Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Khalilallah

Shia Happy With Salafi

Rate this topic

I did not think a Salafi would ever think about talking and laughing with a Shia but it happened to me.

I spent some time in my uni prayer rooms with a Salafi and other Sunnis, they were all cool even the Salafi. He still did think that shias came from Ibn Saba but I corrected him.

Now I wonder, did this happen because he is not an extreme Salafi and he was ignoring some of his school's ruling or do Salafis not have a problem with Shias?

Gotta say they really were curious about Mut'a.

Edited by SF Taha

I had no clue Rasullah pbuh would allow something future sects of muslims would consider Zina?

I still dont understand why the Ahly Bait never practiced or encouraged their family members (including females) to pratice mutah as they claimed it was allowed by the Holy Prophet saw.  

Edited by Invoker

I still dont understand why the Ahly Bait never practiced or encouraged their family members (including females) to pratice mutah as they claimed it was allowed by the Holy Prophet saw.

So, it was never allowed by the prophet?

They did, how do you think Ali  (as) managed his lust after Fatima (as) died. He did not marry permanently for many many years, instead he did Muta with the widows and divorcees. He even had a few children I think from Muta.

Imam Ali as married umm ul-baneen and they had 4 sons.This was a permanent marriage.He did not only mut'ah.

Imam Ali as could manage anything he wanted,specially his nafs...it is more about not rejecting the mercy of Allah swt.

Did he do Mutah in between the 2 permanent marriages?

My husbands best friend has become a Shia (not practicing) and my husband is very religious mashallah, his at the masjid everyday and one day I asked him "you don't care his shia" and he said "no, why would I care" Allah said to everyone their own" ... so he basically doesn't care as long as they respect each others beliefs. We actually live near a shia masjid (it's been destroyed not sure if their rebuilding it) but his open minded as long as you dont insult his beliefs and the same way and to many we'd be considered salafi or extreme but we're the complete opposite. Too many judgmental ppl these days.

I didnt know salafis & wahabis also praticed mutah. 

It's funny because you poke fun at shia for practicing the sunnah of Rasoolallah (saw) when Sunnis literally believe we will see the face of Allah on the day of judgement.

And you call us "mushrik"

They did, how do you think Ali  (as) managed his lust after Fatima (as) died. He did not marry permanently for many many years, instead he did Muta with the widows and divorcees. He even had a few children I think from Muta.

(salam)

i dont know why but i dont like the way you have wrote your post.please be more respectful.

(salam)

i dont know why but i dont like the way you have wrote your post.please be more respectful.

I know saying Imam Ali had lust might hit a nerve, same with me, I thought over it a little before I posted it but I guess because we see lust as a bad thing and a bad image pops up in our heads when we say lust but lust isn't bad, it is our view of it which makes it seem bad.

Even an infallible Imam had lust, of course I do not mean to rude at all or offensive.

It's funny because you poke fun at shia for practicing the sunnah of Rasoolallah (saw) when Sunnis literally believe we will see the face of Allah on the day of judgement.

And you call us "mushrik"

"mushrik"? Hey dont look at us, most day-to-day sunnis dont really know anything about shia tafsirs. And what a few scholars believe is irrelevant.

No there are kind Salafies and Wahhabies too ! they are just ignorant not an enemy of Shia or Ahlul Bait. 

More over Shia itself has a common point with Salafists ! because both of them believe that they should follow the righteous Salaf. But Salafists are lost and they can not realize who the righteous Salafs were !

Astaghfirullah what you said is so sickening that i regret visiting this thread after reading it. 

Khalilallah, from your understanding, do you believe Prophet Yusuf lusted for the wife of the Aziz but abstained nevertheless or do you exonerate him from such desire. I'm interested in your opinion because, unlike many, you seem to recognize that lust is a natural human response to seeing an attractive person.

Neither Prophets nor Imams A.S were lustful. To say so is an insult to them. Lust is an evil desire as Allah has condemned it in the holy Quran. To lust, means to to seek pleasure. Indeed the imams and prophets were far from worldy pleasures! Their marriages were for the sake of Allah. Lust and love are on two different spectrums. If you claim such an heinous attribute to our prophets and imams, provide your evidence. For you only see in others what you desire yourself. You are trying to justify your own sinful nature by claiming it is natural. What is natural is the potential for good AND wrong, that is it. Further disrespect may result in a reporting of the posts. Watch what you all say. Do not dare to insult the Awliya of Allah swt.

Edited by Ethics

Why do you see lust and sex so badly? Don't you know that Nikah is a Sunnah?

i did not mean that by saying what i said above but what you said about Imam Ali (RA) and Mutah really disgusted me.

i did not mean that by saying what i said above but what you said about Imam Ali (RA) and Mutah really disgusted me.

What brother said was not offensive in the least it was aND is human emotion ...u can deny it as much as you want but mutah slave girls etc did serve the purpose to satisfy lust...it was halal and Sahaba Tabeen practiced it

i did not mean that by saying what i said above but what you said about Imam Ali (ra) and Mutah really disgusted me.

Good thing Islam is not based on your feelings. 

If Mutah and lust and sex disgusts you then O boy are you in wait for a shock when you find out how you came into this world and how Rasulallah came into this world. 

If something is halal and you do not take it , it does not mean it is haram brother.

Ahlul Bayt (as) practiced Muta.

Marriage is halal correct ? if you have a sister or a daughter and a good man approached her for halal marriage and she did not accept, does that mean you and your family are against the idea of marriage?

Its easy to point without taking the time to comprehend at what we are pointing at.

Khalilallah, from your understanding, do you believe Prophet Yusuf lusted for the wife of the Aziz but abstained nevertheless or do you exonerate him from such desire. I'm interested in your opinion because, unlike many, you seem to recognize that lust is a natural human response to seeing an attractive person.

I put my head down in shame when I see another person make such remarks.

The difference between the issue of Prophet Yusuf (pbuh) is the Zulaykha the wife of the Aziz was married so she was muharam that means it was haram to marry her or have any sexual relations with her final. If he was to see a single female then he can marry her or as the Prophet (pbuh) introduced he can do muta with her.

Sex is very natural and it is mentioned in the Quran as Allah swt has told us to go to our wives for this exact purpose when we are in need of pleasure.

If Allah swt and his Prophet (pbuh) and the Ahlul Bayt (as) have said it is natural who are we to change what the Prophet (pbuh) has put into law? I mean you dont think your are Umar ( 2nd Khalifa ) do you? he changed some laws and so did every other Khalifa other then Imam Ali (as) who kept strictly to the sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh)

The tafsirs from ahlel bayt a.s make clear that yusuf a.s was not briefly swayed by his lust towards Zulaykha when the quran says :"She decided on him and he decided on her". Rather she decided to fornicate with him and he decided to kill her instead of allowing that to happen. You can't just read it as it is, there is a depeer meaning behind the verse.

Good thing Islam is not based on your feelings. 

If Mutah and lust and sex disgusts you then O boy are you in wait for a shock when you find out how you came into this world and how Rasulallah came into this world. 

What brother said was not offensive in the least it was aND is human emotion ...u can deny it as much as you want but mutah slave girls etc did serve the purpose to satisfy lust...it was halal and Sahaba Tabeen practiced it

what was so hard to understand in my previous post ? i`m not saying any human being is emotions and desires. my objection is on the part where you said Naudhubillah Hazrat Ali (RA) did Mutah with widows and divorcees.

I put my head down in shame when I see another person make such remarks.

The difference between the issue of Prophet Yusuf (pbuh) is the Zulaykha the wife of the Aziz was married so she was muharam that means it was haram to marry her or have any sexual relations with her final. If he was to see a single female then he can marry her or as the Prophet (pbuh) introduced he can do muta with her.

Sex is very natural and it is mentioned in the Quran as Allah swt has told us to go to our wives for this exact purpose when we are in need of pleasure.

If Allah swt and his Prophet (pbuh) and the Ahlul Bayt (as) have said it is natural who are we to change what the Prophet (pbuh) has put into law? I mean you dont think your are Umar ( 2nd Khalifa ) do you? he changed some laws and so did every other Khalifa other then Imam Ali (as) who kept strictly to the sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh)

Hold on my friend. You seem to be confused. Lust is a human emotion. It simply means a strong sexual desire (or a strong desire for anything in fact). Just like we experience happiness and anger, or even hunger, likewise we experience a desire for sex. These emotions are beyond our control; the best we can do is suppress them especially when they lead to wrongdoing. The very reason we are commended for abstaining from sex out of wedlock is because we are making an effort to resist our sexual desire. The stronger the effort, the greater the reward. If there was no lust, we won't deserve praise. In other words, life would not be a test. Why do you think angels are not rewarded for abstaining from sin? It's because they have no desire to.

No need to put you head in shame. It's part of our biological make up, hence, it's natural (unless you are an alien).

Edited by Sea Ocean

The tafsirs from ahlel bayt a.s make clear that yusuf a.s was not briefly swayed by his lust towards Zulaykha when the quran says :"She decided on him and he decided on her". Rather she decided to fornicate with him and he decided to kill her instead of allowing that to happen. You can't just read it as it is, there is a depeer meaning behind the verse.

Thanks. I'm already aware of this interpretation.

the quran says :"She decided on him and he decided on her".

Which translations says that?

According to  Shakir

"And certainly she made for him and he would have made for her, were it not that he had seen the manifest evidence of his Lord. Thus it was that we might turn away from him evil and indecency. Surely he was one of our sincere servants."  Shakir, verse 12:24] 

"he would have made for her" is quite different from "he decided on her".

Edited by baqar

Ehh, why would you "encourage" something that is generally halal? Water is Halal too, you don't see us going around encouraging our kids to drink water. A lot of things are Halal, but you don't have a specific "encouragement" for it, you do it if you want. 

Hold on my friend. You seem to be confused. Lust is a human emotion. It simply means a strong sexual desire (or a strong desire for anything in fact). Just like we experience happiness and anger, or even hunger, likewise we experience a desire for sex. These emotions are beyond our control; the best we can do is suppress them especially when they lead to wrongdoing. The very reason we are commended for abstaining from sex out of wedlock is because we are making an effort to resist our sexual desire. The stronger the effort, the greater the reward. If there was no lust, we won't deserve praise. In other words, life would not be a test. Why do you think angels are not rewarded for abstaining from sin? It's because they have no desire to.

No need to put you head in shame. It's part of our biological make up, hence, it's natural (unless you are an alien).

Yes you are correct brother, I misread your post and I apologize.

However, I think it is haram to look at any women with lust if she is not your wife and yes I do understand it is human nature and that is why satan is smart to play on that weakness and it is up to us humans to try and defeat our inner self and that is what I think Prophet Yusef (pbuh) did , I do not think he lusted for her but at the end of the day I was not there in his heart to know 100%

Within the English language the word lust has definite connotations and the word is used to describe one of the 7 deadly sins. To mention it a a trait of a holy personage is reprehensible.

I would ask the person who used this term whether he would be happy to talk about lust to his father and mother and ask them whether he was a product of lust.

Why would anyone want to use disrespectful terms when discussing holy personages that they wouldn't use for their parents