Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Abu Tufayl

Imami Literature

Rate this topic

السلام عليكم

Excellent idea.

Obvious works of Rijal to note:

• Rijal al-Najāshī (by Ahmed ibn `Alī al-Najāshī).
  • Rijāl al-Tūsī (by Shaykh al-Tūsī)
  • Fihrist al-Tūsī (by Shaykh al-Tūsī)
  • Ikhtiyār Ma`rifat al-Rijāl, commonly known as Rijāl al-Kashshī (by Shaykh al-Tūsī/al-Kashshī)
  • Khulāsat al-Aqwāl fī Ahwāl al-Rijāl (by Allamah al-Hillī)
  • Rijāl ibn Dawūd (by Taqiyy al-Deen al-Hasan ibn `Alī ibn Dawūd al-Hillī)
  • Rijāl Ibn al-Qhadhā'irī, also known as Dhu`afā' Ibn al-Qadha'irī (by Ibn al-Qhadhā'irī).

I found this list and remembered this topic. Although it started with the major hadith compilation books but it is worthy to mention the richness of the imami traditions and literature. This is a list of scholars and their books in the field of ilm rijal (since this is a hadith science subforum)

http://www.al-shia.org/html/eng/page.php?id=1646

From the same site, there are 2 more lists. One for scholars in the field of Quran

http://www.al-shia.org/html/eng/page.php?id=1644

The other is for Shia scholars in the field of usul alfiqh

http://www.al-shia.org/html/eng/page.php?id=1643

Edited by Chaotic Muslem

Side note : How many of these books are translated into English? I am hoping all of them, its 2015, and where can we find them. Thanks

How many Shias are actually learning Arabic (or looking to do so) so they can access their own works? Or how many can already but actually dont bother learning about hadith?

How many Shias are actually learning Arabic (or looking to do so) so they can access their own works? Or how many can already but actually dont bother learning about hadith?

It is a good idea to learn Arabic, but it is also a good idea to create a few good translations for non native speakers.

salam alaykum,

I thought this link was really really good at giving some more in depth information to some of the books listed in this thread (as well as books not listed as of yet) it also points out which books have been translated into English - a point raised earlier in this thread. Note: there are more books on this website like Kamil Al-Ziyarat which haven't been listed in this list for some reason but if you have time to go through the site you can find other books as well.

http://en.wikishia.net/view/Category:Shi%CA%BFa_literature

wa assalam

Edited by Ibn Al-Ja'abi

This is an awesome thread, that would be even awesomer if someone could post links to any English translated works. I did actually make a niyat to learn Arabic and made some effort towards that [such as material collection and some learning], but guess it will take much time before I can understand Arabic scriptures. If only Arabic was my mother tongue :( 

1 hour ago, StayingHalal said:

This is an awesome thread, that would be even awesomer if someone could post links to any English translated works. I did actually make a niyat to learn Arabic and made some effort towards that [such as material collection and some learning], but guess it will take much time before I can understand Arabic scriptures. If only Arabic was my mother tongue :( 

I am not aware of major English Hadith compilation work yet. But there are many hadiths that were translated already. They are scattered . Some members here tried to compile them in categorical manner but they didn't get the spirit of long term commitment.

You can try to compile your own and publish them on a free blog. Few from you and few from him, you will.make the internet English Shia content richer.