Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

If Imam Ali(S) Was Today He Would Be?

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

If imam Ali was present today he would chose to be sunni and main stream muslim.

He would be praying like the way mass prays

He would not be abusing any of previous khalifah

He would be respecting wives of Muhamed(s)

He would like to start and end his ramadan with mass of people who are muslim

He would not like the idea of dividing mosques

He would be against blood matam

He would be aginst fitnah

this way Islam would be more glorious-united- and strong.

wallah ho alam.

• Veteran Member

There will be no Taliban

There will be no Obama

There will be no Modi

There will be no Israel

There will be no Pakistan

There will be no illuminati

Shame on us actually we are follower of Imam Ali (as) but not like Imam Ali (as) .

Example from my life :

I was a Skater , we practiced a lot for speed. We was doing 30-60 rounds every day to build our stamina for the race. One guy was practicing with us and he was chasing everyday but not leading in the Rink. I always told him to lead every race 5-6 round everyday atleast but he never listen to me and coach. In the final race i saw him chasing the winner for 20 rounds but in last 5 round the guys participating understand his concept and slowly slowly rest participants over seed him and come over him and he was remain follower upto end of race. His position was 6th and participant was 10.

The drawback to make habitual , Follower doesn't mean remain follower.

Follower of Imam Ali (as) should be leader of Time. Same like Ayatullah Imam Khomaini(ra)

Edited by alirex

No. He would pray the way the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) prayed, which is not like any of the ways Sunnis pray (remember that you guys hardly have consensus on any aspect of prayer). The prayer of the Prophet was lost pretty early with you guys, as shown by the following hadiths from your books:

Sahih Bukhari

Volume 1, Book 12, Number 751:

Narrated Imran bin Husain:

I offered the prayer with 'Ali in Basra and he made us remember the prayer which we used to pray with Allah's Apostle. 'Ali said Takbir on each rising and bowing.

Volume 1, Book 12, Number 753:

Narrated Mutarrif bin 'Abdullah:

'Imran bin Husain and I offered the prayer behind Ali bin Abi Talib. When 'Ali prostrated, he said the Takbir, when he raised his head, he said the Takbir and when he got up for the third Rak'a he said the Takbir. On completion of the prayer Imran took my hand and said, "This (i.e. 'Ali) made me remember the prayer of Muhammad" Or he said, "He led us in a prayer like that of Muhammad."

this guy is funny and full of hate just because I am pro unity he think I am sunni  :lol:  perfect example of those who believes in divide and rule.

no matter how hard you try, truth is even in his life Imam Ali always recommend unity and wanted uniformity amoung muslims which strats from prayers to haj and all other ahqaam of shariyah.

Edited by ShiaHashmi

• Veteran Member

this guy is funny and full of hate just because I am pro unity he think I am sunni  :lol:  perfect example of those who believes in divide and rule.

no matter how hard you try, truth is even in his life Imam Ali always recommend unity and wanted uniformity amoung muslims which strats from prayers to haj and all other ahqaam of shariyah.

You are so pro-unity you want to abandon the Sunnah? Great idea...

As for being 'full of hate', then I seriously don't know where you got that from. You just came across like a Sunni. My apologies if you aren't.

my common sense says it is impossible that people forgot the way Muhammed(s) prayed.....thousands prayed behind him in his life time.

praying with pure intention is more important rather than focusing on joining hands to leaving them alone.

both ways namaaz is kabool as long as your faith in Islam and tawheed is correct.

no need to apologize I have no problem at all to be called sunni, after all every muslim should follow sunnah.

• Veteran Member

my common sense says it is impossible that people forgot the way Muhammed(s) prayed.....thousands prayed behind him in his life time.

praying with pure intention is more important rather than focusing on joining hands to leaving them alone.

both ways namaaz is kabool as long as your faith in Islam and tawheed is correct.

no need to apologize I have no problem at all to be called sunni, after all every muslim should follow sunnah.

So how do you explain the many differences between the way the different legal schools of thought pray? Do you realise just how many differences there are on virtually every single aspect of salah?

So how do you explain the many differences between the way the different legal schools of thought pray? Do you realise just how many differences there are on virtually every single aspect of salah?

yes and thats all wrong, just one way of namaaz should be there and Islamic scholars should agree on it.

• Veteran Member

Brother i guess you have to rethink on what you wrote.

Pure Intention is acceptable only if the way is correct. Otherwise how you will justify non muslim pure intention vs Muslim pure intention ?

Namaaz is Pillar of Deen. And following wrong kind of acts treating them as Deen is actually Biddat. Like you can't do 3 Sujood or 2 Ruku bcoz that is a part of Namaz .. same way Either Fold hand is right or Open hand is right .. You can not say whatever you follow Intention will work. I can't agree with this.

Our Marja clear there point on this , If someone fold there hand there prayer is void. They have to pray again.

If it was that simple, don't you think the Sunnis at least would have done it by now?

I love to pray in sunni mosque when I dont find any other mosque around, and all mosque from Dubai to Australia which I have traveled follows same way of prayers, so I don't know what different ways you are talking about.

Brother i guess you have to rethink on what you wrote.

Pure Intention is acceptable only if the way is correct. Otherwise how you will justify non muslim pure intention vs Muslim pure intention ?

Namaaz is Pillar of Deen. And following wrong kind of acts treating them as Deen is actually Biddat. Like you can't do 3 Sujood or 2 Ruku bcoz that is a part of Namaz .. same way Either Fold hand is right or Open hand is right .. You can not say whatever you follow Intention will work. I can't agree with this.

Our Marja clear there point on this , If someone fold there hand there prayer is void. They have to pray again.

folding hands is consider shirk? how does it becomes so bad?

• Veteran Member

folding hands is consider shirk? how does it becomes so bad?

Shirk and Biddat are entirely different things. Dont Mix them.

Biddat is an Addition considering it as part of Deen, while Shirk is addition in Allah.

That folding hand while prayer makes prayer void, its for Ahle Tashio.

We neither object nor we recommend any Ahle Sunnat to follow us, its there problem if they want to follow whatever they feel good they are responsible for there act.

But bcoz of this We can't left helping them, we are still brother and will remain Insha Allah.

I love to pray in sunni mosque when I dont find any other mosque around, and all mosque from Dubai to Australia which I have traveled follows same way of prayers, so I don't know what different ways you are talking about.

If you ever Visit Oman then you can see people there praying with open hand and they not belongs to Ahle Tashio. I guess follower of Imam Maliki are praying with Open hand as he was from Mecca. And i never read but heard people from Mecca are following same way like Prophet (saw) was praying.

Edited by alirex

• Advanced Member

I think the brother is having a hard time with unity and conformity. Also none of us have the right to speak for someone else especially not Imam Ali (as). The OP is basically saying he knows Imam Ali (as) like the back of his hand. So much so he could speak on the Imam's behalf. The OP has no idea what he is doing.

I think the brother is having a hard time with unity and conformity. Also none of us have the right to speak for someone else especially not Imam Ali (as). The OP is basically saying he knows Imam Ali (as) like the back of his hand. So much so he could speak on the Imam's behalf. The OP has no idea what he is doing.

I am not saying some thing new but what Imam Ali already practiced in his life, read his life.

post-175712-0-77403900-1419399272.jpg

• Advanced Member

As historically proven, the fact that Imam Ali(as) and his closest companions purposely delayed their Bay'ah to Abu Bakr and distanced themselves away from the rest of the Ummah for 6 whole months before being forced by Umar and Khalid Ibn Al-Walid to publicly give Bay'ah to Abu Bakr(as has even been admitted by some modern Sunni reformists like Hassan Farhan Al-Maliki where he states that the reports which affirm the attack on Sayeda Fatima's house by Umar have reached 36 different channels of narrators in Sunni books alone!), says a lot about how much Imam Ali(as) advocated the type of "unity" that compromises the truth over falsehood. Moreover, by such logic and baseless speculations on what the Imam(as) would do and not do, I’m not sure how he would join hands in “unity” with the Ummayad rulers who advocated his public cursing on the pulpits throughout the Arab peninsula for 90 years during the first century after Hijra if we assumed he would be present during their time as well as our time today.  

In regards to unity, it is definitely not compromising the truth over falsehood, especially if it has the potential to lead to clear misguidance from the correct teachings that the prophet(s)and his Ahlulbayt(as) laid out for us. But instead, unity is affirming that the Muslim Ummah as it has been foretold by the prophet(s) from the beginning; has been split to multiple conflicting groups who each claim to hold the exclusive truth of Islam. At the same time, each of the groups must agree to disagree and coexist with each other peacefully without resorting to any type of violence or hatred towards each other.  

Edited by Al-Najashi

Adding to my initial post

He would not prefer or recommend his name been added in Azan or in Namaaz.

He would prefer to live and to be called as pious ummati of Rasulullah(s) instead of claiming any thing else for him self.

Imam Ali was perfect example for a momeen.

Edited by ShiaHashmi