عاملي، وسائل الشيعه، مؤسسه آل البيت، سال 1409 هـ.ق، ج‏8، ص 301).

Ali bin Jafar, in his book narrated from his brother Imam Musa bin Ja'far: Imam Hassan and Hussein (p.b.u.t) pray  behind the Marwan (1) and we (Ahlulbayt)  pray behind them. (2)

Point: (1) Marwan is the governor of large province of Moawiyyah bin Sfyan. He is one of worst enemy of Ahlulbyat. Prophet named him and his father as cursed (Maloon ملعون)

(2) Source: Sheykh horr al-Ameli narrated in his book Wasael al-Shia 8: 301.

The second traditions:

عَنْ حَمَّادِ بْنِ عُثْمَانَ عَنْ أَبِي عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ع أَنَّهُ قَالَ: مَنْ صَلَّي مَعَهُمْ فِي الصَّفِّ الْأَوَّلِ كَانَ كَمَنْ صَلَّي خَلْفَ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ ص فِي الصَّفِّ الْأَوَّل

Imam Sadigh (pbuh) says: Whoever prays in the first row among them is as if he has prayed behind the prophet in the first row.

Source: Sheykh horr al-Ameli narrated in his book Wasael al-Shia 8: 299.

In another Hadith Imam consider it as those who fight against the enemy of the prophet in battle. (Wasael al-Shia 8: 301. )

Any way Wahhabis are not worst than Marwan. So we can pray behind them.

• Development Team

Salaam alaikun, if you have no choice, it should be okay as long as they were tolerant or as long as you don't disclose your beliefs but I haven't heard of a tolerant Salafi/Wahhabi/Deobandi so far.

I most definitely would avoid praying with people opposed or belligerent towards your beliefs, it can be harmful to you physically, mentally and spiritually. That's my two cents so far on that subject.

• Advanced Member

Lets not endlessly debate about issues that have been already solved by our religious leaders who have spent their lives teaching and learning Islam. Lets avoid Mualana Googles and Allamah Yahoos. This is the fatwa of Syed Sistani; Syed Khamenai has a similar fatwa but I am not sure where its at?

I had posted this information separately as well in another post but praying behind Sunnis is allowed as per Ayatollah Sistani;

Question: Is it permissible to offer congregational prayers behind a Sunni prayer leader?

Answer: It is permissible but you must recite Hamd and Sura yourself even though the recitation may be in low voice.

www.sistani.org -> English -> Q&A -> Letter P (Prayer behind a Sunni prayer leader).

Now Wahabis and Salafis consider us Kafir so obviously they don't want us to pray with them and to them I say go to hell.

Lets not endlessly debate about issues that have been already solved by our religious leaders who have spent their lives teaching and learning Islam. Lets avoid Mualana Googles and Allamah Yahoos. This is the fatwa of Syed Sistani; Syed Khamenai has a similar fatwa but I am not sure where its at?

I had posted this information separately as well in another post but praying behind Sunnis is allowed as per Ayatollah Sistani;

Question: Is it permissible to offer congregational prayers behind a Sunni prayer leader?

Answer: It is permissible but you must recite Hamd and Sura yourself even though the recitation may be in low voice.

www.sistani.org -> English -> Q&A -> Letter P (Prayer behind a Sunni prayer leader).

Now Wahabis and Salafis consider us Kafir so obviously they don't want us to pray with them and to them I say go to hell.

It is a matter of debate whether Wahhabis are even Sunnis or not. The Sunnis themselves don't think so. Many even declare the Wahhabis as out of the fold of Islam.

• Advanced Member

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته - May peace be upon you as well as Allah's mercy and his blessings

اللّهم صلّ على محمّد وآل محمّد - O Allah please pray upon Muhammad and the Family of Muhammad

بسم الله الرّحمن الرّحبم - Thanks to the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

I aggree with alirex

107. An infidel i.e. a person who does not believe in Allah and His Oneness, is najis. Similarly, Ghulat who believe in any of the holy twelve Imams as God, or that they are incarnations of God, and Khawarij and Nawasib who express enmity towards th e holy Imams, are also najis. And similar is the case of those who deny Prophethood, or any of the necessary laws of Islam, like, namaz and fasting, which are believed by the Muslims as a part of Islam, and which they also know as such. As regards the people of the Book (i.e. the Jews and the Christians) who do not accept the Prophethood of Prophet Muhammad bin Abdullah (Peace be upon him and his progeny), they are commonly considered najis, but it is not improbable that they are Pak. Ho wever, it is better to avoid them.

111. Any person who abuses any of the twelve holy Imams on account of enmity, is najis.

source: http://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2132/

Though what you said is requiring more information... Even if someone looks wahabbi, salafi, or speaks like such without showing clear enmity to Ahl-el-Bayt -pbut-, you should consider him as a regular Muslim, and everything is halal... If at some time this someone shows enmity to Ahl-el-Bayt -pbut-, then you should consider him najis and you can not eat from him.

Regarding the prayers, i don't mind praying behind other muslims, though i pray it with a furada intention...

I never heard Particular fatwa of for Wahabi by Ayatullah Sistani. He encouraged to make salaat with Ahle Sunnat Brothers.

When someone asked him on his site , can we eat meat slaughtered by Wahabi ? bcoz our neighbours are all Wahabi ?.. i guess someone from Pakistan.

His answer was clear , It is permissible to eat meat from Muslims.

That means he is considering them Muslim. So its clear we can Recite prayer with them but with the Niyah of Furada.

Rest you can ask on http://sistani.org if you are under Ayatullah Sistani Marjiyat.

وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته - And upon you be peace as well as Allah's mercy and his blessings

• Advanced Member

Is it permissible to pray behind a Wahhabi/Salafi/Deobandi Imam?

I know Ayt. Khamenei allows prayer with niyyat of jamat with Sunnis...does this extend to Wahhabis as well?

There are fair Wahabies in this world too ! Not all Wahhabies are Nasibies. They are solely ignorant. Yes if it helps unity I'd pray behind fair Wahhabies too, because they are Muslims.

Sectarianism is the danger.

Edited by maes