Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ali-F

Lock The Sisters Forum

Rate this topic

FYI: If I am the only mod online at the time, I do go into the Brothers Forum, checking to see if trolls are making mischief, but I never read all the messages, just the new replies at the end of the topic. When a male mod/admin comes online, I would not read anything in the Brothers Forum.

The brothers who have no knowledge about certain topics in the Sisters Forum should stay out. Knowledgeable brothers can reply and help out. Locking the Sisters Forum has been asked several times, because some women are shy to say things, so using the PM is the best option. I have always replied when I get a PM, but a new member to the forum is usually the one that creates a personal topic and until the member is granted Advanced membership, the female mods cannot use the PM with her.

until the member is granted Advanced membership, the female mods cannot use the PM with her.

Why not create a sub forum which is moderated and only a few authorised members who are mature and learned can enter. you can call it something like "Private Forum for New Members". this way those who can't PM can post a thread in a forum which is privately for them and only a few mods, admins and trusted and learned Members can enter.

And if the thread has a lesson for people you can move it out to the public forums only after asking the OP for permission.

Edited by SF Taha

Why not create a sub forum which is moderated and only a few authorised members who are mature and learned can enter. you can call it something like "Private Forum for New Members". this way those who can't PM can post a thread in a forum which is privately for them and only a few mods, admins and trusted and learned Members can enter.

And if the thread has a lesson for people you can move it out to the public forums only after asking the OP for permission.

^ Admins would need to agree to that. 

FYI: If I am the only mod online at the time, I do go into the Brothers Forum, checking to see if trolls are making mischief, but I never read all the messages, just the new replies at the end of the topic. When a male mod/admin comes online, I would not read anything in the Brothers Forum.

The brothers who have no knowledge about certain topics in the Sisters Forum should stay out. Knowledgeable brothers can reply and help out. Locking the Sisters Forum has been asked several times, because some women are shy to say things, so using the PM is the best option. I have always replied when I get a PM, but a new member to the forum is usually the one that creates a personal topic and until the member is granted Advanced membership, the female mods cannot use the PM with her.

(wasalam)

One of the major issues with this, is that most of the women/men, who asks questions (In concern with worldly affairs and relationships), are mostly "new" members, which means they are unable to send PM's to any member on the forum, unless they become and advanced member with 50 posts. You see the limitations? I believe this is something the admins need to take into consideration. 

(wasalam)

Edited by TheIslamHistory

May be you could mention my idea with them

I saw an admin looking at this topic yesterday, so he is aware of it. He probably needs time to discuss with other admins.  

I just want to know how the brother exactly feel he looks like when he comments on periods, pregnancy pills and hair pins?

I just imagine him with pink ribbon around his head...

And boys complaining about sister forum....I think we now knew that you read it's topics. We knew that you can be now we knew who actually read the pink topics....are libraries now without any manly books that can enter.tain you more than sister forum topics ?

WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN SISTER FORUM?

I don't see why we should lock it down. I asked once upon a time to be locked down but that was in time where there were many rude members ...

What sisters are saying isn't something novel and can't be found around the net. Some questions are fiqh related. The saying goes as no hayaa in deen. People should be allowed to ask religion related question openly and safely. Some questions are related to health. Some are related to society and few are related to shopping.

Why we should lock such forum?

Removing both brothers and sister's forums is better.

It's not like toilet for heaven's sake.

Let discussions be how it's organized in tawzih. According to issues not gender.

Let hair pins and shoes go in random discussions.

Besides, there is search option.

For extremely shy despite anonymity there are neighbors and relatives available in strict privacy.

But I seriously wonder how pm can be problem giving as feature to new members.

What one can do in first pm as irreversible damage he/she can do after 50 posts.

Might be inconvenient for seniors owing to emotional attachment with forums though :)

Edited by insearchoflight