Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
ksot91

How Are Mods Chosen?

Rate this topic

I was trying to see if I could find a list of all the mods and I found one but I lt wasn't updated. And it brought me to the question of how they are chosen. I was reading some old posts and it said its people who have volunteered to help. But what are the requirements to become a one?

so what is the differences between the two colors?

Red is a king.  Blue is a deputy.  Blue has to spend their time on shiachat working, but when they log off they don't have to think about it anymore until they log in again.  Red must eat, sleep, and breathe shiachat.  In exchange, they are given absolute power (within natural laws) over the forum.

Edited by notme

Red is a king.  Blue is a deputy.  Blue has to spend their time on shiachat working, but when they log off they don't have to think about it anymore until they log in again.  Red must eat, sleep, and breathe shiachat.  In exchange, they are given absolute power (within natural laws) over the forum.

so the red ones are paid?

The colours are arbitrary.  The real difference is that admins have greater control/access over the forum system. Generally on forums, mods can modify/hide/move posts, while admins can do that + they have more access to the forum system software, which lets them create/delete new forum sections, change the look/feel/colours on the site, check IPs of users, see user info like email addresses, etc.  The link at the very bottom-right of the page has info on the software.

I don't think anyone is paid, but the site was started by:

...apparently after misc Shias chatted over IRC chat in the ancient days of the web and then were using a forum hosted at ezboard.com.

Edited by Bright

Lol,reds seem to be good at java language or just coding... Am not sure about anyone having a iq over 100,haha...

And their certianly is a member in the blue team that is far away from being a friendly person,cant wait for him to dass out of the group,his clinged on for too long...(nonamesnoshame)(***, ****)-10....

It's not Java. Translated to Java:

import java.util.*;public class ChooseMod extends Members{       public static void main(String [] args){             for(int x = 0; x < members.length(); x++){                    if((getAwesomeFactor(members[x]) > 9) && (notAnIdiot(members[x])) {                           modC............

LoooL, you actually bothered making it compile-able. 

And what is the difference between "Admin" and "Moderator"?

Mods have normal powers. You can see Admins are in the chat room and be reading another topic at the same time. How cool is that?! 

I'm serious! You (admin) and a mod are in the chat room right now. If I hover my mouse over his name, it says Using Chat, but if hover over your name, it says Viewing Topic this or that or Viewing Forum such and such. Definitely you have bodacious power.  :shifty: 

On 11/21/2014 at 6:04 PM, hameedeh said:

I'm serious! You (admin) and a mod are in the chat room right now. If I hover my mouse over his name, it says Using Chat, but if hover over your name, it says Viewing Topic this or that or Viewing Forum such and such. Definitely you have bodacious power.  :shifty: 

But, that is because he is only in chat and not browsing at the same time. You can also browse at the same time. Just right click on chat, open in new window/tab. Start chatting in one window and browse in the next. 

^ Ah, the good old days. :)

On 11/20/2014 at 10:01 AM, narsis said:

On 11/20/2014 at 9:50 AM, repenter said:

We are red, while they are blue...

When I first saw this ^ I thought you two are talking about Iranian football teams. :lol:

On 11/20/2014 at 10:01 AM, narsis said:

All gone into joke. anyways

There is no such color system. Just to differentiate groups Admin ( the owner ) gave colors to the group so that they look different and users can easily find them and ask the querry in trouble time.

So Shiachat gave Blue color to Moderator while red for Admins.

This forum software is designed and developed by Invision Power Board you can see in footer. And PHP/MySQL/Ajax  is the language which is used to code this Forum Software.

There is Admin Control Panel from where new sections can get created , as well as many functions can get enabled or Disabled. Same way Moderators have a separate Mod Panel from there they can Monitor activities of Forum .. also they can Ban abusive elements from Community to make community healthy for discussions.

I hope your future queries which not yet get generated due to thread turn into something else also get cleared.