Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Kamber Ali

Taqiyya On Internet

Rate this topic

Salam

Shia Muslims do Taqiyya. Taqiyya is part of the Shia Islam.

My questions are:

1. Why do Shias do Taqiyya on when they are online? Are they scared of CIA or NSA?

2. Why is it necessary to do Taqiyya on the internet?

3. What does Ahlulbayt say about Taqiyya?

4. When is doing Taqiyya wajib?

5. When is doing Tawiyya haram?

Thank you.

kamber.

Salam, Kamber Ali.

1 . Why do Shias do Taqiyya on when they are online? Are they scared of CIA or NSA?

Shia says every thing that they believe on internet. Because our beliefs comes from Quran and Ahlulabayt traditions and we have sufficient prove.

The Taqiyya is in this place:

مَن كَفَرَ بِاللَّهِ مِن بَعْدِ إِيمَانِهِ إِلَّا مَنْ أُكْرِهَ وَ قَلْبُهُ مُطْمَئنِ‏ُّ  بِالْايمَانِ

Whoever renounces faith in Allah after (affirming) his faith barring someone who is compelled while his heart is at rest in faith. 16: 106

Where do we do Taqqiyya? I can't understand you Q.

The view of Ahlulbayt is clear. They say: Taqiyya is part of religion.

Also some Sunni Scholars believe that Taqiyya is permissible. You can refer to these:

محمد بن عمر فخررازی، التفسیر الکبیر (مفاتیح الغیب)، ذیل آل عمران: ۲۸،‌ بیروت۱۴۲۱/۲۰۰۰.

احمد بن علی جصّاص، کتاب احکام القرآن، ج۲، ص۱۲، استانبول۱۳۳۵۱۳۳۸، چاپ افست بیروت۱۴۰۶/۱۹۸۶.   

محمود بن عبداللّه آلوسی، روح المعانی، ج۳، ص۱۲۱، بیروت، داراحیاءالتراث العربی.   

محمد جمال الدین قاسمی، تفسیر القاسمی، المسمی محاسن التاویل، ذیل آیه۲۸ سوره آل عمران، چاپ محمد فؤاد عبدالباقی، بیروت۱۳۹۸/۱۹۷۸.

محمد بن احمد قرطبی، الجامع لاحکام القرآن، ذیل آیه۲۸ سوره آل عمران، بیروت۱۴۰۵/۱۹۸۵.

Allah says:

لا يَتَّخِذِ الْمُؤْمِنُونَ الْكافِرينَ أَوْلِياءَ مِنْ دُونِ الْمُؤْمِنينَ وَ مَنْ يَفْعَلْ ذلِكَ فَلَيْسَ مِنَ اللَّهِ في‏ شَيْ‏ءٍ إِلاَّ أَنْ تَتَّقُوا مِنْهُمْ تُقاةً وَ يُحَذِّرُكُمُ اللَّهُ نَفْسَهُ وَ إِلَى اللَّهِ الْمَصيرُ (28

"The faithful should not take the faithless for allies instead of the faithful, and whoever does that Allah will have nothing to do with him, except when you are wary of them out of caution." 3: 28.

Or He says:

Whoever renounces faith in Allah after (affirming) his faith barring someone who is compelled while his heart is at rest in faith. 16: 106

When the principles of Islam are in danger. For example disbelievers are occupying Muslim country in a way that they will destroy Islamic principles and ... .

Anyway Taqiyya is a rational way and some of pious campaniles of prophet did during the history.

Allah says:

رَجُلٌ مُّؤْمِنٌ مِّنْ ءَالِ فِرْعَوْنَ يَكْتُمُ إِيمَانَهُ

... A man of faith from Pharaoh's clan, who concealed his faith ... . (40: 28)

First of all this topic should be in Shia/Sunni dialogue room for both Shias and Sunnis, but just to clarify, Taqiyyah is not a "Shia" practice as per say and a lot of Shias keep on spreading this misinformation due to lack of knowledge in Islam. I was on of those Shias till I did some research on Taqiyyah and found out its an ISLAMIC concept, actually its a very practical and universal concept used by non-Muslims in times of need as well but for our purposes, it is clearly allowed in Islam and is mentioned in Quran.

Taqiyyah basically means to hide/conceal your faith in order to protect your life. That's it. It does not allow anything else but you are allowed to lie to save your life. The Quran says:

"Whoever disbelieves in Allah after his belief... except for one who is forced [to renounce his religion] while his heart is secure in faith. But those who [willingly] open their breasts to disbelief, upon them is wrath from Allah , and for them is a great punishment;

Quran: 16:106;

All Muslim scholars agree that this verse descended in relation to the suffering of Ammar bin Yasir (ra). Allamah Jalaladeen Suyuti in his commentary of this verse states:

The non-believers once caught Ammar bin Yasir (ra) and they forced him to say praise their false gods and to condemn Prophet Muhammad (s). They forced him to an extent that Ammar bin Yasir (ra) gave in an exceeded to their demands. After that, when he returned to the Prophet Mohammed (s), Ammar (A.S) narrated the whole story to him (s). Prophet Muhammad (S) asked him, how do you feel in your heart? To which Ammar (A.S) replied, I am fully content with Allah’s religion in my heart. To this Prophet Mohammed (S) said, if non-believers ask you to say the same again, say it. At which time the following ayah was descended.

For detailed article please refer to ShiaPen website, they have done an amazing job to explain this concept and I have learned a lot from their website as well; The above details are from their website as well. Anything that is allowed in Quran in not Shia, but Islamic;

Source: http://www.shiapen.com/comprehensive/creed-of-shia-explained/concept-of-taqiyyah.html

• Jews used Taqiyyah during Nazi massacres of them claiming they are not Jews when caught by Nazis. Historical fact from WW2;
  • Sunnis claimed to be Hindus when they migrated from India to Pakistan and were caught by Hindus during riots. Historical fact;
  • Salafis used Taqiyyah in their recent civil wars. Several months ago there was a story where a commander of one of these Wahabis was caught severely injured by another wahabi group of a different area but he himself was so wounded and thought he was being captured by Shia so he started to chant the names of Imams and was killed by these other wahabis thinking he was a shia. The point is he try to conceal his faith in order to protect his life. Civil War Fact
  • Sunnis and Shia both used Taqiyyah in Iraq when they would enter each others militia areas. Civil War Fact

Salam

Shia Muslims do Taqiyya. Taqiyya is part of the Shia Islam.

My questions are:

1. Why do Shias do Taqiyya on when they are online? Are they scared of CIA or NSA?

Thank you.

kamber.

1. I can't understand why a Shia would do Taqiyyah online. What's the point?

2. Its not necesary and to be honest I don't know of anyone who does it. Its a common Sunni attack not only on Shia but also on Moderate Sunni that speak against their opinions. Go on any Sunni forum and you will see the "Taqiyyah" card being flung around whenever anyone comes out against the Deabandi/Barelvi/Wahabbi/Salafi posts.

Quite frankly thats one of the reason I stopped posting on Sunni forums. Anytime you speak anything that smacks of logic and common sense you're immediately attacked with the Taqiyyah card. Same applies to when a Sunni will speak up against the OP. He or She will be immediately be labeled a "Shia in Taqiyyah posing as a Sunni". Quite pathetic but it serves the Sunni attacker well because it shifts the opinion of other Sunni reading the thread to "Anti Shia".

I'm really appalled that you would post such a nonsense thread on a Shia forum.

Any one can read the discussions on this forum, this is the largest shia forum with people posting openly. We don't hide our beliefs, its another thing though if some Arab nations keep this site banned for their viewers ;) They rather wish we would do Taqiyyah on the internet, too sad we don't :P

As my brothers and sisters correctly mentioned above, Taqiyya is for certain cases. As you and everyone can see, we are saying what we believe.

We are not scared of anyone or anything. Indeed it is Wahhabis, American government, and Israeli regime that are scared of us.

Ha Ha Ha... :-P

Right-seeker