Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Mohammadi_follower

Why Imam Ali (As) Called His Sons Abu Bakr , Umar

Rate this topic

The thing I do not understand is, Do these people hold copyrights of their names?

And have you considered Ali for someone who will give up names for the sake of those who usurped His right?

In my belief Ali stripped them even of their names by doing what he did.

Hussain Ibn-e-Numair army cheif of Yazeed who attacked Ka'aba was having name Hussain. While Imam Hussain (as) saved same Ka'aba and the Worships of all Humans. So what important is in name ?

If you read Shohda-e-Karbala name there are 3 Yazeed name person who got martyred. Bcoz now we don't want such name in our family we are not using. There is nothing big to fuss about names.

How many sons of the caliphs (Abubakr, Umar and Usman) have the names Hassan or Hussain?

Dont go beyond Question brother. Hardly anyone know details of Unimportant Characters. But bcoz Particular Ummat -e- Muslima started Loving Imam Ali (as) after Eid-e-Ghadeer people after 17th Century pick those names who are against Imam Ali (as) and do Tableegh to teach Ummat how to hate Imam Ali (as) and his follower and Love Enemies of Imam Ali (as). So don't expect other people have knowledge .. I hope OP got his answer and better to dump this question as Names are not important.

If someone put his name as Ali he will not become Ali Ibn-e-Abu Talib (as)

Edited by alirex

There was Uthman ibn Hunayf (ra), a very pious and noble person and a companion who was appointed by Imam Ali (as) as governor of Basra city. He was very poor and made a living by tending to date orchards, and remained so even after his appointment (unlike uhm.. several other 'well known' sahaba who made fortunes as governors etc.). This man was martyred by Ayesha's army.

There are very great people with those disliked names. And there are very slimy ones with very good names.

Last but not least, I want to write that I haven't read about or heard of one Abu Bakr ibn Ali ibn Abi Talib or those other names sons. They should have made an appearance somewhere sometime and we could read something about them, anything, especially around the event of Karbala, yes?

And why the 7th imam called her daughter aicha ?

Because, heavens forbid, they liked a murderer of 70 thousand sahaba and muslimeen, is that possible? War of Jaml and its grave crimes are undeniable. The Imams usually referred to her by her real name, "Humaira". So the burden of proof of that allegation is yours to knock yourself out with.

How many sons of the caliphs (Abubakr, Umar and Usman) have the names Hassan or Hussain?

None

However Sayyidna Umar ra did have daughters named Fatima & Zainab. Sayyidna Abu Bakr ra had a daughter named Umm e Kulthum.

Salam aleykum ,

we can see on wikipedia thant imam Ali (as) called these sons : umar , abu bakr and uthman ...

Why e did that if they were not good sabahas ?

Thank you for your answers.

salam,

After loooking at comments it seems u want to say that imam put these name due to love for 3 caliphs.

Is there any narration that this had been done in love for 3 caliphs??

If it was for love then why imam has not directly called his son 'Atiq' instead of Abu bakr(which is a kuniyat given by people).??

However i don't know the level of knowledge of  Mr.khttab and Mr.Affan( fathers of 2 caliphs) but yes about imam i can recall prophets tradition that Ali(a.s) is the gate of city of knowledge.

so it is well known that if imam will do something it should be full of knowledge behind.

And naming of his son by him was done on basis of science of naming by seeing all universal facts so that it should be effective and not as it was done by people of age of ignorance to name them blindly umar,uthman etc etc.

None

However Sayyidna Umar ra did have daughters named Fatima & Zainab. Sayyidna Abu Bakr ra had a daughter named Umm e Kulthum.

(salam)

Fatimah, Zaynab, and Um Kulthum were extremely common names that the Arabs chose for their children. Had their sons names been al-Hasan, al-Husayn, or Ali then you would have had a point but the fact is that they didn't.

Edited by Ali al-Hadi

(salam)

Fatimah, Zaynab, and Um Kulthum were extremely common names that he Arabs chose for their children. Had their sons/daughters names been al-Hasan, al-Husayn, or Ali then you would have had a point but the fact is that they didn't.

What good is fighting or complaining over names of people?

Sayyidna Ali ra was the youngest among the four caliphs. He might have been inspired by Abu Bakr, Umar & Uthman May Allah be pleased with them all & given the names of children after them. U shias have a serious problem when it comes to the caliphs & maybe thats y u guys always find a way to complain about them. 

Can u tell me what names were given by Ammar bin yasir, Abu dhar Ghifari, Miqdad bin aswad & Salman Farsi to their respective children?

Edited by Invoker

There were a lot of sabahas called Umar or Uthman and Abu bakr was not a name but a surname , so there is ABSOLUTELY no proof than he called his sons according to them.

Now me i would like to know if the name "ayesha" was a common name or not in Arabia.

Thus it proves that the names of children of Imam Ali as were not named on the 3 caliphs. The same logic applies in the case of the daughters of Imams not named Ayesha on the name of the daughter of the caliph that is referred as Humiara bitne Abu bakr.

Regards

Edited by skamran110

salam,

After loooking at comments it seems u want to say that imam put these name due to love for 3 caliphs.

Is there any narration that this had been done in love for 3 caliphs??

If it was for love then why imam has not directly called his son 'Atiq' instead of Abu bakr(which is a kuniyat given by people).??

However i don't know the level of knowledge of  Mr.khttab and Mr.Affan( fathers of 2 caliphs) but yes about imam i can recall prophets tradition that Ali(a.s) is the gate of city of knowledge.

so it is well known that if imam will do something it should be full of knowledge behind.

And naming of his son by him was done on basis of science of naming by seeing all universal facts so that it should be effective and not as it was done by people of age of ignorance to name them blindly umar,uthman etc etc.

Because calling your child "Abu Bakkar" sounds far better than the sound of "'Ateeq"? Like "O little Abu Bakkar, why have you bit my finger?!" or "O Ayesha, why you haven't combed your hair?". Some names sound better when spoken, no? Think about it.

Imam could name their alleged 18 sons with names like Hamza or Ja'far or Imran or after the shuhada of Badr and they could also name their children after their pious ancestors of Bani Hashim, of which I think there is also a hadith, as with the name of Fatima, but no, some names just soothe the tongue when spoken.

Because calling your child "Abu Bakkar" sounds far better than the sound of "'Ateeq"? Like "O little Abu Bakkar, why have you bit my finger?!" or "O Ayesha, why you haven't combed your hair?". Some names sound better when spoken, no? Think about it.

Lolz my dear,,

These name don't sounds better....to whom you??

For many" Atiq" is simpler,small,easy to pronounce and sounds better,no?Think about it.

Imam could name their alleged 18 sons with names like Hamza or Ja'far or Imran or after the shuhada of Badr and they could also name their children after their pious ancestors of Bani Hashim, of which I think there is also a hadith, as with the name of Fatima, but no, some names just soothe the tongue when spoken.

Thatswhat am trying to tell naming is not done(IN PROPHET'S HOUSE)only on basis of love but on knowledge of science of naming which prophet used to do.

Names have their own value(full of knowledge)which affects a person(if he fulfills conditions behind).

For  sons of imam ali (a.s)those different names have been best suited.

original.jpg

original.jpg

Nice one Bruv lol

(salam)

Fatimah, Zaynab, and Um Kulthum were extremely common names that the Arabs chose for their children. Had their sons names been al-Hasan, al-Husayn, or Ali then you would have had a point but the fact is that they didn't.

Lol.... The matter of fact is u r answer less .... You can't admitt brother

Nice one Bruv lol

Lol.... The matter of fact is u r answer less .... You can't admitt brother

What's so funny? You think that the name Fatimah is only associated with al-Zahra عليها السلام ? Remind me again, what was the name of the grandmother of the Prophet? That's right - Fatimah. Now how many years before al-Zahra did she live? 

Checkmate.

What's so funny? You think that the name Fatimah is only associated with al-Zahra عليها السلام ? Remind me again, what was the name of the grandmother of the Prophet? That's right - Fatimah. Now how many years before al-Zahra did she live?

Checkmate.

Lol.... I have lost .... Lol

In Arabic Hussain is written in two ways: "حسین" and "حصین" which have two different means. The name of Hussain ibne Numair army chief of Yazid was "حصین" while the name of Imam Hussain (A.S) in Arabic is "حسین".

Its always amusing to read lame attempts at "munazra" by the clergy of the Sunni brothers. Oh, they named their children after our ideals so we're right! Yeah? Well how about this: People like Mughera ibn Shaba and Abu Huraira were appointed governors and Abdullah ibn Abbas (ra) was Qazi Al-Qaza (supreme judge) of Kufa and there were dozens and dozens of officials from the Sahaba. It also kept the different tribes satisfied to have their elders appointed officials. Umar gave the governorship of Syria to Muawiya to please Bani Umayyah (and unlike others this particular governor was never changed or transferred). In contrast, Imam Ali was never appointed governor or Qazi Al-Qaza anywhere. Nor did he take part in any of Abu Bakkar's or Umar's wars. In fact, the core Bani Hashim team including Hz. Abbas (ra) and his sons were also not given anything. Why such animosity for Hashimis and the Ahl al bayt (as)? THINK.

When Imam Ali was handed the caliphate, his mutawatir words were that he would "return all previously embezelled loot of officials back to the bayt al-maal (treasury) of the people, even if it had become part of the mehr of their women". Was Imam Ali against Sahaba, or were some of them really corrupt? Or is it that all of them, around 0.15 million Sahaba were all immaculate? Or perhaps its just the big three of yours? What fantasy are you people living in. Have you wondered why the immaculateness of the three or the particular wife out of 11 and their close allies are so imperatively critical to Sunni Islam? THINK.

Sahaba like Muawiya, Amr bin Us and so many others, Uthman's son-in-law Merwan (la) and the lady Ayesha SLAUGHTERED sahabis and their kinsmen by the thousands. But the fanatics among you would die for them.

Pity.

In order to show that the names of Imam Ali's [a] sons prove that Imam loved the caliphs, you have to do two things:

1.  Establish that the Imam named his sons after the caliphs.  Showing that they had the same names as the caliphs is not the same as proving that they were named after them.  If you are named after someone then that person is the reason for your name.

2.  Establish that the reason for naming his sons after the caliphs (if that was so) was love of the caliphs.  There are many reasons why one might name someone after someone else, one of which is unity.

The article above fails on both counts.  It doesn't prove that Imam named his sons after the caliphs.  And if he did, it doesnt prove that the reason for this was love.

Edited by .InshAllah.