Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
IQRA07

Abu Bakr Promised Paradise?

Rate this topic

As far as being mentioned in the quran we have to look at what has been mentioned, why, when etc. Being mentioned in the quran means little without substance. Iblis is also mentioned, what does that mean though?

Not sure how being 'mentioned' in the Qur'an warrents any "response".

The Kuffar and Munafiqeen are mentioned in the Qur'an a lot. 

In regards to the Hadith, we obviously reject it. If you look at many of the supposed merits of the first three, they arent really 'merits. They are often just dreams the Prophet supposedly had and coupled with alledged hadiths repeatedly lining the same individuals together in order of Abu Bakr, Umar, `Uthman and then Ali [as]. 

Mentioned in the Qur'an as being in the cave with RasulAllah (saws) when he escaped from Mecca. I forget the exact Ayat.

That ayat ironically proves Allah knew of his future actions and evil intention by sending tranquility to the Prophet only, supporting the Prophet with Unseen Forces [like in Badr]. 

Edited by Ali Musaaa :)

So how do 12ers respond to Abu Bakr being mentioned in Qur'an?

And what do you say to Su njs who say he was chosen to lead salat and that he was pro.ised Paradise?(

Bismillah.

Salaam.

To respond scholastically, I need the reference of your claim.

With Duas.

Narsis.

This point that he was promised for paradise mentioned in some books of Sunnis but we should pay attention to the narrators of ahadiths. According to Shia scholars these hadiths are fabricating hadiths that invented in order to justify him.

Also being in the cave with RasulAllah (saws) actually isn't a merit for him as he was afraid of enemies. While Imam Ali (s.a) slept in the Prophet's bed and the Messenger of Allah (p.b.u.h.) migrated to Medina. After this event, a verse revealed about Ali-ibn-Abi-Talib that "And among people is he who sells his self to seek the pleasure of Allah; and Allah is affectionate unto His (faithful) servants."

وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يَشْرِي نَفْسَهُ ابْتِغَاء مَرْضَاتِ اللّهِ وَاللّهُ رَؤُوفٌ بِالْعِبَادِ

So how do 12ers respond to Abu Bakr being mentioned in Qur'an?

And what do you say to Su njs who say he was chosen to lead salat and that he was pro.ised Paradise?(

(bismillah)

(salam)

There are many people and entities mentioned in the Holy Qur’an. It all depends on the context, and if they are mentioned in positive or negative light or their actions display complete faith or lack of complete faith. [That is for you to determine]

Authenticity of a Tradition, or chain or meanings of the words, if it contradicts other traditions  and their political spin is a separate issue, left for people who have that knowledge[still this is one of the many ways to reach the Truth]

Reason we ask questions, because we want to reach the Complete Truth,  Allah[swt], and we know HIM[swt] through, Prophet Muhammad [pbuhahp], as Allah[swt] said through him,  informed us of HIS[swt] Tawheed,[ 112:1] Say: He is Allah, the One!],

The Prophet Muhammad[pbuhahp] is aware of the True Tawheed, and informed us of it. [considering our limited intellect]

To reach the Complete Truth, we need to go through Prophet Muhammad[pbuhahp] and to understand the Prophet[pbuhahp] of Allah[swt] do we go through Ahlul Bayth[as], or someone else . This is the underlying quest[hidden behind all inquires about personalities].

The Prophet Muhammad [pbuhahp] said, follow the Quran and Ahlul Bayth[as] and the love of the Ahlul Bayth[as] is incumbent upon Muslims[as per the Quran].

You can be the Judge based on actions of certain individuals recorded in History[], as to which other traditions are true or fabricated. 

Answers to your apparent question and the essence of what you want to get at, may be found in these two Lectures.

[English Subtitle]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kog2i_V4kI4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRZckH9T3fU

(wasalam)

Edited by S.M.H.A.

The cave incident is mentioned in the Quran because its the turning point of Abu Bakrs belief, The God does not mention incidents in His scripture if it is of little significance..

And yes, I believe that he was a muslim and became an infidel, satan clearly seduced him, the hadiths and tarikh explain this well..

The Prophet(SAW) said, "Fatima(SA) is a part of me and whoever angers Fatima angers me."

This is in the books of Our sunni brothers. Now please go to google and search .."Fatima died angry with Abu Bakr." You will find it in Sahih Bukhari.. Abu bakr first of all stole Fadak from Fatima Zahra(SA) and took her rights , I dont think such a person is promised paradise, when he goes and angers the Chief of the Women of Paradise..

Then he goes and burns the door of the daughter of the Prophet(SAW) i dont think such a person will even be anywhere near paradise.

Wassalam

(bismillah)

(salam)

In regards to the Hadith, we obviously reject it. If you look at many of the supposed merits of the first three, they arent really 'merits. They are often just dreams the Prophet supposedly had and coupled with alledged hadiths repeatedly lining the same individuals together in order of Abu Bakr, Umar, `Uthman and then Ali [as]. 

You are mistaken. They are not 'often' dreams. 

That ayat ironically proves Allah knew of his future actions and evil intention by sending tranquility to the Prophet only, supporting the Prophet with Unseen Forces [like in Badr]. 

The verse says that Allah is with the Prophet (saw) and Abubakr. As the Prophet (saw) says to Abubakr "Allah is with us"

When you read other verses of Quran, Allah says "He is with the believers", "He is with the Muhsinin", "He is with the Muttaqin", "He is with the Sabirin" etc. The verse 9:40 proves that Abubakr was a believer, a muttaqi, a muhsin, a sabir, and he was not a disbeliever because Allah is not with disbelievers. 

Compare this with companions of Musa (as):

So when the two hosts saw each other, the companions of Musa cried out: Most surely we are being overtaken. He said: By no means; surely my Lord is with me: He will show me a way out.(26:61-62)

The Prophet (saw) could have said "God is with me" like Prophet Musa (as) but instead he said to his companion "Allah is with us". 

As for the tranquility then there are scholars who say that tranquility was sent upon Abubakr because he was the one who was grieved so he was the one who needed tranquility. Ironically, there are Shia narrations which say that the verse was originally like this: "...And Allah sent tranquility UPON THE MESSENGER" but this was removed and changed by the Sahaba. 

If you still don't understand then watch these two videos:

Edited by Abul Hussain Hassani

(bismillah)

(salam)

You are mistaken. They are not 'often' dreams. 

The verse says that Allah is with the Prophet (saw) and Abubakr. As the Prophet (saw) says to Abubakr "Allah is with us"

When you read other verses of Quran, Allah says "He is with the believers", "He is with the Muhsinin", "He is with the Muttaqin", "He is with the Sabirin" etc. The verse 9:40 proves that Abubakr was a believer, a muttaqi, a muhsin, a sabir, and he was not a disbeliever because Allah is not with disbelievers. 

Compare this with companions of Musa (as):

So when the two hosts saw each other, the companions of Musa cried out: Most surely we are being overtaken. He said: By no means; surely my Lord is with me: He will show me a way out.(26:61-62)

The Prophet (saw) could have said "God is with me" like Prophet Musa (as) but instead he said to his companion "Allah is with us". 

As for the tranquility then there are scholars who say that tranquility was sent upon Abubakr because he was the one who was grieved so he was the one who needed tranquility. 

1. So are you claiming Allah swt does not care for his creation? He does not care about those who reject him? So are you saying Allah is not the ALL merciful or ALL good, but only merciful and good with the patient ones and believers?
  2. Your example of Musa A.S is flawed because the oral context of what the man was saying, was that Allah was with him.
  3. Just because you believe in God does not mean you are patient, a doer of good, and so forth. Yazid L.A also "believed" in God. Believing in God is one thing, obeying Hm is another.