In the Name of God بسم الله

Is Saggin / Sagging Haram?

Rate this topic

chiefkeef

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

By saggin you prolly mean belt below buttox, or centre of buttox. How about a little history lesson, and lets see if you still wanna get caught slippin saggin ur pants.

The claim is that sagging started in prison due to not having a belt. Just a little research will tell you that's obviously a load of *ahem*.

The hushed up reason for saggin your pants was for "easy access". In prison, by sagging your pants you made a statement you were "available". This is how it started but it soon developed as a symbol that you went to prison (most people engaged in that disgusting behavior, but on the flip side being in prison also indicates you are "bad", a "thug", etc., and someone not to be messed with). So gangster wannabes and the such in America started doing it to act as if they're "bad" and have been locked up. This continued to be developed as a fashion statement and now you see a bunch of fools doing it, ignorant of the fact that it was originally used to reel in someone with interest and provide the easy access. I forgot to mention the reason they didn't just outright say they wanted to engage in that behaviour was because if the guards caught wind, they would suffer consequences. Thus came sagging; signalling to other inmates.

Enjoy sagging your pants. I'm sure it makes you look very mature and respectable. Make sure to have clean boxers. lol.

http://www.owned.com/media/images/1/4/1/8/14185/saggin_540.jpg

Edited by dragonxx

• Advanced Member

what sin might it lead to. I ain't gay.....

If your not gonna dress respectably for yourself, do it for your father and the rest of your family man. You want people ridiculing your father/family like that? "Look at the son of so-and-so, they don't know how to raise their kids" "I sure won't give my daughter to that family" Etc.

• 7 years later...

Bro, sagging is only haram if it involves a sin. "Saggin'" or "Sagging" is a term used to describe your pants a little further down than it should be, covering most of the leg. It only turns haram when any of your private parts show i.e. buttocks, anus. It doesn't express any sin, it is just a trend 

• 11 months later...
  • Advanced Member
On 12/17/2022 at 8:54 PM, Guest Haz-K said:

Bro, sagging is only haram if it involves a sin. "Saggin'" or "Sagging" is a term used to describe your pants a little further down than it should be, covering most of the leg. It only turns haram when any of your private parts show i.e. buttocks, anus. It doesn't express any sin, it is just a trend 

Salam , showing a trend is equivalent to wearing dress of fame which is not allowed in Shia Islam .

20 hours ago, Guest Spencer said:

What if you got something like shorts o other pairs of trousers is it OK then?

Salam if you try resemble non muslims also in addition by  wearing dress of fame likewise "Saggin'" or "Sagging" so therefore it's not allowed with any condition.

3.  It should not be a dress of fame, pride and vanity. Wearing excessively dirty or rugged cloth to demonstrate denial of 'Self' or one's rejection of the norms of society is not allowed. The showiness and pride are improper in the eyes of Islam and are rejected by Islamic ethics. The Prophet said: ”Whoever wears a dress of fame in this world, Allah will cloth him with a dress of humiliation on the Day of Resurrection, then set it on fire.”

https://www.al-islam.org/articles/hijab-dress-modesty-islam-sayyid-saeed-akhtar-rizvi

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

ugh, i hate that fashion. When I was teen there were many boys from my school had that fashion, and a rat tail haircut lol

• Advanced Member
On 1/2/2015 at 4:39 AM, :Sami II said:

A. Sagging is only permissible when visiting the bathroom.

Deadddddd

• Advanced Member

I was trying to get hold of this dudes attention in public and luckily his underwear was showing which said 'Tommy Hilfiger'

I was able to call him out as YO TOMMY HILFIGER PANTIES  

It saved his life. Alhamdulilah for saggin