Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
addi110

Convenience Vs Children's Health

Rate this topic

Salam alaikum,

Trying to bring my community members' attention towards this important issue:

Is convenience more important than our children’s health?

Today, I am kind of furious and sad. Sad to see how our laziness can, and is affecting our children’s health. I have a sincere question to all of you. Do you think, a working mother or as busy parents we have the right to feed our children, our future generation, anything we like? I really want to use my emotions today, and probably transfer a bit of that energy to my readers. The time is gone when we were in the dark and didn’t know what we were eating. We were being fooled by the food industry eating chemical laden ‘so called’ food. Tell me a house that doesn’t have bread, mayonnaise, ketchup, pancake/waffle/cake/cookie mixes, noodles, crackers, pasta, biscuits, sauces, processed cheese, sausages, burgers, nuggets, boxed juice/milk and whole lot more. They all have chemical preservatives and additives to prolong their shelf life and lots of sugar to enhance their taste.

I get sad when I hear mothers and caretakers saying: ‘Just give them a peanut butter jelly sandwich.’ or cheerios or other [Edited Out]py cereals. That too for breakfast which is technically the most important meal of the day. Why? Is our leisure more important than our children? It’s time we understood there is no such thing as kid’s food or kid’s snack. They eat what we eat and we all should be eating plain simple food. Not to forget: Please check the ingredients on your peanut butter (and jelly too!). Why? Because peanut butter should contain ............

Read the complete article here:

https://medium.com/@adeelajaffery/is-convenience-more-important-than-our-childrens-health-17de23d2e956

Our parents fed us what they could afford, to keep us alive, but it was not the best in nutrition. Learning what foods to limit and what foods to avoid is our duty. It starts from us. 

Nice article in the link above. Here is one quote from the article:

The point is to understand what real food is and start making the change yourself. In short, if it’s coming out of a factory, make sure to read the label and make a conscious decision. Just one mom at a time and inshallah (if God wills) together we can save our children.

Edited by hameedeh

Thank you sister Hameedeh for the positive feedback. Please share with your family and friends and spread the awareness. Indeed, our parents did the best they could and what ever was in their knowledge. They didn't feed us wrong stuff on purpose but still many mothers quickly fell for the convenience trap and bought a whole lot pre made packaged food from the store. And that trend has increased by many folds among the current generation. The responsibility lies on our shoulders esp as the followers of Imam Hussain (A) to help correct this. I just think of it this way, if Imam Hussain (A) would be here, what would he do? And the same for Imam Mahdi (A), because when he comes he is going to fill the whole world with justice hence this is also another area which will need to be worked upon. Let's help him by joining hands for all good causes. Let's build this legacy of a new, better and healthier food system for ourselves and our children so we can better serve our Imam.