Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

(salam)

Adam's children married each other. That was because the law for Adam's family was incredibly simple compared to the message of Rasoolallah (saw). As the human population culturally evolved, Rasools, prophets of high status, came at different times to improve upon the rules of the past prophets. Prophet Yaqoob (as)  had two wives whom were sisters of one another.

By today's standards, this is haram, as it is forbidden to marry two sisters at the same time according to Shariah Law. However, this law did not apply in the time of Prophet Yaqoob (as).

I have a question. To my knowledge, in the (original) Torah, Allah gave Bani Israel a set of laws which are more strict than the ones we have today. Does that mean Allah abrogates his own laws? It is well established that Shariah Laws can never change. Are the laws of the original Torah given to the Muslims under the leadership of Musa (as) considered Shariah?

To my knowledge, the Injeel removed some of the crippling restrictions given to the Jews. Is this true?

If this is true, then why would Allah enjoin laws which are crippling to begin with?

Is each set of divine laws an addendum to last ones, adding new ones, or a destroyer and editor of past ones, removing them and changing them all together?

(bismillah)

(salam)

Adam's children married each other. That was because the law for Adam's family was incredibly simple compared to the message of Rasoolallah (saw). As the human population culturally evolved, Rasools, prophets of high status, came at different times to improve upon the rules of the past prophets. Prophet Yaqoob (as)  had two wives whom were sisters of one another.

By today's standards, this is haram, as it is forbidden to marry two sisters at the same time according to Shariah Law. However, this law did not apply in the time of Prophet Yaqoob (as).

I have a question. To my knowledge, in the (original) Torah, Allah gave Bani Israel a set of laws which are more strict than the ones we have today. Does that mean Allah abrogates his own laws? It is well established that Shariah Laws can never change. Are the laws of the original Torah given to the Muslims under the leadership of Musa (as) considered Shariah?

To my knowledge, the Injeel removed some of the crippling restrictions given to the Jews. Is this true?

If this is true, then why would Allah enjoin laws which are crippling to begin with?

Is each set of divine laws an addendum to last ones, adding new ones, or a destroyer and editor of past ones, removing them and changing them all together?

(wasalam)

If Allah swt wanted to create humans  "civilized"  from the very beginning it would have no problem for HIM at all. Instead He chose to start from something which seems pretty uglier to us as we live at a time when everything has completely transformed into something completely different. 

The world transformed gradually into a better place or in some cases, worse. This was the will of GOD. Nobody knows why. 

As for the rules in Torah, which one are u pointing out? The book was revealed for the children of Bani Israel. It has no implications on us Muslims except that we must accept it to be the Book of Allah for a certain time.

The abrogation of certain commands by Allah swt is justified by the Creator Himself. 

“Whatever a Verse (revelation) do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, We bring a better one or similar to it. Know you not that Allah is able to do all things?    2:106

This verse answers everything u asked in the last para of ur post.