Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Khalilallah

Any Welfare Systems In Islamic Countries?

I have to ask. When I talk about some Afghan shias who live in the west. When I ask them about their opinion on Islamic countries they feel upset because many Afghans who fled Afghanistan travelled to the west because of its welfare system and they say that they would have preferred to remain in an Islamic country but no Islamic country offered them citizenship or welfare and as a result they feel Islamic countries are not as Islamic as the non Islamic EU, UK, Australia or US, in terms of its humanitarian causes.

While I myself have never seen any other Islamic country besides Afghanistan I am told by my dad that he had no choice but to move to the UK because the Islamic nations did not want us.

So it makes me wonder what the Islamic countries are willing to do for their Muslim brethren who have become refugees?

And is there any kind of support available for Muslim families who want to move back to an Islamic country? I know Islamic nations are not as rich as the UK, US but do they have anything similar to a welfare system?

Also my dad is looking to move our entire family back to Afghanistan I too agree with this since over the years people like us are more and more wanted to leave.

I myself am looking to move my family back to an Islamic country if I am able, I am looking at Iran, but I have no idea what I am getting myself into or if I am making the right choice in choosing the leave the UK.

Any thoughts?

Nice question. It depends what are people's preferences, some come to EU or any other Western country for seeking asylum and than spent their whole lives living on social services which in my opinion is wrong. Rather than finding jobs and doing some positive activities they prefer spending time in criticizing Western societies in tiny little groups as they used to do in their home countries.

On the other hand, I also see a large number of people (immigrants as students or skilled labours) coming to West for their better future, in the form of world class education, superior health services, social tolerance,technological advancement, freedom of speech+freedom in believing according to one's own faith and the list goes on. Without any doubt you hardly find all of these together in any Muslim state in any part of the world. Those who might have few things, that I named, are mainly for their own citizens. Not for immigrants. 

But this West no matter what some people(immigrants) say how bad it's system is, actually are more human than those so called ''Muslim'' states. 

I see no harm, living in as immigrant as it is the most natural thing, look at the animals, birds, small creatures who migrate time to time. Our PROPHET MUHAMMAD PBUH also migrated and so did our IMAM'S. We are living in the era of globalization but again as I said earlier it all depends on your future preferences. What you want to do living in a state of fear (Afghanistan+Iran) or a states of Cheer.

Good Luck!

(salam)

I`m not a refugee or immigrant and I was born in an islamic country and living also there. but I also have seen some other countries among which are some non-muslim countries. As John Romerro said: it depends on what u want from your life and what do you want to do in your future.

I think to live in some western countries would provide more welfare for the person, but simoltaneously we must know that this welfare is somehow the result of occupation and ussurping the wealth of other countries(whethear muslims or non-muslims, like some african countries). So if you have a wealth or good thinking and you think that you can help the muslim country in which you are planning to live, it is a good idea to migrate there. but if the case is not so, I do not suggest you to do that. because these countries mostly have their own problems and they do not want to have more!

and the reason behind this poverty of some muslim countries: we must know that about 3,4 centuries before it was not the case, and most of muslim countries were good countries on that time. but recently -I mean about 200,300 hundred yeaers- these problems have occured, that we must think about the reasons more.

And about Afghanistan I have no idea, because I`ve not seen that country. but about Iran: I have been there, and I can suggest you to move to there(with the condition above mentioned). because I compeletly (and also all those who have seen Iran) disagree with John Romerro that Iran is country of fear, and I`m sure that he has not seen Iran andhas just listened to some news from western medias about Iran.

finally: I suggest you not to judge about a muslim country unless you`ve seen the country by your own eyes, and do not trust the media. because you should be sure that they mostly do not want to show the progress of muslim countries.

:)

Iran has been one of the few stable countries in the middle-east, and has hosted millions of refugees from Iraq and Afghanistan over the years. It can only do so much, but even now is one of the most generous countries in world, bearing a lot of the brunt of western invasions in its neighbouhood. 

2015 UNHCR country operations profile - Islamic Republic of Iran

Islamic Republic of Iran remains host to one of the world's largest and most protracted refugee populations.

http://www.unhcr.org/pages/49e486f96.html

Freedom of movement of Afghan refugees in Iran

Following the revolution in Iran in 1979 that brought about the Islamic Republic, the new government had an open-arms policy towards Afghan refugees from its early days, a policy rooted in the religious values and principles of Islam. As a result, millions of Afghan refugees crossed the borders and settled across Iran without any restriction. Afghan refugees were fairly easily integrated given the common language and culture. 

http://www.fmreview.org/detention/farzin-jadali%20

Iran Allows Afghan Refugees To Study At Iranian Schools

Iranian authorities have agreed to allow the children of illegal Afghan immigrants to attend Iranian schools and universities. RFE/RL spoke on December 14 with Haji Muhammad Mohaqiq, Afghanistan's second deputy executive officer who recently returned from talks in Iran. Mohaqiq said during his talks with Iranian officials, agreements were reached on providing free education for Afghan immigrants who still do not have legal residency in Iran and also on extending the residency permits for some Afghans who are legally registered in Iran. 
Mohaqiq said there are more than 1 million Afghans living illegally in Iran. There are also some 1 million Afghans living legally in Iran.

http://www.rferl.org/content/iran-allows-afghan-refugees-to-study-at-iran-schools/26743495.html

Once an Afghan refugee in Iran, now a high-flier in his own country

TEHRAN, Islamic Republic of Iran, August 5 (UNHCR) – Twenty-eight years after his family fled war in Afghanistan to neighbouring Iran, Seyyed Zia Hosseini has returned home from the country that gave him shelter and an education that allows him to help rebuild his native land. Hosseini is one of many Afghan refugees returning to their country as successful graduates from Iranian universities. Two years after returning, Hosseini is a senior consultant to Afghanistan's Minister of Urbanization. "I even have the opportunity to become minister."
Hosseini was one year old when he fled with his mother and four-year-old sister from Sar-e-Pol in Afghanistan, first to Pakistan and then to the Islamic Republic of Iran, where they settled in the holy city of Qom. Hosseini was a very successful student and eventually got a scholarship from the Iranian government that led to a PhD in Project Management and Development from Tehran University. "Me and my sister, also a PhD holder and university professor in Qom, both studied in Iran and are very happy to have been fortunate enough to get so far," Hosseini said. Following his graduation, he married and moved back to Afghanistan with his new bride.