Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Slaughter At Charlie Hebdo Magazine In Paris

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Muslim employee saves lives during hostage situation

Don't know if anyone has posted this already or not. Well, not that these French antil-Islam demonstrants will care, either way -.- But I don't understand what exactly they expect from their demonstrations. I mean, how many Muslims are there in France? Lots and lots of them and they not all of them are from an immigrant background. So, they want also to throw out Fench people who converted to Islam? And if they are already on it, throw out all the immigrants and citizens with an immigration background - how many will be left in FFrance? Same with Germany, thouh it's not that bad here, yet.

There might be a huge problem for the Muslims if the right-wing comes into power - and they'll use the current situation just as Hitler used the situation back then to gain power. Well, since I'm an optimist, let's hope for the best.

Btw, I don't think that we should point with our fingers at other Muslims, especially not yet. I do get the frustration, but honestly, how many western people will care for the differences between Sunni and Shia and terrorism? Yes, many Wahhabis have infiltrated Sunni mosques and mostly, Sunnis don't even realise it, that's a problem everywhere. But what to do against it? Watch more closely over mosques and what the people are preached, maybe. I don't know...

Wa salam.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The power of the media is that an attack by a handful of 'Muslims' leads people to think that civilisation is under attack by Muslims. In contrast Libya, Syria and Iraq have been brought to their knee

First a media outlet, then a kosher supermarket. Great. The extremists are doing a good job at uniting the liberals, the Christians and the Jews against the menace of "Islam".   Whether it was a false

In my head, this is very simple.  10-12 people get killed by terrorist, world leaders gather to march, people start facebook trends, march in the streets etc etc.    Not so very long ago, a whole bunc

Posted Images

• Forum Administrators

Looks like we all have to move back to our home countries soon boys and girls..............

Best place to go to is where there aren't too many (Sunni) Muslims already. 

• Veteran Member

Looks like we all have to move back to our home countries soon boys and girls..............

Thats the easy way out.

Meanwhile in Lebanon   Twin Suicide Bombs Strike Tripoli’s Jabal Mohsen, Nusra Claims Assault

http://www.almanar.com.lb/english/adetails.php?fromval=2&cid=19&frid=21&seccatid=19&eid=189869

Edited by Martyrdom
  • Veteran Member

http://listverse.com/2010/02/23/10-people-who-give-christianity-a-bad-name/

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum.

Open letter

To the Muslims who jumped on the bandwagon of "je suis mumbo jumbo"

How will you face Rasoul Allah on that day where you would want his intercession and yet you were one of those who held a poster or did a hash tag for the cartoonist that insulted your Prophet, the Quran and your deen? This cartoonist is more important than your akheera?

Have we reached the point of the hadith where holding to our faith will be as hard as holding ember in our hands?

القابض على دينه كالقابض على الجمر»(1).

1- الأمالي، للشيخ الطوسي : ٤٨٤ ـ ٤٨٥ حديث ١٠٦٠، وفيه قال رسول اللّه‏ صلي الله عليه و اله و سلم : «يأتي

على الناس زمان الصابر منهم على دينه كالقابض على الجمر».

وفي عيون المعبود للعظيم آبادي ١١ : ٣٣٣: «يكون القابض على دينه كالقابض على الجمر».

God help us what lies ahead. May we be among the mo2imneen who are able to hold fast to deen al haq and not those who blindly follow with what is popular and trendy.

To those non Muslims like Christian Lady and David,

You need to understand, those who kill are doing so not on behalf of me or anything I believe or represent. I don't show up on your doorstep asking you to condemn every abortion clinic attack, cult leaders under the name of Jesus (link above), and numerous other terrorists actions done by Christians.

Pastor Punches Kid in the Chest: http://youtu.be/Q19qRUBj-ic

Because I'm smarter to know there actions represent only them and not Christianity as a whole. I wish you will realize and apply this view to Islam as well. But these days, you can't expect much when you have the likes of Bill Maher who says,

“What we've said all along, and have been called bigots for it, is when there's this many bad apples, there's something wrong with the orchard."

You fail to see the foreign policies of a superpower who invades sovereign nations all under the cover and guise of terrorism and the notion that Muslims and Arabs hate freedom and democracy and they just want to kill us all. This is what Fox News and Hollywood feeds you. Step away from your TV screens and I invite you to read the Quran free of charge on Al-islam.org not for the intention of converting you but to see what the Quran mentions about Jesus son of Mary peace and blessings be upon them and all the other Prophets of God like Abraham, Noah, Moses, Issac, Job and many more. Will you take this challenge?

Then come back and tell us this is where I found what is wrong with the orchard. We will discuss and answer your questions, but not like what Pat Robinson does and takes the verses of the Quran out of context and concludes by saying kill the disbelievers. He is a liar and he intentionally distorts the Quran according to his agenda. I wish you peace and hope you consider the challenge. Thanks for reading at the very least.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

post-422-53044_thumb.jpg

Edited by Laayla
  • Veteran Member

I like Bill Maher. I watched his old program. I heard him say he was raised in a jewish home, but he is an atheist.

He doesn't like any religion. He's honest and not a hypocrite in this.

I guess it is what part of the orchard you look at unless you do not know how big it is.

• Veteran Member

Different news organizations are reporting numbers in a variety of ways.

Sunday morning, DeutscheWelle said 1 million had gathered for the march; then wire services said crowd estimation was 1.3 to 1.4 million;

In the afternoon, it was 3 million nation wide, at several rallies.

Sunday Night, DeutsceWelle said there was 2 million in Paris.

• Veteran Member

*sigh* I'll repeat it again. Splitting Wahabism and Sunni is not going to happen because they are literally the same thing. Let's take ISIS for example. Ask them if they are Sunni or wahabi. They will say they are Sunni lol but you will get a lot of other sunnis saying ISIS is not muslim BECAUSE they do not want to accept the truth like when they denied caliphate to Ali! I think anyone who is in denial of this should open their eyes and realize that this is the truth. The reality.

C'mon we cannot reason with people who disagree when you shove them 2 fabricated narrations from their Bukari Hadiths regarding Prophet Muhammad migrating to medina and seeing jews fasting that show 2 different months, in their faces lol. Yet they still say Shia made up Ashura and so they fast on Ashura hahaha. This is why I left the Sunni sect.

I understand what you're trying to say, but we cannot assume that every Sunni understands Sunnism the same way, nor can we assume that Sunnism has always been the same in every generation.

I agree that one should not forget that groups like ISIS base their twisted ideology on certain fundamental Sunni ideas, but we should also remember that how Sunnis define themselves as a sect is not universal since the appellation of "Sunni" simply means "not Shi'a" or "follower of the Sunnah." We cannot equate Wahabism with Sunnism anymore than we can can equate one branch or school of thought within Shi'ism with the whole of Shi'ism itself.

I just feel like it isn't our place to define Sunnism, whether we choose to define it as Wahabism or something separate from Wahabism. Sunnis have to define Sunnism, we can only react to whatever it is they agree defines themselves as a sect.

I tempted to say i don't agree, but i can't find a good reason to.

Yeah, if there aren't too many Sunnis, that usually leaves the Shi'a more free to define what Islam is to the non-Muslim population.

However, to be fair, the problem I think in the case of Europe is that you had in a short amount of time a huge migration of Muslim ethnic groups from the former European colonial territories in such a short amount of time. Many of these migrants came from lower class backgrounds.

America has suffered terrorist attacks as well, but generally speaking, it's Muslim community is much less radicalized due to a better economy and Muslims coming from better backgrounds or being encouraged to work to earn a successful living for themselves. So, even though the majority of Muslims here are Sunni, Shi'a have much less to fear either from government policies or from fellow Muslims than they do in other Western nations.

Really, if you're Muslim, Shi'a or Sunni, and you're not interested in free handouts, Canada and the USA are the best countries to migrate to if you intend to continue practicing your faith in peace since discrimination and hostilities are less severe here and the country as a whole is in a much better position, which helps prevent radicalism from having too much of an impact on the population or manifesting itself in more overt ways

• Veteran Member

For Iranians and those from South Lebanon it's "easy". For the rest of the Shias there is no place on earth where there aren't enough Sunnis. If there are not enough Sunnis in some countries of the world today, there will be when things heat up in Europe.

No country for old men.

• Advanced Member

For Iranians and those from South Lebanon it's "easy". For the rest of the Shias there is no place on earth where there aren't enough Sunnis. If there are not enough Sunnis in some countries of the world today, there will be when things heat up in Europe.

No country for old men.

Iraq and Azerbaijan.

• Veteran Member
However, to be fair, the problem I think in the case of Europe is that you had in a short amount of time a huge migration of Muslim ethnic groups from the former European colonial territories in such a short amount of time. Many of these migrants came from lower class backgrounds.

I always wonder what does a huge number constitute. Going by anti-migrant German rallies of the last week an outsider like me would think the migrants and/or Muslims are about 30%-40% of German population, so that Germans are worried of 'Islamisation' of their country, worried their culture would be taken over. But it turns out that Muslims make up, what?, 5% of population. 7% for France. Much less for the UK. So I don't see how a segment of population that is not even into double figures can be said to have 'changed' things in those countries. Maybe some areas are more concentrated with migrants/Muslims than other areas? I understand if 'my neighbourhood' has been taken over by migrants. But still when I read 'Europe is loaded full' -- where are the statistics?

Perhaps 5% is 'too many' migrants or Muslims for a European context. It is certainly nothing in the context of Asia and the Middle East.

America has suffered terrorist attacks as well, but generally speaking, it's Muslim community is much less radicalized due to a better economy and Muslims coming from better backgrounds or being encouraged to work to earn a successful living for themselves. So, even though the majority of Muslims here are Sunni, Shi'a have much less to fear either from government policies or from fellow Muslims than they do in other Western nation

America is a migrant success story. Muslim migrants also get to be treated as full Americans in America regardless of their funny names and funny faces. This is not true in good ol' Europe despite the politically correct language. If you're not white and if you don't speak accent free national language, you are not French or German or English in essence.

Iraq and Azerbaijan.

Iraq suurree. A country already ravaged by a militant Sunni presence.

Azerbaijan. A Shia majority yes but under a government that persecutes practice of religion.

Edited by Marbles
  • Veteran Member

I always wonder what does a huge number constitute. Going by anti-migrant German rallies of the last week an outsider like me would think the migrants and/or Muslims are about 30%-40% of German population, so that Germans are worried of 'Islamisation' of their country, worried their culture would be taken over. But it turns out that Muslims make up, what?, 5% of population. 7% for France. Much less for the UK. So I don't see how a segment of population that is not even into double figures can be said to have 'changed' things in those countries. Maybe some areas are more concentrated with migrants/Muslims than other areas? I understand if 'my neighbourhood' has been taken over by migrants. But still when I read 'Europe is loaded full' -- where are the statistics?

Perhaps 5% is 'too many' migrants or Muslims for a European context. It is certainly nothing in the context of Asia and the Middle East.

I agree that the European right wing blows these things out of proportion. If you went by the rhetoric or by Europeans on internet chat sites alone, you'd think Europe was on the verge of becoming a caliphate.

However, even though the Muslim community is less than ten or even eight percent in these countries, there's no denying that the sudden migration of millions of Muslims into Europe is a phenomenon that's happened in a relatively short amount of time compared to other immigrations and we can't deny many of these migrants are not very middle or upper class and their children who are forced to grow up in European society, have to deal with all the problems the rest of European society faces in addition to problem particular to the Muslim community as it finds itself in a foreign culture. When this happens, and when one also takes into account the rigid standards for citizenship as well as the historic nationalism of European society that have so often been built on very strict conceptions of racial and cultural superiority, it's only natural that tensions arise.

With that said, it also seems that there's strong resentment on the part of Muslims living in countries like France towards mainstream European society in spite of the fact that European society has provided many Muslims with far greater opportunities than what they had in their old countries, European bigotry put aside. Young second generation Algerians grow up without money or education or a feeling like they belong in Europe. Plus, in the case of France, many of its migrant Muslims come from the former European colonies.

These aren't issues Muslim immigrants in America deal with.

America is a migrant success story. Muslim migrants also get to be treated as full Americans in America regardless of their funny names and funny faces. This is not true in good ol' Europe despite the politically correct language. If you're not white and if you don't speak accent free national language, you are not French or German or English in essence.

I get that, but I guess the question is: Is Europe in such a state where there is no future for its Muslim minorities that the Muslim communities can't help but be sources of lawlessness or violence under the current circumstances? Or does Europe still offer opportunities for the Muslim minorities to make something of themselves in the society?

In the case of America, most Muslims here I think feel that if there is a problem in the society as far as Muslims are concerned, either in how they are treated or in how they are perceived, it can be fixed through hard work and education or becoming active in the system. In Europe, one gets the feeling that a lot of young Muslims from Moroccan, Algerian, or Arab background feel like the situation is hopeless for them and that the only options they have are to join gangs, get involved in crime or depend on radical religious organizations and proceed to blame their problems on European society, seeing themselves as being almost in a state of war with said society. While European attitudes towards foreigners may to some extent encourage this, I personally feel like the success stories of European Muslims shows that in fact Muslims can improve their lot and becomes more accepted in European society if they are willing to try harder and that unlike governments in the world where it may be the case that the only option is humiliation, death or a life of crime, European society does have the channels for Muslims to be successful and improve those areas where they do perhaps suffer from economic hardship or discrimination.

European Muslims' main problem is the lack of quality internal leadership and organization, which leaves the door open for various well-endowed and well-organized radicals to fill the void. And blaming everything on European society or the European government and expected them to fix all the internal problems of the Muslim community doesn't exactly help in this situation.

Edited by Saintly_Jinn23
  • Advanced Member

Ameen haha.

I may sound too Americanized for everyone on here, but I live in America and it's all good here for all people who want to practice their own religion in a peaceful way. Gays/lesbians are not treated negatively much here either. Maybe on the internet and grade school is as far as it will go, but when you get into college or adulthood, then everyone is more mature. No one forces you to do anything other than stick to the law. And I will tell everyone about both Sunni Mosque and Shia Mosque here since I use to be an atheist and then Sunni before I became a Shia. I don't know if this yields true in the different parts of the world, but in the Shia mosque over here, boy and girls actually talk/interact to each other like human beings inside the mosque and its no biggie. For Sunni mosque, its like a sin to talk to the opposite gender at the mosque. Oh and the Shias here don't try to make you change your ethnic culture. When I was Sunni, they tried embracing me to change my culture to arab culture Like wtf, my culture is of east asian lol.

#proud #tobe #eastasian xD

And best place to actually live would probably be Canada cause I actually been there. It's way better than America in my opinion. But more expensive. But yeah... Come take a visit to America, but just remember Americans don't hand the plate to you. Thats what a lot of Saudis (no offense) misunderstand is the fact you don't get personal servants/maids over here when they come here because we don't accept the idealogy of human slaves to each other after marther luther king died lol.

• Veteran Member

Hmm, Helric Fredou must have been very sad about the attack taking place, feeling responsible and having failed Paris. Or the bad ghosts of the attackers haunted him into doing it. (Certainly not going to mention the untrendy raised moslem thing that he was silenced.)

• Forum Administrators

We should always be careful about comparing Muslim countries with developed nations. It's not a like-for-like comparison. It's much better to make comparisons with the relevant peer group i.e. developing non-Muslim countries.

So in the context of this topic, in how many of those countries (which are also wrecked by internecine strife), do you have massive street protests?

The same principle applies when we consider other issues, such as women's rights, press freedom and so on. 

• Moderators

As I said before, I totally disagree with the massacre of the journalists as it is against Sharia. 

At the same time, we should not be sucked into this 'We are all Charlie' garbage secularist propaganda. 

If I were to someday meet these people, I would simply tell them the above plus. 

a Proverb:  If you spend your time viciously slandering a man who is revered by more than 1 billion people, you shouldn't  be surprised if bad things happen to you.

Edited by Abu Hadi

Euro is falling without any support, infaact today it fall more thaan the value it initiaally started in 1999, moronic french dont knwo this and they busy buying cartoons, GOV is sucessfully hiding their failure by keeping people busy in cartoons and other factors. 

Euro is doom and all their users. 

• Veteran Member

(salam)

Marbles, post 165 as-per Peshawar comparison;

This morning, the 14th, BBC's GMT had about 13 solid minutes on the St. Charlie's Day Massacre, but only 1 minute 25 seconds on the Peshawar school. Namely, the arrest by Afghanistan of 5 people associated with the mass murder. BBC also said there were other arrests before.

• Veteran Member

We should always be careful about comparing Muslim countries with developed nations. It's not a like-for-like comparison. It's much better to make comparisons with the relevant peer group i.e. developing non-Muslim countries.

So in the context of this topic, in how many of those countries (which are also wrecked by internecine strife), do you have massive street protests?

The same principle applies when we consider other issues, such as women's rights, press freedom and so on. 

Well yes. The shock value of 10 deaths in peaceful developed countries is equal to the shock value or 100 maybe 1000 deaths in a country inured to violence. That's why when a bomb goes off in a market that kills 50 or 100 people, no one comes out in Kenya or Nigeria etc.

I am sure the Peshawar parent was commenting on the national or collective attitudes of people towards such problems.

• Forum Administrators

A founder of the satirical French magazine Charlie Hebdo has accused its editor, who was killed by masked gunmen last Wednesday, of “dragging the team” to death by publishing provocative cartoons of the Prophet Mohamed.

“What made him feel the need to drag the team into overdoing it?”, The Telegraphreported.

However, the claims made by the magazine’s founder angered Charlie Hebdo lawyer Richard Malka, who has worked for the publication for the past 22 years.

He told Mathieu Pigasse, one of the owners of Nouvel Obs and Le Monde: “Charb has not yet even been buried and Obs finds nothing better to do that to publish a polemical and venomous piece on him.

You'd have thought that Charlie Hebdo's lawyer, of all people, would understand the concept of free speech.

• Advanced Member

Saudi Arabia is a joke LOL Lashing people for the charlie thing whenever they please. They are definitely on the straight path to satan!

When we gonna overthrow this saudi government? I'm looking forward to it.

Complex U.S. relationship with Saudi Arabia:

Edited by narcotic_ice
  • Forum Administrators

The power of the media is that an attack by a handful of 'Muslims' leads people to think that civilisation is under attack by Muslims. In contrast Libya, Syria and Iraq have been brought to their knees by the West and there isn't an equivalent comparison.

Related to the above point, a comment in the Wall Street Journal's, Marke[Edited Out]ch site (of all places):

We in the West hate to acknowledge — and most refuse to believe — that our leaders have been flagrantly wasteful of Muslim lives for a century now, in countless wars and military encounters instigated by overwhelming Western power. What is the message to Muslims of the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq in 2003? More than 100,000 Iraqi civilians — a very conservative estimate — died in a war that was based on utterly false pretenses. The U.S. has never apologized, much less even recognized the civilian slaughter.

Or consider Syria, where an estimated 200,000 Syrians have recently died, 3.7 million have fled the country, and 7.6 million have been internally displaced in a civil war that was stoked in no small part by the U.S., Saudi Arabia, and other allied powers. Since 2011, the CIA and U.S. allies have poured in weapons, finance, and training in an attempt to topple President Bashar al-Assad. For the U.S. and its allies, the war is little more than a proxy battle to weaken Assad’s patrons, Iran and Russia. Yet Syrian civilians are the cannon fodder.

http://www.marke[Edited Out]ch.com/story/how-the-west-fuels-the-war-with-radical-islam-2015-01-15?page=1