Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
HussainKhashab

Cooking Chicken In Microwave

Rate this topic

(salam)

I am new to cooking and all I really want cook is chicken. When it comes to food, all I can do are oats, eggs, cereal and chicken roasted in oven. I really need to start cooking my chicken in the microwave in order to save time and work. I found many links on how to cook chicken in the microwave but each is different; some say you need to fill the pyrex half way up with water, some say you have to close with a lid, others don't.

Have any of you cooked chicken in the microwave before? If so, please help me out on this. The chicken I want to cook is still with it's bones and I will probably cook a thigh, breast and wing each time (basically half a chicken).

(salam)

Any food cooked in the microwave should be covered, because as the food gets hot it can splatter and make a mess to clean it up. Glass dishes like Pyrex that have a glass cover are good, but if you don't have a cover you can buy a microwave splatter cover made from ABP-free plastic. An easy solution for a cover is to use wax paper.

Edited by hameedeh
spelling change

(salam)

Brother why would u like to cook it in the microwave? I highly doubt it will taste right, it is the fastest thing to cook it on a pan..... or u can buy marinated chicken already and just put it on the pan! or oven if u have?

If u want a simple, tasy chicken and at the same time healthy, then microwave isn't an option..... u don't have an oven? 

are those chicken pieces u mentioned already season or just raw?

Go to microwavecookingforone.com and click on Microwaving Tips, then scroll down and click on Microwave Cooking Safety. Of course this is from a website that believes microwave cooking is safe.

Edited by hameedeh
spelling change

The OP said he wants to save time by using the microwave. I agree that chicken baked in the oven is more tasty than a microwaved chicken, but he wants this information.