Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ali Mahdi

Hadith Of The Day

Rate this topic

Ecstasy during Death

A narration from Imam Sadiq [a] which is cited in 'Al-Kafi' says that one of his companions asked whether a believer may become discontented when his soul is being taken. He replied: 

"By Allah, No! When the angel of death comes to take his soul the believer shows restlessness and the angel says: 'O, Lover of Allah! Be not upset! By He Who has appointed Mohammad to prophethood, I am more sympathetic to you than a kind father. Look carefully!' He looks carefully and sees Prophet Mohammad, Amir -al- Mo'mineen Ali, Fatimah, Hasan, Husain and other Imams from their descendants [a]. 

The angel tells him to look and see that they [a] are all his friends. He opens his eyes and watches. A caller from Almighty Allah suddenly beckons and says: "O, you serene soul! Come back to your Lord well pleased (with Him) and well-pleasing [Him]. So enter among My servants. And enter into My Garden ". At that moment there is nothing better and more beloved than that his soul separates from his body as soon as possible and moves unto his Lord. 
Al-Kafi, vol. 3, Chapter, Believers and the Departure of the Soul, Tradition 2.

Edited by :Fatima:

It is easier to turn a mountain into dust than to create love in a heart that is filled with hatred - Imam Ali

I'm completely new in this. I am sharing something like this at times when most of our people are dealing with ignorance and oppression. 

Salam. 

Edited by MoeAli

رسول خدا (ص) فرمود:
نيك رفتار باش (با پدر و مادر) و در بهشت باش، و اگر عاق و جفا كار باشى، پس به دوزخ بساز.

English Translation:

Narrated by Ali Ibn Ibrahim from his father from Abdullah Ibn Al-Magheira from Abul Hassan (peace be upon him) who narrated, the Prophet said (peace be upon him) said:

“Be righteous [to your parents] and shorten your path to paradise. Be ill-mannered and disobedient, and you shall shorten your path to Hellfire.”

Al-Kafi, Volume 2, Page 348, Traditions #2 & #3

On 16/01/2016 at 6:57 PM, :Fatima: said:

Ecstasy during Death

A narration from Imam Sadiq [a] which is cited in 'Al-Kafi' says that one of his companions asked whether a believer may become discontented when his soul is being taken. He replied: 

"By Allah, No! When the angel of death comes to take his soul the believer shows restlessness and the angel says: 'O, Lover of Allah! Be not upset! By He Who has appointed Mohammad to prophethood, I am more sympathetic to you than a kind father. Look carefully!' He looks carefully and sees Prophet Mohammad, Amir -al- Mo'mineen Ali, Fatimah, Hasan, Husain and other Imams from their descendants [a]. 

The angel tells him to look and see that they [a] are all his friends. He opens his eyes and watches. A caller from Almighty Allah suddenly beckons and says: "O, you serene soul! Come back to your Lord well pleased (with Him) and well-pleasing [Him]. So enter among My servants. And enter into My Garden ". At that moment there is nothing better and more beloved than that his soul separates from his body as soon as possible and moves unto his Lord. 
Al-Kafi, vol. 3, Chapter, Believers and the Departure of the Soul, Tradition 2.

oh my goshhh !!!!! that is incredibly beautifull , sooo beautifulllllll

The Expected Mahdi [a] and His Government of Justice

Imam Mahdi [a] said:

I am Al-Mahdi and I am the still-living one who will establish justice throughout the world the same as it has been filled with oppression. Surely the earth will never remain without a witness, and people will not live in lack of a leader. Thus, do not retell this deposite except for your (Muslim) brothers who are Men of God."

Kamal-ud-Din, p. 445

Narrated from Rameyla who said:

"I became extremely ill during the time of Amir-ul-Momineen (as). I found in myself lightness (felt better) in the Day of Friday, and I said (to myself), "I don’t know of anything which is better than pouring water on myself and Praying behind Amir-ul-Momineen (as)". 
I did that, then went to the Mosque. When Amir-ul-Momineen (as) ascended the Pulpit, that illness of mine returned. When Amir-ul-Momineen (as) departed and entered the palace, I entered along with him (as). He (as) said, " Rameyla, I (as) saw that you were covering parts of you with other parts".

I said, Yes, and I related to him (as) the story which had happened with me and made me to come and Pray behind him (as).

He (as) said: "O Rameyla, there is none from the believers who falls sick except that we (as) get sick with his illness, and he does not grieve except that we (as) are aggrieved by his grief, and he does not supplicate except that we (as) say Ameen to his supplication, and he does not become silent except that we (as) supplicate for him".

I said, "O Amir-ul-Momineen (as), may Allah (swt) Make me to be sacrificed for you (as), this is from you (as) for those who are here. Do you (as) see the ones who are in other parts of the earth?"

He (as) said: "O Rameyla, a believer is not hidden from me (as), be he in the east of the earth or in the west of it."

[Source: Basair al-Darajaat, Vol. 1, Pg. 269, Hadith. 1 & Rijaal al-Kashi, Pg. 103 & Irshad Al Quloob Vol.2 Pg.282 (slightly different)]

Edited by muhibb-ali

Private conversation with the Imam (atfs)

ما رواه محمد بن يعقوب الكليني في كتاب الرسائل عمّن سمّاه قال: كتبت إلى أبي الحسن عليه السّلام أنّ الرجل يحب أن يفضي إلى إمامه ما يحب أن يفضي إلى ربّه، قال: فكتب إن كان لك حاجة فحرّك‏ شفتيك‏ فإنّ‏ الجواب يأتيك‏

Narrated from al-Kulayni in his book "Al-Rasael" from a person,

I wrote to Abi al-Hasan Imam Ali Naqi (as) that a person wants to have private/secret conversation with his Imam like how he has private/secret conversation with his Lord.

Imam (as) wrote back to him, "If you have any need, then bring your lips into motion and surely the answer will come to you."

[Source: Kashf al-Mahajjah – Ibn Taoos, Pg. 211]

http://www.marefateahlebait.com/the-12th-imam/private-conversation-with-the-imam

Edited by muhibb-ali

"The first inhabitants of the heavens to take Ali ibn Abi Talib [as] as a brother were Israfeel, then Mikaeel, then Jibrael. The first ones to love him were the carriers of the Arsh, then Rizwan, the keeper of Paradise, and then Malik al-Mowt. Malik al-Mowt is as merciful to those who love Ali ibn Abi Talib [as] as he is to the prophets [saw]."

~The Messenger of Allah (ص) Fada’il Amirul Mo’minin h. 64

I can't seem to find a Shi'a source for this hadith, but it is quite nice, so I'll share it anyway.

سُئل الإمام علي بن أبي طالب :

ما أعظم جنود الله ؟

قال : إني نظرت إلى الحديد فوجدته أعظم جنود الله ...

ثم نظرت إلى النار فوجدتها تذيب الحديد فقلت
النار أعظم جنود الله ...

ثم نظرت إلى الماء فوجدته يطفئ النار فقلت
الماء أعظم جنود الله ...

ثم نظرت إلى السحاب فوجدته يحمل الماء فقلت
السحاب أعظم جنود الله ...

ثم نظرت إلى الهواء وجدته يسوق السحاب فقلت
الهواء أعظم جنود الله ...

ثم نظرت إلى الجبال فوجدتها تعترض الهواء فقلت
الجبال أعظم جنود الله ...

ثم نظرت إلى الإنسان فوجدته يقف على الجبال
وينحتها فقلت الإنسان أعظم جنود الله ...

ثم نظرت إلى ما يُقعد الأنسان فوجدته النوم فقلت
النوم أعظم جنود الله ...

ثم وجدت أن ما يُذهب النوم فوجدته الهم والغم فقلت

الهم والغم أعظم جنود الله ...

ثم نظرت فوجدت أن الهم والغم محلهما القلب فقلت :القلب أعظم جنود الله ...
ووجدت هذا القلب لا يطمئن إلا بذكر الله
فقلت أعظم جنود الله ... ذكـــر الله

( الذين أمنوا وتطمئن قلوبهم بذكر الله ألا بذكر الله تطمئن القلوب )
سورة الأنفال

الطبراني في "المعجم الأوسط" (1/276-277/901)

Imam 'Ali b. Abi Talib was asked:

What are the mightiest soldiers of Allah?

He said: Verily I looked upon iron and found that it was the mightiest soldier of Allah

Then I looked upon fire and found that it melts iron, so I said: "fire is the mightiest solider of Allah"

Then I looked upon water and found that it extinguishes fire, so I said: "water is the mightiest soldier of Allah"

Then I looked upon the clouds and found them carrying water, so I said: "the clouds are the mightiest soldiers of Allah"

Then I looked upon the wind and found that it drives the clouds, so I said: "the wind is the mightiest soldier of Allah"

Then I looked upon the mountain and found that it stops the wind, so I said: "the mountain is the mightiest soldier of Allah"

Then I looked upon man and found him standing on the mountain and hewing it out, so I said: "man is the mightiest soldier of Allah"

Then I looked upon that which renders man unable to work and I found that it was slumber, so I said: "slumber is the mightiest soldier of Allah"

Then I found that worry and sadness prevent slumber, so I said: "worry and sadness are the mightiest soldiers of Allah"

Then I pondered and found that worry and sadness reside in the heart, so I said: "the heart is the mightiest soldier of Allah"
And I found that that heart only finds rest in the remembrance of Allah.
So I said...that the mightiest soldier of Allah is the remembrance of Allah

those who have faith and whose hearts find rest in the remembrance of Allah.’ Behold! The hearts find rest in Allah’s remembrance! (13:28)

Edited by Ali_Hussain

2 hours ago, Ali_Hussain said:

I can't seem to find a Shi'a source for this hadith, but it is quite nice, so I'll share it anyway.

سُئل الإمام علي بن أبي طالب :

ما أعظم جنود الله ؟

قال : إني نظرت إلى الحديد فوجدته أعظم جنود الله ...

ثم نظرت إلى النار فوجدتها تذيب الحديد فقلت
النار أعظم جنود الله ...

ثم نظرت إلى الماء فوجدته يطفئ النار فقلت
الماء أعظم جنود الله ...

ثم نظرت إلى السحاب فوجدته يحمل الماء فقلت
السحاب أعظم جنود الله ...

ثم نظرت إلى الهواء وجدته يسوق السحاب فقلت
الهواء أعظم جنود الله ...

ثم نظرت إلى الجبال فوجدتها تعترض الهواء فقلت
الجبال أعظم جنود الله ...

ثم نظرت إلى الإنسان فوجدته يقف على الجبال
وينحتها فقلت الإنسان أعظم جنود الله ...

ثم نظرت إلى ما يُقعد الأنسان فوجدته النوم فقلت
النوم أعظم جنود الله ...

ثم وجدت أن ما يُذهب النوم فوجدته الهم والغم فقلت

الهم والغم أعظم جنود الله ...

ثم نظرت فوجدت أن الهم والغم محلهما القلب فقلت :القلب أعظم جنود الله ...
ووجدت هذا القلب لا يطمئن إلا بذكر الله
فقلت أعظم جنود الله ... ذكـــر الله

( الذين أمنوا وتطمئن قلوبهم بذكر الله ألا بذكر الله تطمئن القلوب )
سورة الأنفال

الطبراني في "المعجم الأوسط" (1/276-277/901)

Imam 'Ali b. Abi Talib was asked:

What are the mightiest soldiers of Allah?

He said: Verily I looked upon iron and found that it was the mightiest soldier of Allah

Then I looked upon fire and found that it melts iron, so I said: "fire is the mightiest solider of Allah"

Then I looked upon water and found that it extinguishes fire, so I said: "water is the mightiest soldier of Allah"

Then I looked upon the clouds and found them carrying water, so I said: "the clouds are the mightiest soldiers of Allah"

Then I looked upon the wind and found that it drives the clouds, so I said: "the wind is the mightiest soldier of Allah"

Then I looked upon the mountain and found that it stops the wind, so I said: "the mountain is the mightiest soldier of Allah"

Then I looked upon man and found him standing on the mountain and hewing it out, so I said: "man is the mightiest soldier of Allah"

Then I looked upon that which renders man unable to work and I found that it was slumber, so I said: "slumber is the mightiest soldier of Allah"

Then I found that worry and sadness prevent slumber, so I said: "worry and sadness are the mightiest soldiers of Allah"

Then I pondered and found that worry and sadness reside in the heart, so I said: "the heart is the mightiest soldier of Allah"
And I found that that heart only finds rest in the remembrance of Allah.
So I said...that the mightiest soldier of Allah is the remembrance of Allah

those who have faith and whose hearts find rest in the remembrance of Allah.’ Behold! The hearts find rest in Allah’s remembrance! (13:28)

:salam:

Alhamdulilah and thank you for this !

Actually their is a hadith from Imam Musa Al kazim which says " the word Qalb means Aql " and is wrongly translated as heart in English.

Imam Musa-e-Kazim says: 

O Hisham! Allahazwj Says (50:37):- ‘

Verily in this is a Message for any that has a Qalb’ meaning ‘Aql’ 

unfortunately I cannot paste the Arabic hadith for some reason. 

Edited by certainclarity

علي بن إبراهيم، عن أبيه، عن ابن أبي عمير، عن الحكم بن أيمن، عن القاسم الصيرفي شريك المفضل قال: سمعت أبا عبدالله عليه السلام يقول: الاسلام يحقن به الدم، وتؤدى به الامانة، وتستحل به الفروج: والثواب على الايمان

Ali b. Ibrahim from his father from Ibn Abi Umayr from al-Hakam b. Ayman from al-Qasim al-Sayrafi the partner of al-Mufadhal who said: I heard Aba Abdillah عليه السلام saying: Islam is that which is preserved by it the blood, and is returned by it the trust, and is legitimized by it the marriage, but the reward is due to Iman (faith).

علي، عن أبيه، عن ابن أبي عمير، عن العلاء، عن محمد بن مسلم، عن أحدهما عليهما السلام قال: الايمان إقرار وعمل، والاسلام إقرار بلا عمل

Ali from his father from Ibn Abi Umayr from al-Ala from Muhammad b. Muslim from one of the two عليهما السلام who said: Iman is acceptance together with action, while Islam is acceptance without acting upon it.

Edited by Islamic Salvation

The downfall of the world and reward and punishment in the next world.

قد تقدّم مختارها برواية ونذكرها هاهنا برواية أخرى لتغاير الروايتين
Beware, the world is wrapping itself up and has announced its departure. Its known things have become strangers and it is speedily moving backward. It is advancing its inhabitants towards destruction and driving its neighbours towards death. Its sweet things (enjoyments) have become sour, and its clear things have become polluted. Consequently, what has remained of it is just like the remaining water in a vessel or a mouthful of water in the measure. If a thirsty person drinks it his thirst is not quenched.

أَلاَ وَإِنَّ الدُّنْيَا قَدْ تَصَرَّمَتْ، وَآذَنَتْ بِانْقِضَاء، وَتَنَكَّرَ مَعْرُوفُها، وَأَدْبَرَتْ حَذَّاءَ، فَهِيَ تَحْفِزُ بِالْفَنَاءِ سُكَّانَهَا، وَتَحْدُو بِالْمَوْتِ جِيرَانَهَا، وَقَدْ مَرَّمِنْها مَا كَانَ حُلْواً، وَكَدِرَ مِنْهَا ما كَانَ صَفْواً، فَلَمْ يَبْقَ مِنْهَا إِلاَّ سَمَلَةٌ كَسَمَلَةِ الاْدَاوَةِ، أَوْ جُرْعَةٌ كَجُرْعَةِ الْمَقْلَةِ، لَوْ تَمَزَّزَهَا الصَّدْيَانُ لَمْ يَنْقَعْ .
O creatures of Allah, get ready to go out of this world for whose inhabitants decay is ordained, and (beware) heart’s wishes should overpower you, nor should you take your stay (in life) to be long. By Allah, if you cry like the she-camel that has lost its young one, call out like the cooing of pigeons, make noise like devoted recluses and turn to Allah leaving your wealth and children as a means to secure His nearness and high position with Him or the forgiveness of sins which have been covered by His books and recorded by His angels, it would be less than His reward that I expect for you or His retribution that I fear about you.

فَأَزْمِعُوا عِبَادَ اللهِ الرَّحِيلَ عَنْ هذِهِ الدَّارِ المَقْدُورِ عَلَى أَهْلِهَا الزَّوالُ، وَلاَ يَغْلِبَنَّكُمْ فِيهَا الاْمَلُ، وَلاَ يَطُولَنَّ عَلَيْكُمْ الاْمَدُ. فَوَاللهِ لَوْ حَنَنْتُمْ حَنِينَ الْوُلَّهِ الْعِجَالِ، وَدَعَوْتُمْ بِهَدِيلِ الْحَمَامِ، وَجَأَرْتُمْ جُؤَارَ مُتَبَتِّلِي الرُّهْبَانِ، وَخَرَجْتُمْ إِلَى اللهِ مِنَ الاْمْوَالِ وَالاْوْلاَدِ، الْتمَاسَ الْقُرْبَةِ إِلَيْهِ فِي ارْتِفَاعِ دَرَجَة عِنْدَهُ، أوغُفْرَانِ سِيِّئَة أَحْصَتْهَا كُتُبُهُ، وَحَفِظَتْهَا رُسُلُهُ، لَكَانَ قَلِيلاً فَيَما أَرْجُو لَكُم مِنْ ثَوَابِهِ، وَأَخَافُ عَلَيْكُمْ مِنْ عِقَابِهِ.
By Allah, if your hearts melt down thoroughly and your eyes shed tears of blood either in hope for Him or for fear from Him and you are also allowed to live in this world all the time that it lasts even then your actions cannot pay for His great bounties over you and His having guided you towards faith.

وَتَاللهِ لَوِ انْمَاثَتْ قُلوبُكُمُ انْمِيَاثاً، وَسَالَتْ عُيُونُكُمْ مِنْ رَغْبَة إِلَيْهِ وَرَهْبَة مِنْهُ دَماً، ثُمَّ عُمِّرْتُمْ فِي الدُّنْيَا، مَا الدُّنْيَا بَاقِيَةٌ، مَا جَزَتْ أَعْمَالُكُمْ [عَنْكُمْ] ـ وَلَوْ لَمْ تُبْقُوا شَيْئاً مِنْ جُهْدِكُمْ ـ أَنْعُمَهُ عَلَيْكُمُ الْعِظَامَ، وَهُدَاهُ إِيَّاكُمْ لِلاْيمَانِ.

Nahjul-Balagha, Sermon 52,

Imam Zayn al-`Abideen [a] said,

"May Allah have mercy on al-`Abbas b. `Ali [a], for he had chosen his brother over himself, and given and ransomed [himself for his brother], until his two hands were cut off. So, Allah replaced them for him with two wings by which he flies with the angels in Paradise, just as He made for Ja`far b. Abi Talib. Surely, al-`Abbas has a station with Allah تبارك وتعالى which all the martyrs on the Day of the Resurrection shall envy of him."

(al-Khisal)

:'( Labbayk Ya Abbas(as) <3

الْحَمْدُ للهِ الدَّالِّ عَلَى وُجُودِهِ بِخَلْقِهِ، وَبِمُحْدَثِ خَلْقِهِ عَلَى أَزَلِيَّته، وَبِاشْتِبَاهِهِمْ عَلَى أَنْ لاَ شَبَهَ لَهُ. لاَ تَسْتَلِمُهُ الْمَشَاعِرُ، وَلاَ تَحْجُبُهُ السَّوَاتِرُ، لاِفْتِرَاِق الصَّانِعِ وَالْمَصْنُوعِ، وَالْحَادِّ وَالْـمَحْدُودِ، وَالرَّبِّ وَالْمَرْبُوبِ.
"He is One but not by the first in counting, is Creator but not through activity or labour, is Hearer but not by means of any physical organ, is Looker but not by a stretching of eyelids, is Witness but not by nearness, is Distinct but not by measurement of distance, is Manifest but not by seeing and is Hidden but not by subtlety (of body). He is Distinct from things because He overpowers them and exercises might over them, while things are distinct from Him because of their subjugation to Him and their turning towards Him."

Sermon 152, Nahjul Balagha

Then the Messenger of Allah (saww) said: "Seek refuge with Allah (swt) from the Outcast Satan, for the one who seeks refuge with Allah (swt), Allah (swt) Grants him refuge. And seek refuge from his slandering, blowing and whispering. Do you know what this is? As for his slandering, it is when you puts it harbour in your hearts the hatred for Us the AhlulBait (as)."

They said: "How can we have hatred for You after having recognized Your places from Allah (swt) and Your stations?"

He said: "If you hate Our friends and love Our enemies. Seek refuge with Allah (swt) from the love of Our enemies and the enmity to Our friends. Seek refuge from hating Us and being Our enemies. For The one who loves Our enemies is Our enemy and We are away from him, and Allah (swt) the Almighty is Away from him".

[Source: Tafseer al-Askari, Hadith. 347]

ثم قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله: تعوذوا بالله من الشيطان الرجيم، فان من تعوذ بالله منه أعاذه الله [وتعوذوا] من همزاته ونفخاته ونفثاته. أتدرون ما هي؟ أما همزاته: فما يلقيه في قلوبكم من بغضنا أهل البيت. قالوا: يا رسول الله وكيف نبغضكم بعد ما عرفنا محلكم من الله ومنزلتكم؟ قال صلى الله عليه وآله: بأن تبغضوا أولياءنا وتحبوا أعداءنا، فاستعيذوا بالله من محبة أعدائنا وعداوة أوليائنا، فتعاذوا من بغضنا وعداوتنا، فان من أحب أعداءنا فقد عادانا ونحن منه براء، والله عز وجل منه برئ

On 29/02/2016 at 2:08 AM, -Guest said:

الْحَمْدُ للهِ الدَّالِّ عَلَى وُجُودِهِ بِخَلْقِهِ، وَبِمُحْدَثِ خَلْقِهِ عَلَى أَزَلِيَّته، وَبِاشْتِبَاهِهِمْ عَلَى أَنْ لاَ شَبَهَ لَهُ. لاَ تَسْتَلِمُهُ الْمَشَاعِرُ، وَلاَ تَحْجُبُهُ السَّوَاتِرُ، لاِفْتِرَاِق الصَّانِعِ وَالْمَصْنُوعِ، وَالْحَادِّ وَالْـمَحْدُودِ، وَالرَّبِّ وَالْمَرْبُوبِ.
"He is One but not by the first in counting, is Creator but not through activity or labour, is Hearer but not by means of any physical organ, is Looker but not by a stretching of eyelids, is Witness but not by nearness, is Distinct but not by measurement of distance, is Manifest but not by seeing and is Hidden but not by subtlety (of body). He is Distinct from things because He overpowers them and exercises might over them, while things are distinct from Him because of their subjugation to Him and their turning towards Him."

Sermon 152, Nahjul Balagha

HELP!!! I CANT LIKE THIS QUOTE ENOUGH!!!!!

1547 / 17 - جامع الأخبار: عن النبي (صلى الله عليه وآله) قال:
" أفضل الزهد في الدنيا ذكر الموت، وأفضل العبادة ذكر الموت، وأفضل التفكر ذكر الموت، فمن أثقله ذكر الموت، وجد قبره روضة من رياض الجنة "

Jami' al-Akhbar: From the Prophet, peace be upon him and his family, he said: the best asceticism in this world is the remembrance of death, and the best worship is the remembrance of death, and the best contemplation is the remembrance of death, so he who burdens himself with the remembrance of death will find his grave like one of the gardens of Paradise.

1548 / 18 - عوالي اللآلي: عن النبي (صلى الله عليه وآله) قال: " ان القلوب تصدأ كما يصدأ الحديد، قيل يا رسول الله وما جلاؤها؟
قال: قراءة القرآن، وذكر الموت

'Awali al-Laali: From the Prophet, peace be upon him and his family, he said: verily hearts rust the way iron rusts, it was said: O Messenger of Allah and what is its polish? He said: the recitation of the Qur'an and the remembrance of death.

Mustadrak al-Wasa'il, v.2, p.104

ـ حدثنا أحمد بن محمد [ بن ] السناني ـ رضي‌الله‌عنه ـ قال : حدثنا حمزة بن القاسم العلوي العباسي ، قال : حدثنا جعفر بن محمد بن مالك الفزاري ، قال : حدثنا محمد بن الحسين بن [ ي ] زيد الزيات ، قال : حدثنا محمد بن سنان ، قال : حدثنا زياد بن المنذر ، عن سعيد بن جبير ، عن عائشة قالت : قال رسول الله صلى‌الله‌عليه‌وآله : علي سيد العرب فقلت : يا رسول الله ألست سيد العرب؟ قال : أنا سيد ولد آدم وعلي سيد العرب. قلت : وما السيد؟ قال : من افترضت طاعته كما افترضت طاعتي

The Prophet Muhammad(saw) said: 'Ali(as) is the Sayyed(master) of the Arabs. 'Aisha said: O Allah's Messenger, are you not the Sayyed of the Arabs? The Prophet(saw) said: I am the Sayyed of the sons of Adam(as) while 'Ali(as) is the Sayyed of the Arabs. 'Aisha said: And what is a Sayyed? The Prophet(saw) answered: The one whose obedience to becomes obligatory just as obedience to me became obligatory. [Ma'ani al-Akhbar]

Edited by Al-Hassan

:bismillah:

Holy Prophet Muhammad al Mustafā (salla llāhu ʿalayhi wa-alehe wa-sallam) said:

"If a person recites four unit (Rak’at) Namaz on the night of 7th Rajab in a manner that in each unit (Rak’at) after Surah-al-Hamd recites thrice Surah-at-Tawheed, once Surah-al-Falaq, and once Surah-an-Naas. After finishing the Namaz, sends ‘Salawat’ on us and recites ten times Tasbeehate Arba’,

Almighty Allāh will offer him shelter under the Throne (Arsh), and give him reward of a person fasting in the month of Ramazan. Till the time he finishes the prayers, the Angels pray for his forgiveness. Allah will ease the pangs of death on him, and save him from the squeeze in the grave (Fishare Qabr). He will not die until he sees his place in Paradise, and will be safe from the hardships of Resurrection (Qiyamat)"

[Reference: Manazelul Akherah, Chapter 1; Iqbal al-A'maal of Sayyid ibn Tawus vol. 2 p. 261]
Edited by StarryNight

Mufawwezah or Muqasserah ???

"A group of Mufawweza and Muqassera* sent Kamil bin Ibrahim Madani to Imam Hasan Askari (as). Kamil bin Ibrahim says: I said to myself: I will ask the Imam, if only those who have the same beliefs as us and same the same as we say will enter Paradise?

He says: When I met the Imam, I saw that he was wearing a rich garment. I said to myself: The Wali of Allah and the proof of Allah is himself wearing such garments and he tells us to be equitable with our brothers in faith and prohibits us from wearing such clothes.

The Imam (as) then said smiling and turned up his sleeve: O Kamil, look here. I found that below the rich garment was a coarse shirt that was in contact with his body. "See this coarse garment is for the Almighty Allah and the rich dress is for you people."

Thus I greeted him and sat down near a door across which a curtain hung. Just then a gust of wind moved the curtain away. I saw a four-year-old handsome boy who was like a moon who called out: O Kamil bin Ibrahim, (I began to tremble and automatically said: Labbaik Yaa Sayyidi) Here I am, O my master.

The boy said: You have come to the Wali of Allah and the proof of Allah and the door of Allah with the query if those who don’t have the same belief as us and say the same thing as us will enter Paradise. I said: By Allah, I wanted to ask this only.

He (the Boy) said: If it is so, very few people will enter Paradise. No, by Allah, even the Haqqiya will enter Paradise. I asked: Who are Haqqiya?

He replied: Who love Imam Ali (a.s.) and who swear by his right, but they don’t know what his rights and merits are.

Then that boy remained quiet for sometime and then said: And you also came here to ask about the belief of Mufawweza. They are liars. And our hearts are abodes of divine intention and when Allah intends something, we are also ready for it.

"And you do not Will except that Allah Wills." (76:30)

Then the curtain, which had moved away by the breeze, returned to its position and I did not dare move it away again.

After that Imam Hasan Askari (as) smiled at me and said: O Kamil, why are you sitting here. Your questions were answered by the one who will be the divine proof and the Imam after me.

Kamil says: After that I came out from there and never saw him again. Abu Naeem says: I met Kamil and asked him about this tradition and he narrated the same to me.

[Source: Al-Ghaibah, Shaikh Toosi, Pg. 247]

* Mufawwizah - Those who believed that Allah (swt) delegated all the affairs to the Imam's (as) and now everything was done by the Imam's (as) independently from the Allah (swt).
Muqassirah - Those who doubt and reject the merits (position/status) of the Imam's (as) after it has been made clear to them.

http://www.marefateahlebait.com/the-12th-imam/those-who-met-the-imam-atfs/mufawwezah-or-muqasserah

Imām Ja'far ibn Muhammad  al-Sādiq (alayhi salām) answered:

"Listen Salim, if one observes fasting on the last day of this month, this will secure him against the agonies of death, the horror of the resurrection and the torture in the grave. As for one who observes fasting on the last two days of this month, this will give him permission to pass the path (Sirāt) peacefully.. and  as for one who observes  fasting one the last three days of the month, he shall be secured on the Grand Horror day against all horrors and hardships thereon, and shall be also granted release from hell fire.” 

[Reference: The Rites of Rajab, Sha'ban & Ramadan page 47- 48, Ibn babawayh quoted Salim]

Holy Prophet Muhammad al Mustafā (salla llāhu ʿalayhi wa-alehe wa-sallam) said:

"Rajab is the month of seeking forgiveness for my people; so you seek forgiveness much more than the usual during this month, for Almighty Allāh is forgiving and merciful. This month is described as the advantageous month, because mercy is poured on my people during it so heavily. You should thus repeat very much the following invocation -
‘Astaghfirullaah wa as-aluhut tawbah’

أَسْتَغْفِرُ اللّه وَأَسْأَلُهُ التَّوْبَةَ."

[Reference: The Rites of Rajab, Sha'ban & Ramadan, page 47].

* ( معنى أبى تراب ) * ١ ـ [ أبي ـ رحمه‌الله ـ قال : حدثنا علي بن إبراهيم بن هاشم ، عن أبيه ، عن محمد بن خالد البرقي ، عن أبي قتادة القمي رفعه إلى أبي عبد الله عليه‌السلام و ] حدثنا أحمد بن الحسن القطان العدل ، قال : حدثنا أبو العباس أحمد بن يحيى بن زكريا القطان ، قال : حدثنا بكر بن عبد الله بن حبيب ، قال : حدثنا تميم بن بهلول ، عن أبيه ، قال : حدثنا أبو الحسن العبدي ، عن سليمان بن مهران ، عن عباية بن ربعي ، قال : قلت : لعبد الله بن العباس لم كنى رسول الله صلى‌الله‌عليه‌وآله عليا عليه‌السلام أبا تراب؟ قال : لأنه صاحب الأرض ، وحجة الله على أهلها بعده ، وبه بقاؤها وإليه سكونها ، ولقد سمعت رسول الله عليه وآله يقول : إذا كان يوم القيامة ورأي الكافر ما أعد الله تبارك وتعالى لشيعة علي من الثواب والزلفى والكرامة قال : يا ليتني كنت ترابا. (١) أي يا ليتني كنت من شيعة علي. وذلك قول الله عزوجل : « ويقول الكافر يا ليتني كنت ترابا »

A man asked 'Abdullah b. 'Abbas; "Why did the Messenger of Allah (swt) give the title of Abu Turab (father of soil) to 'Ali (as)?". Ibn 'Abbas answered: Because after the Prophet (saw), he is the custodian of the earth and the Hujjah (proof) of Allah (swt) upon it's inhabitants. It's existence will be due to him and it's inhabitants will only reside [for the purpose of his authority]. And I heard the Messenger of Allah (saw) say: 'During the day of resurrection when there will be a disbeliever behind me who Allah (swt) did not count as one of the Shi'as of 'Ali to gain any reward and dignity, he will be saying, "O, I wish that I were dust!"'. Meaning, he will mean to say, "O, I wish I was among the Shi'a of 'Ali (as)". And this is based on the saying of Allah 'Azawajjal; "...and the disbeliever will say, Oh, I wish that I were dust! (an-Naba:40)" [Ma'ani al-Akhbar]

3 hours ago, Al-Hassan said:

* ( معنى أبى تراب ) * ١ ـ [ أبي ـ رحمه‌الله ـ قال : حدثنا علي بن إبراهيم بن هاشم ، عن أبيه ، عن محمد بن خالد البرقي ، عن أبي قتادة القمي رفعه إلى أبي عبد الله عليه‌السلام و ] حدثنا أحمد بن الحسن القطان العدل ، قال : حدثنا أبو العباس أحمد بن يحيى بن زكريا القطان ، قال : حدثنا بكر بن عبد الله بن حبيب ، قال : حدثنا تميم بن بهلول ، عن أبيه ، قال : حدثنا أبو الحسن العبدي ، عن سليمان بن مهران ، عن عباية بن ربعي ، قال : قلت : لعبد الله بن العباس لم كنى رسول الله صلى‌الله‌عليه‌وآله عليا عليه‌السلام أبا تراب؟ قال : لأنه صاحب الأرض ، وحجة الله على أهلها بعده ، وبه بقاؤها وإليه سكونها ، ولقد سمعت رسول الله عليه وآله يقول : إذا كان يوم القيامة ورأي الكافر ما أعد الله تبارك وتعالى لشيعة علي من الثواب والزلفى والكرامة قال : يا ليتني كنت ترابا. (١) أي يا ليتني كنت من شيعة علي. وذلك قول الله عزوجل : « ويقول الكافر يا ليتني كنت ترابا »

A man asked 'Abdullah b. 'Abbas; "Why did the Messenger of Allah (swt) give the title of Abu Turab (father of soil) to 'Ali (as)?". Ibn 'Abbas answered: Because after the Prophet (saw), he is the custodian of the earth and the Hujjah (proof) of Allah (swt) upon it's inhabitants. It's existence will be due to him and it's inhabitants will only reside [for the purpose of his authority]. And I heard the Messenger of Allah (saw) say: 'During the day of resurrection when there will be a disbeliever behind me who Allah (swt) did not count as one of the Shi'as of 'Ali to gain any reward and dignity, he will be saying, "O, I wish that I were dust!"'. Meaning, he will mean to say, "O, I wish I was among the Shi'a of 'Ali (as)". And this is based on the saying of Allah 'Azawajjal; "...and the disbeliever will say, Oh, I wish that I were dust! (an-Naba:40)" [Ma'ani al-Akhbar]

And Sunni version:

Sahl b. Sa`d reported that a person from the offspring of Marwan was appointed as the governor of Medina. He called Sahl b. Sa`d and ordered him to abuse `Ali. Sahl refused to do that. He (the governor) said to him:

If you do not agree to it (at least) say: May Allah curse Abu Turab. Sahl said: There was no name dearer to `Ali than Abu Turab (for it was given to him by the Prophet himself) and he felt delighted when he was called by this name. He (the governor) said to him: Narrate to us the story of his being named as Abu Turab. He said: Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) came to the house of Fatima and he did not find `Ali in the house; whereupon he said: Where is your uncle's son? She said: (There cropped up something) between me and him which had annoyed him with me. He went out and did not rest here. Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) asked a person to find out where he was. He came and said: Allah's Messenger, he is sleeping in the mosque. Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) came to him and found him lying in the mosque and saw that his mantle had slipped from his back and his back was covered with dust and Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) began to wipe it away from him (from the body of Hadrat `Ali) saying: Get up, covered with dust (Abu Turab); get up, covered with dust.
Edited by Dhulfikar