Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Marbles

Junaid Jamshed Blasphemy

Rate this topic

The Pakistani blasphemy machine came into action with another incident in which singer-turned-tableeghi Junaid Jamshed is involved. But this time, comically and paradoxically, the Sunnis are eating each other over Mother Ayesha's role as Prophet's 'favourite' wife.

The image of a sassy teenage girl, a jealous demanding beauty who had the Prophet in thrall to her girlish charms gets validation from the Sunni narrations. What Junaid Jamshed did was give a light-hearted interpretation to what's already in Sunni books.

With it comes the hypocrisy of the mullahs. The head of his tableeghi group asked for him to be 'forgiven' for a 'mistake' of this kind, but others who have been put behind bars and even lynched and killed were not given opportunity to put on a sad face and apologise for offending the religion.

...An interesting (and quite revealing) case broke out recently with Junaid Jamshed, who is popularly known for his transformation from a prominent singer to quite a conservative Islamic preacher.

A short clip from one of his sermons recently got viral, in which he is accused to be “blaspheming” against Hazrat Ayesha, one of the wives of Prophet Mohammad

He starts off, seemingly in a jovial mood, talking about how she would always demand more attention from Prophet Mohammad. So, one day she decided to fake sickness by wrapping a towel around her head.

“What happened, what happened?” inquired Prophet Mohammad

“Ah, my head is bursting with pain!” she complained.

To which, he said: “Oh Ayesha, if you were to pass away, the Prophet of God would personally offer your funeral prayers. How fortunate would you be?”

She stood up at once:  “This is what you ardently desire–that I die, so you could spend more time with your other wives.”

Using this as a reference point, Junaid Jamshed goes on further to add some disgusting & misogynistic comments about the supposed flaws of women. But, I’m quite sure that is not what’s bothering those who seem to have been offended.

Given that Junaid Jamshed is a member of “Tableeghi Jamat”, they obviously did not want bad press associated with their movement, which could perhaps delegitimize the authority they enjoy in mainstream Muslim circles. Thus, Maulana Tariq Jameel, a senior member of the Tableeghi Jamat, released a video in which he expressed his sorrow over the “blasphemous” remarks made by Junaid Jamshed, and repeatedly clarified that these views were neither endorsed by him nor the Tableeghi Jamat as a whole. He said human beings are bound to make mistakes, and so Junaid Jamshed should apologize and seek forgiveness from everyone.

Now, the issue had become way too sensitive. So, Junaid Jamshed put on an embarrassed face, and released a video in which he apologized for his “blasphemous” remarks, and pleaded everyone to forgive him. “People make mistakes”, he said. And, judging by the top comments under the video, it seems that people have indeed forgiven him. Case resolved. What a happy ending!

http://www.ucanews.com/news/islamic-preacher-accused-of-blasphemy-in-pakistan/72520

The offending video: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2bc7cs_junaid-jamshed-ki-ummul-momineen-bibi-ayesha-ki-shaan-mein-gustakhi_shortfilms

Edited by Marbles

Safe to say if a Shia had uttered such words he would've been skinned alive by now, alongside countrywide protests calling for a ban on everything Shia for disrespecting Amma Aisha.

Where did I say I want to 'open' it? I'm merely reporting the story with a comment on the hypocrisy of the mullahs and their mobs of followers who would have clamoured for the person's scalp if he was someone other than Junaid Jamshed.

Unfortunately you open it .... see the bold quoted below

Safe to say if a Shia had uttered such words he would've been skinned alive by now, alongside countrywide protests calling for a ban on everything Shia for disrespecting Amma Aisha.

Ayatullah Khamnei said in clear words whoever provoke things to break unity is culprit of Enemies.

What i got from it is .. don't give attention to such thing .. they will go dumped. If Ahle Sunnat want to talk that is there problem why do we give such thing attention ?

Posting such thing indicates me you want discussion on it. Otherwise what is the use to post ?

Edited by alirex

LOL. He is saying "Amma Ayesha". Somehow this reminded me of the "friendly beheading" incident in Syria by the takfiri militants. Perhaps because this is as much funny. For Sunnis its like treading carefully past booby traps of truth. Revere the Quran and Bukhari, but don't read on your own. Read, but don't utter. Utter, but don't be careless in stating everything plainly. :D

And I can't find the alleged big deal sort of blaspheming words. The books are filled with her dramas. How else could he explain. The mullahs should instead commend him at least for successfully hiding the comprehensive devotions and all the sacrifices made by the true wife Khadija and the later ones, all except the utter disappointments and heartaches for the Prophet (pbuh) that were Ayesha and Hafsa.

Or for that matter any non-Muslim.

A Hindu back in the 1920s or 1930s took all the saucy gossip material found in Sunni collections about the prophet and his relationship with Ayesha and complied them in a book. He was impertinent enough to give the book a provocative title: he called it 'Rangeela Rasul' (The Playboy Prophet). Hell was let loose and an angry Muslim youth killed him when he was sitting in his shop, as a just punishment for insulting the Prophet. The murderer was apprehended by the colonial administration and hanged for the cold-blooded murder. Pakistanis in their post-independence hysteria made a martyr and a hero out him. So the seeds of present-day sensitivity to 'blasphemy' were sown fairly early on in South Asian Muslim mind. But if there is so much problem with those ahadith, Sunnis are advised to burn their hadith books first and then criticise those who make a joke of Islam and revered personalities because of stuff found in their own collections.

agree 100% with you. and yeah I remember my father telling us about that book.. i can't recall why he told us about it, but he did lol

So Junaid Jamshed has run away from a society his ilk helped shape..

http://newsweekpakistan.com/junaid-jamshed-has-no-immediate-plans-to-return/

I want to laugh at his lot and call it poetic justice but still it makes me sad. I wish the matter had been left to settle without the case that was registered against him and without harsh talk bordering on death threats. From a Sunni point of view I only see a hint of carelessness in the phrasing of the story he was narrating. Any Sunni maulvi might have made a reference to Ayesha's sassiness without raising eyebrows if it were done in earnest.

The campaign against him is led by Sunni Tehreek, the Barelvi outfit, because JJ is a Deobandi. So it's not so much about 'blasphemy' as it is 'blasphemy committed by my rival sect'. The fact that that it is intra-Sunni rivalry doesn't make matters easy for others. Mumtaz Qadri, the guy who gunned down Governor Salman Taseer for 'blasphemy' was also Barelvi. 

We Shias court the Barelvis because they provide useful anti-Deobandi platform from within Sunnism. They challenge the hijacking of Islam by the Deobandis and often stand with Shias and non-Muslims against predomnatly Deobandi-led terrorism, but Barelvis as we have seen have problems of their own and if Deobandi power is diminished the Barelvis will become new vipers.

The rot within Sunnism of all stripes and shades is complete, except perhaps those Sufi groups in the old mould who do not call for blood and violence. But they are few and far between.

And kaffir countries, yet again, let the godless as well as the devout seek refuge within their borders.

Maybe he has learned his lesson and will go back to doing the work under the banner of Vital Signs. :D

Here's he from the time when things were still in shape.

How-junaid-jamshed-embraced-change.jpg

Edited by Marbles

Look at his hate for shias in last lines.

He is pandering to sunni masses and proving his loyalty to them by attacking shias. I hoped he would be somewhat enlightened (given his educational and music background), but now it is clear that he is just another self righteous, hate mongering mullah.

He is pandering to sunni masses and proving his loyalty to them by attacking shias. I hoped he would be somewhat enlightened (given his educational and music background), but now it is clear that he is just another self righteous, hate mongering mullah.

What I find funny is that Junaid and his Deobandi tableeghi group couldn't defend themselves without attacking the Shias.

He is attacking the Barelvi conduct and criticising them for making it a sectarian issue because he's a Deobandi, and to make his point he drags Shias in and implies that the same Barelvis stay quiet when Ayesha and other sahaba are denigrated in Shia majalis.

And besides everyone has overlooked the actual point he was making, which was his demeaning attack on womankind, effectively telling the impressionable youth to never take women seriously because even Mothr Ayesha was such a silly woman.

The Pakistani blasphemy machine came into action with another incident in which singer-turned-tableeghi Junaid Jamshed is involved. 

How is blasphemy defined in the Pakistani penal code? I always thought it applied to the Prophet only, not to his wives. 

How is blasphemy defined in the Pakistani penal code? I always thought it applied to the Prophet only, not to his wives. 

Pakistan Penal Code doesn't exactly y defines blasphemy but deals with various offences relating to religion. It includes blasphemy as well as many other offences.

Section 295-C deals explicitly with insults against the Prophet of Islam. 295-B related to defiling of the Quran. Maximum punishment in 295-C is either life imprisonment or death and in the case of 295-B it is life imprisonment.

But there is section 298-A deals with insults and derogatory remarks about 'holy personages'. It was inserted later into the penal code during the government of guess who?

298-A. Use of derogatory remarks, etc., in respect of holy personages:

Whoever by words, either spoken or written, or by visible representation, or by any imputation, innuendo or insinuation, directly or indirectly, defiles the sacred name of any wife (Ummul Mumineen), or members of the family (Ahle-bait), of the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him), or any of the righteous Caliphs (Khulafa-e-Rashideen) or companions (Sahaaba) of the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to three years, or with fine, or with both.

Section 295 and 295-A also protects the religious rights of the minorities.

If you scroll down the middle of the page you can read it in full: http://www.pakistani.org/pakistan/legislation/1860/actXLVof1860.html

companions (Sahaaba) of the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to three years, or with fine, or with both. punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to three years, or with fine, or with both. 

Thanks for that.

But this means that no one can say a word against Muawiyah.

That sounds terrible. How are Shias coping with that?

This law is completely unfair, considering that it must be very hard for Shias to remain quiet about Muawiyah.

If  I was in Pakistan, I would probably be in jail by now. 

Thanks for that.

But this means that no one can say a word against Muawiyah.

That sounds terrible. How are Shias coping with that?

This law is completely unfair, considering that it must be very hard for Shias to remain quiet about Muawiyah.

If  I was in Pakistan, I would probably be in jail by now. 

Laws are in the books but many are not enforced properly for this is Pakistan, where there is little by way of law. So on the upside, even though there is a provision dealing with insults to 'holy personages', government by and large ignores the insinuations and insults that Shias in their majaalis hurl at some Sunni figures. Because if implemented strictly this stupid law would lead to massive conflict between the two sects. No doubt many Shias would find themselves behind bars and paying hefty fines if every instance of perceived or actual insult was punished. Only in very extreme cases some Shias are jailed and their books banned but this is rare and out of the ordinary. For example the books of one Ghulam Hussain Najafi were banned in the 80s and the 90s and remain banned. Let's say he was Yasser Habib of Pakistan. I am not sure but I think Wahhabi militants had gunned him down. Similarly, hateful literature coming from Sunni extremist groups is also confiscated and banned.

Saroop Ejaz draws attention towards something no one is talking about.

The fundamental problem with weapons of hate and expert proponents of them is that beyond a certain point, the entire exercise becomes cannibalistic. They run out of the usual victims or perhaps the usual victim becomes too easy, unexciting, the ante needs to be upped; that is when the split emerges amongst the powerful, the oppressors. These divides threaten to be the most violent, most bloody. A poor Christian woman never had a chance; the university lecturer in Multan is presently being denied one. The accusation against the lapsed pop star is a different matter. Sincere apologies should be good enough by and for everyone, and all of this has to end. This is now a matter between the clerics, and one is not in any way qualified to pontificate on the matter, and hence will refrain from commenting on the substance of the statement that led to the disagreement. However, one point is illustrated that a death warrant allowed to float in the air will at some point circle back to the issuers.

One can barely listen to one of our leading televangelists at the best of times. However, to hear him on this matter is unbearable, not only because of the language, but also how fickle memories are. Not very long ago, the leading televangelist did have to put up veiled defences for a similar incident. The shoe did not fit too well on the other foot. Perhaps, the most disconcerting thing about all this is that this is becoming a game, common place; that does not make it less bloody, just more prevalent.

One aspect of the fiasco that has not received enough attention is what led the born-again preacher to make that mistake? The answer lies in his visceral hatred for women. He had said women should not be allowed to drive as therein lies the root of all our evils; and he got away with it. For a man, who is partially in the business of selling women clothing, this should have seen his sales for all manner of clothing plummet. There should have been enough outrage to make him apologise. There was none. In the video clip that has led to the present controversy, he was doing exactly what he is good (or is it horrible) at doing: hating women.

It is telling that amidst hysterical threats and teary-eyed defences, no one has called out the blatant misogyny of not only this particular incident, but also the larger conversation on misogyny in the national conversation.

Read full http://tribune.com.pk/story/802840/preaching-misogyny/

A message to Maulana Tariq Jamil the head of Tableeghi Jamat who wants people to 'pardon' Junaid Jamshed.

If they had little honour they would go and drown themselves in a palmful of water....them mullahs.

image.png

Related: 

Is blasphemy a pardonable offense?

The answer, it is clear, was a categorical yes.

The stance that ‘blasphemers who ask for a pardon would be spared the death penalty’ has already been established by the founder of the Hanafi school of thought, Abu Hanifa.

Within the Hanafi position, it simply does not go higher than Abu Hanifa, and it is the Hanafi school of thought that is foremost in significance, in terms of religio-legal debates in the Supreme Court, the Federal Sharia Court and the Council of Islamic Ideology.

Moreover, a long line of students and followers of Abu Hanifa, legal heavyweights of their respective eras, further corroborated this position in many of their works. Centuries of Hanafi scholarship have maintained the same categorical answer to our original question:Yes, blasphemy is a pardonable offense.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1149558/the-untold-story-of-pakistans-blasphemy-law

LOL who added 298-A? Some inflammatory Shia mullahs might get arrested. :)

Check out the part colored blue below (from our "penal code")

298-A.  Use of derogatory remarks, etc., in respect of holy personages:
Whoever by words, either spoken or written, or by visible representation, or by any imputation, innuendo or insinuation, directly or indirectly, defiles the sacred name of any wife (Ummul Mumineen), or members of the family (Ahle-bait), of the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him), or any of the righteous Caliphs (Khulafa-e-Rashideen) or companions (Sahaaba) of the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to three years, or with fine, or with both.

298-B.  Misuse of epithets, descriptions and titles, etc., reserved for certain holy personages or places: (1)  Any person of the Quadiani group or the Lahori group (who call themselves 'Ahmadis' or by any other name who by words, either spoken or written, or by visible representation-  Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã  refers to or addresses, any person, other than a Caliph or companion of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), as "Ameer-ul-Mumineen", "Khalifatul- Mumineen", Khalifa-tul-Muslimeen", "Sahaabi" or "Razi Allah Anho";
( B)  refers to, or addresses, any person, other than a wife of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), as "Ummul-Mumineen";
©   refers to, or addresses, any person, other than a member of the family "Ahle-bait" of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), as "Ahle-bait"; or
(d)  refers to, or names, or calls, his place of worship a "Masjid";

shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to three years, and shall also be liable to fine.

(2)  Any person of the Qaudiani group or Lahori group (who call themselves "Ahmadis" or by any other name) who by words, either spoken or written, or by visible representation refers to the mode or form of call to prayers followed by his faith as "Azan", or recites Azan as used by the Muslims, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to three years, and shall also be liable to fine.

298-C.  Person of Quadiani group, etc., calling himself a Muslim or preaching or propagating his faith:
Any person of the Quadiani group or the Lahori group (who call themselves 'Ahmadis' or by any other name), who directly or indirectly, poses himself as a Muslim, or calls, or refers to, his faith as Islam, or preaches or propagates his faith, or invites others to accept his faith, by words, either spoken or written, or by visible representations, or in any manner whatsoever outrages the religious feelings of Muslims shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to three years and shall also be liable to fine.

What the holy roflcopter is that? They have made life a lot more difficult for Qadianis I see. Pakistan has a policy to force its educated and skilled labor to move abroad and help the societies of its foreign masters. And Qadianis are always very educated and skilled, to be honest. Thats why I guess. Why such extreme intolerance for them man. And why not also add Deobandis in there too and ban there terror, hate and genocide mongering excrements? Especially since they have been at it in this country so exclusively for the last three decades, originate from India and are actively helping and pleasing India with their terror campaign? E.g., suicide bombing at Wahga border, meds, guns, plastic C4 all Indian made caught from operations along the Durand line, etc etc etc.

On what hand these munafiqs will chirp on and tell the hadith of "72 sects on judgment day" and on the other they axing an entire sect through law? I have a Qadiani friend. I have Christian friends. I find them a lot more honest, sincere, original and generally pleasant to converse with than the "muslimeen". I don't keep hurting them on their religion constantly and daily like every musla paki and hazrat know-it-all (ra) does to all minorities for his sick pleasure.

Edited by Darth Vader