Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Whats The Definition Of "looking With Lust"

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

One can't really know if he is looking with lust or not. He either looks or doesn't look at all. Otherwise it would be "i look until lust arrives, then i don't look anymore". 
Maybe looking with lust is that it causes some kind of pleasure in the mind, which is not allowed. Like, deriving pleasure from the beauty of a non mahram. Don't want to go into the details of lust.

• Veteran Member

That's something you should know instinctively. You are the one supposed to discern between a lustful look and a normal one. Lust is part of our animal nature and it's rather a feeling than an idea. Reason is not supposed to be the one noticing a lustful glance, but your instinct or animal side (your body feelings).

In any case, looking with lust is a way of 'entertaining' our vision with sexual-related stuff. Depending on the case it may be halal or haram.

• Advanced Member

Salam

Cola anyone give me the definition of "looking with lust".

When does a person know that he is looking with lust?

Excellent question brother,

Double looking or looking twice...... Why did u look the 2nd time? That's lust...!!!!!

DONT LOOK TWICE... Imam Ali (as) said the second look is haram... Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

Kind regards

Anisa

Excellent question brother,

Double looking or looking twice...... Why did u look the 2nd time? That's lust...!!!!!

DONT LOOK TWICE... Imam Ali (as) said the second look is haram... Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

Kind regards

Anisa

those days women didn't walk around naked, smiling and winking at men.

So for those young "brown" brothers , best to not look at all, unless she's driving a truck and heading towards you.

I heard that you can look if it's based on the purpose of marrying (mut3a, for example). But looking for no reason but entertaining yourself is haraam.

Maybe you can have on your T-shirt as a precautionary measure ;

"Zawajtuka nafsi fil muddatil ma'loomati 'alal mahril ma'loom. "

or 

anyone for  "ZNFM-MAMM"?

Edited by :Sami II

as men we have direct orders from :Allah swt not to look at all , we must cast our gaze down, not look at once only or look without any lust.

It's like saying I'm just going to put this samosa in my mouth but I'm not going to taste it.

Or I'm just going to place my hand in the fire but it will not burn.

It just doesn't work like that with us bro.

To answer your question, the door to "looking with lust " opens when you look, and you will know when you are "looking with lust" is when you are looking.

Therefore the definition of "looking with lust" is to look in the first place.

Edited by :Sami II
  • Advanced Member

The question isn't being answered here. All that is being said is, it shouldn't be done etc. OP knows this and just wants a definition?

Ali-f I have had the same question too. I have a feeling that looking with lust, is to maybe have an incorrect image in the mind of that person and then having sexual feelings. A normal look is clearly different as when there is lust, it is a certain type of look which is disgusting and perverted. Also, it may mean that the whole body is looked at etc.  Women notice this alot as alhumdulillah they have the ability to notice that and then keep away. 

This is just my guess as I myself wonder. 

• Advanced Member

Look:

A person looks at so and so.

Well, he straight look down (when he see the girl).. The he looks upon a board, but some of the girls shirts can still be seen through his eye, and then he get a "strange feeling". 

?

That isn't looking with lust. The person is trying to avoid and strange feeling is human of course but musn't be acted upon. Lust is a person looking intentionally...

Lol what if the person is already married or an atheist?

on the other side of the T-shirt will say the :Shahada.

and women today have many husbands, whilst the men only one wife.

Look:

A person looks at so and so.

Well, he straight look down (when he see the girl).. The he looks upon a board, but some of the girls shirts can still be seen through his eye, and then he get a "strange feeling". 

?

yep , like something warm inside going through his tummy, like he just saw the best shawarma,

and the shawaram is saying; 

"go on take a bite , it's ok , it won't hurt, you would feel good "

they he says; 

"maybe this shawarma is not halal, or maybe is has chilli sauce and I prefer garlic sauce"

but the shawarma says ;

"how do you know you don't like chilli sauce if you never tried it '

Bang , you're gone , one bite of the chilli sauce and you're hooked, then chilli sauce is not enough anymore , it's BBQ sauce after that , then tomato sauce.

Then you need some fries on the side, and some cola.

Then you find yourself staring at the burgers, and the samosas, it's never ending and never satisfying enough now.

• Advanced Member

Well lust is defined as "a feeling of sexual desire". Therefore if you look at someone with a feeling sexual desire (no matter how faint the feeling) then that would equate to "looking with lust". It's a subjective feeling, therefore nobody can tell you how you would know that you are experiencing the feeling of lust.

Worth noting though that the Prophet (pbuh) said "Lower your eyes and you will see wonders."

• Advanced Member

Bismillah.

Salaam.

There are two sorts of Harām look for men:

1. To look at the whole body of women while enjoying (lust); there is no difference between face, hands and other parts of body.

2. To look at her face and hands only with lust; so looking at her face and hands without enjoyment is Halāl.

With Duas.

Narsis.