Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Marbles

Indian Women Fighting Back!

Rate this topic

Still investigation is going as some villagers claimed that these girls are fame addicted and intentionally they are making videos of these acts.  Lets see what report will come ... Haryana Govt. Stopped there award for the time being until report will come.

Marbles, not just indian girls  , IMO all girls should be trained in basic skills necessary for self defense

All people, for that matter, should be trained in martial arts. It's great cardio, and it couldn't possibly hurt, unless you started sleep-fighting. :)

*Adds that to the list of New Year resolutions*

Edited by l'Optimiste

I agree that all women should be skilled in a useful martial art, however, if this story is true, isn't it rather sad that there was nobody on the bus with them to protect them from the perverts.  In my experience, even just a word from an intimidating onlooker or from a group of onlookers will deter most bullies.  

In my experience, even just a word from an intimidating onlooker or from a group of onlookers will deter most bullies.  

It would probably depend on relative sizes and strength.

If the bully is a 19-year old, 220 pound muscle-man and the onlookers are smaller, the intimidating look may not be very effective.  

But I think if the driver is smart, he can do quite a lot.   It depends on how smart he is and also where he is on the road.

If he is in a quiet country road, the situation is different  from a busy main street.  

In a busy main street, it is possible to stop the bus and ask wayfarers for help.  But that may not be possible everywhere.

In my experience, in many parts of the world, people don't respect your rights.  

They only respect your biceps, the calibre of your gun and the depth of your pocket.

Just get the men married younger!!!

May help but not necessarily. Perverts can be found even among people who are grandfathers.

All people, for that matter, should be trained in martial arts. 

No, only girls.  Not boys.

Otherwise the advantage that girls could have will be lost. 

Edited by baqar

This idea about women being taught martial arts is crazy, they get very emotional very quickly and instead of seeing a cat fight with hair pulling we will see bones being broken over little things.

Edited by Khalilallah

That's ridiculous.  Martial arts instruction also includes self control and self respect.  It's good for anyone, but especially important for women.  

I've used my martial arts skills twice to fight off attackers.  Once when I was in the Army and a fellow soldier grabbed me while I was walking alone in daylight, and once when my first husband had a psychotic episode.  (He isn't a bad person, just has a severe mental illness.)  Both times I was smaller and physically weaker than the attacker.  The first time I got away safely.  The second time, when the police arrived I had him pinned face down on the floor and was sitting on him.  I'd much rather have been able to run away, but my children, both babies at the time, were with me and I had to act fast to protect us all.  

Naturally, I'm a strong advocate of women studying martial arts, whichever art they feel comfortable learning.  I studied Hsing-I kung fu.  I'd love to find an instructor and get back into it, but it isn't a common style.  I tried tae-kwon-do and didn't like it.  It was much too athletic and not nearly protection oriented enough for my taste.

OH MY GOD! that is why you are super women!

You been in the army! and those happenings and you did that? Wow do I feel like a girl right now compared to you!

,,, Wow do I feel like a girl right now compared to you!

So next time you recall sis notme's post above, you shouldn't feel like a girl....because what she did, she did as a 'girl.'

You may need to invent a new category if, say, you don't feel like a man. No pun intended.

_79445401_priya_no_shadow.jpg

A new comic book with a female rape survivor as its "super hero" has been launched to focus attention on the problem of sexual violence in India.

Priya's Shakti, inspired by Hindu mythological tales, tells the story of Priya, a young woman and gang-rape survivor, and Goddess Parvati as they fight against gender crimes in India.

In India's male-dominated society, it is not the rapist but the rape victim who is often treated with scepticism and has to face ridicule and social ostracism.

The comic reflects that harsh reality too - when Priya tells her parents about the rape, she's blamed for it and banished from home.

More here:http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-30288173

Just get the men married younger!!!

Definitely. Married men would never, ever assault a woman :rolleyes:

yeah right........ :dry:  :dry:

abusers will abuse, be it physical, emotional or sexual  regardless of the marital status.  

@ bro khalil, Do you really believe a married man would never rape a woman???   Sorry to burst your bubble , but marriage is not the solution to life's problems  :rolleyes:

its vry nice, in India some women try to fight evil. whereas in Pakistan not even men can fight evil. RIP Shia Pakistan or perhaps marbles should be more concerned in finding a solution for evaporating Shia Pakistan than what happens next door in Hindustan !

Edited by Aftahb

its vry nice, in India some women try to fight evil. whereas in Pakistan not even men can fight evil. RIP Shia Pakistan or perhaps marbles should be more concerned in finding a solution for evaporating Shia Pakistan than what happens next door in Hindustan !

Every time we post some news related to India, a criticism of its policies, or a positive news such as posted in this thread, we are instantly reminded of Shia killings in Pakistan at the hands of the Wahhabis. Apart from 5th grader talk in 5th grader language, what's the purpose of this stupidity?

Is this how far Indian intellectual acumen goes? But then I don't blame you. You guys gave a landslide to a Muslim killer - abetter if not an actual participant - who also believes ancient India excelled in aviation and organ transplant.

Edited by Marbles

Really, what's the purpose of this odd post in this thread? And why did you feel the need to bring Marbles in the conversation by name?

And btw, that is crude logic on your part - how many "men" in India have really fought evil? Muslims are marginalized more so often, with a certain politician even stating that India will be wholly Hindu by 2020 or so. We did not see many Muslim "men" on the roads protesting against such an offensive remark. Heck, the Muslim "men" in India don't even stand up to protest or at least speak against the ever blasphemous usage of Prophets and Ali's name in Bollywood songs or "Islamic" nasheeds. 

Every time we post some news related to India, a criticism of its policies, or a positive news such as posted in this thread, we are instantly reminded of Shia killings in Pakistan at the hands of the Wahhabis. Apart from 5th grader talk in 5th grader language, what's the purpose of this stupidity?

Is this how far Indian intellectual acumen goes? But then I don't blame you. You guys gave a landslide to a Muslim killer - abetter if not an actual participant - who also believes ancient India excelled in aviation and organ transplant.

Well if my 5th grade english can make you think, i seriously dont mind. 

And just like a shia can says on the basis of hadith.. that if imam ali can put a persons fingers back with his hand, after punishing him for stealing, but seeing his love for him. he sticks those fingers right back. 

By religion thats a miracle

but from scientific pov, it was that Imam Ali knew surgical procedures and he was a brilliant surgeon. 

In the same way, when a hindu deity cuts a person's head by mistake and after regret he tries to fix it.. he puts an elephant head b/c he cant find the real head of the person.

similar point can be made, that by religion it was a miracle.

But from scientific pov, it was that he knew surgical procedures and he was a brilliant surgeon. 

I hope my 5th grade reply is enough for you.