Sign in to follow this  
AliSaleh

Asian Cup In Australia

Rate this topic

Iraq will most likely beat Palestine, and Japan will most likely beat Jordan. So Iraq will probably advance.

The sad thing is that this means Iran will face Iraq in the next round.

I like how Iran's been playing. Three games; three wins; three clean sheets. I can't complain. But they can't score goals. They are pretty much doomed if they were ever to allow an early goal.

Iraq will most likely beat Palestine, and Japan will most likely beat Jordan. So Iraq will probably advance.

The sad thing is that this means Iran will face Iraq in the next round.

I like how Iran's been playing. Three games; three wins; three clean sheets. I can't complain. But they can't score goals. They are pretty much doomed if they were ever to allow an early goal.

Iran has a very good defense.

^ Quieroz stated when he first got the job that he wanted to emphasize defence. To be honest it's probably the first time any of these guys got proper fundamental training on how to play defence. It's had some pretty good results so far. The Bosnia game in the World Cup is the only exception I can think of, but by then the team was completely demoralized anyway. (Iranian footballers have a history of moral weakness/sensitivity).

^ Quieroz stated when he first got the job that he wanted to emphasize defence. To be honest it's probably the first time any of these guys got proper fundamental training on how to play defence. It's had some pretty good results so far. The Bosnia game in the World Cup is the only exception I can think of, but by then the team was completely demoralized anyway. (Iranian footballers have a history of moral weakness/sensitivity).

I also find that the Iranians players are physically strong and use that as an advantage... before Carlos Quieroz became coach, were they like this or not?

Also, apparently, FIFA sanctions against the Iranian FA has affected Iran's football in recent years. Is this statement true?

InshaAllah Iran will defeat Iraq!

But I didnt like that Iraq and Iran play soon!

Iraq must say bye to Cup!

The Arab Lions, even if they lose, will do so in honour. But if I were you I'd be scared, very scared.

The Arab Lions, even if they lose, will do so in honour. But if I were you I'd be scared, very scared.

I m not scared at all!an Iranian?fear?I think now u must be scared soooo much!

Btw these matches r not important so much for me!I even cant watch them.coz I m at school that time

Edited by Life=Abbas

I m not scared at all!an Iranian?fear?I think now u must be scared soooo much!

Btw these matches r not important so much for me!I even cant watch them.coz I m at school that time

Lol. Arabs have always been the best ;)

I think the result is very clear: Iran will kick Iraq out. 

However, may Allah bless Muhammad wa Ahle Muhammad.

So much for having that lion spirit! You're Iraqi, don't give up.

Obviously, it would be bittersweet for me if Iran wins. I (almost) always support Iraq's team.

But ultimately, Iraq has won an Asian Cup recently. Iran hasn't. And the last time they won was pre-revolution. I couldn't care less about that c.rap. I wish they wouldn't have won that in a hundred years.

So as bittersweet as it would be, I am all in for Iran. In addition to the joy of winning Asia, they would gain much-needed experience at the Confederations Cup, which would give them some proper competition to get ready for the Russia World Cup (if they qualify, of course).

By the way, guys, there were no draws in the group stages of this Asian Cup. I think that's never happened before in any major international tournament.

Also, Qatar was eliminated without a single point. (And these guys get an automatic bid for 2022?!?!?!? Go to hell Seph Bladder.)

Edited by baradar_jackson

Blatter is a failiure, I don't understand why he's always elected... maybe it's because all the confederations like Africa and Asia always vote for him (sigh...).

How long has he been FIFA president? 10-15 years?