Rate this topic

Chapter 113 – Belittling the sins

(استصغار الذنب)

‘Abu Abdullah a.s said: The Messenger of Allah s.a.w stopped ,on a journey in a barren land , for rest, so he said to his companions: ‘Bring me some firewood’. So they replied, ‘O Messenger of Allah! We are in a barren land, there is no firewood in it’. So he (s.a.w) said: 'Let every person bring in whatever he is able to’. So they collected firewood and placed one piece over the other before him.  The Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) then said: ‘This is how the sins tend to accumulate’.

Then he (s.a.w) said: ‘You must never commit al-muhaqqarat of sins-  and for every thing there is a seeker. Indeed! And if you were to seek it, He (azwj)would [36:12] Write down what they have sent before and its effects, and We have Numbered everything in a Manifest Imam’[Leader or Book].

أبو علي الأشعري ، عن محمد بن عبد الجبار ، عن ابن فضال والحجال جميعا ، عن ثعلبة ، عن زياد قال قال أبو عبد الله عليه‌السلام إن رسول الله صلى‌الله‌عليه‌وآله نزل بأرض قرعاء فقال لأصحابه ائتوا بحطب فقالوا يا رسول الله نحن بأرض قرعاء ما بها من حطب قال فليأت كل إنسان بما قدر عليه فجاءوا به حتى رموا بين يديه بعضه على بعض فقال رسول الله صلى‌الله‌عليه‌وآله هكذا تجتمع الذنوب ثم قال إياكم والمحقرات من الذنوب فإن لكل شيء طالبا ألا وإن طالبها يكتب « ما قَدَّمُوا وَآثارَهُمْ وَكُلَّ شَيْءٍ أَحْصَيْناهُ فِي إِمامٍ مُبِينٍ ».

[Kitab Al Kafi - Volume 2 ] [Grading   Majhool  Mirat Al Uqul]

What is al-muhaqqarat?

Abu Abdillah a.s has said: " Guard against al-muhaqqarat(sins), they will not be forgiven. I then asked the Imam: "What is al-muhaqqarat?" The Imam said: "A man commits a sin and says "I will have a Tuba (a tree in paradise) if i did not have any other sins"

علي بن إبراهيم ، عن أبيه ومحمد بن إسماعيل ، عن الفضل بن شاذان جميعا ، عن ابن أبي عمير ، عن إبراهيم بن عبد الحميد ، عن أبي أسامة زيد الشحام قال قال أبو عبد الله عليه‌السلام اتقوا المحقرات من الذنوب فإنها لا تغفر قلت وما المحقرات قال الرجل يذنب الذنب فيقول طوبى لي لو لم يكن لي غير ذلك

[Kitab Al Kafi - Volume 2 ] [Grading   Hasan-like-saheeh Muwathaq  Mirat Al Uqul]

Chapter 111 – The Sins

باب الذنوب

The Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) has said: "Accursed! Accursed is the one who worships the Dinar and the Dirham! Accursed! Accursed is the one completely blind (from the Truth)! Accursed! Accursed is the one who has carnal relations with an animal" 

علي بن محمد ، عن صالح بن أبي حماد ، عن محمد بن إبراهيم النوفلي ، عن الحسين بن مختار ، عن رجل ، عن أبي عبد الله عليه‌السلام قال قال رسول الله صلى‌الله‌عليه‌وآله ملعون

ملعون من عبد الدينار والدرهم ملعون ملعون من كمه أعمى ملعون ملعون من نكح بهيمة.

[Kitab Al Kafi - Volume 2 ] [Grading Dhai'f ala mash hoor. Mirat Al Uqul]

money_laundering.jpg

Chapter 56  The silence and preservation of the tongue

الصمت وحفظ اللسان

"The Messenger of Allãh (s.a.w) said to a man who came to visit him: 'Shall I not direct you to something by which Allãh will make you enter Paradise?'

He said: 'Yes indeed, O Messenger of Allãh!'

He [s.a.w] said: 'Grant what Allãh has granted you.'

He said: 'What, if I am in need of that than to whom I have to grant?'

He [s.a.w] said: 'Then help the oppressed one.'

He said: 'Then what (should I do) if I am unable (weak) to offer help?'

[Muhammed s.a.w replied]  Then do something for a foolish person – i.e., guide him (to right path).'

He said: 'What, if I am more foolish than the one whom I want to guide?'

[Muhammed s.a.w replied] :Then (in that case) hold your tongue except for good works. Does this not please you to have one of these attributes in you which will lead you to Paradise?'

عنه ، عن الهيثم بن أبي مسروق ، عن هشام بن سالم ، عن أبي عبد الله عليه‌السلام قال قال رسول الله صلى‌الله‌عليه‌وآله لرجل أتاه ألا أدلك على أمر يدخلك الله به الجنة قال بلى يا رسول الله قال أنل مما أنالك الله قال فإن كنت أحوج ممن

أنيله قال فانصر المظلوم قال وإن كنت أضعف ممن أنصره قال فاصنع للأخرق يعني أشر عليه قال : فإن كنت أخرق ممن أصنع له قال فأصمت لسانك إلا من خير أما يسرك أن تكون فيك خصلة من هذه الخصال تجرك إلى الجنة؟.

[Kitab Al Kafi - Volume 2 ] [Grading: Hasan - Mirat Al Uqul]

Chapter 122 Anger

The Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) has said: ‘Allah, the Most Majestic, the Most Holy, said to Musa (a.s), “O son of ‘Imran, do not envy people for what I have given them of My favours, do not focus your eyes on it (what I have given to people), and do not allow your soul to follow it; an envious person is angry with My bounties, and blocks My distribution (favours) among My servants. Whoever is as such, I am not for him, and he is not from Me.’

يونس ، عن داود الرقي ، عن أبي عبد الله عليه‌السلام قال قال رسول الله صلى‌الله‌عليه‌وآله قال الله عز وجل لموسى بن عمران عليه‌السلام يا ابن عمران لا تحسدن الناس على ما آتيتهم من فضلي ولا تمدن عينيك إلى ذلك ولا تتبعه نفسك فإن الحاسد ساخط لنعمي صاد لقسمي الذي قسمت بين عبادي ومن يك كذلك فلست منه وليس مني.

[Kitab Al Kafi - Volume 2 ] [Grading: مختلف فيه صحيح Mirat Al Uqul]

The Messenger of Allah s.a.w has said to  A'isha: ‘O A'isha! Had foul language had an image , it would be an evil image’.

علي بن إبراهيم ، عن أبيه ، عن ابن أبي عمير ، عن ابن أذينة ، عن زرارة ، عن أبي جعفر عليه‌السلام قال قال رسول الله صلى‌الله‌عليه‌وآله لعائشة يا عائشة إن الفحش لو كان ممثلا لكان مثال سوء.

[Kitab Al Kafi - Volume 2 ] [Grading: Hasan-like-Saheeh Mirat Al Uqul]

According to an authentic tradition by our brothers in the ahlus-sunnah: ""I told the Prophet (ﷺ) about a man, so he said: 'I do not like to talk about a man, even if I were to get this or that (for doing so)." She said: "I said: 'O Messenger of Allah! Safiyyah is a woman who is ..." and she used her hand as if to indicate that she is short - "So he said: 'You have said a statement which, if it were mixed in with the water of the sea, it would pollute it."

http://sunnah.com/urn/678080

Chapter 142 – Failing to make Maintain good relations with relatives

(قطيعة الرحم)

The Messenger of Allah s.a.w has said in a Hadeeth: ‘Indeed in hatred there is shaving. I do not mean thereby shaving/tearing of the hair, but shaving[destruction] of the Religion’.

علي بن إبراهيم ، عن أبيه ، عن ابن أبي عمير ، عن عمر بن أذينة ، عن مسمع بن عبد الملك ، عن أبي عبد الله عليه‌السلام قال قال رسول الله صلى‌الله‌عليه‌وآله في حديث ألا إن في التباغض الحالقة لا أعني حالقة الشعر ولكن حالقة الدين.

[Kitab Al Kafi - Volume 2 ] [Grading: Hasan-like-Saheeh. Mirat Al Uqul]

The Messenger of Allah s.a.w has said : ‘Do not cut off [fail to maintain good relations] with your relatives and even if they cut you off [fail to main good relations with you]’

علي بن إبراهيم ، عن أبيه ، عن النوفلي ، عن السكوني ، عن أبي عبد الله عليه‌السلام قال قال رسول الله صلى‌الله‌عليه‌وآله لا تقطع رحمك وإن قطعتك.

[Kitab Al Kafi - Volume 2 ] [Grading: Dhai'f ala mashhoo Mirat Al Uqul]

On 1/23/2015 at 1:08 PM, uponthesunnah said:

Imam Ali a.s  , Advise to Imam Hassan a.s (reportedly)

. Do not seek help or protection from anybody but Allah. Reserve your prayers, your requests, your solicitations, your supplications, and your entreaties to Him and Him alone because to grant, to give, to confer and to bestow, as well as to withhold, to deprive, to refuse, and to debar, lies only in His Power. Ask as much of His Blessings and seek as much of His Guidance as you can.

Letter 31 Nahjul Balagah

http://www.nahjulbalagha.org/Nahjul-Balagha-Letters/nahjul-balagha-letter-31.html

Then what about saying YA ALI MADAD is that wrong ?

Chapter 151 –  Revilement

باب السباب

The Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) has said : ‘Reviling a believer is a immorality[mischief] and killing him is disbelief, and consuming his flesh (backbiting) is disobedience, and the sanctity of his wealth is like the sanctity of his blood’. 

٢ ـ عدة من أصحابنا ، عن أحمد بن محمد بن عيسى ، عن الحسين بن سعيد ، عن فضالة بن أيوب ، عن عبد الله بن بكير ، عن أبي بصير ، عن أبي جعفر عليه‌السلام قال : قال رسول الله صلى‌الله‌عليه‌وآله سباب المؤمن فسوق وقتاله كفر

وأكل لحمه معصية وحرمة ماله كحرمة دمه.

[Kitab Al Kafi - Volume 2 ] [Grading:  Muwathaq-like-Saheeh  Mirat Al Uqul]

Abu Jafar [Imam Baqir a.s]: ‘A man from the clan of Tamim came over to the Prophet (s.a.w) , and he said, ‘Advise me’. So, among what he [the Prophet s.a.w] advised him with was  ‘Do not revile people for it would earn their animosity against you’

عنه ، عن الحسن بن محبوب ، عن هشام بن سالم ، عن أبي بصير ، عن أبي جعفر عليه‌السلام قال إن رجلا من بني تميم أتى النبي صلى‌الله‌عليه‌وآله فقال أوصني فكان فيما أوصاه أن قال لا تسبوا الناس فتكتسبوا العداوة بينهم.

[Kitab Al Kafi - Volume 2 ] [Grading: Saheeh  Mirat Al Uqul]

Few Actions in Sunnah Better Than Many Actions in Bid'ah:http://www.revivingalislam.com/2011/10/few-actions-in-sunnah-better-than-many.html

A lot of people have told me, “If you weaken all the practices we do, then we will be left with very little actions to do”. Here is a aī (Authentic) hadīth from the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)telling us that a few deeds done following the Sunnah is better than many deeds done in Bid`ah(innovation).

وَ هُوَ يَقُولُ قَلِيلٌ فِي سُنَّةٍ خَيْرٌ مِنْ كَثِيرٍ فِي بِدْعَةٍ
And he (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said: “Few (actions) in sunnah is better than many (actions) in bid`ah
Source:
1. Al-Tūsī, Tahdhīb al-Aḥkām, 10 vols., (Tehran: Dār al-Kutub al-Islāmiyyah, 4th Edition, 1407 AH), vol. 3, pg. 70, hadeeth # 29
Grading:
1. Al-Majlisī said this hadeeth is SaHeeH (Authentic)
à Milādh al-Akhyār (Qum: Maktabah Ayatollah al-Mar`ashī al-Najafī, 1406 AH), vol. 5, pg. 28

The following narration is graded Muwathaq in mirat al uqul, and is contained in Kitab Al Kafi, Volume 8

H 15011  Humeyd Bin Ziyad, from Al-Hassan Bin Muhammad Al-Kindy, from Ahmad Bin Al- Hassan Al-Maysami, from Aban Bin Usman, from Muhammad Bin Al-Mufazzal who said:

‘I heard Abu Abdullah a.s saying: ‘Fatima a.s went to a pillar in the Masjid, and she was addressing the Holy Prophet. Events have occurred after you, and differences. Had you witnessed them, they would not have increased so much. We have missed you like the missing of the earth of its downpour of rain. And your people are in disturbance, so witness them and do not be absent’.

الحديث الرابع والستون والخمسمائة : موثق.

[Muwathaq]

fatima_al_zahra.jpg

أحمد بن إدريس، عن محمد بن عبد الجبار، عن صفوان بن يحيى قال: قلت لابي الحسن عليه السلام، أخبرني عن الارادة من الله ومن الخلق؟ قال: فقال: الارادة من الخلق الضمير وما يبدو لهم بعد ذلك من الفعل وأما من الله تعالى فإرادته إحداثه لا غير ذلك لانه لا يروي ولا يهم ولا يتفكر، وهذه الصفات منفية عنه وهي صفات الخلق، فإرادة الله، الفعل، لا غير ذلك يقول له: كن فيكون بلا لفظ ولا نطق بلسان ولا همة ولا تفكر ولا كيف لذلك، كما أنه لا كيف له.

Ahmad b. Idris from Muhammad b. `Abd al-Jabbar from Safwan b. Yahya.

He said: I said to Abu’l Hasan عليه السلام: Inform me of the will of Allah and the will of His creatures. He said: So he said: The will of the creatures is from the mind and what goes into it, after which comes the action. As for Allah تعالى, His will is His instigation and nothing other than that, because He does not reflect, or deliberate, or contemplate – He is free from these qualities, as they are the qualities of the creatures. So the will of Allah is His actions and nothing other than that. He says to it “Be!” and it is, without uttering or speaking with a tongue, or any inclination or contemplation. [His will] has no conditions, just as He has no conditions for Him. (al-Kafi, Volume 1, hadith 296)

(sahih) (صحيح)

Imam's(as) different from the rest of the creations

وبهذا الاسناد، عن أحمد بن محمد الأقرع قال: حدثني (أبو حمزة نصير الخادم) قال: سمعت أبا محمد عليه السلام غير مرة يكلم غلمانه بلغاتهم، وفيهم ترك وروم وصقالبة، فتعجبت من ذلك وقلت

هذا ولد بالمدينة، ولم يظهر لأحد حتى مضى أبو الحسن عليه السلام ولا رآه أحد، فكيف هذا؟! أحدث نفسي بذلك، فأقبل علي فقال: " إن الله جل ذكره أبان حجته من سائر خلقه، وأعطاه معرفة كل شئ، فهو يعرف اللغات والأسباب والحوادث، ولولا ذلك لم يكن بين الحجة والمحجوج

Narrated Abu Hamza Nasir al-Khadim: 

I (Abu Hamza) heard Imam Hasan al-Askari (as) speaking on more than one occasion to his servants in their own languages. Among them were Turks, men from Byzantium and from Saqaliba. I was amazed at that and I said, "This man was born in Medina. He did not show himself to anyone until Abu al-Hasan Imam Naqi (as) died, and no one saw him. How is this?"

I was saying this to myself. He came to me and said, "Allah has separated His proof (Hujjah) from the rest of His creatures and has given Him knowledge of everything. He knows languages, genealogies and events. If it wasn’t for that, there would be no difference between the proof (Hujjah) and those upon whom He is a proof (Hujjah)". 

[Source: al-Irshaad, Shaikh Mufeed, Vol. 2, Pg. 330/331, al-Kafi, Vol.1, Pg. 509]

http://www.marefateahlebait.com/know-the-ahlul-bait/ahlebait-as-different-from-the-entire-nation

Edited by muhibb-ali

Pray like Imam Al-Sadiq (AS)

Hammaad bin Eassa said: Abu `Abdillah (as) said to me one day: Do you know how to pray, O Hammad?

He said: I said: O my master! I comply with the Book of Hariz about prayerHe said:

So he (as) said: Worry not! Stand and pray. He said: So I stood in front of him, facing the Qiblah. Then I commenced the prayer and I bowed and I prostrated.

So he (as) said: O Hammad! You do not know how to pray. How repulsive is it for a man to have had sixty years or seventy years pass him by, and he has not established a single prayer with all its limits?!

Hammad said: So embarrassment befell me and I said: May I be sacrificed for you! Please teach me the prayer.

So Abu `Abdillah (as) stood facing the Qiblah, erect. Then he placed both his hands together on his thighs, his fingers joined together and he drew his feet near until they were three cubits apart. And he turned, with all the toes of his feet together, neither of his feet turned away from the Qiblah, with submissiveness and complete tranquility, and said: Allah is Greater (Allahu Akbar)! Then he recited Surat al Hamd and Qul Huwa Allahu Ahad (Surat al Ikhlas) with the intonation (tarteel). Then he paused a little for a measure of one breath while he was standing. Then he said: Allah is Greater (Allahu Akbar), while he was standing. Then he bowed and spread his palms over the knees and pushed his knees backwards until his back was straight; were a drop of water or fat to be poured on him, it would not slide down due to the straightening of his back and the pushing back of his knees, and he stretched his neck and looked down. Then he glorified thrice (SubhaanAllah) with tarteel and said: Allah listens to the one who praises Him (Sami`allaahu liman Hamidah). Then he recited the takbeer while he was standing and raised his hands opposite his face. And he prostrated and placed his hands on the ground prior to his knees and said: Purified (glorified) is my Lord, the Most High, and I praise Him (Subhaana rabbiya ‘l-a`laa wa bihamdih), thrice, and he did not place (i.e. rest) anything (any part) of his body against anything from it. And he prostrated upon eight major (parts): the forehead and the palms and the kneecaps and the tips of the big toes of the feet and the nose; then these are seven, plenty (viz. seven are required). And the positioning of the nose over the earth is recommended. And it is (out of) compulsion (i.e., the nose is forced to rub the ground when the forehead is on the ground). Then he raised his head from prostration and when he was seated, he said: Allahu Akbar! Then he sat on his left side and he placed the outside of his right foot over the inside of his left foot, and said: I seek forgiveness of Allah, my Lord and I turn towards (repent unto) Him (Astaghfirullaaha Rabbee wa atoobu ilayh). Then he recited the takbeer while he was seated and he prostrated a second time and said what he had said in the first and he did not resort to anything from his body against another from it either in the ruku` or the sujud, and he was winged (i.e., the placement of his hands appeared as if there were wings on either side, i.e. spread out away from his body) and he did not place his arms on the ground. Then he prayed the second rak`ah similarly, then said: O Hammad! Pray this way. And do not turn, nor play with your hands or your fingers and do not spit from your right nor your left nor in front of you.

http://purifiedhousehold.com/do-you-pray-like-imam-al-sadiq/

The Prophet (S) said: There will come a time upon my Ummah, nothing will remain of the Holy Qur'an except its writing, and nothing from Islam except its name, they (people) are named by it (Islam) but they are the furthest people from it, their Mosques are huge and[but?] it is destroyed from guidance, the Jurists of that time are the most evil Jurists under the shadow of the sky, from them fitna comes, and to them it returns.

(Thawab Al-A'mal by Al-Saduq)

9 hours ago, E.L King said:

The Prophet (S) said: There will come a time upon my Ummah, nothing will remain of the Holy Qur'an except its writing, and nothing from Islam except its name, they (people) are named by it (Islam) but they are the furthest people from it, their Mosques are huge and[but?] it is destroyed from guidance, the Jurists of that time are the most evil Jurists under the shadow of the sky, from them fitna comes, and to them it returns.

(Thawab Al-A'mal by Al-Saduq)

Hadith is Muwathaq btw

"...Perform (good) acts while you are still in the vastness of life, the books are open (for recording of actions), repentance is allowed, the runner away (from Allah) is being called and the sinner is being given hope (of forgiveness) before the (light of) action is put off, time expires, life ends, the door for repentance is closed and angels ascend to the sky..." Imam Ali AS [Nahjul Balagha, Sermon 236]

https://www.al-islam.org/nahjul-balagha-part-1-sermons/sermon-236-perform-good-acts-while-you-are-still-vastness-life

Rozatal kafi:

H 14738 – And by this chain, from Muhammad Bin Suleyman, from Ibrahim Bin Abdullah Al-Sufy from Musa Bin Bakr Al-Wasity who said: Abu Al-Hassan said to me: ‘If I were to distinguish my Shias, I would not find them except for the description (talk). And if Iasws were to test them, I would not find them except as apostates. And if I were to scrutinise them not even one out of a thousand would escape. And if I were to screen them with a screening, there would not remain from them except the one who was for me. They have been saying for a long time, leaning upon their couches, ‘We are the Shias of Ali’. But rather, the Shia of Ali is the one who truthful in both his actions as well as his words’.

Rozatal kafi:

H 14738 – And by this chain, from Muhammad Bin Suleyman, from Ibrahim Bin Abdullah Al-Sufy from Musa Bin Bakr Al-Wasity who said: Abu Al-Hassan said to me: ‘If I were to distinguish my Shias, I would not find them except for the description (talk). And if I were to test them, I would not find them except as apostates. And if I were to scrutinise them not even one out of a thousand would escape. And if I were to screen them with a screening, there would not remain from them except the one who was for me. They have been saying for a long time, leaning upon their couches, ‘We are the Shias of Ali’. But rather, the Shia of Ali is the one who truthful in both his actions as well as his words’.

A man came to Imam 'Ali b. Musa al-Redha ع and asked him, "Is your God able to fit the heavens and the earth and everything within them inside an egg?" Imam al-Redha answered him: Yes, and smaller than an egg, he fitted them inside your pupil. Because when you open your eyes, they are encompassing the heavens, the earth and everything in them, and if he wished he would have blinded you from seeing them as well. [at-Tawheed]

جاء رجل إلى الرضا عليه السلام فقال: هل يقدر ربك أن يجعل السماوات والأرض وما بينهما في بيضة؟ قال:
نعم، وفي أصغر من البيضة، قد جعلها في عينك وهي أقل من البيضة، لأنك إذ افتحتها عاينت السماء والأرض وما بينهما، ولو شاء لأعماك عنها 

It was narrated to us by al-Hussain bin Ahmed bin Idris, who said - it was narrated to us by my father, who said - it was narrated to us by Ibrahim bin Hashim, from Mohammed bin Sinan, who said - it was narrated to us by Abu Jarud Ziyad bin al-Mundhir, from Sa'id bin Jubayr, from ibn Abbas, who said:

"The Messenger of Allah said: the Wilayah of Ali bin Abi Talib is the Wilayah of Allah, and love for him is worship of Allah, and following him is prescribed by Allah, and his friends are the friends of Allah, and his enemies are the enemies of Allah, and war with him is war with Allah, and peace with him is peace with Allah, Mighty and Majestic."

-Al-Amali, Al-Shaykh al-Saduq