Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Kufis In Battle Of Karbala

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Dear Shia brothers and sisters, I am new here and am posting for the first time. I hope this post will be shown. When I talk to my sunni class fellows and try to convince them that shi'ism is good. It works and they are almost convinced but I get stuck at one point. They say that the kufis who joined Yazid after writting Imam Hussain (A.s) so many letters were also Shia and ask me what I have to say about that. Can someone Please help me so i can reply to them and strengthen my Faith. Your help would be deeply appreciated  

• Advanced Member

Shimr was Shia? Ibn Saad was Shia? Wow, you learn something new every day! -.-

Sorry for my sarcasm but that's... I don't get why people always bring this weak argument up, to be honest. Yes, the Shia of Kufa made a huge mistake and thus, betrayed their Imam (as), no one is denying this.

But Shias can be divided into two groups, one is the above mentioned. Though, honestly, how many of them (if at all) joined the forces of Yazeed? Didn't they stay in Kufa out of fear? These people are being called Shia of Imam Hussain (as)?

And what about those who were killed in Kufa before they could join their Imam? Those like Mukthar who were imprisoned and therefore, unable to reach the Imam? About Hoor who, upon recognizing his mistake, changed the sides and fought for his Imam? And all those brave men who embraced death for their Imam? Aren't these poeple the real Shia?

And no, not all Kufi were Shia, I believe they were even a minority. People like Shimr and the likes (who shot the arrows, trampled the bodies etc...) were not Shia and whoever says something else obviously doesn't know much.

Yes, the Kufis are to be blamed for calling their Imam and then, failing to reach/help him. Though, many of them sought repentance by joining Tawabeen (were they called this?) or Mukhtar and avenge the massacre.

Wa salam.

Edited by Noor al-Batul
  • Veteran Member

Dear Shia brothers and sisters, I am new here and am posting for the first time. I hope this post will be shown. When I talk to my sunni class fellows and try to convince them that shi'ism is good. It works and they are almost convinced but I get stuck at one point. They say that the kufis who joined Yazid after writting Imam Hussain (A.s) so many letters were also Shia and ask me what I have to say about that. Can someone Please help me so i can reply to them and strengthen my Faith. Your help would be deeply appreciated  

Tell them that you follow the steps of those who were in imams army like habeeb and hurr.

• Veteran Member

There is difference in Shias.

One Shia is that who love Imam Ali (as) more then anything.

One Shia is that who hate Mauwiya more then anything.

Both are Shia, can u tell me who will act according to Rule of Allah ?

I hope your answer will be there in the above two conditions.

• Veteran Member

^ this is a Imami cop out sorry

Nobody said oh Hani b urwa u love Ali so u r shia

Oh musayyib b najeeba u hate muawiyah so u r shia

This is a later retro classification to shift blame on nameless kufis

BTW those shia n sunni who blame kufi are sitting in their centrally heated homes sipping on Frappuccino. ..was it easy to rise against ummayyads oppression?

Edited by Panzerwaffe