Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Living Like A Follower Of The Ladies Of Ahlulbayt

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

HOW can woman live according to the Ahlulbayt in MODERN days?

I know that we should live and follow theese teachings:

Be modest and have hayaa ~

Be kind and have Sabr at all kind of difficulties and situations

Be RESPECTFUL to everyone including the husband

-

But i wonder, the sayida Fatimah said many ahadeeth about not showing ourselves to men is the best thing to do and i agree of course, but how can we do that today if we live in kafir society? Should i wear niqab\jilbab or is it good with a hijab of loose clothes and a respectful attitude .. Salam :)

Btw i live in Sweden- europe

• Advanced Member

Our times are different, thus its demands are different. Even if you wear a niqab you will still be able to see other men yourself, ideal would be to stay at home but that is not possible today. Since we don't own slaves and maids like older times we have to go out ourselves for different things. Since we live in a world where women are walking half naked, even niqab-less hijab is too much clothing for the norm. We don't live in extended families of several wives and dozen children and step children and lots of siblings, we cannot stay at home all the time without getting depressed, so yeah... a lot of things today are different thus changing the scenario of how pious women are seen. We go out, we study, we work, we talk to men, the responsibility on our shoulders as followers of Ahlulbayt (as) is larger today as we are faced with evil temptations everywhere, but to maintain piety in the midst of all this is being their true follower.