Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

If You Were Not Born As A Muslim, Would You..

Rate this topic

For born Muslims: If you were not born as a Muslim, would you still research and convert to Islam? If not ,to what religion would you be more drawn to ?

For already converts : If islam did not exist, what religion would you follow ? why?

For non muslims on this website : which religion are you most draw to and why? 

I'm editing all this because its too complicated I find , so let's stick with one question

If islam did not exist (if the prophet hadn't received a revelation) What religion would you follow and why??

Edited by -Enlightened
  • Veteran Member

I was born to muslim parents but I did research and found monotheism and Islam to be true. I can't say what would have happened if I was born into non-muslims. Islam's being the object of hate since the crusades and all.

I think I would be a monotheist christian in that case.

Edited by Darth Vader
  • Moderators

I was raised Catholic, scorned organized religion but still believed in God for half a dozen or so years, then was discontent nondenominational Christian for another half dozen or so. I figure if I hadn't found Islam I'd still be a discontent nondenominational Christian.

• Advanced Member

For born Muslims: If you were not born as a Muslim, would you still research and convert to Islam? If not ,to what religion would you be more drawn to ?

For already converts : If islam did not exist, what religion would you follow ? why?

For non muslims on this website : which religion are you most draw to and why? 

I'm editing all this because its too complicated I find , so let's stick with one question

If islam did not exist (if the prophet hadn't received a revelation) What religion would you follow and why??

Excellent question my wise sister, Life wouldn't be life without islam.. hmm it makes me appreciate being a muslim even more. Alhamdollilah. 

• Advanced Member

If I was not born as Muslim:If I was intelligence,I would be Muslim but if I wasnt,I wouldnt br.coz I just see the world.ISIL in the name of Islam.France attacks in the name of Islam!

If Islam did not exit,I would stay irreligious

• Advanced Member

Excellent question my wise sister, Life wouldn't be life without islam.. hmm it makes me appreciate being a muslim even more. Alhamdollilah.

You didn't exactly answer the question...

If no Islam = honestly speaking, I would follow the belief of no belief aka atheism and sometimes agnostic on a good day. Why? I don't think the other religions would of convinced me.

Edited by kbsquare

I would have been a deist, worshiping the creator of the universe, and believing in him as worthy to be worshiped. I would have made morality based on my own judgments and what was best for society.  All religions carry scripture greatly altered by man. I only follow Islam because the Quran produces an objective falsifiable challenge - thats my primary proof. How would i be to know the other religions are from God without any miracles as signs?

Edited by Tawheed313
  • Moderators

giving  an honest reply: 

I would still be following the religion of my forefathers..... 

Unlike some of the revert brothers and sisters here, whom I respect and admire immensely I never had to to struggle with anything related to religion.  I grew up in a home where islam was practised as  a way of life and everything was handed to me on a plate.This scares me a lot because I  will have a lot more to account for than the brothers and sisters who weren't born in an environment conducive to islam 

Now, being in a religious environment and getting all that information passively made me rather lazy about proactively researching about islam and other religions. So , whereas, I try to educate myself more about my religion and I do question my family about some of the cultural things that have become part of our religious practises but I don't think I have evolved as person who goes against the religion that their family is practising.

^ I hope what I wrote makes some sense :donno:

• Advanced Member

I born in muslim family but I research to find good ideology , I read Holy book of jews and christians but I found some problem in god and prophet's in this books , and find this book was changed ! for more research i read sunnia book like sahih bokhari and  sahih muslim book and find point's to shia , I born in shia family but i don't  stay on shia by my family

• Veteran Member

we would simply not exist, as this world would have been annihilated  long ago .

everything including this question would not exist 

Perhaps Enlightened is referring to a situation which existed after Jesus (as) and before the Prophet (pbuh) appeared.

• Veteran Member

Hazrat Imam Ali (as) Said 4 things in which one is .. Pay thanx to Almighty, you born in muslim family and most of it you love Ahlul Bait (as)

So after that i am 100% sure if i am in any form i will sure come to the right place.

Human is design to Worship, so worship will attract the Worshiper.

You can see atheist don't want to Worship, nor they want to get judged .. that is why they are against word and concept of GOD.

• Advanced Member

Oh man....i would probably be dead already. Imagine all the food....

The question is then: what would you be before you died?!

As for me, I guess I'd be struggling with my own self, helpless and most probably end up being some denomination of a monotheistic faith. That's for sure. I can't get my head around the concept of multiple Gods and deities. 

The question is then: what would you be before you died?!

As for me, I guess I'd be struggling with my own self, helpless and most probably end up being some denomination of a monotheistic faith. That's for sure. I can't get my head around the concept of multiple Gods and deities.

Difficult to answer. Most of us took on the religion of our parents. So if we ignore that fact and i was a person of research, i would say a person that believes in god or a higher divine power but not part of any religion.

• Veteran Member

(salam)

Like Darth #3, l was raised in a 1st Commandment Christian church --like lslam but no Quran nor hadith.

I have thought similarly to a couple of you above, as in "was there ever a time l didn't believe?"

l can remember back to near infancy and l know l did then. There was never a time l didn't. Couldn't always articulate what l thought at any particular time, though.

One story I was remembering last week. At the church we had, down in the basement where the pre-schoolers were kept on Sundays, there was this one about 8x11 picture of Isa(as) in the hallway.

So l asked about that when little- why it was there(in the church annex), and the answer l got went, "this is a Christian church and jesus works/fits into what we believe."

When we were in the kindergarten (age 5) larger room, l can remember the minister explaining that the Bible was two books, like two bibles, "the old one/ new one". 'The new one goes into/adds to  the old.' The way he explained it clearly meant the "old one" was the basic important stuff.

Oh, so to answer the question, l'd be a follower of Noah(as)

• 1 month later...

I would have probably been a Zoroastrian, that's what my ancestors were from like 1000 years ago before they became Muslim.

Ancestor is not important,except if ur ancestor is Hz Fatimah(s.a)-I mean that if u r Sayyed-

We have lots of members here in SC who reverted to Shia Islam while their ancestors and even parents were Christians