Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Mithrandir

I'm A New Shia! :d

Rate this topic

Salam, everyone!

I hope Allah swt has kept all of you safe and happy.

Hello, my name is Shahreem and I'm 18 years old. I had been researching Shia Islam since last year and I wanted nothing more than to declare allegiance to Imam Ali(as). However, i was still in doubt and so I took the best thing on the table. I joined a sufi order--the Ottoman Naksibendi Sufi Order. However, I was deeply distressed. I did not feel spiritually connected at all.

A few days ago i finally made the decision. I declared the true Shahada and embraced Shia Islam. I have never been happier in my entire life. Shia Islam has provided me with a solution to all of my problems. It is as if I can feel the blessings of Aal Muhammad pouring down on me. There were two instances during which I asked for help from Imam Reza(as) and it immediately came, Subhanallah!

However, my parents are not aware of this reversion. My father--despite living in another country--would disown me if he ever found out. My mother is sympathetic towards the Shias but is unsure of converting( I dont think she ever will, unfortunately). I am unsure how to go about this whole situation if my dad ever calls me to lead the prayer when he visits( he's somewhat of a Zakir Naik follower, however he started disliking him since he learned that Mr.Naik praised Yazid). I'd love to know how i can handle this situation from you guys.

Overall, I am just so happy now to be part of the Shia family. I'm nothing less than excited to learn of all the rituals part of Shi'sm--Ashura, Hajj, Arbaeen, Mutah, and so much more! I've finally found the role models I can look to for any thing in my life, Alhamdulillah.

I'd love to get to know all of you--this is the first time I'll be interacting with other Shia Muslims, as there no other Shias in my city.
Salam!

Al-hamdu liAllah and may He accept our duaa all and make us light-bearers to guide those astry (Al-Dhaaaaaaleen).

Please brother/sister read this very short booklet about who we are and what is this test (we call life) is all about.

http://heliwave.com/Soul.and.Spirit.pdf

Welcome to the Truth,

Salam

Ali

mashAllah. May Allah bless you and your family. The first thing I ask of you is to be infinite times more respectful and polite to your family. Being a follower of the Ahlulbayt A.S means representing them through your actions, such a way they will begin to realize themselves to what a magnanimous person you have become. May Allah help you in this journey for knowledge. Here are some links I recommend you to take a look at, pertaining to all sorts of books, articles, and lectures that you will really enjoy. Maybe you can even watch these lectures with your family ;)

Website to watch Islamic Lectures: Particularly Hassanain Rajabali or just search his name up on youtube
Books and Articles Regarding Every Single Subject Particularly Shia Islam's views

Want to ask a question? Looking for answers to particular questions regarding Islam? Click Here

http://www.sistani.org/index.php?lang=eng (Everything Islamic Law related. Rulings. This is a Shia Marja, Sistani's website)

Al-Hadi.us - Great website to see research done on Shia and Sunni Islam, and Christianity. If you are seeking to find the truth.

(wasalam)

Edited by PureEthics

Salam 'Alaykum.

Thank you everyone!

Next time pray to Allah.

Brother, I thought we were allowed to ask for Madad from the Imams...correct me if I'm wrong please :)

Al-hamdu liAllah and may He accept our duaa all and make us light-bearers to guide those astry (Al-Dhaaaaaaleen).

Please brother/sister read this very short booklet about who we are and what is this test (we call life) is all about.

http://heliwave.com/Soul.and.Spirit.pdf

Welcome to the Truth,

Salam

Ali

Thank you, this was great. It was very informative.

mashAllah. May Allah bless you and your family. The first thing I ask of you is to be infinite times more respectful and polite to your family. Being a follower of the Ahlulbayt A.S means representing them through your actions, such a way they will begin to realize themselves to what a magnanimous person you have become. May Allah help you in this journey for knowledge. Here are some links I recommend you to take a look at, pertaining to all sorts of books, articles, and lectures that you will really enjoy. Maybe you can even watch these lectures with your family ;)

Infallibility of Prophets and Imams, MUST WATCH VIDEOS 17-21

Website to watch Islamic Lectures: Particularly Hassanain Rajabali or just search his name up on youtube

Books and Articles Regarding Every Single Subject Particularly Shia Islam's views

Want to ask a question? Looking for answers to particular questions regarding Islam? Click Here

http://www.sistani.org/index.php?lang=eng (Everything Islamic Law related. Rulings. This is a Shia Marja, Sistani's website)

Al-Hadi.us - Great website to see research done on Shia and Sunni Islam, and Christianity. If you are seeking to find the truth.

(wasalam)

I thank for your Duas ^^ I'm actually trying to instill the love of Ahlul Bayt(as) in my seven year old brother, so please pray that I'm successful. I'm also desperately trying to get my mother to convert to Shi'ism, but I dont know how that will turn out. But sabr pays off, so i'll be at it. Those links will be very useful to me :D

Actually, Hassanain Rajabali was the reason I started reasearching Shi'ism in the first place. I remember watching his debate with Dan Barker and later heard he was Shia. Curious, I began learning about Shi'ism and felt myself being swept away by the flood of truth I came across. I owe Hassanain Rajabali a spiritual debt, I suppose.

Salam 'Alaykum.

Thank you everyone!

Brother, I thought we were allowed to ask for Madad from the Imams...correct me if I'm wrong please :)

to reply on his behalf ,the issue of tawassul is a contradictory subject among shiites . Some believe it is right, others do not . It is up to you to make your own research and arrive to your own conclusion Inshallah 

(salam)

It's a controversial issue. Some avoid it since it looks rather similar to what Allah condemned the Mushriks for (over and over and over again) in the Qur'ān and, more alarming, there isn't sufficient textual sources backing up this practice. More to the point, this isnt something the Prophet and Imams taught their followers to do. 

(salam)

It's a controversial issue. Some avoid it since it looks rather similar to what Allah condemned the Mushriks for (over and over and over again) in the Qur'ān and, more alarming, there isn't sufficient textual sources backing up this practice. More to the point, this isnt something the Prophet and Imams taught their followers to do.

Except all of our marja have absolutely no issue or even hint it has a precautionary matter. The only controversy it gets is from a few of you literalists on this site.

What about Syed Fadlallah?

He is dead. Time has passed. He can no longer research, study, and proclaim fatwas. They are void. He is umm imo, not really a marja tbh. I dont think any of the grand ayatollahs ever recognized him as one. With due respect to those who follow him as one.

Edited by PureEthics

(bismillah)

(salam)

If you can’t beat them, then join them[with the twist that “join to undermine them”]. This has happened in early Islam, and no reason to believe, it is not happening now or  in the future.

So, be Vigilant and Alert.

Especially when taking advice/opinion from a screen name on the web{including me]. Ask for reliable  resources/material and carry out your own research/investigation.

Topic was discussed here[There are arguments for and against, and some members provided research/study material]

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235026499-why-do-we-need-intercession-in-this-world/

(wasalam)

Edited by S.M.H.A.