Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Imam al-Sadiq [as] narrates that it is written in The Torah:

“O’Son of Man, if you EMPTY yourself, i.e. disengage yourself from all other preoccupations to make yourself available for My worship, I will fill your heart with richness and I will not abandon you to what you seek and long for. And it will be upon Me to close the door of poverty upon you and to fill your heart with awe for Me. 

And if you don’t empty yourself for My worship, I will fill your heart with preoccupation with the world. I will not close upon you the door of poverty and will abandon you to what you seek."

(al-Kulayni (RA), Usul al-Kafi ,2, “Kitab al-’Iman wa1-Kufr’, “Bab al-‘Ibadah”, Tradition number 1)

Edited by _Fatima

1393 - The Prophet Mohammad PBUH says:
ﻻ ﻳﺴﺘﻘﻴﻢ ﺍﻳﻤﺎﻥ ﻋﺒﺪ ﺣﺘﻰ ﻳﺴﺘﻘﻴﻢ ﻗﻠﺒﻪ; ﻭﻻ ﻳﺴﺘﻘﻴﻢ ﻗﻠﺒﻪ ﺣﺘﻰ ﻳﺴﺘﻘﻴﻢ ﻟﺴﺎﻧﻪ.
No one of you will be perfect in true faith unless he controls his tongue.
Nahjul Fasahah

Prophet Muhammad SA said: "Deal gently with people, and be not harsh; cheer them and condemn not."

The Imam Ja'far b. Muhammad as-Sadiq [as] has said: "Our Cause is difficult; the only ones able to bear it are a prophet sent by God, an angel of Proximity, and a faithful believer whose heart has been tested by God for faith."
(al-Saffar al-Qummi, Basa'ir al-Darajat, sec. 1, ch. 11)

Once, the scholars of Ahlul Sunnah invited Allama Amini (author of Al-Ghadir) for a meal. However, Allama Amini refused. They insisted on inviting Allama  Amini to their Majlis. Due to their continuous insistence, Allama Amini accepted their invitation under the condition that it be only for a meal and that there should be no discussions of any sort. They accepted this condition. After the meal was served, one of the scholars of Ahlul Sunnah from among the many scholars in the Majlis (around 70 to 80 scholars) was about to start a discussion. At this point, Allama Amini said; “We agreed to have no discussions.” However, they still stated: “Then, to incur blessings on the Majlis, everyone shall recite a Hadith from here so as to brighten the session.” All those who were present in the Majlis were memorisers of Hadith, and a memoriser of Hadith is someone who has memorised one hundred thousand Hadiths. One by one, they started to recite a Hadith until it was Allama Amini’s turn. Allama said to them: “My condition for reciting this Hadith is that initially everyone should confirm the authenticity or inauthenticity of the Hadith.” Everyone accepted, then Allama said: “Rasullalah (SAWA) has stated: Whosoever dies without knowing the Imam of his time dies the death of Jahiliyah (the time of ignorance).” Then, he asked from each and every one of those present regarding the authenticity of the Hadith and everyone confirmed its authenticity. Then, he stated: “Now that you all have confirmed the authenticity of the Hadith, I have a question for you.” Then he asked the whole audience: “Did Fatima Zahra (SA) know the Imam of her time or not…? If she knew, who was the Imam of Fatima Zahra (SA)’s time?” Everyone went silent for 15-20 minutes and dropped their heads down. Because they had nothing to say as an answer, they would leave one by one and would say to themselves, if we say that she didn’t know, then we should say that Fatima (SA) died the death of an infidel and far be it from the Leader of The Women of the Worlds to have died as an infidel. If we say that she knew, how should we say that the Imam of her time was Abu Bakr while Bukhari (one of the most prominent scholars of Ahlul Sunnah) has stated that Fatima (SA) died while extremely angry with Abu Bakr. Because they had to accept the truth and Imamat of Imam Ali Ib Abi Talib (AS), they kept silent and left the Majlis with shame.

Imam Ali said, "Bear sorrows and calamities patiently, otherwise you will never be happy." 

Anas Ibn Malik says: "Every day, one of the children of the Ansar would do some task for the Prophet. One day my turn came. Umm Ayman brought a chicken dish before the Prophet and said: `Messenger of Allah! I have caught this chicken myself and cooked it for you.' He said: `O God! Send the best of (Thy) slaves that he may share with me in eating this chicken.' At that very moment someone knocked on the door and the Prophet said to me: `Anas! Open the door.'

I said: `May God make it a man of the Ansar!' But I found 'Ali in front of the door, and I said: `The Prophet is busy.' Then I returned to stand in my place. Again there was a knock at the door, and the Prophet said: `Open the door.' Again I prayed that it would be someone from the Ansar. I opened the door and again it was 'Ali. I said: `The Prophet is busy.' Then I returned to stand in my place. Yet again there was a knock at the door, and the Prophet said: `Anas, go and open the door, and bring him in. You are not the first person to love your own people; that are not one of the Ansar.' I went and brought 'Ali in, and he ate the chicken dish with the Prophet." 8

8 al-Mustadrak `ala as-Sahihayn, vo1.3, p.131. This story is related in various ways in more than eighty narrations in authoritative Sunni texts.

https://www.al-islam.org/polarization-around-character-ali-ibn-abi-talib-ayatullah-murtadha-mutahhari/love-ali-quran-and

عن الإمام علي زين العابدين (عليه السلام) أبالقتل تهددني يا ابن زياد أما علمت أن القتل لنا عادة وكرامتنا من الله الشهادة

From Imam Zayd al-'Abideen [a]: Do you threaten me with death (murder) O Ibn Ziyad? Do you not know that murder for us is habitual and martyrdom is our honour from Allah.

Bihar v45 p118

Edited by Ali_Hussain

Imam Reza (A.S.) said:
O' Son of Shabib! Should you weep for Husain (A.S.) in the measure that tears roll down your cheeks, Allah would forgive all the sins committed by you, whether they be the great sins or the small sins and whether they be meagre or immense.

Amaali al-Saduq, pg.:112.

Remember Imam Hussain [as] when you drink water

Imām Ja'far ibn Muhammad al-Sādiq [as] said:

“O Dawood! May Allāh’s curse be upon the murderers of Imām Husayn (a.s.). There is no servant (of Allāh) who drinks water and remembers Husayn and curses his enemies, except that Allāh writes one lac (100,000) virtues in his record, and forgives one lac sins of his, and elevates his position one lac times. It is as if he has freed one lac slaves, and on the day of Qiyamah he shall arise satiated.”

[Reference: Nafasul Mahmum, Section 2,  Hadith 19]

Chapter 68 – Goodly relationship with the relatives

باب صلة الرحم

‘Abu Dharr (radiyallahu anhu) said: ‘I heard the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) say: ‘On the two edges of the Bridge on the Day of Judgement would be the kinship and the entrustment. So when the one who maintains relationships and who fulfils the entrustments passes by, would pass through[the bridge] into paradise, and when the one who betrays the entrustments, and cuts the ties [with ones family/kin] passes by, his deeds would not benefit him along with [if he also possesses] these two [negative traits], and the bridge would throw him into the Fire’

محمد بن يحيى ، عن أحمد بن محمد بن عيسى ، عن محمد بن إسماعيل بن بزيع ، عن حنان بن سدير ، عن أبيه ، عن أبي جعفر عليه‌السلام قال قال أبو ذر رضي‌الله‌عنه سمعت رسول الله صلى‌الله‌عليه‌وآله يقول حافتا الصراط ـ يوم القيامة الرحم والأمانة فإذا مر الوصول للرحم المؤدي للأمانة نفذ إلى الجنة وإذا مر الخائن للأمانة القطوع للرحم لم ينفعه معهما عمل وتكفأ به الصراط في النار.

[Kitab Al Kafi - Volume 2 ] [Grading: Hasan-Muwathaq- Mirat Al Uqul]

Chapter 65  Hastening the doing of the good

تعجيل فعل الخير

The Messenger of Allah s.a.w said: ‘ Truly Allah(azwj) loves that good deed which is done immediately.

علي بن إبراهيم ، عن أبيه ، عن ابن أبي عمير ، عن ابن أذينة ، عن زرارة ، عن أبي جعفر عليه‌السلام قال قال رسول الله صلى‌الله‌عليه‌وآله إن الله يحب من الخير ما يعجل.

[Kitab Al Kafi - Volume 2 ] [Grading: Hasan like-Saheeh- Mirat Al Uqul]

Chapter 82  Causing gladness to enter upon the Momineen

The Messenge of Allah s.a.w said: ‘The one who pleases a believer[Momin]  has pleased me, and the one who pleases me has pleased Allah (azwj)

عدة من أصحابنا ، عن سهل بن زياد ومحمد بن يحيى ، عن أحمد بن محمد بن عيسى جميعا ، عن الحسن بن محبوب ، عن أبي حمزة الثمالي قال سمعت أبا جعفر عليه‌السلام يقول قال رسول الله صلى‌الله‌عليه‌وآله من سر مؤمنا فقد سرني ومن سرني فقد سر الله

[Kitab Al Kafi - Volume 2 ] [Grading Saheeh. Mirat Al Uqul]

The Messenger of Allah s.a.w has said: The likeness of the believers is like sprouting plants that are swirled back and forth by the winds. The believers are also turned and bent by pain and illness. The likeness of a hypocrite is that of an iron that is not affected by anything, until death comes and shatters him with a (fatal) shattering"

علي بن إبراهيم ، عن أبيه ، عن ابن أبي عمير ، عن حسين بن عثمان ، عن عبد الله بن مسكان ، عن أبي بصير ، عن أبي عبد الله عليه‌السلام قال قال رسول الله صلى‌الله‌عليه‌وآله مثل المؤمن كمثل خامة الزرع تكفئها الرياح كذا وكذا وكذلك المؤمن تكفئه

الأوجاع والأمراض ومثل المنافق كمثل الإرزبة المستقيمة التي لا يصيبها شيء حتى يأتيه الموت فيقصفه قصفا.

[Kitab Al Kafi - Volume 2 ] [Grading hasan-like-saheeh. Mirat Al Uqul]

blowing-tree.jpg

Edited by uponthesunnah