Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
guest050817

Third Shahadah In Adhan Is A Clear Cut Bidah

Rate this topic

Holy Quran:

"And when it is said to them, "Follow what Allah has revealed," they say, "Rather, we will follow that which we found our fathers doing." Even though their fathers understood nothing, nor were they guided?"

I am going to give you the words of our main classical scholars before the father of Al Majlisi. Who himself lived over a thousand years after our Classical scholars. I refuse to believe our Imams a.s never once mentioned it being even SUNNAH to add it into their Adhan. Our classical scholars never realized themselves it was a Sunnah, fastforward to the 15th and 16th century, where Alama Majlisi approves of it being added as a sunnah without the intention it is in the Adhan - which by the way makes little sense, because if you recite it in the Adhan all the time, and never once miss, it is literally part of the Adhan. If it is only a sunnah, why didn't the Imams a.s even mention it, and why were our classical scholars testifying it was the ghuluw's(exagerrators) who innovated it? Let's wake up. Or will we follow because we found our fathers following?

Did Imam Hussain a.s add the third Shahadah in the Adhan or whoever he asked to recite it on the day of Ashura on the plains of Kerbala? If so, how could the Imam a.s be so ignorant as to forget it is recommended to recite the third Shahadah after the second?

Allaamah Hillee(The man who wrote works on Shiism, and Ibn Taymiyyah wrote his famous refutation Minhaaj as sunnah) One of our great classical scholars (d. 726 AH) has said about the 3rd testimony in the Adhaan and Iqaamah:

و لا يجوز قول «إن عليا ولي اللَّه» و «آل محمد خير البرية» في فصول الآذان، لعدم مشروعيته
 "And it is NOT permissible to say إن عليا ولي اللَّه and آل محمد خير البرية since there is no ruling for it in the sharee'ah"
Source:
1. 'Allaamah Hilli, Nihaayah Al-aHkaam fee ma'rifah al-aHkaam, vol. 1, pg. 412

Here is what Al-Toosi (one of our great reported scholars) (d. 460 AH) had to say about the 3rd testimony in the adhaan.

و أمّا ما روي في شواذّ الأخبار من قول: «أشهد انّ عليا وليّ اللّه و آل محمّد خير البريّة» فممّا لا يعمل عليه في الأذان و الإقامة. فمن عمل بها كان مخطئا
Translation: "The are some odd (shaadh) reports of saying أشهد انّ عليا وليّ اللّه and آل محمّد خير البريّة. You must NOT do it in the Adhaan and Iqaamah. And whoever does this action is in mukhTi (error)"
Source:
1. Al-Toosi, Al-Nihaayah fee Mujarrad Al-Fiqh wa Al-Fataawaa, pg. 69

Sheikh Al Sadooq is one of our great scholars! He lived not too long after the major occultation, and infact, living so close to the time of the Imams a.s relative to the others means he had the ability to see historically events, when they originated and so on. He testifies that the addition of the third Shahadah in Adhan has come from a form of Ghullah, and that may Allah swt curse them!

Here is what Al-Sadooq (d. 381 AH) has said concerning the 3rd testimony. Here are his actual words.

هَذَا هُوَ الْأَذَانُ الصَّحِيحُ لَا يُزَادُ فِيهِ وَ لَا يُنْقَصُ مِنْهُ وَ الْمُفَوِّضَةُ لَعَنَهُمُ اللَّهُ قَدْ وَضَعُوا أَخْبَاراً وَ زَادُوا فِي الْأَذَانِ مُحَمَّدٌ وَ آلُ مُحَمَّدٍ خَيْرُ الْبَرِيَّةِ مَرَّتَيْنِ وَ فِي بَعْضِ رِوَايَاتِهِمْ بَعْدَ أَشْهَدُ أَنَّ مُحَمَّداً رَسُولُ اللَّهِ أَشْهَدُ أَنَّ عَلِيّاً وَلِيُّ اللَّهِ مَرَّتَيْنِ وَ مِنْهُمْ مَنْ رَوَى بَدَلَ ذَلِكَ أَشْهَدُ أَنَّ عَلِيّاً أَمِيرُ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ حَقّاً مَرَّتَيْنِ وَ لَا شَكَّ فِي أَنَّ عَلِيّاً وَلِيُّ اللَّهِ وَ أَنَّهُ أَمِيرُ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ حَقّاً وَ أَنَّ مُحَمَّداً وَ آلَهُ صَلَوَاتُ اللَّهِ عَلَيْهِمْ خَيْرُ الْبَرِيَّةِ وَ لَكِنْ لَيْسَ ذَلِكَ فِي أَصْلِ الْأَذَانِ وَ إِنَّمَا ذَكَرْتُ ذَلِكَ لِيُعْرَفَ بِهَذِهِ الزِّيَادَةِ الْمُتَّهَمُونَ بِالتَّفْوِيضِ الْمُدَلِّسُونَ أَنْفُسَهُمْ فِي جُمْلَتِنَا
Translation: "This is the Authentic / Correct (SaHeeH) adhaan; nothing is to be added or subtracted from it. The mufawwidah's (form of ghullah), may Allaah curse them, have fabricated traditions and have added to the adhaan مُحَمَّدٌ وَ آلُ مُحَمَّدٍ خَيْرُ الْبَرِيَّةِ (Muhammad and the family of Muhammad are the best of mankind) twice. In some of their traditions, after saying أَشْهَدُ أَنَّ مُحَمَّداً رَسُولُ اللَّهِ (I bear witness that Muhammad is the Prophet of Allaah) (they add) أَشْهَدُ أَنَّ عَلِيّاً وَلِيُّ اللَّهِ (I bear witness that 'Alee is the Walee of Allaah) twice. Among them there are others who narrate this أَشْهَدُ أَنَّ عَلِيّاً أَمِيرُ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ (I bear witness that 'Alee is the commander of the faithfull) twice. There is NO doubt that 'Alee is the walee of God and that he is the true commander of the faithful and that Muhammad and his family, peace be upon them, are the best of creatures. However, that is not [part] of the original adhaan. I have mentioned this so that those who have been accused of concocting tafweed and have insulated themselves in our ranks should be known."
Source:
1. Al-Sadooq, Man Laa YaHduruh Al-Faqeeh, vol. 1, pg. 290 - 291

Please visit Nader Zaveri's Blog for the full breakdown: http://www.revivingalislam.com/2010/06/3rd-testimony-in-adhaan-and-iqaamah.html

What has been proven to you today:

1. The addition of the third Shahadah has come from Ghulluw's, those who exagerrated the status of the Imams a.s , and are cursed.

2. Our ancient scholars forbade reciting it, and some didn't address it perhaps before.

3. There is not a single authentic hadith of our Imams a.s EVER adding the third Shahadah as a Sunnah in their Adhan. If it was a meritious act, why is there not one hadith of them doing it or even telling us to add it as a sunnah?

4. On the contrary, i have provided you proof it was started by the Ghulluw.

5. We must admit, while we shias are closer to the truth God knowing, we have our flaws.

6. Until the age of 15, a while ago, i used to think it was part of the Adhan as many of us are brainwashed into thinking at maderessa. My Adhan's therefore, were all batil.

I have seen lecture after lecture, but nothing justifies adding it in the third Shahadah in my view, and in the view of classical scholars.

Edited by Tawheed313

May Allah bless these scholars and raise them with our Imams A.S. No one says it with the intention that is part of the quran. Here is Sistani h.a for ya:

928. Ash hadu anna Amiral Mu'minina 'Aliyyan Waliyyullah ( I testify that the Commander of the faithful, Imam Ali (AS) is the vicegerent of Allah) is not a part of either Adhan or Iqamah. But it is preferable that it is pronounced after Ash hadu anna Muhammadan Rasulul lah with the niyyat of Qurbat.

www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2216/

(wasalam) and Ya Ali A.S

May Allah bless these scholars and raise them with our Imams A.S. No one says it with the intention that is part of the quran. Here is Sistani h.a for ya:

928. Ash hadu anna Amiral Mu'minina 'Aliyyan Waliyyullah ( I testify that the Commander of the faithful, Imam Ali (as) is the vicegerent of Allah) is not a part of either Adhan or Iqamah. But it is preferable that it is pronounced after Ash hadu anna Muhammadan Rasulul lah with the niyyat of Qurbat.

www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2216/

(wasalam) and Ya Ali A.S

Salamunalaykum, and Ya Allah swt,

Could you kindly address the following points:

1. Why is there not a shred of proof of a single Imam a.s who recited it, or prescribed it as part of the Adhan or Iqamah with the intention it is a Sunnah and not actually in the adhan?

2. Why did it take Ghuluw's to implement it in their Adhans, for Majlisi r.a to justify it, while every shia scholar in ancient times either ignored it or spoke out against?

What you are essentially saying is: Yes, i know the addition of the third Shahdah in Adhan was started by the extremists and those who exagerrated the status of the Imams a.s, and yes, i know there is not a single hadith we have of the Imams a.s adding it to the Adhan we can deem trustworthy, or even saying it needs to be recited as a sunnah. Yes our foundational classical scholars spoke out against it. But we shia's will still recite every single Adhan with it with the intention it is Sunnah none the less. It is not part of the Adhan but we will never recite the Adhan without including it?

Did Imam Hussain a.s add the third Shahadah in the Adhan or whoever he asked to recite it on the day of Ashura on the plains of Kerbala? If so, how could the Imam a.s be so ignorant as to forget it is recommended to recite the third Shahadah after the second?

Edited by Tawheed313

Salamunalaykum, and Ya Allah swt,

Could you kindly address the following points:

1. Why is there not a shred of proof of a single Imam a.s who recited it, or prescribed it as part of the Adhan or Iqamah with the intention it is a Sunnah?

2. Why did it take Ghuluw's to implement it in their Adhans, for Majlisi r.a to justify it, while every shia scholar in ancient times either ignored it or spoke out against?

(wasalam)

Sure.

1. There doesnt need to be. 

2. Testifying the wilayah of Imamate from Allah, is something that is already indoctrinated. There is nothing wrong with that. The issue is adding on to something that is established in Fiq, thus, when someone claims it is part of for example the athan, then there is an issue. The testimony itself isnt the problem. Why do you pray? What is prayer, if it is not testifying to Allah your submission? What is the highest form of submission, if there is not the submission to the command of Allah and His Rasul, obeying allegiance to the commander of the faithful? In fact, some scholars recommend saying it in the time where people are openly against wilayah. Simple, if you dont want to say it, dont. Problem solved.

Ya Ali A.S!

(wasalam)

Sure.

1. There doesnt need to be. 

2. Testifying the wilayah of Imamate from Allah, is something that is already indoctrinated. There is nothing wrong with that. The issue is adding on to something that is established in Fiq, thus, when someone claims it is part of for example the athan, then there is an issue. The testimony itself isnt the problem. Why do you pray? What is prayer, if it is not testifying to Allah your submission? What is the highest form of submission, if there is not the submission to the command of Allah and His Rasul, obeying allegiance to the commander of the faithful? In fact, some scholars recommend saying it in the time where people are openly against wilayah. Simple, if you dont want to say it, dont. Problem solved.

Ya Ali A.S!

Did Imam Hussain a.s include it in the Adhan on the plains of Kerbala, a time where many forgot or abandoned the wilayah? How could he be doing taqqiyah when death was already certain. Therefore why did he forget the recommendation to recite the third Shadahah after the second, with the intention it is not part of the Adhan? In fact, if there was a time to add it, it was that time.

Lastly, why did it take the Ghuluw to add it into their Adhans for shia's to finally realise it was supposed to be added there as a sunnah not intended as part of the Adhan?

Why were our most emminent classical scholars not only ignorant of this, but against it?

Walakyumusalam, Ya Allah Bihaqqi Muhammed wa ale Muhammed a.s

Edited by Tawheed313

SHAHDA (Testament of Faith)

ASH-HADO AN LA ILAHA ILLALLAH

(I bear witness that there is no God But Allah)

WAHDAHOO LA SHAREEKA LAH
(The one, Who has no Partner)

WA ASH-HADO ANNA MUHAMMADUN ABDOHOO WA RASOOLULLAH
(and I bear witness that Muhammad is His Slave and Messenger.

ASH-HADO AN ALIYUN WALEEULLAH, WASI-O-RASOOLILAH

(I bear witness that Ali is the friend of Allah, rightful executor of the Will of the Prophet)

Testimony to Ali’s (a.s) wilayah in Adhan

As the final discussion of this chapter, I quote the research-based statements of Allamah Sharaf Al-Din, in Al-Nass wa’l-Ijtihad, to illuminate the issue of the testimony to Ali’s (a.s) Wilayah in Adhan:

Adhan includes eighteen phrases, in our view as followers of Imamiyyah; Allahu Akbar (Allah is great) four times; Ashhadu An La Ilaha Illa Allah (I testify that there is no deity but Allah) twice; Ashhadu Anna Muhammadan Rasoul Allah (I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah) twice; Hayya Ala al-Salat(Hurry to prayer) twice; Hayya Ala al-Falah (Hurry to salvation) twice; Hayya Ala Khayr al-Amal (Hurry to the best of deed) twice; Allahu Akbar (Allah is great) twice; La Ilaha Illa Allah (There is no deity but Allah) twice.”

iqamah is composed of seventeen phrases which are the same as Adhan’s, each repeated twice, except La Ilaha Illa Allah (There is no deity but Allah) which is said once; and between Hayya Ala Khayr al-Amal (Hurry to the best of deed) and Allahu Akbar (Allah is great), there are two times of Qad Qaamat al-Salat (Surely prayer was established).

Tribute to Muhammad and his Household (saying “اللهم صلِّ على مُحَمَّد وآل مُحَمَّد” Allahumma Salli Ala Muhammad(in) wa Aali Muhammad) after mentioning the name of the Prophet (a.s) is recommended as is completing the testimonies by the testimony to the Wilayah and Imamate of Ali (a.s), in both Adhan and iqamah.

Whoever has denied the testimony to Ali’s Wilayah in Adhan, regarding it as heresy, has made mistake and has as uncommon belief. The caller to Adhan in Islam [usually added phrases to the beginning and the end ofAdhan—phrases that are not derived from the religion, but still they are not heresy and adding them is not forbidden. The reason is that the callers to Adhan do not consider these phrases as parts of Adhan, and include them just due to the general arguments.81 The testimony to Ali’s Wilayah is subject to these general arguments. Moreover, short phrases from the people themselves do not nullify Adhan and iqamah.82 To say these during Adhan and iqamah is therefore not forbidden…”83

Consequently, since naming Ali (a.s) is as worship, there is no doubt about the preference of mentioning his name in general and in Adhan, in particular. As Muttaqi Hindi narrates in Kanz Al-Ummal:

ذِكْرُ عَلِيٍّ عِبادَةٌ.

Mentioning Ali’s name is as worship.84

Edited by S.M.H.A.

SHAHDA (Testament of Faith)

ASH-HADO AN LA ILAHA ILLALLAH

(I bear witness that there is no God But Allah)

WAHDAHOO LA SHAREEKA LAH

(The one, Who has no Partner)

WA ASH-HADO ANNA MUHAMMADUN ABDOHOO WA RASOOLULLAH

(and I bear witness that Muhammad is His Slave and Messenger.

ASH-HADO AN ALIYUN WALEEULLAH, WASI-O-RASOOLILAH

(I bear witness that Ali is the friend of Allah, rightful executor of the Will of the Prophet)

Testimony to Ali’s (a.s) wilayah in Adhan

As the final discussion of this chapter, I quote the research-based statements of Allamah Sharaf Al-Din, in Al-Nass wa’l-Ijtihad, to illuminate the issue of the testimony to Ali’s (a.s) Wilayah in Adhan:

Adhan includes eighteen phrases, in our view as followers of Imamiyyah; Allahu Akbar (Allah is great) four times; Ashhadu An La Ilaha Illa Allah (I testify that there is no deity but Allah) twice; Ashhadu Anna Muhammadan Rasoul Allah (I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah) twice; Hayya Ala al-Salat(Hurry to prayer) twice; Hayya Ala al-Falah (Hurry to salvation) twice; Hayya Ala Khayr al-Amal (Hurry to the best of deed) twice; Allahu Akbar (Allah is great) twice; La Ilaha Illa Allah (There is no deity but Allah) twice.”

iqamah is composed of seventeen phrases which are the same as Adhan’s, each repeated twice, except La Ilaha Illa Allah (There is no deity but Allah) which is said once; and between Hayya Ala Khayr al-Amal (Hurry to the best of deed) and Allahu Akbar (Allah is great), there are two times of Qad Qaamat al-Salat (Surely prayer was established).

Tribute to Muhammad and his Household (saying “اللهم صلِّ على مُحَمَّد وآل مُحَمَّد” Allahumma Salli Ala Muhammad(in) wa Aali Muhammad) after mentioning the name of the Prophet (a.s) is recommended as is completing the testimonies by the testimony to the Wilayah and Imamate of Ali (a.s), in both Adhan and iqamah.

Whoever has denied the testimony to Ali’s Wilayah in Adhan, regarding it as heresy, has made mistake and has as uncommon belief. The caller to Adhan in Islam [usually added phrases to the beginning and the end ofAdhan—phrases that are not derived from the religion, but still they are not heresy and adding them is not forbidden. The reason is that the callers to Adhan do not consider these phrases as parts of Adhan, and include them just due to the general arguments.81 The testimony to Ali’s Wilayah is subject to these general arguments. Moreover, short phrases from the people themselves do not nullify Adhan and iqamah.82 To say these during Adhan and iqamah is therefore not forbidden…”83

Consequently, since naming Ali (a.s) is as worship, there is no doubt about the preference of mentioning his name in general and in Adhan, in particular. As Muttaqi Hindi narrates in Kanz Al-Ummal:

ذِكْرُ عَلِيٍّ عِبادَةٌ.

Mentioning Ali’s name is as worship.84

Did Imam Hussain a.s include it in the Adhan on the plains of Kerbala, a time where many forgot or abandoned the wilayah? How could he be doing taqqiyah when death was already certain. Therefore why did he forget the recommendation to recite the third Shadahah after the second, with the intention it is not part of the Adhan? In fact, if there was a time to add it, it was that time.

Lastly, why did it take the Ghuluw to add it into their Adhans for shia's to finally realise it was supposed to be added there as a sunnah not intended as part of the Adhan?

Why were our most emminent classical scholars not only ignorant of this, but against it?

Why is there not a single authentic narration of our Imams ever even adding it once to their Adhan  - where the Imams themselves ignorant of the Sunnah to add the third Shahadah after the second?

Edited by Tawheed313

Did Imam Hussain a.s include it in the Adhan on the plains of Kerbala, a time where many forgot or abandoned the wilayah? How could he be doing taqqiyah when death was already certain. Therefore why did he forget the recommendation to recite the third Shadahah after the second, with the intention it is not part of the Adhan?

Walakyumusalam, Ya Allah Bihaqqi Muhammed wa ale Muhammed a.s

Why does Shia say: The sentence “Ashhadu anna alian waliullah” must be repeated in Adhan?

(wasalam) and Ya Ali A.S!

2. A tradition narrated from Imam Ja’far al-Sadiq (a.s.) states that whenever one mentions the Risalah (that he is ‘Messenger’) of the Prophet (s.a.w.), it is recommended to testify to the Wilayah of Imam Ali (a.s.). [al-Ihtijaaj, p. 83]

3. Another tradition from the holy Prophet (s.a.w.) states:

“من قال لا إله إلا اللهو محمّد رسول الله فلیقل علیٌ امیرالمومنین ولیّ الله.”

“Whoever says ‘La ilaha illa Allah, Muhammad Rasul Allah’, must also say ‘Ali Amir al-Mu’mineen Wali Allah’. [bihar al-Anwar, vol. 27, p. 26]

Source: http://www.askthesheikh.com/why-do-we-add-the-third-testimony-in-the-adhan-call-to-prayers/

Why does Shia say: The sentence “Ashhadu anna alian waliullah” must be repeated in Adhan?

(wasalam) and Ya Ali A.S!

2. A tradition narrated from Imam Ja’far al-Sadiq (a.s.) states that whenever one mentions the Risalah (that he is ‘Messenger’) of the Prophet (s.a.w.), it is recommended to testify to the Wilayah of Imam Ali (a.s.). [al-Ihtijaaj, p. 83]

3. Another tradition from the holy Prophet (s.a.w.) states:

“من قال لا إله إلا اللهو محمّد رسول الله فلیقل علیٌ امیرالمومنین ولیّ الله.”

“Whoever says ‘La ilaha illa Allah, Muhammad Rasul Allah’, must also say ‘Ali Amir al-Mu’mineen Wali Allah’. [bihar al-Anwar, vol. 27, p. 26]

Source: http://www.askthesheikh.com/why-do-we-add-the-third-testimony-in-the-adhan-call-to-prayers/

Dear brother,

If that is the case then:

1. Why is there not a single hadith from our Imam a.s we can verify as authentic, where they add or recommend the third Shahadah in the Adhan as a sunnah not intended to be part of it ?

2. Did Imam Hussain a.s recite the third Shahadah after the second in his Adhan on the plains of Kerbala? If so, did he forget the recommendation to recite the third Shahadah after the second?

3. Our Classical scholars had the hadiths you have spoken of, some even helped produce scholarly works of their own. They lived closest to the times of the Imams a.s, and they themselves attest the third Shahadah in the Adhan was innovated by the Ghuluw.

Edited by Tawheed313

Prophet Muhammad [pbuhahp] and Ahlul Bayth[as], Glorified Allah[swt].

In return Allah[swt] glorified them in this world. Imam Ali[as] name was cursed by the followers of Iblis for many years- Now this name will be glorified till the day of Judgement.

Imam Hussain[as] was butchered on the plains of Karbala, to save Islam. His name and memory will stay alive till the day of Judgement.

Allah[swt] is Testified/ Glorified by the Prophet Muhammad[pbuhahp], Ahlul Bayth[as] Testify/glorify Prophet Muhammad[pbuhahp] and Allah[swt], we Testify/glorify Ahlul Bayth[as], Prophet Muhammad[pbuhahp] and Allah[swt]. . [Logical] hence our Shahada./Testament of Faith.

Take a lesson from History, Whoever opposed Prophet Muhammad[pbuhahp] and Ahlul Bayth[as], was/is/will be accursed in this world/next.

Edited by S.M.H.A.

I said this before and I will mention it again.

If people say "Allahu akbar" and do everything in Salah, and then add Aliyan waliyallah, saying it's not a Salah, it's just an act of worship that looks like Salah, would it be biddah?

I think it would be. I think Aliyan waliyallah is part of Shia Adan even if it's not officially considered part of it for the same reason as that would be a form of Salah that is a bida even if it was called something else.

On 12/28/2014 at 12:13 PM, guest050817 said:

"And when it is said to them, "Follow what Allah has revealed," they say, "Rather, we will follow that which we found our fathers doing." Even though their fathers understood nothing, nor were they guided?"sical scholars.

The big question is -------  Is every bidat wrong in the eyes of God?

What about using the laptop and the mobile?

What about travelling by car, train or plane?

All bidat?

1 hour ago, baqar said:

The big question is -------  Is every bidat wrong in the eyes of God?

What about using the laptop and the mobile?

What about travelling by car, train or plane?

All bidat?

I think you’re comparing apples and oranges. Advances in human life do not equate to changes in doctrine of religion.

I know you are trying to find a way to mitigate the innovation of the third testimony in adhan by calling it a good innovation, but this is what Umar called taraweeh too. If you are against taraweeh then you should be against the third testimony in adhan as well.

5 hours ago, 786:) said:

Advances in human life do not equate to changes in doctrine of religion.

You did not answer my question.

My question was  "Is every bidat wrong in the eyes of God?"

And I would like to add "If so, why?"

12 hours ago, baqar said:

You did not answer my question.

My question was  "Is every bidat wrong in the eyes of God?"

And I would like to add "If so, why?"

Your question is invalid and you fail to understand bidah 

1 hour ago, Panzerwaffe said:

Your question is invalid and you fail to understand bidah 

Well, would you be good enough to explain?

And f you can throw some light on it, I would also like to know where this concept originates from.

See, topics like this confuse me.  I'm not trying to be an off-topic troll, but this is completely inconsistent.  

You can "add" the line about Ali in the Adhaan, even though it was never said during the time of Muhammad.  But if Sunnis add "Prayer is better than sleep," that's a bidah?  Is it because it's bidah, or is it because it's bidah added by Umar?

2 hours ago, GabrielWithoutWings said:

if Sunnis add "Prayer is better than sleep," that's a bidah?

These are two completely different type of innovations, and note that intention is super important. Their intention is that this is an authentic part of the Adhan. For some reason the innovations of the companions become part and parcel to their acts of worship and supersedes how the act would otherwise be performed.  Their "good innovations" are taken as being so good that they should replace the way Muhammad (S) taught it, because the companions were so close to him (among other theological doctrines and presumptions) that they supposedly knew what Muhammad would have wanted. Whereas Jafari Shias are simply adding "dhikr" or "salawat" or "tashahhud" or "dua" with the intention that it is not part of the adhan whatsoever. These are simply recommended acts of worship that can be added in any situation. It is seperate from the adhan in intention. These are our good innovations. The divinely appointed Imams (a) serve to protect the teachings of Muhammad (s). Whereas the Sunnis inadvertently give higher status to the companions over the Prophet (s).

2 hours ago, GabrielWithoutWings said:

is it because it's bidah added by Umar?

Yes, this has a substantial reason to do with it. Since Umar instituted it, this clear cut prevents us from extending the 'separate intention' argument to include 'prayer is better than sleep". Regardless, "Prayer is better than sleep" is totally unsubstantiated in Islam. So this wouldn't be an established dhikr, dua, etc. It could never be included when reciting the adhan.

Note: this is all my best judgement/opinion. It does not necessarily reflect the scholarly views.

On 3/20/2020 at 11:51 PM, AmirioTheMuzzy said:

These are two completely different type of innovations, and note that intention is super important. Their intention is that this is an authentic part of the Adhan. For some reason the innovations of the companions become part and parcel to their acts of worship and supersedes how the act would otherwise be performed.  Their "good innovations" are taken as being so good that they should replace the way Muhammad (S) taught it, because the companions were so close to him (among other theological doctrines and presumptions) that they supposedly knew what Muhammad would have wanted. Whereas Jafari Shias are simply adding "dhikr" or "salawat" or "tashahhud" or "dua" with the intention that it is not part of the adhan whatsoever. These are simply recommended acts of worship that can be added in any situation. It is seperate from the adhan in intention. These are our good innovations. The divinely appointed Imams (a) serve to protect the teachings of Muhammad (s). Whereas the Sunnis inadvertently give higher status to the companions over the Prophet (s).

Yes, this has a substantial reason to do with it. Since Umar instituted it, this clear cut prevents us from extending the 'separate intention' argument to include 'prayer is better than sleep". Regardless, "Prayer is better than sleep" is totally unsubstantiated in Islam. So this wouldn't be an established dhikr, dua, etc. It could never be included when reciting the adhan.

Note: this is all my best judgement/opinion. It does not necessarily reflect the scholarly views.

All these arguments are really unnecessary quibbles.  

For Sunnis, if Omar Ibn Khattab (رضي الله عنه) taught something, it is pretty authoritative.  It is like  if Imam Ali (عليه السلام) were to pass a hukm it becomes authoritative no matter how apparently contradictory it would appears to what was previously understood or taught by the Prophet (S) (not that this has ever happened, or maybe it has I don;t know).   The point I am making is not that Omar (رضي الله عنه) and Imam Ali (عليه السلام) would ever say anything contradictory to the Prophet (S), it is that just like how Shias know about the Prophetic message from Imam Ali (عليه السلام), so also Sunnis learn about how to practice the religion of Prophet (S) from Omar (رضي الله عنه) (mainly because of the confidence the Prophet (S) placed in Omar (ra)).  

By the way, there is a really interesting series on Omar ibn Khattab (رضي الله عنه) I recommend Shias to watch.  It will hopefully allow you to see things from a different angle.  The entire Series is not just on Omar, it is basically the entire life of the Prophet (S).  

It is free on Islamic City.      

https://www.islamicity.org/9106/omar-ibn-khattab-series/

1 minute ago, eThErEaL said:

if Imam Ali (عليه السلام) were to pass a hukm it becomes authoritative no matter how apparently contradictory it would appears to what was previously understood or taught by the Prophet (S)

No, the role of Imamate is to perfectly preserve the message of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم), not to add or take things away.

5 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

It is free on Islamic City.      

https://www.islamicity.org/9106/omar-ibn-khattab-series/

Are you willing to watch these videos:

92128989_1434828846688797_51268532409099

Usool e kafi volume 4 Chapter of Taqqiyah

lets see what Imam is saying: (Ignore mistakes just understand whats written)

Imam (عليه السلام) said save your deen from opponents and hide it by (practicing) taqqiyah. 
Highlighted portion:
"you are between your opponents just like a honey bee is between birds, if they come to know what's inside it (bee), they would eat it."

and it goes on.

Would it really be possible in such conditions to go out and call third testimony in azaan aloud?

Now do you understand why Ali un wali ullah was hidden? since it was main identity of Shias.

Qur'an 5:3

الْيَوْمَ أَكْمَلْتُ لَكُمْ دِينَكُمْ وَأَتْمَمْتُ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعْمَتِي وَرَضِيتُ لَكُمُ الْإِسْلَامَ دِينًا
Allah doesn't accept deen without Wilayat e Ali (عليه السلام)

Qur'an 5:67

يَا أَيُّهَا الرَّسُولُ بَلِّغْ مَا أُنزِلَ إِلَيْكَ مِن رَّبِّكَ وَإِن لَّمْ تَفْعَلْ فَمَا بَلَّغْتَ رِسَالَتَهُ وَاللَّهُ يَعْصِمُكَ مِنَ النَّاسِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يَهْدِي الْقَوْمَ الْكَافِرِين

Allah doesn't accept Risalat e Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) without declaration of Wilayat e Ali (عليه السلام)

Either say Azaan/Iqamah are out of deen

else if they are deen then please accept they are not kamil and Allah isn't razi with them without wilayat e Ali (عليه السلام)

W.S

break this if you dare

7 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

By the way, there is a really interesting series on Omar ibn Khattab (رضي الله عنه) I recommend Shias to watch.  It will hopefully allow you to see things from a different angle.  The entire Series is not just on Omar, it is basically the entire life of the Prophet (S).  

Slam this is just an Imaganation of Wahabists from Umar not real Umar so they tried to make a legendary Umar in this series that has no relation to real Umar .

42 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

You are forgetting that I grew up hearing these guys.  Not impressed.

Apologies for my harshness, but I was once fooled by the Sunni narrative and the "not that bad" narrative, and I still have a bitter taste in my mouth. 

1 hour ago, MohammadAli1993 said:

Salam brother, 

I was wondering what your beliefs are

U Sunni or Shia?

He proclaimed himself a Sunni on this forum earlier this year. Though even prior to that, he held some of their beliefs.