Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Khalilallah

I Am In Conflict With Myself Over The Charlie....

Rate this topic

I read the newspaper today and found out that some men shouting Allahu Akbar and speaking perfect French committed an assault on a magazine place and killed some employees.

The magazine writers I also read were making fun of all religions including Islam and they made fun of RasulAllah (pbuh) . So the attackers attacked them and killed them for this.

I would firstly like to ask, what is the duty of a Muslim towards someone who repeatedly insults Prophet Mohammed?

And the French are insulting the prophet in the name of freedom of speech.  

I have been thinking this for a while and its becoming more and more obvious that the UK, US, and France are at war with Muslims in secret, why are they constantly brainwashing their own people against Islam?

I am very frustrated, my relationship with a non Muslim African Christians in my university was good until one of them found out I am a Muslim and he said "You people have ruined the world". 

And we can't even say that the media is doing this out of ignorance because these governments are very vicious and cunning and they are doing all this damage to Islam's reputation on purpose.

i dont feel any remorse for those wine drinking cheese eating smelly french that depicted the Prophet(PBUH) in the way they did did(numerous times) they deserved to die and i hope they are burning in hell

but on the other hand i feel sorry for the victims that had nothing to do with it like the muslim policement that was killed by them 

also another interesting post

Netanyahu threatened France after its Palestinian bid and said something along the lines "you will pay" 

and suddenly now these scum bags appear out of nowhere and do what they did(having a background of coming out of Syria) which as we know Israel sponsored and supported the soldiers in Syria 

so the whole thing is very fishy , but at the same time as i said the one responsible for depicting the most perfect men of all in such a derogatory way(laying claim that its freedom of speech despite that they would never dare touch the holocaust) for them i hope they burn in hell those filthy evil wine drinking feet smelling cheese eating scum 

Edited by Muhammed Ali
Banned for racism.

They also disrespected Hazrat Mariam and Isa ibn Maryam by drawing a cartoon making fun of Jesus' birth.

Lanat Allah on the enemies of the prophets, Lanat Allah on the enemies of the prophets, Lanat Allah on the enemies of the prophets.

I have never sent a Lanat on anyone and I am pretty upset right now.

:cry:

Lanat Allah both on the Murdered enemies of the Prophets and the Murderers, Muslims have been dealt a double blow by this incident. Both sides hurt us. 

There is no such thing as free speech....

Today, a number of countries have enacted laws prohibiting and criminalizing Holocaust denial. In Europe, denial laws have been enacted by Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia and Switzerland.

Laws are contradictions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech

France prohibits by its penal code and by its press laws public and private communication which is defamatory or insulting, or which incites discrimination, hatred, or violence against a person or a group of persons on account of place of origin, ethnicity or lack thereof, nationality, race, specific religion, sex, sexual orientation, or handicap. The law prohibits declarations that justify or deny crimes against humanity, for example, the Holocaust (Gayssot Act)

I am very frustrated, my relationship with a non Muslim African Christians in my university was good until one of them found out I am a Muslim and he said "You people have ruined the world".

Tell him the sheep go that way ------> .

How about, artists make fun of the mothers-fathers-wives-husbands etc of these men/women who have deemed it satirical to make fun of religious figures. Then lets see if they are not outraged.

Regarding your question, khalililah, if you live ib France there is not much you can do about it, because the people of that magazine are actually protected by their right of free of speech. I do see, though, the hypocrite part of that right when it comes to talk about the Holocaust. Everybody should be free to share his or her opinion, regardless of the power of the one who dislikes that opinion.

What happened in france is definitely going to be against the image of the whole Islamic community in the Western media.

I read the newspaper today and found out that some men shouting Allahu Akbar and speaking perfect French committed an assault on a magazine place and killed some employees.

The magazine writers I also read were making fun of all religions including Islam and they made fun of RasulAllah (pbuh) . So the attackers attacked them and killed them for this.

I would firstly like to ask, what is the duty of a Muslim towards someone who repeatedly insults Prophet Mohammed?

I have been thinking this for a while and its becoming more and more obvious that the UK, US, and France are at war with Muslims in secret, why are they constantly brainwashing their own people against Islam?

And we can't even say that the media is doing this out of ignorance because these governments are very vicious and cunning and they are doing all this damage to Islam's reputation on purpose.

Hello Khalilallah,

Are there instances of Muhammad ordering various people who mocked him to be killed?

Thanks.

Peace and God bless you

Hello Khalilallah,

Are there instances of Muhammad ordering various people who mocked him to be killed?

Thanks.

Peace and God bless you

No, he was a mercy to man kind.

You know why its wajib to kill salman rushdie?

That's what I am thinking. I wonder what the Islamic ruling is on such people.

I'd hate for this to be my first post as I applied for membership before this event happened.
Personally I feel it was very wrong for these people to get killed over a comic. They make fun of Christians as well right? Probably (I'm just assuming here, as I haven't seen the comics) atheists as well.
I feel that as a comedian/comic write you should be able to tackle any subject. Deceases, religion, non-religion, politics, animal cruelty and many more. Unfortunately I've already seen the bad effects of this assassination in my college... The Netherlands are starting to hate the Islam more and more, even though it's just a few rotten apples that make the news. You may have heard of a man named Geert Wilders, who has been rallying up people for "LESS MOROCCANS!". This will probably have ignited his hatred even more.

I can't speak for people involved in the Islam, as I'm not one of them, but I'd think the duty of a Muslim would be to stand proud and stay confident of your own religion, but not act on the aggression that is being felt. By acting on aggression you are doing something much worse (in my opinion) and you put your religion in a bad light as one that would be violent and terrorist. 

According to Jafari fiqh anyone who mocks the Holy Prophet is to be killed.

According to Jafari fiqh anyone who mocks the Holy Prophet is to be killed.

That is a sentence that must be handed down by an Islamic court in an Islamic regime.  In France, they have to follow the laws of France.  If those laws are oppressive to Muslims, the Muslims can either use acceptable channels to try to change the laws, or they can migrate to a place that doesn't have oppressive laws.

That is a sentence that must be handed down by an Islamic court in an Islamic regime.  In France, they have to follow the laws of France.  If those laws are oppressive to Muslims, the Muslims can either use acceptable channels to try to change the laws, or they can migrate to a place that doesn't have oppressive laws.

I agree. I am against this ruling. Just why dont we muslims answer those (who mock our Holy Prophet) by playing a fair game? why not boycott their products? why spread hate? Our scholars need to unite on this matter & guide the Ummah.

Edited by Invoker

I agree. I am against this ruling. Just why dont we muslims answer those (who mock our Holy Prophet) by playing a fair game? why not boycott their products? why spread hate? Our scholars need to unite on this matter & guide the Ummah.

Bold part : Very bad expectation , dont expect anything good from those who are in Focus. Its a duty of normal muslims to stand , study and be united on common faith.

1. Allah

2. Rasool Allah (saw)

3. Quran

4. 5 Times Prayers

5. Ramzaan

6. Hajj

Rest left on " Malik e Yomideen "

Can you leave your practice of provoking ? If not then dont give suggestion. Simple

They make fun of Christians as well right? Probably (I'm just assuming here, as I haven't seen the comics) atheists as well.

I feel that as a comedian/comic write you should be able to tackle any subject. Deceases, religion, non-religion, politics, animal cruelty and many more. Unfortunately I've already seen the bad effects of this assassination in my college... The Netherlands are starting to hate the Islam more and more, even though it's just a few rotten apples that make the news. You may have heard of a man named Geert Wilders, who has been rallying up people for "LESS MOROCCANS!". This will probably have ignited his hatred even more.

Just because they make fun of Christians doesn't mean we can say ok let them make fun of our prophet because they are also making fun of Christians.

In case you didn't know Muslims and Christian have the same prophets except Muhammed. There is no justice in allowing a people to insult religions.

Can you give me one good and logical reason for why this comic book company should make fun of religions?

When it is about holocaust, it is called: hate speech

When it is about the Prophet, it is called: comic and freedom of expression

Filth Filth that is what this world is, we live with filth, our food is from filth and we produce filth.

There are different reasons why it gets filthier

One is the riba money in the whole banking system

The other is the increase in the number of people who have been and are born out of wedlock which means the increase of walad al-zina

I havent seen the cartoons, so i dont know how provocative they were. If they were clearly malicious and created to insult and cause pain to others, rather than making any kind of constructive point about anything, then i see their creators as no different than the hate preachers who reduce their victims to one dimensional caricatures to dehumanise and attack. I dont believe killing cartoonists or hate preachers helps solve anything, it just fuels the cycle of misunderstanding, prejudice, abuse and revenge.

This. Muslims are allowed to freely observe their faith in most of the important aspects and while racism and citizenship laws are a problem in French society, most of the avenues exist for Muslims to create a good situation for themselves or to educate the French on matters of Islamic concerns. To aggressively break the law of land that is giving you a place to live, a land which you nonetheless are staying and making a living out of the resources and work of the people who live there, and to grant yourself excemptions from punishment of those laws which apply to everyone just shows a pure lack of gratitude and comes across as narcissistic. These sorts are perfectly willing to take welfare checks from the French government, but can't endure a few petty insults from some cheap magazine that doesn't even reflect the views of all French people, let alone the official position of the French government that they are able to resist breaking some of France's biggest laws.

Not only that, but who made them the guardians of the shariah in the first place? They're just hooligans with some guns and some big egos, not scholars or lawyers.

Just because they make fun of Christians doesn't mean we can say ok let them make fun of our prophet because they are also making fun of Christians.

In case you didn't know Muslims and Christian have the same prophets except Muhammed. There is no justice in allowing a people to insult religions.

Can you give me one good and logical reason for why this comic book company should make fun of religions?

It's not okay for anyone to make fun of any prophet or anyone's religious icons. Even the Qur'an tells us not to fling petty insults at the pagans' idols.

But who has the authority to set the laws of what is considered an insult? It used to be that insulting the pope or denying the Trinity was considered blasphemous enough to get you killed.

I just think that Muslims should respect the law of France as long as they aren't being forced to live there and not think of themselves as exceptions to its laws.

When it is about holocaust, it is called: hate speech

When it is about the Prophet, it is called: comic and freedom of expression

Please stop this nonsense. Holocaust denial itself is pretty retarded, as are the laws against denying it, but it's not the same thing. Most people on the planet don't accept the Prophet (as) let alone respect him as a great human being, even if they know something about him. The solution isn't to make people respect him by basically using the same tactics people use to shut up Holocaust deniers. Blasphemy ;aws might make sense in a government that is religious and whose foundation is based on the acceptance of certain religious doctrines, the denial of which undermines or weakens the strength of said government, but Muslims living in foreign countries don't have the right to decide what France should do to people who aren't even breaking any laws just because they can't comprehend that there are governments which choose not to take any position in these matters. If what they want is people to stop these things. The solution isn't to undermine all law and order in other people's countries, the solution is bearing insults with humility and educating people on the truth through wisdom and good deeds. There are plenty of laws which you give one the right to publicly protest and which afford people the opportunities to express their views and change public opinion in a non-hostile manner. Muslims should use them. And likewise, Muslims shouldn't expect a law to be drafted up for all nations for the sake of the honor of our Holy Prophet (pbuh) defined according to their rules and feelings that everyone should be forced to follow.

There is always a second story behind every literal story ... But bcoz Majority of world is materialistic brain , they never care to dig earth to find the root. After 10 days they will never even care to talk about it. This Materialistic brain is actual problem at the moment, due to this we are not able to cut the root problem. ... -> AMERICAN POLICY

Edited by alirex

What's nonsense?

To notice the double standard of mainstream media and political slogans?

I didn't support the terrorist attack, nor did I say we'd better defend our Prophet (sa) the way they defend holocaust. I sensed the hypocrisy and brainwashing.

So calm down.

Edited by mesbah

Did anyone take notice of the person in this thread who said "they deserved to die and I hope they're burning in hell"? Everyone insists on there just being a few bad apples out here, but there appear to be a lot more than just a few.

The people who were murdered, they drew pictures. Comical satirical cartoon. And they weren't even mainstream. Before the attack if you asked me about Charlie hebdo, my response would be "who?".

And yet people are bold enough in this very forum to say...ya know what, I'm glad they were murdered and I hope flames burn their skin for eternity. And nobody even acknowledges this sick comment.

It's disgusting. And it's not just a few bad apples. I won't say Islam is to blame, but there are a large number of what id call, crazy Muslims out here. Maybe not the majority, but a lot.

Islam I think needs some sort of, coherence. Maybe unity between various groups to help define Islam more clearly. Or maybe some form of reformation. Just my opinion. Also though, I think a lot of the current violence is exacerbated by poverty, due to war and issues with education. I think these things, poverty, and issues with education are some of the greater drivers of violence and these seem to be hijacking Islam. So the conflicts need to be predominantly resolved and people need to be educated. And everything is currently going in reverse with Isis and these Taliban schools.

Edited by iCambrian

What's nonsense?

To notice the double standard of mainstream media and political slogans?

It's not really a double standard though, for a few reasons

1. Holocaust survivors feelings would be hurt, and to deny the Holocaust is to call them liars, which might count as defamation of character and verbal assault under some laws. These sort of things don't apply religious icons because the suffering of religious people because someone made fun of their prophet or god is seen as sentimental while the suffering of Holocaust victims is regarded as historical and thus real.

2. Holocaust acceptance is not divorced from politics while religion, at least in theory, is divorced from the political process. Moreso in Europe than it is even in America. Therefore, one may make as many insults as one pleases about Jesus, Muhammad, Buddha, Krishna, etc. and one isn't making a political statement as far as the government is concerned.

3. The majority of people tend to agree that Holocaust denial is a terrible thing and it tends to be associated with very unsavory individuals or reactionary politics. Very few people's feelings are hurt by censoring holocaust deniers. In contrast, most people don't like the Prophet Muhammad (as) or don't know enough about him or care enough about religion at all to really feel like anyone should be censored for insulting the Prophet and thus censoring Holocaust Denial appears to be in conformity with the Western values of democracy as they are.

Is this hypocritical? It is if you affirm absolute free speech. It isn't if you don't affirm free speech in the absolute sense but free speech in the relative sense, which is what most states that guarantee free speech do with complete honesty. Very few states actually claim to give absolute free speech to the people and it's quite obvious that most people when they say free speech are referring to a kind of free speech, not free speech in its literal meaning. Also, it isn't hypocritical if you believe that insulting Islamic holy figures is an exception like how we don't have statutes against insulting Hitler just because he's "sacred" to Nazi parties. May God forgive me for even drawing the comparison here, but for a certain very prominent group of Westerners, to insult Muhammad is no more evil than insulting Hitler or Stalin, people who of course citizens still have the right to praise, IF they're willing to bear the social or legal stigma for openly doing so. None of this is hypocritical,in fact it's perfectly logical and consistently operates according to the present knowledge and values of Western society.

Yes, I know it stinks, but that's just the way things are here for the time being.

Did anyone take notice of the person in this thread who said "they deserved to die and I hope they're burning in hell"? Everyone insists on there just being a few bad apples out here, but there appear to be a lot more than just a few.

The people who were murdered, they drew pictures. Comical satirical cartoon. And they weren't even mainstream. Before the attack if you asked me about Charlie hebdo, my response would be "who?".

And yet people are bold enough in this very forum to say...ya know what, I'm glad they were murdered and I hope flames burn their skin for eternity. And nobody even acknowledges this sick comment.

Well, he's already been banned... :donno:

Edited by Saintly_Jinn23

Any educated muslim would know that only a ruler has the right to implement the punishment for blasphemy. Even the minority view within shia scholarship that gives individuals the right to kill blasphemers is untenable in this case because you're in a foreign country and living under a 'treaty' (citizenship) which you cant betray. 

Any educated muslim would know that only a ruler has the right to implement the punishment for blasphemy. Even the minority view within shia scholarship that gives individuals the right to kill blasphemers is untenable in this case because you're in a foreign country and living under a 'treaty' (citizenship) which you cant betray. 

Some people should really read Socrates and Crito's dialogue

Peace be in you.

Let's be honest what would the Holy Prophet saws and His Ahlulbayt (as) have done if they were living in a non muslim country where they were mocked?

I can't help feeling that it would involve kind words, forgiveness, a bunch of flowers and an invitation to dinner, offer to host/clothe/feed/repay the debts of the mocker. They (as) would have been so kind to the cartoonist that he would have realised there was no basis or sense in his mockery of the Holy Prophet saws. And he would probably have ended up accepting the real status of the Holy Prophet saws.

I'm pretty sure Prophet Musa pbuh was mocked by the Pharoah's people but Allah SWT told him to use "kind words" in response to try and educate the Pharoah to change his opinion.

The trouble is the salafi movement have abandoned the Ahlulbayt and misinterpret the Quran to suit their agenda. The whole thing reeks of the not-so-hidden global agenda to demonise Islam rather than any sort of a retaliatory action in itself.

"The trouble is the salafi movement have abandoned the Ahlulbayt and misinterpret the Quran to suit their agenda. The whole thing reeks of the not-so-hidden global agenda to demonise Islam rather than any sort of a retaliatory action in itself."

And the other problem is there are a lot of people ready to blame Islam as religion and muslims in general.

Salam Br. You brought up a good point. Here is what I know about this. 

First, even though there may or may not be a hudud(Sharia prescribed punishment. I will explain more about this later) 

What they did was against Sharia(Islamic Law)

Let's assume there was a hudud for this act (i.e. publishing the blasphemous and insulting cartoon against our Holy Prophet(p.b.u.h)

and let's additionally assume that this hudud was death. 

1) This punishment must be carried out by a hakim (judge in a Sharia court) and not just by anyone on the street

2) There must be a trial and both sides allowed to present evidence

3) The punishment is only valid against the one who did the act (i.e. the cartoonist and those directly responsible for publishing it)

So we know how this went down

1) Hudud was not carried out by a Hakim who is knowledgeable (alim) and adl (just)

2) There was no trial in Sharia court

3) There were those who were killed that had nothing to do with the creation or publishing of these cartoons 

( I believe two police officers, a cleaning lady, and other magazine staff who were not involved with this particular cartoon)

So even if we assume that there is a prescribed hudud and in addition, this hudud is death, still this act went against Sharia

and any act which goes against Sharia we should not support 

In addition, we cannot assume that there is even any prescribed hudud for this act. These were non muslims publishing in a non muslim country. As you probably know, the hudud is different if perpetrator is muslim or non muslim and also circumstances of the act and it's effects. 

People have mentioned the Rushdi case and fatwa of Imam Khomeni(ra). This case is very different. First, Rushdie was a muslim(in the technical sense) and he published this in a way that his primary audience was muslims (although it was published in other countries). Second, the publication of this book was done in a way where it received very wide distribution (these were the days before the Internet was widely used where you actually had to distribute paper copies of a book before people could see it) and there was no justification for this wide of distribution of a first edition of a book by a relatively unknown author (at the time) and the only justification for this was that this was a plot by CIA/Mossad to create fitna on a large scale in muslim countries. He did not give the fatwa because of the book itself, but because of the plot that revolved around the book. 

For a muslim to cooperate with the enemies of Islam to deliberately create fitna amoung the muslims and this results in the death of muslims (which it did), the penalty for that is death. At the same time, this penalty is only for him, so that is why noone has seriously tried to carry it out, because most likely this would result in the death or injury of others besides him (which would be against the fatwa). Imam Khomeni(ra) himself said this, but this was somehow(?) never reported in the Western Media. 

Imam Khomeni(ra) unlike those who did the plot around the book, actually cared if innocent people were harmed in the process of carrying out this hudud. If the fatwa didn't include this condition (about innocent people being harmed) Rushdie would have been dead and roasting in hell since many years ago. 

This magazine is in the business of publishing satire against against all religions and many political groups. Although this is foolish and distasteful, it is probably not part of a larger plot, and again, they are non muslims publishing in a non muslim country. 

Finally, our responsibility is to distance ourself from both acts (the act of creating the cartoon and also the act of killing those at the magazine). Both are wrong and evil. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

Killing of that stupid person was perfectly islamic and the one who sent him to hell will wake up as jannati on day of judgement. (I am not sure who Allah will judge on killing of innocents, but again in war some times innocents people also get killed)

Insult to prophet cant be tolerate on any expense.

Hell to such freedom of speech.

Edited by ShiaHashmi

Killing of that stupid person was perfectly islamic and the one who sent him to hell will wake up as jannati on day of judgement. (I am not sure who Allah will judge on killing of innocents, but again in war some times innocents people also get killed)

watch out, we got a Qadhi over here.

It's not really a double standard though, for a few reasons

1. Holocaust survivors feelings would be hurt, and to deny the Holocaust is to call them liars, which might count as defamation of character and verbal assault under some laws. These sort of things don't apply religious icons because the suffering of religious people because someone made fun of their prophet or god is seen as sentimental while the suffering of Holocaust victims is regarded as historical and thus real.

2. Holocaust acceptance is not divorced from politics while religion, at least in theory, is divorced from the political process. Moreso in Europe than it is even in America. Therefore, one may make as many insults as one pleases about Jesus, Muhammad, Buddha, Krishna, etc. and one isn't making a political statement as far as the government is concerned.

3. The majority of people tend to agree that Holocaust denial is a terrible thing and it tends to be associated with very unsavory individuals or reactionary politics. Very few people's feelings are hurt by censoring holocaust deniers. In contrast, most people don't like the Prophet Muhammad  (as) or don't know enough about him or care enough about religion at all to really feel like anyone should be censored for insulting the Prophet and thus censoring Holocaust Denial appears to be in conformity with the Western values of democracy as they are.

Is this hypocritical? It is if you affirm absolute free speech. It isn't if you don't affirm free speech in the absolute sense but free speech in the relative sense, which is what most states that guarantee free speech do with complete honesty. Very few states actually claim to give absolute free speech to the people and it's quite obvious that most people when they say free speech are referring to a kind of free speech, not free speech in its literal meaning. Also, it isn't hypocritical if you believe that insulting Islamic holy figures is an exception like how we don't have statutes against insulting Hitler just because he's "sacred" to Nazi parties. May God forgive me for even drawing the comparison here, but for a certain very prominent group of Westerners, to insult Muhammad is no more evil than insulting Hitler or Stalin, people who of course citizens still have the right to praise, IF they're willing to bear the social or legal stigma for openly doing so. None of this is hypocritical,in fact it's perfectly logical and consistently operates according to the present knowledge and values of Western society.

Yes, I know it stinks, but that's just the way things are here for the time being.

Well, he's already been banned...  :donno:

1. Muslims feelings aren't hurt? The prophet isn't a historical figure? The cartoons aren't defamation of character and verbal assault? Same argument of "touching a nerve".

2. I thought freedom of speech had no boundaries and politics was included. The cartoons mocked French politics and its military.

3. We don't care about the majority or the minority. If you're enforcing an accepted law, do not condemn one vehemently while closing an eye to the other, exact case. This is called incompetence and corruption. The same incompetence  which allowed these murderers to have a training in another country and come back as if nothing happened. 

I'm glad you see the hypocrisy in what you wrote because there is no other word to describe it. The Russian death toll exceeded the Jews by far, yet all we remember of WW2 is the holocaust. I don't believe it was a hoax, I firmly believe it was exaggerated and there is no hate attached to it. My grandfather (mother's dad) was snatched by the French from his country at a very young age to fight for their lost war.

There is nothing islamic in what these murderers did. One of them drinks alcohol and smokes weed. They seem to be part of IS, an organisation who killed far more muslims than "infidels". There are no free tickets to paradise. 

Yet another bad apple, added to the list of the alleged "few" that are out here.