Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
chiefkeef

Slits In Eyebrows

Rate this topic

Subjective.

Erm, plucked brows on men are the gayest thing.

They should probably wax their beards and legs too while they at it.

Unibrow > plucked brow.

Ukh please, masculinity is going to be extinct sooner than I thought. :dry:

Bro i dont see the wrong in waxing legs, if for example you do fitness/bodybuilding and it makes your legs look stronger and more defineD. But yes you have some points.

Well I don't think nowadays it could be considered a feminine thing to pluck your eyebrows. It depends on hoe much you pluck them I guess. But all in all, it is halal to do so if you are not imitating women. Depends on where you live I guess.

Men aren't allowed to clean shave their beards, but you're telling me plucking their eyebrows is ok?

If you live somewhere that it's ok to pluck your eyebrows I suggest you move.

Could you imagine the Prophet (saww) or the A'immah (as) doing such a thing? Astaghfirullah.

How about more men learn horse-riding and archery and leave petty things like their eyebrows alone.

Seriously, this world scares me.

In all honesty eklekticist, I really believe the things you say are more linked to the time we live rather to morality. I can't imagine muslims of the time of the prophet plucking their eyebrows the same way I can't imagine them wearing jeans.

However, I believe you are wrong. Someone shouldn't leave a place where men do pluck their eyebrows, wax their body hair and wear earrings for example. I do these things and don't feel nor I'm seen less manly. The prohibition of such things usually came in the sense that if it is a feminine thing, one should refrain from it. However if you live in a region where that is really normal and not feminine, you shouldn't leave (unless you have inner conflicts or personal beliefs or preferences about this issue). I'm young and didn't receive a conservative or moderate education so I have never seen anything wrong with these things. But if there is a real conflict between these and Islam, you know... we need sources. Otherwise I will respect your opinion and wouldn't encourage any men who may feel plucking their eyebrows as something feminine or wrong to do it.

Manlihood is not threatened at all by plucking eyebrows imo. A real lack I see nowadays in men is the lack of character and personality (I wod even say many of them became religious to gain some personality), not some hairs in the middle of their eyebrows. Yet, as always, we tend to worry more about the outside (Not talking about you Eklek, I know you are taking from a religious rather than a personal point of view).

In all honesty eklekticist, I really believe the things you say are more linked to the time we live rather to morality. I can't imagine muslims of the time of the prophet plucking their eyebrows the same way I can't imagine them wearing jeans.

However, I believe you are wrong. Someone shouldn't leave a place where men do pluck their eyebrows, wax their body hair and wear earrings for example. I do these things and don't feel nor I'm seen less manly. The prohibition of such things usually came in the sense that if it is a feminine thing, one should refrain from it. However if you live in a region where that is really normal and not feminine, you shouldn't leave (unless you have inner conflicts or personal beliefs or preferences about this issue). I'm young and didn't receive a conservative or moderate education so I have never seen anything wrong with these things. But if there is a real conflict between these and Islam, you know... we need sources. Otherwise I will respect your opinion and wouldn't encourage any men who may feel plucking their eyebrows as something feminine or wrong to do it.

Manlihood is not threatened at all by plucking eyebrows imo. A real lack I see nowadays in men is the lack of character and personality (I wod even say many of them became religious to gain some personality), not some hairs in the middle of their eyebrows. Yet, as always, we tend to worry more about the outside (Not talking about you Eklek, I know you are taking from a religious rather than a personal point of view).

I disagree with you bro, I think plucking eyebrows is a step too far for men. But to each their own.

Some parents can be reaaally weird sometimes. If feel you. As for the original question: I don't recall trimming/cutting anything other than you beard being haram. It's more the screwed up society in which we live in today where girls think a boy with a unibrow is disgusting and parents saying it's sexy to keep it and gay to cut it. Happy cutting!

He's not referring to removing a unibrow, he's referring to making vertical "cuts"/"slits" toward the outer periphery of the eyebrow. It was initially associated with being "gangster" but now it's a common fashion trend among the "bad" boys in the West.