Sign in to follow this  
Khalilallah

Sahaba Of The End Times?

Rate this topic

I read in a book somewhere that the Prophet said how he wishes to see his companions of the end times, those who accept his message and follow him and fight for him without even seeing the prophet.

Can someone please post that hadith here, and if it is reliable or not. I really liked it.

Also question: So it is really possible for us to attain the position of Sahaba now? what kind of a person do we have to be?

Please don't bring Shia/Sunni debates over Sahabas and Munafiqs, I mean real Sahaba like Abo Zar, Salman Farsi.

One day Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said to his companions: 
Would that I can see my brothers coming toward me to the pool and welcome them with bowls filled with sweet juices. Before entering the paradise, I wish I can offer them from my Pool of Kawsar.

Upon these words, the companions said:
O Messenger of God! Are we not your brothers?

He replied:
You are my companions. And my brothers are the believers who believe in me without seeing me. Surely, I ask of my Lord to illuminate my eyes with you and the believers who believe without seeing me. 

This is what I found, so can someone tell me more about this hadeeth please.

(salam)
(bismillah)

I read in a book somewhere that the Prophet said how he wishes to see his companions of the end times, those who accept his message and follow him and fight for him without even seeing the prophet.

Can someone please post that hadith here, and if it is reliable or not. I really liked it.

The hadith you are most likely referring to is this one.

عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ أَتَى الْمَقْبُرَةَ فَقَالَ : ( السَّلَامُ عَلَيْكُمْ دَارَ قَوْمٍ مُؤْمِنِينَ وَإِنَّا إِنْ شَاءَ اللَّهُ بِكُمْ لَاحِقُونَ وَدِدْتُ أَنَّا قَدْ رَأَيْنَا إِخْوَانَنَا ) قَالُوا : أَوَلَسْنَا إِخْوَانَكَ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ ، قَالَ : ( أَنْتُمْ أَصْحَابِي ، وَإِخْوَانُنَا الَّذِينَ لَمْ يَأْتُوا بَعْدُ ) فَقَالُوا : كَيْفَ تَعْرِفُ مَنْ لَمْ يَأْتِ بَعْدُ مِنْ أُمَّتِكَ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ ؟ فَقَالَ : ( أَرَأَيْتَ لَوْ أَنَّ رَجُلًا لَهُ خَيْلٌ غُرٌّ مُحَجَّلَةٌ بَيْنَ ظَهْرَيْ خَيْلٍ دُهْمٍ بُهْمٍ أَلَا يَعْرِفُ خَيْلَهُ ) قَالُوا : بَلَى يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ ، قَالَ : ( فَإِنَّهُمْ يَأْتُونَ غُرًّا مُحَجَّلِينَ مِنْ الْوُضُوءِ وَأَنَا فَرَطُهُمْ عَلَى الْحَوْضِ ، أَلَا لَيُذَادَنَّ رِجَالٌ عَنْ حَوْضِي كَمَا يُذَادُ الْبَعِيرُ الضَّالُّ ؛ أُنَادِيهِمْ : أَلَا هَلُمَّ . فَيُقَالُ : إِنَّهُمْ قَدْ بَدَّلُوا بَعْدَكَ . فَأَقُولُ : سُحْقًا سُحْقًا ) .
Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) came to the graveyard and said: Peace be upon you! the abode of the believing people and we, if God so wills, are about to join you. I love to see my brothers. They (the hearers) said: Aren't we your brothers-Messenger of Allah? He said: You are my companions, and our brothers are those who have, so far, not come into the world. They said: Messenger of Allah, how would you recognize those persons of your Ummah who have not yet been born? He said: Supposing a man had horses with white blazes on fore- heads and legs among horses which were all black, tell me, would he not recognize his own horses? They said: Certainly. Messenger of Allah. He said: They would come with white faces and arms and legs owing to ablution, and I would arrive at the Hawd before them. Some people would be driven away from my Hawd as the stray camel is driven away. I would call out. Come. come. Then it would be said (to me): These people changed themselves after you, and I would say: Be off, be off.
Source:
Muslim, Sahih Muslim, vol. 1, book # 2 (Kitaab al-Taharah), hadith # 482

There is also a hadith that is found in our books that the Prophet gave glad tidings to those who never saw him but believed in him. This goes through a Sunni chain and can be found in Sunni books, so it isn't authentic to us.

حدثنا محمد بن جعفر البندار قال حدثنا أبو العباس الحمادي قال حدثنا أبو جعفر الحضرمي قال حدثنا هدبة بن خالد قال حدثنا همام بن يحيى قال حدثنا قتادة عن أيمن عن أبي أمامة قال قال رسول الله ص طوبى لمن رآني و آمن بي طوبى ثم طوبى يقولها سبعا لمن لم يرني و آمن بي 
From Abi Umaamah said, the Messenger of Allah said, "Glad tidings for those who saw me and believed in me, and glad tidings, he repeated it seven times, for those who believed in me and did not see me"
Source:
al-Sadooq, al-Khisaal, vol. 2, pg. 342 hadith # 6

The same wording can be found in Sunni books.

طُوبَى لِمَن آمَنَ بِي وَرَآنِي مَرَّةً ، وُطُوبَى لِمَن آمَنَ بِي وَلَم يَرَنِي سَبعَ مِرَارٍ
Anas b. Malid said, the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said: :"Glad tidings for those who believed in me and saw me, he said it once, and glad tidings for those who believed in me and did not see me, he said it 7 times"

Source:

Ahmad b. Hanbal, Musnad, vol. 3, pg. 155
Grading:

al-Albani said this hadith is Sahih (Authentic)

--> Silsilah Ahaadeeth al-Saheehah, hadith # 1241

(salam)

Edited by Nader Zaveri