Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Ibn Saba

Rate this topic

enamulhaq

Sunnis don't believe that. Some Salafi anti Shia hate propagandas have recently started attacking Shia Islam.

Another name for our school of thought is Jaffari. I may be wrong but I think it was at the time of Imam Jaffar (as)  and Sunni Caliph Harun al Rashid when Harun al Rashid decided to make the schools of thought register themselves with the government, The Sunni school of thoughts registered and became officially recognized because they were also paying Zakat money to Harun al Rashid's coffers. While our Imam, Imam Jaffar did not register because he wanted everyone to be Muslims not Hanafi, Jaffari etc. So then the followers of Imam Jaffar was labelled as Shias of Ali  (as)  because we did not want to register under any other name except Islam.

Also, my ancestors have been shia since the begining, the vast majority of the Prophet's (pbuh) and Fatima's (as) descendants are Shia. So how can a Salafi tell me that my beliefs come from a Jew when I have not believed in anything but the Qur'an and the Ahl Al Bayt?

Edited by Khalilallah

@khalalillah- well an akhbari, namely rafidhi1986 said that anyone who rejects ibn saba is not shia of ali.

May be he was being sarcastic, you know his name is rafidhi after all. I too feel tired of the hate propaganda sometimes.

The majority of Shias do not even learn about Ibn Saba so I don't see how that could be true.

Is it true that sunnis believe all kafirs go to hell, but shias believe kafirs who did hear about Islam AND those who did not get proper knowledge of it will be pardoned?

please reply.

There are a few lectures on Akhlaq from Dr. Shomali and in one of his videos he says that there was a Mushrik during the Prophet Mohammed  (pbuh) who was a very generous man and because of the man's good character/Akhlaq the prophet released a member of his family after treating him/her with honour and respect. He also said that because the man was such a good person, God forgave his sins and would let him enter paradise even though he was a Mushrik. There was also another companion of the prophet who had a very bad Akhlaq, he was rude to his family and even though he was a Sahaba, on his funeral after the prophet buried him, it was made clear that the dead Sahaba was in pain because he was not kind to his family.

So paradise is open to those people who never knew about Islam or Kitabi religions. Our deeds in this world is what matters, beliefs exist so that it may guide us into doing righteous deeds. For example a poor Japanese farmer who worked the land in Japan all his life during the 15th century, who never heard of anything about Islam or any Kitabi religion. What is his fault? how was he supposed to be a Muslim or a Christian or a Jew?

This is all from my memory, I am very ignorant and what I have written here may be against Islamic views, it is very likely that I have made a mistake here I am not seeing. If any users spot a mistake please teach me by correcting me.

• Advanced Member

@khalalillah- well an akhbari, namely rafidhi1986 said that anyone who rejects ibn saba is not shia of ali.

US Akhbari are first and foremost to fight against this mythical figure of "ibn saba"

There are a few lectures on Akhlaq from Dr. Shomali and in one of his videos he says that there was a Mushrik during the Prophet Mohammed (pbuh) who was a very generous man and because of the man's good character/Akhlaq the prophet released a member of his family after treating him/her with honour and respect. He also said that because the man was such a good person, God forgave his sins and would let him enter paradise even though he was a Mushrik. There was also another companion of the prophet who had a very bad Akhlaq, he was rude to his family and even though he was a Sahaba, on his funeral after the prophet buried him, it was made clear that the dead Sahaba was in pain because he was not kind to his family.

So paradise is open to those people who never knew about Islam or Kitabi religions. Our deeds in this world is what matters, beliefs exist so that it may guide us into doing righteous deeds. For example a poor Japanese farmer who worked the land in Japan all his life during the 15th century, who never heard of anything about Islam or any Kitabi religion. What is his fault? how was he supposed to be a Muslim or a Christian or a Jew?

This is all from my memory, I am very ignorant and what I have written here may be against Islamic views, it is very likely that I have made a mistake here I am not seeing. If any users spot a mistake please teach me by correcting me.

Ahsant! Ayas of the Quran confirm this.

In fact, if you're struggling to learn the truth and you die as an Atheist, you COULD go to heaven!