Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Women And Equality In Islam

Rate this topic

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

'Sexist' laws favouring women   1.  Men are obliged to work hard and earn a living to feed and clothe their families; women can relax at home 2.  The money men own isn't theirs - its for the whole fam

You are wrong, sister   Islam does not required wives to clean or cook.   You are completely wrong.   That is just culture.   You better tell your husband to go to Mac Donalds or KFC. 

(bismillah)   (salam) everyone,   But you see, my brother who loves Abbas a.s, what these nice women-respecting brothers regularly omit to add to those traditions and ayaat that they so passionately

Posted Images

• Advanced Member
On 23/01/2015 at 5:29 AM, dragonxx said:

Emotional in the sense of taking more drastic action, I would agree.

That would apply if the man were to make the decision to leave the woman. Normally the man uses his reason more effectively during a state of emotion and therefore would decide against taking such an action as separating from his wife. Thus it doesn't matter how drastic the action he would've taken, because the decision to take that type of action wasn't made in the first place.

As far as expressing emotion and acting upon it, this is what I mean by emotional... women are more likely to act upon their emotions than men. I believe a quick google search can allow anyone to verify this or disprove this in terms of studies. Women are more likely to act upon feelings than men, as women experience a greater intensity of emotion (if I remember correctly, this is an Islamic view also, I could be wrong).

In terms of everyday experience, I've yet to come across a community where the men cry more often than the women for example.

Another example for the people who went to school in the West. How long (usually) does it take for the boys to speak to each other after fighting? Minutes to 1-2 days from my experience. And the girls? Days to months. This is because males don't normally say things like "I'm never speaking to you again" or "I hate you" whereas females generally do, and it's obvious what this leads to.

So I would definitely stick to my guns and say that the vast majority of women are more "emotional".

I like your guns lol :P