Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Was Hazrat Ayesha Wrong?

Rate this topic

Common

• Basic Members

IN BATTLE OF JAMAL

1)SHE WENT TO TAKE REVENGE OF USMAN'S BLOOD AGAINST REBELS.

2)HAZRAT ALI(AS) WAS MISINFORMED THAT HAZRAT AYESHA CAME TO ATTACK HIM AND HE CAME THERE WITH ARMY.

3)WHEN ZUBAIR AND TALHA  WENT FOR PEACE TALK TO HZT. ALI(AS) THEN REBELS IN TWO GROUP ATTACKED BOTH SIDES

4)BOTH HZT. ALI'S  AND HZT.AYESHA'S ARMY THOUGHT OPPONENTS  ATTACKED  AND WAR OCCURED.

HOW HZT. AYESHA WAS WRONG?

Who were the rebels she was marching against?

Talha and Zobeyr were one of the people responsible for Uthman's death and Ayesha had a hand in it too. She was the first to incite people against Uthman by showing the prophet's shoes in the Mosque.

Also numerous raids were carried out before Ayesha reached near Basra, there were also no rebels at the time near Imam Ali, so why was the army marching towards him?

• Advanced Member

IN BATTLE OF JAMAL

2)HAZRAT ALI(AS) WAS MISINFORMED THAT HAZRAT AYESHA CAME TO ATTACK HIM AND HE CAME THERE WITH ARMY.

3)WHEN ZUBAIR AND TALHA  WENT FOR PEACE TALK TO HZT. ALI(AS) THEN REBELS IN TWO GROUP ATTACKED BOTH SIDES

4)BOTH HZT. ALI'S  AND HZT.AYESHA'S ARMY THOUGHT OPPONENTS  ATTACKED  AND WAR OCCURED.

Yes please, like... why would we believe what you are posting? who told you this? where did you get it from? What do you mean by Imam Ali (As) being misinformed about Ayesha coming to attack him? 

As Ali al-Hadi said, get your historical facts checked up. 

• Basic Members

Who were the rebels she was marching against?

killers of caliph uthman.

Talha and Zobeyr were one of the people responsible for Uthman's death and Ayesha had a hand in it too. She was the first to incite people against Uthman by showing the prophet's shoes in the Mosque.

fabricated one

Also numerous raids were carried out before Ayesha reached near Basra, there were also no rebels at the time near Imam Ali, so why was the army marching towards him?

She went there for reconcilement among people and 4th caliph as disturbance occured due to non recognition  of murderers by 4th caliph

• Basic Members

Yes please, like... why would we believe what you are posting? 

sis. never believe in any fabricated,written logics, maybe, as above but yes u can discuss on.

What do you mean by Imam Ali (as) being misinformed 

so that war can occur between two muslim grps.

• Veteran Member

Sayyida ayisha was displeased with uthman. This is understandable in sunni Islam since they view sahaba as regular Muslims who are fallible. So there was a dispute between aiyshia and uthman in regards to her stipend from the Muslims treasury house. Uthman was known to be unfair in this issue and him favoring his family members is well documented in history. Uthman did also humiliate a number of sahaba and beaten some of them to near death. Muslims sought an authority that can have a say in this regard that is well respected and expected to make a change. They sought the wives of resul Allah and consulted them for they are mothers of believers. It reported that sayyida aiyshia said :

"Kill this old fool (Na'thal), for he is unbeliever."

References:

1.History of Ibn Athir, v3, p206

2.Lisan al-Arab, v14, p141

3.al-Iqd al-Farid, v4, p290

4.Sharh al-Nahj, by Ibn Abi al-Hadid, v16, pp 220-223

5.Manaqib by Khawarzmi, page 117

6.Tadkhirath al Khawwas page 38

7.Asadul Ghaba Volume 3 page 14, "Dhikr Jamal"

8.Al Istiab Volume 2 page 185

9.Al Nahaya Volume 5 page 80

10.Qamus page 500 "lughut Nathal" by Firozabadi

11.Iqd al Fareed Volume 2 page 117 "Dhikr Jamal"

12.Shaykh Mudheera page 163

Sayyida ayisha was not happy with uthman nor with imam Ali, god knows why but her actions reveal this dislike.

"Ubayd bin Abi Salma who was a maternal relative of Ayesha met her as she was making her way to Madina. Ubayd said "Uthman has been killed and the people were without an Imam for eight days" to which Ayesha asked "What did they do next?". Ubayd said "The people approached 'Ali and gave him bayya". Ayesha then said 'Take me back! Take me back to Makka". She then turned her face towards Makka and said, 'Verily Uthman was murdered innocently, and By Allah, I shall avenge his blood'. Ubayd then said 'You are now calling Uthman innocent, even though it was you who said 'Kill Nathal, this Jew".

Tareekh Kamil Volume 3 page 100

Imam ‘Ali wrote a letter to Ayesha as recorded in Seerath al Halabiyya Volume 3 page 356:

"You have acted in opposition to Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì and his Rasul (s) by leaving your home, you have made demands for those things that you have no right. You claim to wish to reform the Ummah, tell me, what role do women have in reforming the Ummah and participating in battles? You claim that you wish to avenge ‘Uthman's murder despite the fact that he is a man from Banu Ummayya and you are a woman from Banu Taym. If we look in to the matter it was only yesterday that you had said 'Kill this Nathal May Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì kill him because he has become a kaafir".

In al Tabaqat al Kubra Volume 3 page 82 we read that:

"Musruq said to Ayesha, ‘Uthman died because of you, you wrote to people and incited them against him".

In Iqd al Fareed page Volume 2 page 210 we learn that:

"Marwan approached Ayesha and said ‘Uthman died because of you, you wrote to people and incited them against him".

Also in Iqd al Fareed on Volume 2 page 219 we read that:

"Mugheera bin Shuba approached Ayesha and she said to him, 'In Jamal some of the arrows that were fired, nearly pierced my skin.' Mugheera replied 'If only an arrow had killed you, that would have acted as repentance for the fact that you had incited the people to kill ‘Uthman".

All credits go to sister zainabia*

I know it is very sensitive issue since she is the wife of the prophet a day you sunnis consider any insult to them an insult to the prophet ( which is what our scholars also uphold, so they advise us to refrain from insulting the prophets wives even if we disagree with their actions for the sake of respecting the prophet).

But as a history reader and for the sake of studying and learning the truth, you should consider one thing : for Shia, there is something far more important that few personalities. It is the religion of Allah. Murder cannot be ruled a virtue because zaid did it or umr did it. Religion should not be changed or exceptions made for the sake of few fallible humans.

I wish brothers refrain from reactionary language even if it wasn't a straight In face Insult.

• Advanced Member

Sayyida ayisha was displeased with uthman. This is understandable in sunni Islam since they view sahaba as regular Muslims who are fallible. So there was a dispute between aiyshia and uthman in regards to her stipend from the Muslims treasury house. Uthman was known to be unfair in this issue and him favoring his family members is well documented in history. Uthman did also humiliate a number of sahaba and beaten some of them to near death. Muslims sought an authority that can have a say in this regard that is well respected and expected to make a change. They sought the wives of resul Allah and consulted them for they are mothers of believers. It reported that sayyida aiyshia said :

References:

Sayyida ayisha was not happy with uthman nor with imam Ali, god knows why but her actions reveal this dislike.

"Ubayd bin Abi Salma who was a maternal relative of Ayesha met her as she was making her way to Madina. Ubayd said "Uthman has been killed and the people were without an Imam for eight days" to which Ayesha asked "What did they do next?". Ubayd said "The people approached 'Ali and gave him bayya". Ayesha then said 'Take me back! Take me back to Makka". She then turned her face towards Makka and said, 'Verily Uthman was murdered innocently, and By Allah, I shall avenge his blood'. Ubayd then said 'You are now calling Uthman innocent, even though it was you who said 'Kill Nathal, this Jew".

Imam ‘Ali wrote a letter to Ayesha as recorded in Seerath al Halabiyya Volume 3 page 356:

"You have acted in opposition to Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì and his Rasul (s) by leaving your home, you have made demands for those things that you have no right. You claim to wish to reform the Ummah, tell me, what role do women have in reforming the Ummah and participating in battles? You claim that you wish to avenge ‘Uthman's murder despite the fact that he is a man from Banu Ummayya and you are a woman from Banu Taym. If we look in to the matter it was only yesterday that you had said 'Kill this Nathal May Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì kill him because he has become a kaafir".

"Musruq said to Ayesha, ‘Uthman died because of you, you wrote to people and incited them against him".

"Marwan approached Ayesha and said ‘Uthman died because of you, you wrote to people and incited them against him".

"Mugheera bin Shuba approached Ayesha and she said to him, 'In Jamal some of the arrows that were fired, nearly pierced my skin.' Mugheera replied 'If only an arrow had killed you, that would have acted as repentance for the fact that you had incited the people to kill ‘Uthman".

These narrations in history is said weak and fabricated, by many of our scholars and copied multiple times in several books

• Advanced Member

These narrations in history is said weak and fabricated, by many of our scholars and copied multiple times in several books

sorry sorry.....in hurry i hv mistaken

These narrations in history is said weak and fabricated, by many of their(instead of" our") scholars and copied multiple times in several books.

I meant sunnis  directly says these r fabricated one on basis of  their  false researches and dont agree with these.

• Veteran Member

IN BATTLE OF JAMAL

Dear Brother/Sister whoever you are

First thing is Hazrat Ali will not get Misinformed .. A person who is aware of pathes of Sky more then earth will not get Misinformed. So first point is invalid.

Second Hazrat Ali thought opponents attacked .. is another stupid thinking. Hazrat Ali was aware of things. Otherwise he will never say statement when he was giving bread to Ibn-e-Muljeem (lanati) .. I want to save your life but you want to color by beard with my blood. How come someone know a person is going to kill him one day after. If he knows these things how come someone assume he was not aware of things of Jung-e-Jamal and Misinformed.  Imam of the time is the highest educated and knowledgeable person of that era.

Buddy until you will not understand Hazrat Ali Ibn-e-Abu Talib (as) you will never ever able to even understand Rasool Allah (saw) neither Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì .. This Misunderstanding concept can applied to Hazrat Ayesha you can say this but not with Hazrat Ali (as)

All the above people who replied forgot to read your point properly, this is one drawback in Ahle Tashio Awaam they react faster then brain.

Edited by alirex

• Basic Members

Dear Brother/Sister whoever you are

First thing is Hazrat Ali will not get Misinformed .. A person who is aware of pathes of Sky more then earth will not get Misinformed. So first point is invalid.

Again its ur assumptions that 4th caliph was at this level what u told

Second Hazrat Ali thought opponents attacked .. is another stupid thinking. Hazrat Ali was aware of things. Otherwise he will never say statement when he was giving bread to Ibn-e-Muljeem (lanati) .. I want to save your life but you want to color by beard with my blood. How come someone know a person is going to kill him one day after. If he knows these things how come someone assume he was not aware of things of Jung-e-Jamal and Misinformed.  Imam of the time is the highest educated and knowledgeable person of that era.

again ur books ur assumptions about imams

This Misunderstanding concept can applied to Hazrat Ayesha you can say this but not with Hazrat Ali (as)

If this concepts applies to 4th caliph then why not for hzt ayesha?

• Basic Members

References:

All credits go to sister zainabia*

I know it is very sensitive issue since she is the wife of the prophet a day you sunnis consider any insult to them an insult to the prophet ( which is what our scholars also uphold, so they advise us to refrain from insulting the prophets wives even if we disagree with their actions for the sake of respecting the prophet).

But as a history reader and for the sake of studying and learning the truth, you should consider one thing : for Shia, there is something far more important that few personalities. It is the religion of Allah. Murder cannot be ruled a virtue because zaid did it or umr did it. Religion should not be changed or exceptions made for the sake of few fallible humans.

I wish brothers refrain from reactionary language even if it wasn't a straight In face Insult.

sunni scholars calls such traditions weak and fabricated.

• Veteran Member

Again its ur assumptions that 4th caliph was at this level what u told

again ur books ur assumptions about imams

If this concepts applies to 4th caliph then why not for hzt ayesha?

What you are doing on " Shiachat " ? if you yourself knows that all our books are wrong. Then what you are doing on wrong side ?

You are not muslim that means bcoz Both Ahle Tashio and Ahle Sunnat are agreed on one statement " Avoid wrong people company " and you are here means you don't want to listen Prophet Mohammad (saw) teaching.

:P  I was aware of these stupid replies. Anyways i am out .. let people waste there energy on you.

• Advanced Member

IN BATTLE OF JAMAL

1.If ur 4th caliph misunderstood and took wrong action this means that ur RIGHTLY GUIDED CALIPHS   can do wrong which can led to death of many companions then it shows that they r not rightly guided.Are they not rightly guided?

2.Had ur virtuous 4th caliph and ayesha apologized to each other after knowing the fact behind(rebels).?

If no,then history which u followed is wrong because virtue demand apology.

If yes,then how can filthy trap of rebels overcame pure intellect of ahlulbait(a.s)(to whom God has made pure)?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Basic Members

IN BATTLE OF JAMAL

3)WHEN ZUBAIR AND TALHA WENT FOR PEACE TALK TO HZT. ALI(AS) THEN REBELS IN TWO GROUP ATTACKED BOTH SIDES

4)BOTH HZT. ALI'S AND HZT.AYESHA'S ARMY THOUGHT OPPONENTS ATTACKED AND WAR OCCURED.

Sunnis call ayesha as ummul momineen. If she was the really mother of believers then how come she didn't understand the motives of your so called rebels.

Moreover this is the first time I've come to know about this angle of battle of jamal. Forget this battle, let's go forward in history and take a look at the janaza of imam Hassan (a.s.). Try to find the truth behind this and it will clear some dirt from your eyes.

• Advanced Member

IN BATTLE OF JAMAL

3)WHEN ZUBAIR AND TALHA WENT FOR PEACE TALK TO HZT. ALI(AS) THEN REBELS IN TWO GROUP ATTACKED BOTH SIDES

4)BOTH HZT. ALI'S AND HZT.AYESHA'S ARMY THOUGHT OPPONENTS ATTACKED AND WAR OCCURED.

How was she wrong??? Well she challenged the fourth RIGHTLY GUIDED KHAlIF of the Muslims. She had no right to ask for qisas or avenge Usman's (ra) blood. She wasn't allowed to enter and take part in public and state affairs. She went against the orders of Allah. She was involved in terrorism and terrorist activities. Edited by Ameen

• Advanced Member

ضَرَبَ اللَّهُ مَثَلاً لِلَّذينَ كَفَرُوا امْرَأَتَ نُوحٍ وَ امْرَأَتَ لُوطٍ كانَتا تَحْتَ عَبْدَيْنِ مِنْ عِبادِنا صالِحَيْنِ فَخانَتاهُما فَلَمْ يُغْنِيا عَنْهُما مِنَ اللَّهِ شَيْئاً وَ قيلَ ادْخُلاَ النَّارَ مَعَ الدَّاخِلينَ (تحریم10)

God cites as examples of those who have rejected, the wife of Noah and the wife of Lot. They were married to two of our righteous servants, but they betrayed them and, consequently, they could not help them at all against God. The two of them were told:" Enter the Fire with those who will enter it."

• Basic Members

a question for you my dear poster of this thread. why did ayesha travelled with a group of that many people almost all of them na Marham? killing the ruler of basra if I have not mistaken? If she wanted revenge she could have done it just like the way she should the shoes of the prophet.

regards

• Veteran Member

This is not the first time when Aysha was wrong. Even Allah warned Aysha and Hafsa in Surah Tehreem. Allah revealed to His prophet (pbuh) that if you will divorce them, Allah will give you better wives than them who will be more obedient, submissive and repentent. Even prophet pbuh warned Aysha to not to fight against Ali a.s. Howcome she became commander of an army and lead the battle? If Aysha was justified in challanging a rightful caliph then what is the very basis of Sunni faith that faith on rightly guided caliphs is important in Islam? Abusing/insulting is a minor thing than waging a full fledge war on a rightly guided caliph. If people are charged of insulting companions or wives of Prophet pbuh then Aysha and Muawvia were the first to lay the foundation and they would be in first row pulled to the hell because of not only insulting or abusing a rightly guided caliph but also for rebelling against a rightfully guided 4th caliph of Sunnis.

This is not the first time when Aysha was wrong. Even Allah warned Aysha and Hafsa in Surah Tehreem. Allah revealed to His prophet (pbuh) that if you will divorce them, Allah will give you better wives than them who will be more obedient, submissive and repentent. Even prophet pbuh warned Aysha to not to fight against Ali a.s. Howcome she became commander of an army and lead the battle? If Aysha was justified in challanging a rightful caliph then what is the very basis of Sunni faith that faith on rightly guided caliphs is important in Islam? Abusing/insulting is a minor thing than waging a full fledge war on a rightly guided caliph. If people are charged of insulting companions or wives of Prophet pbuh then Aysha and Muawvia were the first to lay the foundation and they would be in first row pulled to the hell because of not only insulting or abusing a rightly guided caliph but also for rebelling against a rightfully guided 4th caliph of Sunnis.

• Advanced Member

https://www.sjiieten-ontmaskerd.nl/http://www.*****************.com/www.http://www.*****************.com/articles/rebuttals/nathal.html

Moving on to the topic, let us learn from what Allah [swt] has revealed to us.  When the honor of Aisha [ra] was brought under question, Allah [swt] revealed verses urging Abu Bakr as-Siddique [ra] not to stop his aid to his kinsmen (one of them being the person responsible for spreading the rumors).  In fact, Allah [swt], in Surah Noor, states that the verses were revealed to exonerate Aisha [ra] from the charges and admonish those who spread these rumors for them to hold back their tongues if they are "true Believers."

In it, there is a lesson for all of us.  Even if you prefer to side with Imam Ali [ra] and think that Aisha [ra] declared war on him - and in doing so she was in error - remember that even the one who slandered the mother of believers was given respite.  So how dare you belittle the mother of believers over what you think she did?

"Let not those among you who are endued with grace and amplitude of means resolve by oath against helping their kinsmen, those in want, and those who have left their homes in God's cause: let them forgive and overlook, do you not wish that God should forgive you? For God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."  (Surah Noor, verse 22)

Allah [swt] is highlighting their good and asking Abu Bakr [ra] to forgive them.  So follow Islam and stop following your whims.

• Veteran Member

https://www.sjiieten-ontmaskerd.nl/http://www.*****************.com/www.http://www.*****************.com/articles/rebuttals/nathal.html

Moving on to the topic, let us learn from what Allah [swt] has revealed to us.  When the honor of Aisha [ra] was brought under question, Allah [swt] revealed verses urging Abu Bakr as-Siddique [ra] not to stop his aid to his kinsmen (one of them being the person responsible for spreading the rumors).  In fact, Allah [swt], in Surah Noor, states that the verses were revealed to exonerate Aisha [ra] from the charges and admonish those who spread these rumors for them to hold back their tongues if they are "true Believers."

In it, there is a lesson for all of us.  Even if you prefer to side with Imam Ali [ra] and think that Aisha [ra] declared war on him - and in doing so she was in error - remember that even the one who slandered the mother of believers was given respite.  So how dare you belittle the mother of believers over what you think she did?

"Let not those among you who are endued with grace and amplitude of means resolve by oath against helping their kinsmen, those in want, and those who have left their homes in God's cause: let them forgive and overlook, do you not wish that God should forgive you? For God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."  (Surah Noor, verse 22)

Allah [swt] is highlighting their good and asking Abu Bakr [ra] to forgive them.  So follow Islam and stop following your whims.

These verses were also revealed for Aysha and Hafsa. What you say now?

[Yusufali 66:1] O Prophet! Why holdest thou to be forbidden that which Allah has made lawful to thee? Thou seekest to please thy consorts. But Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

[Yusufali 66:2] Allah has already ordained for you, (O men), the dissolution of your oaths (in some cases): and Allah is your Protector, and He is Full of Knowledge and Wisdom.

[Yusufali 66:3] When the Prophet disclosed a matter in confidence to one of his consorts, and she then divulged it (to another), and Allah made it known to him, he confirmed part thereof and repudiated a part. Then when he told her thereof, she said, "Who told thee this? "He said, "He told me Who knows and is well-acquainted (with all things)."

[Yusufali 66:4] If ye two turn in repentance to Him, your hearts are indeed so inclined; But if ye back up each other against him, truly Allah is his Protector, and Gabriel, and (every) righteous one among those who believe,- and furthermore, the angels - will back (him) up.

[Yusufali 66:5] It may be, if he divorced you (all), that Allah will give him in exchange consorts better than you,- who submit (their wills), who believe, who are devout, who turn to Allah in repentance, who worship (in humility), who travel (for Faith) and fast,- previously married or virgins.

• Advanced Member

And stay in your houses and do not display your finery like the displaying of the ignorance of yore; and keep up prayer, and pay the poor-rate, and obey Allah and His Messenger. Allah only desires to keep away the uncleanness from you, O people of the House! and to purify you a (thorough) purifying.

[33:33]

Edited by DaBeast313

• Advanced Member

These verses were also revealed for Aysha and Hafsa. What you say now?

[Yusufali 66:1] O Prophet! Why holdest thou to be forbidden that which Allah has made lawful to thee? Thou seekest to please thy consorts. But Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

[Yusufali 66:2] Allah has already ordained for you, (O men), the dissolution of your oaths (in some cases): and Allah is your Protector, and He is Full of Knowledge and Wisdom.

[Yusufali 66:3] When the Prophet disclosed a matter in confidence to one of his consorts, and she then divulged it (to another), and Allah made it known to him, he confirmed part thereof and repudiated a part. Then when he told her thereof, she said, "Who told thee this? "He said, "He told me Who knows and is well-acquainted (with all things)."

[Yusufali 66:4] If ye two turn in repentance to Him, your hearts are indeed so inclined; But if ye back up each other against him, truly Allah is his Protector, and Gabriel, and (every) righteous one among those who believe,- and furthermore, the angels - will back (him) up.

[Yusufali 66:5] It may be, if he divorced you (all), that Allah will give him in exchange consorts better than you,- who submit (their wills), who believe, who are devout, who turn to Allah in repentance, who worship (in humility), who travel (for Faith) and fast,- previously married or virgins.

Nice try buddy but read this before you give your own commentary on the verses.

http://www.islamicity.com/quran/maududi/mau66.html

And stay in your houses and do not display your finery like the displaying of the ignorance of yore; and keep up prayer, and pay the poor-rate, and obey Allah and His Messenger. Allah only desires to keep away the uncleanness from you, O people of the House! and to purify you a (thorough) purifying.

[33:33]

SubhanAllah, so do you also believe that the wives of the Prophet [saw] were also purified and infallible like your Imams [ra]?  I am fine with you believing anything you want when it comes to Aisha [ra] as long as you apply the entire verse - including the infallibility that you apply to your Imams [ra] - to the wives [ra] of the Prophet [saw], including Aisha [ra].

• Advanced Member

And why should I believe that it applies to her? Because of the grammar?

Well then how do you explain this verse -

"O Joseph, pass this over! (O wife), ask forgiveness for thy sin, for truly thou hast been at fault!"

[12:29]

Because (O wife) is not even mentioned in the verse.

So who was the Ayah referring to, Prophet Yusuf (a.s) or the Wife?