Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Shiawave

Is This Counted As Music? (Link Given In Post)

Rate this topic

An effect, which effect if i may ask?

Thanks brother

As per my knowledge Music is root of Hypocrisy. A Man can not claim he loves Allah as well as Music, he is simple Lier.

What i heard and read in some books , Music increased intensity of anger in human body. Some doctors said Music can use for treatment ... i have doubt. But there is for sure something bad behind music otherwise Allah will never put it in Haraam Law.

These days Naheed and Religious Poems are too much of music and less of Lyrics.

I listen a dars of Al Qaim institute Karachi in which they said Putting music instruments in house also leads to calamities.

One instance also they quoted , One day Hazrat Ali (as) when he was caliph walking on a road a person tuning his flute there , Hazrat Ali (as) took his flute and break it. The person asked Oh Caliph what happend ? Hazrat Ali (as) said you don't know what this flute was saying ? He said no i don't know you are Wali of Allah you must know better, tell me please. Hazrat Ali (as) said the flute was saying .. By name of Allah you will go to Hell for sure.

So it is better to avoid music which are intentionally given to some lyrics to make to commericialized.

Music for Army and a background music which was not recognized like if you saw movie Mokhtarnaama .. there is music in some moments but if you not give properly attention on it , you will never heard that as it is so mixed with the movie that you hardly recognized it. That kind of Music is allowed.

Edited by alirex

Salam brother

I am in no doubt that music haram. Its just hard to point out which is what.

But as for my question, is the video considered a part of haram music. I can tell you, a watani (country) nasheed.

I hear some form of "drums" in it, but not sure.

Salam brother

I am in no doubt that music haram. Its just hard to point out which is what.

But as for my question, is the video considered a part of haram music. I can tell you, a watani (country) nasheed.

I hear some form of "drums" in it, but not sure.

Better to check Fatwa of Marja whom you are following.

What i heard any instrument specially designed for music will lead Haram music. But suppose if someone hit desk ( Study Table) which is not designed for music and the sound generates from it will not become haraam. Some guys generate sound from Buckets, Mugs, Glasses ( for Drinking water ) .. those music are considered Halaal. This is what i heard from Al Qaim Institute lectures.

If you can understand Urdu i can provide you videos from Al Qaim Institute available on YouTube.

Ask your marja or your marja's representative about these things.

The answer is always: ask your maraji first

And if you plan to give your own opinion, back it up with statements from the office of your maraji.

If you are doubtful about the permissibility of something according to your respective maraji, avoid it until certain knowledge comes to you

Ask your marja or your marja's representative about these things.

The answer is always: ask your maraji first

And if you plan to give your own opinion, back it up with statements from the office of your maraji.

If you are doubtful about the permissibility of something according to your respective maraji, avoid it until certain knowledge comes to you

You've changed a little...

The ethos behind the ban on music is not all types of music. It is simply the music that may be played at functions of immorality or whose playing would lead to sin - such as the kind played in a bar. As such, since this isn't that kind of music, according to most scholars, there is no problem. Some do, however, caution from listening to any kind, except for the Latmiyyahs and Nasheeds.

A lot of people have started suggesting that any and all music is haram which really isn't true because Nohas (Latmiyyahs) and Nasheeds are also music (there may exist a difference in our minds between the two, but take a Nasheed and take the latest album from Beiber and play the two to a non-Muslim and they'll say both are music). Music is simply having a tone. So, are Latmiyyahs also banned?

Salaam

as you might know, nowadays you can't find any great marja in Shia who says all kind of musics is haram and illegal. of course it might some of them believe all kind of musics  are either haram or makrouh. (some maraja's have different views.)

therefore, we can't say in Islam all of them are illegal. and we can't suppose all men avoid them. and if you say musics affect human's soul, i'll say it doesn't mean it must be haram. it seems some legal foods like sausages can affect our behavior and soul but they aren't illegal and haram.

so, Musics should be associated with some conditions, to be haram. otherwise it's not haram even though it might be makrouh.

regarding the clip, I believe it's not haram, it's great music to courage people to fight against enemies and support Iraqi fighters. you can find this kind of musics which are made by hezbollah in Lebanon. this kind of music could have great effects on people.

Good question Khamid uz Zahra.

Anyway, I will ask Sayed Sistanis office.

It wasn't a question question. It was a rhetorical question. Basically, I was saying that Latmiyyahs also have a tune to them and, as such, are music but they aren't haraam. We already know that. So, the point was to say that just like Latmiyyahs have a tone and can't be called haraam, not everything that has a tone is haraam.

You've changed a little...

The ethos behind the ban on music is not all types of music. It is simply the music that may be played at functions of immorality or whose playing would lead to sin - such as the kind played in a bar. As such, since this isn't that kind of music, according to most scholars, there is no problem. Some do, however, caution from listening to any kind, except for the Latmiyyahs and Nasheeds.

A lot of people have started suggesting that any and all music is haram which really isn't true because Nohas (Latmiyyahs) and Nasheeds are also music (there may exist a difference in our minds between the two, but take a Nasheed and take the latest album from Beiber and play the two to a non-Muslim and they'll say both are music). Music is simply having a tone. So, are Latmiyyahs also banned?

Part of the problem lies in the fact that the term "music" doesn't exist in the Arabic language except through the loan word of "musiqa"

Most of the hadith which condemn music or musical instruments that get thrown around actually use Arabic words like "ghina" or "lahwi mutrib" which many scholars feel have a more specific meaning and which probably don't have very good correlatives in the English language. Often times when these words are translated as just "music" or "singing" it is either because the translator cannot find a more proper word to use or, in most cases perhaps, it reflects the individual bias of the translator (from my observations, it seems like those who believe 'music' is absolutely haram are the most desperate to try to present their view as the undisputed and mutually accepted fact in spite of the obvious difference of opinion of the maraji on these issues). But then scholars throughout history often were willing differentiate between "ghina" and "surud" or sacred choruses and between "lahwi mutrib" and the music of the "semas" we often see in circles of dervishes or in the wrestling houses in Persia. The question of specific instruments' permissibility is a different matter, I think, since one can say there is permissible music but that music produced by the lute is not to be considered such while another may say that even if the hadith which say the lute is forbidden are legitimate, they are conditional, not absolute (or perhaps not legitimate at all). Also, while we have hadith in which Imam Ridha (as) is said to have condemned the "singing maidens," we also have hadith where Imam Ali (as) is mentioned as having sanctioned a man purchasing a servant girl with a beautiful singing voice since her chanting of the Qur'an and poems of piety would "remind him of paradise." Likewise, there are plenty of hadith of Imam Zayn al-Abidin's voice when he was chanting or reciting verses from the Qur'an causing people to faint from rapture. Most scholars wouldn't object to this, but they might split with each other on the matter of whether or not it is proper to say Imam Sajjad (as) "sung" the Qur'an.

Language is an important factor here and it is also important that we resign ourselves to consulting the opinions of those learned in the subtleties of the Arabic language and the science of hadith and perhaps also those who have studied musicology or who are themselves part of the Islamic world's long musical traditions.

Edited by Saintly_Jinn23

brother Saintlyjin - whats your conclusion?

Based on the statements of a number of our ulema, I'm convinced that there is halal music and haram music and the dividing line here is frivolity vs intellectual stimulation. With regards to instruments, I don't believe any instrument is in and of itself forbidden unless that instrument is exclusively associated with sinful behavior and gatherings.

I have little knowledge on such issues and currently face the same dilemma as the OP..however, i would like to ask you all if it's okay to listen to religious songs (like the one posted by the OP) if one doesn't understand the language; as in, I like such war songs but arabic/farsi etc isn't my language so is it still fine to listen to them?