Sign in to follow this  
Muslimah525

Confused On Shi'a Views?

Rate this topic

(salam)

Hope you are all in the best of health  ^_^

I just have some questions regarding the Shi'a aspect of Islam, purely to help me understand the beliefs and reasons for certain actions. They are not intended to offend anyone, I am just a Sunni looking for some answers and hopefully you can help me learn more about Shi'as. 

1. ​I understand that Shi'as believe that there is proof of the 12 imams after the Prophet Muhammad  (pbuh), and I respect this idea, however what I do not understand is how they can be infallible? Surely every human commits sins, we are all accountable for them on the Day of Judgement, so how come they are void of all sins? no expert tell me if I'm wrong
  2. Following the teachings of the Qur'an and Sunnah, it is forbidden in Islam to harm oneself, as is suicide etc. for our bodies belong only to Allah, so how come Shi'as 'beat themselves'? This may sound harsh, but I don't know how else to describe it. and correct me if I'm wrong but this beating is done to mourn the death of one of the Prophet Muhammad's  (pbuh) family members? 
  3. I have seen my very close friend's father (who is a Shi'a) praying, and during Sujood he prostrates his forehead onto a stone. I understand that there is a difference of opinion on whether it is okay to prostrate onto a rug (prayer mat) since it is man-made and therefore not clean, and I agree that prostrating onto the earth is probably better, however I dp not understand why this stone has to be from Karbala? Is there some religious significance?
  4. Could someone please explain to me the dislike for one of the Prophet Muhammad's  (pbuh)  wives I think it is? And the Sahaba? I have only seen a few comments here and there, and haven't really grasped the concept  :wacko:
  5. Prayer times- I have heard, through my friend, that Shi'as only pray 3 times a day, combining Namaaz, but do you ever pray all 5 separately? Did the Prophet Muhammad  (pbuh) do this or is it mentioned in the Qur'an? Just curious, this seems a lot easier  :D
  6. I have heard some Shi'as say that  Hazrat Hussein is a prophet? Surely Muhammad  (pbuh) is the last prophet? 
  7. Is the Shahadah different? And if so, who 'changed' it?

Again, I am no expert, and my questions are not intended to do harm, merely to educate myself and others so that misunderstandings do not become out of hand, and we can grow to accept each other, since this a big problem that is prevalent in our society today. Thank you  :)

Walekum Assalam Warahmatullah

Your all answer are given atleast 100 times for every single doubt from last 13 years of Shia chat.

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/forum/3-shiasunni-dialogue/

Please give little time to use technology and search every single doubt one by one.

rest doubts you can get clear on http://sistani.org

Thank you.

Assalam mo alaikum

Note : And please when your doubts get cleared, please spread knowledge to remove that in your community.

Waalaikum Assalam,

1. We believe all the guides that Allah swt sends are guided by Lord Himself. There are both Quranic as well as rational proof for this, for how can someone be followed unconditionally (as commanded by God) when he is on error himself?

2. You are correct, and it is unanimously agreed by all Shia scholars that any act that may lead to serious harm to body is forbidden and haraam.

3. You are right that prostrating on earth is better and there are clear narrations in Sunni tradition where Prophet (saww) did sujood on sand. Please note that for Shia, sand doesn't have to be from Karbala specifically as it could be any clean sand or natural substance like a leaf from tree etc. Normally sand from Karbala is preferred due to reverence of that special piece of land where household of Prophet (saww) gave grand sacrifice for protection of the message of Tauheed.

4. Wives of the Prophet (saww) responsible for waging war or encouraging war on household of Prophet (saww) or innocent Muslims in general are not liked and not taken as source of guidance by us because of simple fact that they showed to have acted poorly.

5. You can refere to Sahi Bukhari where it categorically says that Prophet (saww) combined prayers at several occasions so it is a valid option.

6. Indeed, Prophet (saww) is the the last and best Prophet of God.

7. Basic shahada is the same but we also like to proclaim the very important point of the Wilayah of Ameerul Momineen Ali Ibne Abi Talib  (as).

I just answer some of ur questions...

5.I myself say my prayers in 5 times.coz I think it s better to remember Allah in 5 different times..

6.All Shia believe that Imam Hussain A.S. is the third Imam not a prophet.and Hz Muhammad (saw) is the last prophet

On 1/12/2015 at 3:40 PM, abbas110 said:

Waalaikum Assalam,

1. We believe all the guides that Allah swt sends are guided by Lord Himself. There are both Quranic as well as rational proof for this, for how can someone be followed unconditionally (as commanded by God) when he is on error himself?

2. You are correct, and it is unanimously agreed by all Shia scholars that any act that may lead to serious harm to body is forbidden and haraam.

3. You are right that prostrating on earth is better and there are clear narrations in Sunni tradition where Prophet (saww) did sujood on sand. Please note that for Shia, sand doesn't have to be from Karbala specifically as it could be any clean sand or natural substance like a leaf from tree etc. Normally sand from Karbala is preferred due to reverence of that special piece of land where household of Prophet (saww) gave grand sacrifice for protection of the message of Tauheed.

4. Wives of the Prophet (saww) responsible for waging war or encouraging war on household of Prophet (saww) or innocent Muslims in general are not liked and not taken as source of guidance by us because of simple fact that they showed to have acted poorly.

5. You can refere to Sahi Bukhari where it categorically says that Prophet (saww) combined prayers at several occasions so it is a valid option.

6. Indeed, Prophet (saww) is the the last and best Prophet of God.

7. Basic shahada is the same but we also like to proclaim the very important point of the Wilayah of Ameerul Momineen Ali Ibne Abi Talib  (as).

Thank you for your reply  :) So number 2 is cleared up, the beating etc is a personal choice made by individuals? 

Regarding number 4, surely the Prophet Muhammad  (pbuh) would have taken action against his wive(s) if they had acted this way? I'm just wondering, is there any proof for this behaviour? Surely if the Prophet Muhammad  (pbuh) had no problem, we shouldn't have a problem? Who are w e to judge? However, your opinions are your own, I have no right to change what you think.

So combining the Namaaz is valid, I have no problem with this, but would you ever pray 5 Namaaz i.e. do you still agree with praying 5 Namaaz? And is the wording all the same? Not the actions, I know even with Sunnis placement of the hands etc. is different, but otherwise is everything the same? Does a regular imam, chosen by the community, lead the prayer? Lots of questions, sorry  :squeez:

So the ideology that there is another Prophet after Prophet Muhammad  (pbuh) is false and isn't regarded as correct by most Shi'a scholars etc? Is there a particular sect which believes in this?

And lastly, what does the Arabic at the end of the Shahadah mean? Say if someone was to convert to Shi'a Islam, would they recite this Shahadah?

Thank you

On 1/12/2015 at 2:55 PM, Muslimah525 said:

(salam)

I just have some questions regarding the Shi'a aspect of Islam, purely to help me understand the beliefs and reasons for certain actions. They are not intended to offend anyone, I am just a Sunni looking for some answers and hopefully you can help me learn more about Shi'as.

(salam)

Watch this video lecture and I promise you your question will be solved completely. Tradition and Heresy in Adhan (Call to Prayer) 

Call to Prayer According to all 5 schools of thought

Shias are allowed to pray separately , there's no problem in it at all. I do it when I am not in busy commitments.

Some more Fatwah's by Shia Marajah on self harm and tatbir:

Grand Ayatullah Muhammad Ibrahim Jannaati

jannaati.jpg

“One of the practices that is against religious rules in some of the mourning ceremonies is Qameh-Zani (drawing blood through cutting one’s scalp with a machete), a practice which is against reason and against the manner practiced by the imams. This practice in no way can be considered among the authentic religious rituals.”

“Imam Khomeini and the Culture of Ashura”, 1995, page 66.

Grand Ayatullah Kadhim Al-Haeri

haeri.jpg

“We have witnessed that blood matam and the likes have caused the face of Islam and Shiaism to be destroyed. The disbelieving enemy in our time uses such actions to attack us; to introduce our religion as a superstitious, barbaric religion.”

“Refrain from performing these actions which are inappropriate, cause harm to the religion, and are imbalanced and superstitious. They have no jurisprudential foundations and cause the face of Islam and Shiaism to become damaged.”

Ayatullah Salehi Mazandarani

mazandarani.jpg

“There are no rational or lexical proofs, nor are there any principles, that can support blood matam in the mourning sessions of the leader of the martyrs, Imam Husayn (a), being permissible, let alone recommended. Furthermore, the principles and secondary rulings testify to its forbiddance. Therefore it is necessary to refrain from it.”

Grand Ayatullah Muhammad Hussain Kashif Al-Ghita

Al-Ghita.jpg

Ayatullah Muhammad Hussain Kashif Al-Ghita (d. 1954) was one of the greatest scholars of his time.

“If we want to act in accordance to jurisprudential principles and the derivation of religious rulings regarding the issue of mourning by hitting the face and other practices like blood matam (which are prevalent in the modern age) we will not find anything except forbiddance. We will not have any choice in issuing a verdict stating that these actions are forbidden. The reason is that there have been no exceptions to the principles of the forbiddance of causing harm to ones body or endangering the life of a human in this regard. Therefore, there is no reason for these actions to have any other ruling than forbiddance. But, most of the people who perform such actions do so more to show themselves off or to be fanatic; they do not perform such actions with pure intentions. This, in itself, is problematic; rather it is also forbidden because of some reasons involved with the age and the location as well.”

Al-Firdus al-Ala’, p.19-22

Ayatullah Mutahhari

mutahhari.jpg

“Blood matam in its present form does not have a rational or religious basis. It is a clear instance of deviation. At least, in the present day it causes Shi’ism to be questioned. Activities that do not have any relation to the goals of Imam Husayn (a) are razors, blades and locks. Striking the head with a blade is the same. This is a mistake. Some people take blades and strike their heads making blood flow – for what? This action is not mourning.”

Howzah va Ruhaniyat, v.3

In his book “Al Malahama Al-Husainiya”, Ayatullah Mutahhari adopts Ayatullah Muhsin Al-Amin’s opnion.

Grand Ayatullah Khomeini

Khomeini.jpg

“In his name, the Most High. Do not perform blood matam or the likes in the present state. If it does not include forbidden actions or defamation of the religion than there is no problem. Although, reciting poetry is better and mourning the Sayyid of the Oppressed is of the best forms of worship.”

Istifta’at Imam, v.3, miscellaneous questions, question 37.

Regarding number 4, surely the Prophet Muhammad  (pbuh) would have taken action against his wive(s) if they had acted this way? I'm just wondering, is there any proof for this behaviour? Surely if the Prophet Muhammad  (pbuh) had no problem, we shouldn't have a problem? Who are w e to judge? However, your opinions are your own, I have no right to change what you think.

When 2 of the wives conspired against the Prophet saww in his life then Quran warned and condemned them severely in Suratul Tehreem (chapter 66). After Prophet's departure from this world, Ummul Momineen Ayesha led first ever civil war against Ameerul Momineen Imam Ali and was responsible for killing of innocent civilians including Sahaba. The battle is known as 'battle of Jamal' which resulted in more than 18,000 dead. 

You are absolutely right that we are nobody to deliver final judgement. However it is enough for us to condemn this magnanimous first ever civil war led by Ayesha and we refuse to take her as an authority on religion after this act of transgression by her (remember that Quran has clearly commanded Ummahatul Momineen to 'stay inside the houses' too but she violated that too).

So combining the Namaaz is valid, I have no problem with this, but would you ever pray 5 Namaaz i.e. do you still agree with praying 5 Namaaz? And is the wording all the same? Not the actions, I know even with Sunnis placement of the hands etc. is different, but otherwise is everything the same? Does a regular imam, chosen by the community, lead the prayer? Lots of questions, sorry  :squeez:

In our Fiqha, combing them in not only VALID but RECOMMENDED, i.e. it carries more reward.

So the ideology that there is another Prophet after Prophet Muhammad  (pbuh) is false and isn't regarded as correct by most Shi'a scholars etc? Is there a particular sect which believes in this?

First time I am heard that somebody regarded Imam Hussain as a Prophet, which you had said earlier in your first post. No Shia scholar or sect ever in my memory has doubted the finality of Prophethood remaining with Prophet Mohammad al Mustafa saww. In fact a Sunni sect like Ahamadiya is the one that has raised issues with this.

And lastly, what does the Arabic at the end of the Shahadah mean? Say if someone was to convert to Shi'a Islam, would they recite this Shahadah?

Basic starting point for one to be a Muslim is to believe and say "There is no God but Allah, and Mohammad is His Messenger".  That is the fundamental starting point. We as Shia teach our kids and encourage converts to remember to add "And Ali is the WALI Allah" as asserted by verse number 55 of Suratul Maeda.

To be a Shia, one doesn't have to utter specific thing or do something specific. Just have to believe in heart and practice to holding on to TWO weighty things Rasool Allah saww said to hold onto for Guidance when he is gone, i.e. Kitaan Allah wa Itrah/Ahlul Bayt. We reject all other modes of man made guidance such as 150,000 sahabas that included munafiqeen and mujrimeen amongst them.

Thank you

(salam)

1. ​I understand that Shi'as believe that there is proof of the 12 imams after the Prophet Muhammad  (pbuh), and I respect this idea, however what I do not understand is how they can be infallible? Surely every human commits sins, we are all accountable for them on the Day of Judgement, so how come they are void of all sins? no expert tell me if I'm wrong

Salamunalaikum , thank you so much for actually taking the time to ask questions, rather than simply believing the misconceptions. You seem to be open minded to obtain information about the shi'i muslim beliefs , and i hope i can assist you in this, for the sake of Allah swt. I am now on my computer so can answer in detail.

Firstly, Allah swt commands us to Obey Muhammed pbuh in every single way - the obidience needs to be absolute, we can never question him. Now, think about if he sinned, or made mistakes, and then people narrated that about Muhammed pbuh - and here today we believed this was his legitimate sunnah. Having a proof of Allah swt, a messenger, or guide , or imam among people , and commanding mankind to obey them unconditionally means Allah swt has confidence in whatever they say or do, since the command is to obey them in all affairs. Therefore Allah swt has taken measure in order to make his chosen ones infallible.

Now, you rightly ask a good question - does being infallible mean you cannot sin? The answer often given to understand this analogy is the following:

Imagine you see your street outside. Would you jump outside and run without clothes on? Or perhaps jump infront of a car? You most likely have answered no to this, and if i ask why? You will tell me you know the consequences of those acts, the reality behind them. Similarly, those who Allah swt grants infallibility know the reality behind sin - they can sin, just as you can jump outside or run infront of a car, the possibility is there- but they won't sin because they know the reality behind it. They pray to Allah swt, undergo tests and trials and difficulties, feel emotion and cry, feel love, but as they are guides for mankind and leaders, they are given this ability by Allah swt  - and Allah swt knows who best to give leadership to.

1. Following the teachings of the Qur'an and Sunnah, it is forbidden in Islam to harm oneself, as is suicide etc. for our bodies belong only to Allah, so how come Shi'as 'beat themselves'? This may sound harsh, but I don't know how else to describe it. and correct me if I'm wrong but this beating is done to mourn the death of one of the Prophet Muhammad's  (pbuh) family members?

I have answered this briefly in another post, but will answer again. The vast majority of shia Ayatullahs are against self harm. But the meaning of self harm differs - is it a loss of a limb? or is it a mere cut? Does doing martial arts and getting punched in training self harm?

However, suffice to say, the majority of Ayatullahs forbid Tatbir if it defames Islam/the school of ahlulbayt, or if it leads to considerable harm.

Many Ayatullahs, from Ayatullah Khomeini r.a Ayatullah Khamanei r.a, and Ayatullah Fadlullah, as well as some more older scholars such as Ayatullah Esfahani, etc all forbade it.

I'll post the Fatwa's for you to read in another post - maybe tomorrow. InshAllah with the help of Allah swt, we will rid the world of tatbir. It has nothing to do with shia Islam. There are only a minority of shias that do it or preach doing it, and some of us are trying to educate this minority.

All shias - most of us- do is symbolically hit our chests - using only our hands- as a collective and symbolic sign of mourning. As long as this does not entail self harm, it is permissible. We recite poetry, and narrate the events of Hussain a.s, as well as have talks about general things in Islam, using the

1. I have seen my very close friend's father (who is a Shi'a) praying, and during Sujood he prostrates his forehead onto a stone. I understand that there is a difference of opinion on whether it is okay to prostrate onto a rug (prayer mat) since it is man-made and therefore not clean, and I agree that prostrating onto the earth is probably better, however I dp not understand why this stone has to be from Karbala? Is there some religious significance?

Many Ayatullahs allow shia's to prostrate even on paper, or grass, or a leaf, or tissue paper. It doesn't have to be the soil from Kerbala. Anyone telling you this is a lier. The soil of Kerbala however, is used commonly because it is where Hussain a.s rose for Islam, to defend the religion of Islam, in the great sacrifice.

1. I have heard some Shi'as say that  Hazrat Hussein is a prophet? Surely Muhammad  (pbuh) is the last prophet? 
  2. Is the Shahadah different? And if so, who 'changed' it?

Again, I am no expert, and my questions are not intended to do harm, merely to educate myself and others so that misunderstandings do not become out of hand, and we can grow to accept each other, since this a big problem that is prevalent in our society today. Thank you  :)

Not a single shia will or has claimed Hussain a.s is a prophet - god forbid. We twelver shias - comprising of 85% of shias today- state it is essential to believe Muhammed pbuh is the last and final messenger of God.

You see, Muhammed pbuh commanded us to follow the ahlulbayt a.s after him, the first being Imam Ali a.s. The role of the Imams are to help preserve the sunnah from distortion, and to uphold the Quran and Sunnah. They were the followers of Muhammed pbuh, and all testified he was the seal of Prophets pbuh.

It is narrated in Sahih Muslim as well as many other sources that:

Someday (after his last pilgrimage) the Messenger of Allah (S) stood to give us a speech beside a pond which is known as Khum (Ghadir Khum) which is located between Mecca and Medina. Then he praised Allah and reminded Him, and then said: "O’ people! Behold! It seems the time approached when I shall be called away (by Allah) and I shall answer that call. Behold! I am leaving for you two precious things. First of them is the book of Allah in which there is light and guidance...The other one is my Ahlul-Bayt. I remind you in the name of Allah about my Ahlul-Bayt. I remind you in the name of Allah about my Ahlul-Bayt. I remind you in the name of Allah about my Ahlul-Bayt. (three times)."

Sunni Reference:

• Sahih Muslim, Chapter of the virtues of the companions, section of the virtues of ‘Ali, 1980 Edition Pub. in Saudi Arabia, Arabic version, v 4, p1873, Tradition #36.

I'll try to answer the other questions sooner or later , Fi amanillah!

Edited by Tawheed313

Salamunalaikum , thank you so much for actually taking the time to ask questions, rather than simply believing the misconceptions. You seem to be open minded to obtain information about the shi'i muslim beliefs , and i hope i can assist you in this, for the sake of Allah.

I have answered this briefly in another post, but will answer again. The vast majority of shia Ayatullahs are against self harm. But the meaning of self harm differs - is it a loss of a limb? or is it a mere cut? Does doing martial arts and getting punched in training self harm?

However, suffice to say, the majority of Ayatullahs forbid Tatbir if it defames Islam/the school of ahlulbayt, or if it leads to considerable harm.

Many Ayatullahs, from Ayatullah Khomeini r.a Ayatullah Khamanei r.a, and Ayatullah Fadlullah, as well as some more older scholars such as Ayatullah Esfahani, etc all forbade it.

I'll post the Fatwa's for you to read in another post - maybe tomorrow. InshAllah with the help of Allah swt, we will rid the world of tatbir. It has nothing to do with shia Islam. There are only a minority of shias that do it or preach doing it, and some of us are trying to educate this minority.

All shias - most of us- do is symbolically hit our chests - using only our hands- as a collective and symbolic sign of mourning. As long as this does not entail self harm, it is permissible. We recite poetry, and narrate the events of Hussain a.s, as well as have talks about general things in Islam,

(wasalam)

No, most thanks goes to you for giving me such a detailed and understanding answer. It has really broadened my knowledge and I now am clear on certain topics I was unsure of earlier. However, the quote I have pasted from your answer is still one I do not fully comprehend. As I say, i am no expert so I do not fully understand the events surrounding the death of Hazrat Ali and his family members, but why is the death of a certain member mourned in this way? Are all the deaths of Prophets etc. mourned? No offence is intended, I am just trying to gain knowledge  :)

Thank you 

Edited by Muslimah525

Thank you for taking the time to reply  :)

When 2 of the wives conspired against the Prophet saww in his life then Quran warned and condemned them severely in Suratul Tehreem (chapter 66). After Prophet's departure from this world, Ummul Momineen Ayesha led first ever civil war against Ameerul Momineen Imam Ali and was responsible for killing of innocent civilians including Sahaba. The battle is known as 'battle of Jamal' which resulted in more than 18,000 dead. 

You are absolutely right that we are nobody to deliver final judgement. However it is enough for us to condemn this magnanimous first ever civil war led by Ayesha and we refuse to take her as an authority on religion after this act of transgression by her (remember that Quran has clearly commanded Ummahatul Momineen to 'stay inside the houses' too but she violated that too).

This is the first I have heard of the acts of the Prophet Muhammad's  (pbuh) wives, however I will definitely do more extensive research on this topic, it seems very interesting. 

Basic starting point for one to be a Muslim is to believe and say "There is no God but Allah, and Mohammad is His Messenger".  That is the fundamental starting point. We as Shia teach our kids and encourage converts to remember to add "And Ali is the WALI Allah" as asserted by verse number 55 of Suratul Maeda.

To be a Shia, one doesn't have to utter specific thing or do something specific. Just have to believe in heart and practice to holding on to TWO weighty things Rasool Allah saww said to hold onto for Guidance when he is gone, i.e. Kitaan Allah wa Itrah/Ahlul Bayt. We reject all other modes of man made guidance such as 150,000 sahabas that included munafiqeen and mujrimeen amongst them.

So does this line mean something along the lines of Hazrat Ali is the friend of Allah? This is what I have heard, I am probably wrong  :lol: The topic of the Sahaba has also sparked some interest in my mind, as I have seen a lot of discussion on this website between people regarding the matter. What is the matter? Who do you regard as 'Sahabah'? 

Thank you

(salam)

2. Following the teachings of the Qur'an and Sunnah, it is forbidden in Islam to harm oneself, as is suicide etc. for our bodies belong only to Allah, so how come Shi'as 'beat themselves'? This may sound harsh, but I don't know how else to describe it. and correct me if I'm wrong but this beating is done to mourn the death of one of the Prophet Muhammad's  (pbuh) family members? 
  3. I have seen my very close friend's father (who is a Shi'a) praying, and during Sujood he prostrates his forehead onto a stone. I understand that there is a difference of opinion on whether it is okay to prostrate onto a rug (prayer mat) since it is man-made and therefore not clean, and I agree that prostrating onto the earth is probably better, however I dp not understand why this stone has to be from Karbala? Is there some religious significance?
  4. Could someone please explain to me the dislike for one of the Prophet Muhammad's  (pbuh)  wives I think it is? And the Sahaba? I have only seen a few comments here and there, and haven't really grasped the concept  :wacko:
  5. Prayer times- I have heard, through my friend, that Shi'as only pray 3 times a day, combining Namaaz, but do you ever pray all 5 separately? Did the Prophet Muhammad  (pbuh) do this or is it mentioned in the Qur'an? Just curious, this seems a lot easier  :D
  6. I have heard some Shi'as say that  Hazrat Hussein is a prophet? Surely Muhammad  (pbuh) is the last prophet? 
  7. Is the Shahadah different? And if so, who 'changed' it?

let me, as a sunni answer..

1 - They think the 12 imams are an extension of the revelation of Allah swt. the 12th imam is hidden in a cave and is the mahdi. they are infallible because they have the blood of the prophet pbuh. altough it seems irrelevant, the imams are the most important thing in shia religion.for some shia's these imams are more important than their Creator swt.

2 - It is not allowed but shia's are very easy in neglecting the will of Allah swt. it is a very human reaction to harm you self if you feel guilty. the catolics do practice self-flagellation too if they have sinned. 

3 - it is a human made rule to pray on a stone. it fits in the shia reasoning of superfluous additions on the islam as clearly revealed by our beloved prophet pbuh

4 - the acceptation of islam and Allah swt as the creator is difficult. the shia need a fairy tail to make it easier to them, they say that aisha (ra) was an evil witch that wanted to destroy the prince Ali (ra). there were some problems that time but they were humans and humans make mistakes. they curse aisha (ra) because she did not get along with ali (ra). the great error is to choose party between a companion (ali ra) and the wife of the beloved prophet pbuh.

5 - praying 3 times is easier. and shia's always choose the easy way

6 -  some shia can not accept the words of Allah that are given to the prophet. they need additions and seek others to understand the Great revealings of the creator.

7 - see point 1, 3 and 6. a simply shada is changed and they add irrelevant words with the result that the testimony get weak. Allah is the most important and only threw his messenger we have the ability to be muslim, the addition of ali (ra) distracts from the point you want to make as a Muslim.

Thus, the prejudices and misconceptions (lies) may beginn...

1 - They think the 12 imams are an extension of the revelation of Allah swt. the 12th imam is hidden in a cave and is the mahdi. they are infallible because they have the blood of the prophet pbuh. altough it seems irrelevant, the imams are the most important thing in shia religion.for some shia's these imams are more important than their Creator swt.

You do realize that lying and slandering are sins, right? May Allah swt forgive you and guide you. And what's with people saying the Imam ajf is in a cave? I know that some out of spite don't respect our Aimmah (as) but remember that you will be held accountable for every of your actions and your words.

2 - It is not allowed but shia's are very easy in neglecting the will of Allah swt. it is a very human reaction to harm you self if you feel guilty. the catolics do practice self-flagellation too if they have sinned.

Hazrat Sara (s) hit herself when she found out that she was going to give birth in her old age ("Then came forward his wife in grief, she smote her face and said (what! I) an old barren woman?"

Quran 51:29)

Prophet Yakoob (as) cried so much for his son, whom he knew was alive, that he became blind - isn't that self-harm, in a way? Yet, Allah swt didn't reprimind him.

The wives of the prophet beat their chests after he died, including Aisha (As narrated by al Tabari in History Volume 9 page 183 (English translation by Ismail Poonawalla)

Abbas narrates:

"I heard Aisha saying "The Messenger of God died on my bosom during my turn, I did not wrong anyone in regard to him. It was because of my ignorance and youthfulness that the Messenger of God died while he was in my lap. Then I laid his head on a pillow and got up beating my chest and slapping my face along with the women".)

Matam isn't haram, it's an act of mourning. Now, other acts (zanjeer etc...) are highly discouraged since they can lead to serious injuries if not even worse. I haven't ever seen any Shia do it apart from in videos.

3 - it is a human made rule to pray on a stone. it fits in the shia reasoning of superfluous additions on the islam as clearly revealed by our beloved prophet pbuh

The prophet (saaw) prostrated on earth. The 'stone' we use is compromised earth. Simple. And btw, praying mats for example were first made around 300 years after the prophet (saaw).

4 - the acceptation of islam and Allah swt as the creator is difficult. the shia need a fairy tail to make it easier to them, they say that aisha (ra) was an evil witch that wanted to destroy the prince Ali (ra). there were some problems that time but they were humans and humans make mistakes. they curse aisha (ra) because she did not get along with ali (ra). the great error is to choose party between a companion (ali ra) and the wife of the beloved prophet pbuh.

Why is it difficult for you? And to be honest, I consider the Sunni view of the wives and companions 'fairy-tale like' - because, let's be honest, being the wife or companion of the prophet (saaw) doesn't make you 'perfect'. And since even the Qu'ran makes distinctions between wives and companions, putting them into different categories (good/loyal, bad/hypocrite) so, it's simply logical that we do it, too. Thus, take history into account...

And we don't 'curse' (who does that, anyway?) Aisha for fighting Imam Ali (as), she's done some things even when the prophet (saaw) was alive. There's no error in choosing a party - if someone uses his logic, he sees who's on the right and who isn't. We see past the 'Oh, she's his wife!' (since Qu'ran teaches us that even the wives of prophets can be bad) and judge according to right and wrong. The prophet (saaw) said "Ali is with the Qu'ran and the Qu'ran is with Ali" - now, we know who was with him and who wasn't... But I don't want to dispute over Aisha, that might become lengthy- and it has been done plenty on this site.

Yes, it's easier ;) So nice of the holy prophet (saaw) to show us this method! He was really considerate of his ummah.

Oh, and just to mention it - if Shias chose the easy path, they'd be following the mainstream Islam (e.g. Sunni Islam) instead of holding on to the justice - and even being killed for it in many parts of the world. The Ahl-ul-Bait (as) has never had it easy and neither do their followers.

6 - some shia can not accept the words of Allah that are given to the prophet. they need additions and seek others to understand the Great revealings of the creator.

Huh, so you understand the Qu'ran without any additional Hadiths? Very interesting. And just to clarify, Imam Hussain (as) is our 3rd Imam, not a prophet. The Aimmah (as) were there to protect the message of the holy prophet (saaw) and to help people understand it - who chose to seek them out geniunly did it, sadly the majority apparently wasn't interested in doing so. Their loss.

7 - see point 1, 3 and 6. a simply shada is changed and they add irrelevant words with the result that the testimony get weak. Allah is the most important and only threw his messenger we have the ability to be muslim, the addition of ali (ra) distracts from the point you want to make as a Muslim.

Ever noticed that Umar changed the Adhan? Before pointing at others, look at yourself and your beliefs. If the addition of Imam Ali (as) distracts someone from the actual meaning of the Shahada that someone has a very weak belief. We accept thag it's not a fixed part of the Shahada - it was added by Muslims who couldn't take the cursing of Imam Ali (as) on the pulpits (started by Muawiya) to remind people what status Allah has granted the Imam (as).

And do you not say 'Allahumma salli 'aala Muhammadin wa aali Muhammad'? So, whether you like it or not, Allah swt has granted the prophet Muhammad (saaw) and his Aal a special rank - who recognize this, recognize it, who don't, they don't.

But all these things have already been discussed on this forum, just use the search function if you're interested in them.

Wa salam.

4 - the acceptation of islam and Allah swt as the creator is difficult. the shia need a fairy tail to make it easier to them, they say that aisha  (ra) was an evil witch that wanted to destroy the prince Ali  (ra). there were some problems that time but they were humans and humans make mistakes. they curse aisha  (ra) because she did not get along with ali  (ra). the great error is to choose party between a companion (ali ra) and the wife of the beloved prophet pbuh.

6 -  some shia can not accept the words of Allah that are given to the prophet. they need additions and seek others to understand the Great revealings of the creator.

7 - see point 1, 3 and 6. a simply shada is changed and they add irrelevant words with the result that the testimony get weak. Allah is the most important and only threw his messenger we have the ability to be muslim, the addition of ali  (ra) distracts from the point you want to make as a Muslim.

(salam)

Dear Brother, I intended for this topic to be replied to with well informed and unprejudiced answers, giving real answers to my questions. However, your post is quite offensive. I would advise you not to posts things like this, you may disagree with other people's opinions, yet we are no one to judge, so please refrain from publicising things which spread misconceptions and insight hatred. Thank you  ^_^

(wasalam)

let me, as a sunni answer

Brother, you are not a Sunni, you are a Salafi !!!

These are not beliefs of Sunnies.

Simply believing that God is one does not solve any problem, Lucifer also believes that God is one, it is written in Quran. Lucifer also believes in the other world, it is written in Quran. Lucifer had lots of prayers.

But because of racism, selfishness and jealous, he denied the caliph of Allah !

He stood against the caliph of Allah !!

The concept of 12 caliphs is written in the books of Sunnies !

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235027540-the-prophets-pbuh-family/#entry2766982

There is book compiled on all doubts name " Khair ul Bareeyah - Sihah E Sittah " it is having all reference from Ahle Sunnat brothers Books.

LINK FOR BOOK : http://islamichub.in/KHAIR-UL-BAREEYAH.pdf

Many doubts can get clear from there .. Rest doubt usually are Why beating chest, Why visiting Shrine , Why Eid Miladun Nabi .. you can discuss here.