Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Pokemon In Fiqh

Rate this topic

Actually, back in the years, rumours spread out of what I know in the Middle East that each Pokemon character has some weird name. For example; Pikachu actually means Be a Jew and Raichu means I Love Jews and other names like that. And that Pokemon itself means something. And just like the guy said it was rumours made by competitors especially manufacturers or importers of Potato Chips, because in the Middle East many Potato Chips companies were putting Pokemon pogs (or if you would call it caps) inside the bag of chips.

So personally, you have to know why that person is asking, or maybe making sure. Not just because the guy asking and answering are Sunnis, it means you have to make it the laughing stock of the century. At times yes they can get hilarious, but other times its just normal.

Edited by John Al-Ameli
  • Advanced Member

Actually, back in the years, rumours spread out of what I know in the Middle East that each Pokemon character has some weird name. For example; Pikachu actually means Be a Jew and Raichu means I Love Jews and other names like that. And that Pokemon itself means something. And just like the guy said it was rumours made by competitors especially manufacturers or importers of Potato Chips, because in the Middle East many Potato Chips companies were putting Pokemon pogs (or if you would call it caps) inside the bag of chips.

So personally, you have to know why that person is asking, or maybe making sure. Not just because the guy asking and answering are Sunnis, it means you have to make it the laughing stock of the century. At times yes they can get hilarious, but other times its just normal.

Well.. there is nosepass

• Veteran Member

Yeah, in school everyone talked about how their parents said Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh were Israeli. It was probably the parent's way of not wanting to spend money on these stuff. Although I have to admit these Anime's had a lot of subliminal messages.

• Advanced Member

Yeah, in school everyone talked about how their parents said Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh were Israeli. It was probably the parent's way of not wanting to spend money on these stuff. Although I have to admit these Anime's had a lot of subliminal messages.

lool yeah. I remember in 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade in Libya, some of the kids were forbidden by their parents to buy Pokemon cards and pogs or play with the ones the other kids had.

Edited by Al-Najashi
  • Advanced Member

Would of expected something like this:

Fiqh regarding the use of Pokeballs

2371: It is Mustahab to use and purchase the Great Ball over the of the standard Pokeball. 

2372: As an obligatory precaution it is haram to use the Master Ball on any Pokemon below the level of 70. 

2373: Trading Pokemon with the Kuffar is haram under all circumstances. 

THIS   IS .... SHIRRRRKKKK!!!!!!!

What he says is not ignorance ,its actually true ! =)

Pokemon means the monsters in a pocket .

Pokémon (ポケモン Pokemon, / pronounced 'poʊ.kɛ.mɑn/, although frequently, and even intentionally mispronounced /poʊ.ki.'mæn/), is a video game franchise, created by Satoshi Tajiri and published by Nintendo for several of their systems, most importantly the Game Boy. It has been merchandised into anime, manga, trading cards, toys, and much more. The name Pokémon is a portmanteau of the words "pocket monsters" (ポケットモンスター Poketto Monsutā), which is its Japanese name. 

Edited by -Enlightened
  • Advanced Member

What he says is not ignorance ,its actually true ! =)

Pokemon means the monsters in a pocket .

Pokémon (ポケモン Pokemon, / pronounced 'poʊ.kɛ.mɑn/, although frequently, and even intentionally mispronounced /poʊ.ki.'mæn/), is a video game franchise, created by Satoshi Tajiri and published by Nintendo for several of their systems, most importantly the Game Boy. It has been merchandised into anime, manga, trading cards, toys, and much more. The name Pokémon is a portmanteau of the words "pocket monsters" (ポケットモンスター Poketto Monsutā), which is its Japanese name. 

They are pocket monsters because when they are in the pokeball they can be placed in the pocket.

• Veteran Member

The Shaykh on that website is an all-rounder. Here I quote from one of his fatwas answering the question whether mermaids are halal to eat!

"Many of the fuqaha’ mentioned mermaids and differed on the ruling concerning them. Some of them said that they are permissible (to eat) because of the general meaning of the evidence which says that whatever is in the sea is permissible. This is the view of the Shaafa’is and Hanbalis, and is the view of most of the Maalikis and of Ibn Hazm and others. And some of them regarded it as haraam because it is not a kind of fish. This is the view of the Hanafis and of al-Layth ibn Sa’d. "

The shaykh concludes:

"The correct view is that nothing is excluded from that, and that all the sea creatures which can only live in water are halaal, alive or dead, because of the general meaning of the verse – i.e., “Lawful to you is (the pursuit of) water game and its use for food” [al-Maa’idah 5:64]."

So, next time you sit down to a fine meal of seafood and your host dishes up roast mermaid, you can tuck in with great gusto, safe in the knowledge that mermaid is halaal.

Old thread

My question: Do mermaids have scales?

• Advanced Member

I did not quite understand what that link has to do with fiqh.

I remember reading a report about 2 years ago that scientists have ruled out the existence of mermaids.

I hope my memory is not failing me. 

Clearly Sunni Fuqaha have been dealing with Mermaides for hundreds of years and they didnt even tell us! 

• 1 month later...

My parents bought me all the Pokemon cards and games, and Yu gi oh cards I wanted..They weren't cheap