Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Slaughter At Charlie Hebdo Magazine In Paris

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The power of the media is that an attack by a handful of 'Muslims' leads people to think that civilisation is under attack by Muslims. In contrast Libya, Syria and Iraq have been brought to their knee

First a media outlet, then a kosher supermarket. Great. The extremists are doing a good job at uniting the liberals, the Christians and the Jews against the menace of "Islam".   Whether it was a false

In my head, this is very simple.  10-12 people get killed by terrorist, world leaders gather to march, people start facebook trends, march in the streets etc etc.    Not so very long ago, a whole bunc

Posted Images

  • Advanced Member

And this is why I refuse to be called a muslim. I rather call myself a Shia for now. But it is true that everyone thinks Shia and Sunni are the same. Therefore, we must enlighten people. I suggest we do everything we can to seperate ourselves from the Sunnis in all angles. Sounds ironic doesn't it? Sounds like I'm suggesting for us to go to the wrong path doesn't it? Well, if you calculate this, in the end Sunnis will be alone on the battle field. It will be the people of the book: christians, jews, shias.

#spreadtheword

I'm not against uniting with Sunnis but Sunnis have allowed themselves to be hijacked by salafists. Until they get rid of the fanatical shia haters who have infiltrated their ranks I refuse to be a proponent of shia Sunni unity in general. I don't have a problem with individual Sunnis who are not salafists but these days most Sunnis share the ideology of ISIS and alqaeda so any general call for unity is misguided.

The french police needs witnesses. Run along.

The 3 involved have been identified. 2 just returned from Syria this summer. Definition of blowback.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not against uniting with Sunnis but Sunnis have allowed themselves to be hijacked by salafists.

 

 

Salafis are the real sunnis. If u dont know anything about Sunni Islam the best thing to do is to keep quiet. Stop mingling sunni shia mess into this scenario. Wahabis doing this wahabis doing that, salafis doing this salafis doing that.  You shias should stop looking for a scapegoat to blame for your failures.

 

 

The 3 involved have been identified. 2 just returned from Syria this summer. Definition of blowback.

 

Identified? by whom? Have u seen the movie Argo? Do u believe in that story too?

 

 

This hit was professional, far more professional than the usual terrorist stuff. Even the size of the soldiers and the way they carried out this attack would indicate the training they had is far more advanced than the usual extremist nutter. The French footage is all fake and spliced together. There is a split second where you can see officials walking around and then the fake terrorists come in and they add in Allah u Akbar. How can a group of fanatics challenge the state's power in a technologically advanced city like Paris. More than a thousand CCTV cameras have been installed in this city. 

 

 

 

The only reason why a "Muslim" would conduct this operation is for the love of his Prophet saw. & once he is done with his "revenge" he has nothing to lose. So running away from the scene proves that it is a well organized conspiracy. 

Edited by Invoker
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member

To be honest. It is only Sunnis who will be pointing to hezbollah. And for the record, why do we need to unite with Sunnis. Maybe Allah was telling us Shias to unite with ourselves, not the Sunnis. Has anyone ever thought about that? Everyday I see Shias with a different set of principles of Islam from the Sunnis. Yet, we still try to do things with the "approval/acceptance/norm" of Sunnis. How ironic. It's time to be different even if it means calling ourselves Shia and not Muslim. Plus in Quran, the word Shia is spelled out so you are not even saying Haram things. Let them Sunnis deny Shias access to Mecca. Let that discrimination reveal itself. It's only a matter of time before Mecca will be saved again. By then, the walls covering Satan's pillars will be removed. And the black coverings of the Kabba will be removed to reveal a white or red covering like it use to be before. The crack on the Kabba that resembles Ali/Fatima will once again be known to the public.

Haha sorry for my fantasy lol

#is #anyone #with #me

 

Well, this is kind of my position nowadays. I'm all for unity with the Sunnis (as long as they want it) but not to the extent that we're shamed in hiding our principles. Also, I mean, how can we ask for unity with the Sunnis when we ourselves are so divided along political persuasion, legal practice and ethnic affiliation?

 

How can there be a Pan-Islamic unity when we don't even Pan-Shi'ite unity?

 

And why should our doctrines and principles have to run through a Sunni barometer of Islamicity?

And of course it isn't fair for us to expect normal Sunnis to readjust themselves to accommodate for a minority of only 15% whom most Sunnis have never even met in person. :donno:

 

We'd probably have more success at all our goals, including Islamic unity, if we focused on training missionaries to spread the love of Ahlul Bayt and working out our internal disagreements on issues like wilayat al-faqih, theology and fiqh. It's funny how there's a historic group of Ahlul Bayt followers in Syria who have been the targets of threats and merciless attacks and rhetoric, yet rather than inviting their scholars for constructive dialogue so they may have a public voice to plead their case, we keep holding feel good seminars with Sunni scholars that seem to go nowhere and congratulate al-Saud on their coronation anniversary, the same people I might add who are supporting Al-Qaeda against the Houthis.

Edited by Saintly_Jinn23
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

The only reason why a "Muslim" would conduct this operation is for the love of his Prophet saw. & once he is done with his "revenge" he has nothing to lose. So running away from the scene proves that it is a well organized conspiracy.

I think you're delusional. And by telling Sunnis what Sunnism is or isn't you are acting just like the atheists and Christians who say that real Islam is the likes of Al-Qaeda and ISIS. Who are you to say what Islam is or isn't?

Anyways, you're not even a Sunni so shut up and leave.

Edited by godzapostle
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member

I think you're delusional. And by telling Sunnis what Sunnism is or isn't you are acting just like the atheists and Christians who say that real Islam is the likes of Al-Qaeda and ISIS. Who are you to say what Islam is or isn't?

 

Typical Salafi logic: Salafism is true Islam, because if it wasn't, it wouldn't be true Islam. :mad:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you're delusional.

 

I think u r a retard.

 

And by telling Sunnis what Sunnism is or isn't you are acting just like the atheists and Christians who say that real Islam is the likes of Al-Qaeda and ISIS.

 

& by telling other shias what salafis are will add nothing to their knowledge. It will only make more of them paranoid who believe their 12th imam has been hiding in a cave for more than a thousand years & God knows when he will come out & slay these "wahabis". Good luck with that.

 

Who are you to say what Islam is or isn't?

 

Who are u to judge about the real sunnis? huh?

Anyways, you're not even a Sunni so shut up and leave.

 

anyways i forgot u were a retard so ur ignorance is forgiven.

Typical Salafi logic: Salafism is true Islam, because if it wasn't, it wouldn't be true Islam. :mad:

 

Typical rafidhi logic: Rafidhism is true islam (naudhubillah) Keep calm, sit at home, combine prayers, practice mutah, forget jihad & blame the wahabis. 

 

 

I wonder if the first three caliphs,  banu ummayah, banu abbas were also salafis/wahabis...  :P

Edited by Invoker
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member

 

Typical rafidhi logic: Rafidhism is true islam (naudhubillah) Keep calm, sit at home, combine prayers, practice mutah, forget jihad & blame the wahabis. 

 

I'd rather perform mutah with a beautiful woman than shoot her for not converting to my religion.

 

 

 

I wonder if the first three caliphs,  banu ummayah, banu abbas were also salafis/wahabis...  :P

 

No, just denizens of the Fire.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

I'd rather perform mutah with a beautiful woman than shoot her for not converting to my religion.

 

 

No, just denizens of the Fire.

Please put your fight on hold for a second and answer this question for me.  I just want to know if this is part of mainstream shia(12er) aqeedah that the first 3 caliphs, banu ummayah and banu abbas are in the hell fire?  I'm not here to argue or even debate this matter, I just want to know what mainstream 12er shia believe on this matter.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd rather perform mutah with a beautiful woman than shoot her for not converting to my religion.

 

Very nice. So if some ignorant fool shoots a woman for not converting to Islam he is deemed to be a salafi... shows how nice debate skills & a rational approach u posses. #Media influence 

 

& cheers for allowing the forum to know that saintly jinn will  perform mutah only with a beautiful woman. 

 

 

 

No, just denizens of the Fire.

 

 

Really....?  & what should be done to those who collaborated with these denizens in the matters of state? ur first imam was an advisor to Sayyidna Umar farooq ra in political matters. & what should be done to those two young fellas who were at guard to protect one of these denizens of fire when he was martyred?

Please put your fight on hold for a second and answer this question for me.  I just want to know if this is part of mainstream shia(12er) aqeedah that the first 3 caliphs, banu ummayah and banu abbas are in the hell fire?  I'm not here to argue or even debate this matter, I just want to know what mainstream 12er shia believe on this matter.

 

 

He just generalized during the show of his ignorance. 

Edited by Invoker
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
Very nice. So if some ignorant fool shoots a woman for not converting to Islam he is deemed to be a salafi...

 

I never said that. i actually think most Salafis are normal people who really don't want to hurt anyone. Doesn't stop their ideology from being ridiculous, their logic being flawed or the fact that they have an exponential amount of nut jobs who think just because you can't get enough halal meat in Europe, there needs to be some kind of revolution or jihad to create a some fantasy of an Islamic state that only exists in their imaginations.

 

At least we generally accept diversity as inevitable because difference in Islamic belief is the price for the Muslims' sins in not accepting Ahlul Bayt from the beginning.

 

 

& cheers for allowing the forum to know that saintly jinn will  perform mutah only with a beautiful woman.

 

I take it you believe the houris are merely average looking then?

 

 

Really....?  & what should be done to those who collaborated with these denizens in the matters of state? ur first imam was an advisor to Sayyidna Umar farooq ra in political matters.

 

Imam Ali (as) hardly had any involvement with Umar's joke of a caliphate. There are only a handful of instances where Umar even sought Ali's advice on political matters.

 

Anyway, it's besides the point, we're not forbidden from advising corrupt leaders in the hopes of preventing disaster or guiding them on the right path, since all governments until the Appointed Time are bound to be flawed. And yes, that includes the Islamic Republic of Iran.

 

 

Please put your fight on hold for a second and answer this question for me.  I just want to know if this is part of mainstream shia(12er) aqeedah that the first 3 caliphs, banu ummayah and banu abbas are in the hell fire?  I'm not here to argue or even debate this matter, I just want to know what mainstream 12er shia believe on this matter.

 

Those who oppress the Ahlul Bayt and their followers are cursed by God.

Edited by Saintly_Jinn23
Link to post
Share on other sites

I never said that. i actually think most Salafis are normal people who really don't want to hurt anyone.

 

So it worked. thank goodness to me!

 

Doesn't stop their ideology from being ridiculous,

 

a human being living in a cave for more than a thousand years... is that rational?

 

 

their logic being flawed or the fact that they have an exponential amount of nut jobs who think just because you can't get halal meat in Europe, there needs to be some kind of revolution or jihad to create a some fantasy of an Islamic state that only exists in their imaginations.

 

 

just like a an exponential amount of weirdo's who think tatbir & zanjeer zani should be performed extensively & promoted as holy tradition, even in the sunni dominated nations. isnt it?

 

 

 

At least we generally accept diversity as inevitable. 

 

 

I dont think u r accepting it, rather proving others to be wrong.  

 

 

 

I take it you believe the houris are merely average looking then?

 

 

Let me tell u that houris is not available for mutah.

 

 

 

Imam Ali (as) hardly had any involvement with Umar's joke of a caliphate.

 

 

joke of a caliphate? How old are u?

 

 

 

Mohammad_adil-Rashidun_empire-slide.gif

 

 

There are only a handful of instances where Umar even sought Ali's advice on political matters.

 

 

How many instances of ur imams cursing the caliphs, or calling them denizens of hell fire are there? one? two? & what about ur 2nd & 3rd imam who were at guard for Sayidna Usman ra?

 

 

 

Anyway, it's besides the point, we're not forbidden from advising corrupt leaders in the hopes of preventing disaster or guiding them on the right path, 

 

 

guiding them on the right path...  L O L exactly how successful was ur first imam in this noble cause? 

 

 

 

Edited by Invoker
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member

^ ^ ^

 

Jesus Christ, learn to quote properly for once.

 

 

a human being living in a cave for more than a thousand years... is that rational?

 

You probably also deny Jesus' return as well. Disgusting.

 

Astaghfirullah.

 

 

just like a an exponential amount of weirdo's who think tatbir & zanjeer zani should be performed extensively & promoted as holy tradition, even in the sunni dominated nations. isnt it?

 

At least the "weirdos" who do tatbir are nice enough to only do non-lethal cuts on their own bodies and then courteous enough to clean up after themselves and keep an ambulance filled with medical supplies nearby instead of driving an ambulance filled of explosives into the middle of a bazaar on its busiest day.

 

 

I dont think u r accepting it, rather proving others to be wrong. 

 

We accept that not everyone will become a Muslim, let alone a Shi'a. Doesn't mean we accept what they say to be true.

 

 

Let me tell u that houris is not available for mutah.

 

What's your point?

 

 

joke of a caliphate? How old are u?

 

I'm sorry if I don't measure the worth of a state by how much it conquers by waging war on surrounding territories.  The cultivation of even 1 true believer is worth more than all the planets of the universe. Umar may as well have ruled an anthill for I care.

 

 

How many instances of ur imams cursing the caliphs, or calling them denizens of hell fire are there? one? two? & what about ur 2nd & 3rd imam who were at guard for Sayidna Usman ra?

 

"Beware! By Allah, the son of Abu Quhafah (Abu Bakr)2 dressed himself with it (the caliphate) and he certainly knew that my position in relation to it was the same as the position of the axis in relation to the hand-mill. The flood water flows down from me and the bird cannot fly upto me. I put a curtain against the caliphate and kept myself detached from it.

 

Then I began to think whether I should assault or endure calmly the blinding darkness of tribulations wherein the grown up are made feeble and the young grow old and the true believer acts under strain till he meets Allah (on his death).

 

....

 

It is strange that during his lifetime he wished to be released from the caliphate but he confirmed it for the other one after his death. No doubt these two shared its udders strictly among themselves. This one put the Caliphate in a tough enclosure where the utterance was haughty and the touch was rough. Mistakes were in plenty and so also the excuses therefore. One in contact with it was like the rider of an unruly camel. If he pulled up its rein the very nostril would be slit, but if he let it loose he would be thrown. Consequently, by Allah people got involved in recklessness, wickedness, unsteadiness and deviation.

 

Nevertheless, I remained patient despite length of period and stiffness of trial, till when he went his way (of death) he put the matter (of Caliphate) in a group4 and regarded me to be one of them. But good Heavens! What had I to do with this “consultation”? Where was any doubt about me with regard to the first of them that I was now considered akin to these ones? But I remained low when they were low and flew high when they flew high.

 

One of them turned against me because of his hatred and the other got inclined the other way due to his in-law relationship and this thing and that thing, till the third man of these people stood up with heaving breasts between his dung and fodder. With him his children of his grand-father, (Umayyah) also stood up swallowing up Allah’s wealth5 like a camel devouring the foliage of spring, till his rope broke down, his actions finished him and his gluttony brought him down prostrate."

 

--Imam Ali (as); Nahjul Balagha, Sermon 3

 

 

 

guiding them on the right path...  L O L exactly how successful was ur first imam in this noble cause?

 

I find it funny how you say "your first imam" for starters. Do you disown Ali? Do you not consider him an Imam? Strange how you present yourself as so pious yet so casually speak blasphemy.

 

Second, Umar choosing Hell instead of Paradise is not Ali's fault anymore than its Moses' fault the Israelites worshiped the calf in spite of having clear proofs of Allah before their eyes and him as a guide. It's not Jesus' fault the Jews rejected him.

 

It is clear to me you Salafis worship worldly success and power, not God. Without a war to wage, a land to conquer and sinners to punish, you have no other center in your lives. I say this not as a sweeping generalization, because I think many otherwise good people have been deceived by the tricks of your tongues. But Salafism is about as on par with Zionism and Nazism as far as cancerous belief systems go.

 

But I'm done here.

Edited by Saintly_Jinn23
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member

Just few days ago Syria complained about illegal entry by French and other governments officials into Syria meeting terrorist groups that they support. France is directly responsible for funding, creating, training and sending these terrorists into Syria that later it also led to the mess in Iraq and Lebanon because of the same terrorist. These Takfiris work for the interest of Zionists that's why they pulled this close to the protest timing in Germany that was also organized by the Zions..

Edited by Noah-
Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as they get religious feed from their homeland, they will continue to behave like retards. If this attack is not another conspiracy, it has created "NEW HEROES" for the "ASHIQ E RUSOOL's" . Good luck for the muslims in europe.

 

 

What i see:   This has nothing to do with satirical comics. This is France being punished for recognizing Palestine. #Mossad_in_action

 

 

 

http://rt.com/news/208187-israel-france-grave-mistake/

It's funny you mention that. I couldn't help but think this was mossad...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

Why are some of you upset that the media is blaming Islamic terrorists? The perpetrators of these crimes were Wahabi/Salafi terrorists who are sympathizers of ISIS. You never hear in the news media that Shia fundamentalists, Ibadi radicals, Sufi militants, etc. attacking or murdering innocent civilians. It's the same group and same gang. They are not Muslims. They are devil worshipers who give verbal assent to the Koran and Mohammed. Stop feeling bad for yourselves because the attackers are not true Muslims but terrorist haters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

It's very wrong to kill these people, but is the, reason of killing, not that they mocked the Holy Prophet (saaw) ? If yes, then you COULD say (I am not saying this) that they should not have done what they did (if that was the reason).

 

What do you guys think? 

 

I can't say they didn't deserve it. It was a long time coming.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are some of you upset that the media is blaming Islamic terrorists? The perpetrators of these crimes were Wahabi/Salafi terrorists who are sympathizers of ISIS. You never hear in the news media that Shia fundamentalists, Ibadi radicals, Sufi militants, etc. attacking or murdering innocent civilians. It's the same group and same gang. They are not Muslims. They are devil worshipers who give verbal assent to the Koran and Mohammed. Stop feeling bad for yourselves because the attackers are not true Muslims but terrorist haters.

 

 

Its true but the world does not differentiate between those groups.. When i go out with a hijab wrapped around my head, receiving so much criticism and insult, no one knows that I'm shiite or sufi ,or whatever .. they just assume that I'm a conservative Muslim. Some even say that Hijabis are the extreme one's and non-Hijabis are the good moderate one's .

 

that's why I'm concerned .. if it was not for the religious symbol i wear on my head, I probably wouldn't have cared .

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member

I can't say they didn't deserve it. It was a long time coming.

Since when is it our job to judge and punish people based off laws that aren't applicable in the country in which they live?  If these people lived in Saudi, or Iran, then sure, put them in front of a court and let a judge hand down punishment.  It is not our place to go around judging random people and punishing them based off something that isn't wrong where they live.  If you think that should happen, then perhaps western countries need to just start carpet bombing large areas of Muslim countries where things like child marriage exist, or where flags of Western countries are burned.

 

Its true but the world does not differentiate between those groups.. When i go out with a hijab wrapped around my head, receiving so much criticism and insult, no one knows that I'm shiite or sufi ,or whatever .. they just assume that I'm a conservative Muslim. Some even say that Hijabis are the extreme one's and non-Hijabis are the good moderate one's .

 

that's why I'm concerned .. if it was not for the religious symbol i wear on my head, I probably wouldn't have cared .

That's why we need to start taking care of these idiots ourselves.  Imagine how many of them would be walking around if they knew they'd get a beating at their masjid for bringing up such extremist throughts?  Better yet, just turn them over to the police and let them get beaten in jail.

 

But again it's mostly up to our normal religious Sunni brothers to take the lead on this, since it's mostly the dumb Sunnis that are doing these things.  Although I'm sure there are dumb Shia that have tried similar things.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member

(salam)

 

A short history of Charlie Hedbo, from the same jerks that brought France Hari Kari, can be found at Wiki.

 

In post 25, Hajj2003 linked to the BBC and quote from that. In the same article is,

.     "Charlie Hedbo is a prime exponent. Its decision to mock

.       the Prophet Muhammad is entirely consistent with its

.       historic  raison d'etre, our correspondent says."

 

This goes with NHK report (08Jan15 -Tokyo) which interview a woman who said -as translated- that she has been following Charlie Hedbo and that it "only attack lslam".

The 2130 07Jan15 BBC report said that Charlie Hedbo weekly "carried no advertising" and relied on donations, which is why "it is in financial difficulties".

 

As the link Hajj2003 shows, other lampoons than lslam appear to be present.

 

Maybe a content study needs to be done by a French speaker/reader.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

End for France? or end for Muslims in France? Clearly the secular politicians will use this to implement more racist laws against Muslims in France.

The end of France it seems because a good fraction of wannabe jihadi ISIS are from France. They still believe in 40+ virgins in heaven loool Lebanese TV Parody Mocks Suicide Bombers: http://youtu.be/VbgpSqnOqok

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

Since when is it our job to judge and punish people based off laws that aren't applicable in the country in which they live? If these people lived in Saudi, or Iran, then sure, put them in front of a court and let a judge hand down punishment. It is not our place to go around judging random people and punishing them based off something that isn't wrong where they live. If you think that should happen, then perhaps western countries need to just start carpet bombing large areas of Muslim countries where things like child marriage exist, or where flags of Western countries are burned.

That's why we need to start taking care of these idiots ourselves. Imagine how many of them would be walking around if they knew they'd get a beating at their masjid for bringing up such extremist throughts? Better yet, just turn them over to the police and let them get beaten in jail.

But again it's mostly up to our normal religious Sunni brothers to take the lead on this, since it's mostly the dumb Sunnis that are doing these things. Although I'm sure there are dumb Shia that have tried similar things.

Sunni terrorist events from western media:

> 9/11 in new york

> boston marathon bombing

> ISIS in Iraq/syria

> stabbing of white female in dubai

> al qaeda around the world

> austrailian hostage killer

> boko haram in Africa

>canadian sunni revert muslim who attacked officers with an axe

> 3 french muslim rampage killers in France

>the brotherhood

> pakistani taliban who murdered those 200+ children in pakistan

>portland's bombing that was stopped

> Saudi officials killing a Shia Cleric in Al Qatif because of freedom of speech

Shia Terrorist events from Western Media:

> syrian chemical gas

There is the list lol. Does it surprise anyone?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

I'd rather perform mutah with a beautiful woman than shoot her for not converting to my religion.

 

BUUUURRRNNN! haha

Edited by Shahreem Ahsan
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member

"Cherif Kouachi, 32, and Said Kouachi, 34, are both French citizens. They returned from war-torn Syria in the summer, USA Today reported, but it's unclear at if they had any recent connections with international terrorist groups." CNN

 

As long as these satan-worshipers were killing innocent people in Syria, the European governments were fine with it, but now they should see the actual result of their works. They were the ones with their little Arab puppets to try to remove Assad and install worldwide terrorist organizations such as Nusra, FSA, ISIS, Ikhwan and many more in Syria, Lebanon, Yemen, Iraqi borders and across the region!

 

Europe needs to wake up, mainly Britain, France, Germany, Austria and..... they should stop organizing and funding these ppl, sending them into Turkey, Jordan, Saudi and Lebanon in order to do the dirty work for them against Iran and Syria in the region.

 

Source regarding post # 54

Syria complains to UN over McCain, Kouchner visits (AFP) -

Syria has complained to the United Nations after US Senator John McCain, former French foreign minister Bernard Kouchner and other prominent figures entered the country without visas.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

The terrorists "left" their ID's in the car...and they were under surveillance since two years,Hebdo was since months under police protection and still this attack could happen...clearly orchestrated.But still muslims need to speak out loud against wahabism and its stupid followers who are used to create fitna everywhere.

Edited by mina313
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Administrators

The problem with the war on Islam is that on the one side it needs an ideology that can galvanise the emotions and motivations of people in the West against Islam.

 

With the removal of Christianity as an organising ideology something is needed to fill the gap. What we have now is an ideology that amongst other things promotes 'freedom of speech' which is used to goad the Muslim extremists. 

 

One of the objectives of the war is to create a fallout which is intended to trap the Muslims in the middle, who are then forced to choose between 'je suis Charlie' and thereby going along with the insults to the Prophet (Pbuh).

 

Ideally Muslims would, IMHO, criticise both Charlie and al-Qaeda. But in the hysteria that is created, Muslims are given an 'either'/ 'or' choice.

 

By choosing the former, Muslims risk diluting their identity and values and as a result susceptible to the same material forces engulfing other cultures. By choosing the latter Muslims alienating themselves from other cultures. 

 

So, in my opinion, in this 'constructed war' both extremist sides are controlled by the same forces.  I say both sides are extremist because freedom of speech can have a number of different interpretations, some more fundamentalist than others. When it comes to Islam the fundamentalist position is adopted, when it comes to other issues, the West circumscribes freedom of speech, and takes a gentler approach.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...