Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Going To Jummah With Family

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(salam) 

Hi, everyone. 

It looks like I'll have to go to salat al Jummah with my Dad this Friday. Now, I obviously can't pray like a Jafari in front of him, nor can I get an excuse to sit somewhere else. Am I allowed to pray like a Hanafi--under taqiyyah--and make up for it by praying Dhur-Asr in the usual way when I get back home?(I can pray with my door closed).

Salam.

(salam)

Hi, everyone. 

It looks like I'll have to go to salat al Jummah with my Dad this Friday. Now, I obviously can't pray like a Jafari in front of him, nor can I get an excuse to sit somewhere else. Am I allowed to pray like a Hanafi--under taqiyyah--and make up for it by praying Dhur-Asr in the usual way when I get back home?(I can pray with my door closed).

Salam.

You sure you need Taqiya here? Abu Hunaifa was Imam Jaffar's student.

• Advanced Member

My father was Hanafi, and I used to pray like him (under taqiyyah) if we went to his mosque together. But I didn't repeat the prayers later.

So, like saying ameen, and folding the hands dont invalidate the prayer under taqiyya?

You sure you need Taqiya here? Abu Hunaifa was Imam Jaffar's student.

But didn't Abu Hanifa pass certain fatwas that are against the fiqh of Imam Jaffar as-Sadiq(a.s.), like saying ameen, the two salams, and folding the hands in prayer?

So then, is it ok to pray like a hanafi under taqiyyah? Wont I have to repeat the prayer?

So, like saying ameen, and folding the hands dont invalidate the prayer under taqiyya?

But didn't Abu Hanifa pass certain fatwas that are against the fiqh of Imam Jaffar as-Sadiq(a.s.), like saying ameen, the two salams, and folding the hands in prayer?

So then, is it ok to pray like a hanafi under taqiyyah? Wont I have to repeat the prayer?

yeah Abu Hunaifa didn't teach what he learnt from Imam Jafar, and that is why there is a problem, I meant shouldn't your parents be understanding of you being Jaffari since Imam Jaffar was the teacher of Abu Hunaifa?

• Advanced Member

One, I don't say ameen out loud, I just say everything from our own salat (in my heart) even the salaam, its just the actions that are otherwise, like folding hands. I personally don't believe that the prayer needs to be repeated. After all, when we go for Ummrah and Hajj, we all pray behind a Wahabi imam. I do recall asking about qunoot, while I was at Hajj as they don't do it over there, and other members of the group said, we just have to follow the salat as it is being done. Maybe someone with much deeper study in religion can answer it more properly.

• Advanced Member

(salam)

I assume you are a muqallid of Sayyid `Ali Khaminei

ماهو حكم الصلاة جماعة وصلاة الجمعة وراء إمام سني وكيفية القراءة، وما إذا لم أحضر في بداية الصلاة، ودخلت المسجد ووجدتهم يصلون؟ وأريد رأي المراجع إن أمكن؟

What is the ruling for praying is jama`ah [as a group] and Salat al-Jum`ah behind a Sunni leader and the way to read prayers, and what about if I miss the beginning of prayer and entered the masjid and found them praying? And I would like the opinions of the maraji` if possible.

الجواب

قد أفتى السيد علي الخامنئي بجواز الصلاة جماعة خلف أهل السنة إذا كانت للحفاظ على الوحدة الاسلامية. ولا إشكال في المشاركة في الصلاة معهم في جمعتهم وجماعاتهم، فالصلاة معهم صحيحة ومجزية، حتى وإن كان بالسجود على السجاد وأمثال ذلك، ولكن لا يجوز التكتف في الصلاة معهم إلا إذا اقتضت الضرورة ذلك

The answer:

Sayyid al-Khaminei has issued a fatwah allowing praying behind Ahl al-Sunnah if it is for the sake of unity in Islam, and there is no doubt that you can pray with them, for praying with them is sound and allowed, even if you are to prostrate on the carpet and so on, but it is not permissible to place one's arms on his chest when praying with them except if it becomes necessary.

[source]

• Advanced Member

One, I don't say ameen out loud, I just say everything from our own salat (in my heart) even the salaam, its just the actions that are otherwise, like folding hands. I personally don't believe that the prayer needs to be repeated. After all, when we go for Ummrah and Hajj, we all pray behind a Wahabi imam. I do recall asking about qunoot, while I was at Hajj as they don't do it over there, and other members of the group said, we just have to follow the salat as it is being done. Maybe someone with much deeper study in religion can answer it more properly.

(salam)  

Thanks, this is what I did today. :D

(salam)

I assume you are a muqallid of Sayyid `Ali Khaminei

ماهو حكم الصلاة جماعة وصلاة الجمعة وراء إمام سني وكيفية القراءة، وما إذا لم أحضر في بداية الصلاة، ودخلت المسجد ووجدتهم يصلون؟ وأريد رأي المراجع إن أمكن؟

What is the ruling for praying is jama`ah [as a group] and Salat al-Jum`ah behind a Sunni leader and the way to read prayers, and what about if I miss the beginning of prayer and entered the masjid and found them praying? And I would like the opinions of the maraji` if possible.

الجواب

قد أفتى السيد علي الخامنئي بجواز الصلاة جماعة خلف أهل السنة إذا كانت للحفاظ على الوحدة الاسلامية. ولا إشكال في المشاركة في الصلاة معهم في جمعتهم وجماعاتهم، فالصلاة معهم صحيحة ومجزية، حتى وإن كان بالسجود على السجاد وأمثال ذلك، ولكن لا يجوز التكتف في الصلاة معهم إلا إذا اقتضت الضرورة ذلك

The answer:

Sayyid al-Khaminei has issued a fatwah allowing praying behind Ahl al-Sunnah if it is for the sake of unity in Islam, and there is no doubt that you can pray with them, for praying with them is sound and allowed, even if you are to prostrate on the carpet and so on, but it is not permissible to place one's arms on his chest when praying with them except if it becomes necessary.

[source]

(salam) 

This helped a lot. In the end, I didn't have to worry about prostrating on the carpet. After salaam and the three takbirs, i simply turned my head to the right and then the left without saying anything, to avoid suspicion.