Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
imajen

Islamic Funding For Business Startup

Rate this topic

Assalamu Alaykum everyone-

I live in the United States and would like to open a modest clothing store. For the most part I have to order my clothing online in order to find loose, comfortable, nice looking islamic clothing. Other people I know have the same problem of finding modest clothing in stores including non-muslims who want to dress more conservatively. Clothing is the first phase but would eventually like to expand to some other ideas I have.

I am in the process of writing a business plan and compiling information on everything else that goes into starting a business: location, store set-up, merchandise etc.

The biggest hurdle thus far is financing. I am hoping there are individuals on this forum who can contribute ideas on securing islamic financing. The start-up cost of something like this is estimated at $50,000. There are a couple of business that provide interest free islamic business loans but you have to have experience in running a business which I do not. There is kiva.org, gofundme.com but the only problem is not knowing if the money given by a person was earned in a halal way. Any information given is appreciated, shukran!