Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
ProudToBeShia

Why Is Wikipedia Saying Yazeed Cried?

Rate this topic

When the governor of Kufa, Ibn Ziyad The Servant of Muawiya bin Abu Sufyan is reported to have said: "When Yazeed came with al-Husain's head and placed it in his hands, I saw Yazeed crying and he said: 'If there had been any relationship between Ibn Ziyad and al-Husain then he would not have done this (referring to Ibn Ziyad).'"[14]

Is this true? Or is Wikipedia telling the wrong information.

My parents have told m that Yazeed (lanat baishmar) laughed when he saw imam hussain (a.s) head.

When the governor of Kufa, Ibn Ziyad The Servant of Muawiya bin Abu Sufyan is reported to have said: "When Yazeed came with al-Husain's head and placed it in his hands, I saw Yazeed crying and he said: 'If there had been any relationship between Ibn Ziyad and al-Husain then he would not have done this (referring to Ibn Ziyad).'"[14]

Is this true? Or is Wikipedia telling the wrong information.

My parents have told m that Yazeed (lanat baishmar) laughed when he saw imam hussain (a.s) head.

The quote is obviously incorrect. We have traditions saying that Yazeed was poking a metal bar at the head of Imam al-Husayn عليه السلام, and that has been narrated in Sunni sources as well. I'll quote something which I quoted before, from the Sunni 'alim al-Alusi in Ruh al-Ma'ani.

وعلى هذا القول لا توقُّفَ في لعن يزيدَ لِكَثْرَةِ أوصافه الخبيثة وارتكابِهِ الكبائر في جميعِ أيام تكليفهِ، ويكفي ما فعله أيامَ استيلائه بأهل المدينةِ ومكةَ، فقد روى الطبراني بسند حسن: اللَّهمَّ مَنْ ظَلَم أهلَ المدينة وأخافهم فأَخِفه، وعليه لعنةُ الله والملائكة والناسِ أجمعين ، لايُقبل منه صَرْفٌ ولا عَدْل

والطامة الكبرى مافعله بأهل البيت ورضاهُ بقتل الحسين على جدِّه وعليه الصلاة والسلام، واستبشاره بذلك، وإهانته لأهل بيته مما تواتر معناه وإنْ كانَتْ تفاصيلُه آحاداً

And based upon this saying, there is no stopping in the cursing of Yazeed due to his wickid characteristics and his connection to the great crimes during his caliphate, and it is enough what he did to the people of Madina and Mecca, for al-Tabarani has narrated in a hasan chain [that the Prophet said] "O' Allah, whoever oppresses the people of al-Madina and has made them fearful then make him fearful, and upon him is the curse of Allah and the angels and the people all together, and neither repentace or justice will be accepted from him". And his greatest calamity is what he did to Ahl al-Bayt, and his pleasure at the killing of al-Hussain, peace be upon him and his grandfather, and his joy about it and the humilitation of his family, and this is mutawatir in meaning, even if the details are ahad.

Edited by Ali al-Hadi

Simply because anyone can write anything on wikipedia, though only for the time-being...

you havn't given the reference of the page but whatever's written there you can edit and erase it too or write 'according to wahhabism' before the sentence!

Wikipedia mods routinely check for authenticity and once they find the article unauthentic they will remove it, so don't worry.

Read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflict-of-interest_editing_on_Wikipedia

Conflict-of-interest editing on Wikipedia occurs when edits are made to advance the personal interests of an editor rather than the interests and aims of the Wikipedia project. Various organizations and individuals have tried to edit articles on the encyclopedia related to themselves. Several Wikipedia policies and guidelines however exist to minimize or combat the effects of conflict of interest levels, in order to try to maintain neutral point of view.