Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Zuhaib

Some Vital Questions Regarding Hazrat Ali.

Rate this topic

I'd like sensible answers, only asking from Shiites, no abuses, no disrespect, no fitnah-fasaad by anyone.

Im a shia, but there are things i do not have full knowledge on; so i get confused or unsure. And when i am enquired of them, I do not have the perfect relevant answer to clear fellows' misunderstandings.
So here they are, I'd be filled with gratitude if anyone could provide detailed, sensible, relevant answers to them. A hadith or some quranic verse to support would be just magnificent in some of them!

1- Why do we add hazrat Ali in the Kalima. La illaha Illalla Muhammad ur Rasoolallah Ali un Wali ullah, wasi ur rasoollallah?
2 - Why do we add Hazrat ali in Azaan.

Im just abit confused and unsure on how to give a solid relevant answer to remove misunderstandings of people on thinking we believe in Hazrat ali as god (na'oozubillah) He is just our beloved Imam along with the Prophet of Allah as our helpers along with the other Imams, and we aren't Noseris. So i need a proper solid sensible and relevant answer!

Thankyou! 

1. This was not something introduced by the Prophet . You do not need to acknowledge Ali as the Wali of Allah to enter Islam, but if you want to be amongst the Shī'a, then you are required to accept his authority (Wilaya). 

2. This was something added much later. The Bilal did not recite the Imam's name in the Adhaan in the time of the Prophet and we have authentic hadiths from later Imams telling us the words of the adhaan and the mention of Ali is absent. 

Throughout history Shī'a have introduced and added many things that do not seem to be a reflection of the Prophetic teachings nor the teachings of the Imams from the Ahl al-bayt [as]

You aren't allowed to do Taqleed for issues relating to `Aqeeda, so we all are requried to use our intellect to arrive at the most sound conclusion from examining the available material (sources). 

I'd like sensible answers, only asking from Shiites, no abuses, no disrespect, no fitnah-fasaad by anyone.

Im a shia, but there are things i do not have full knowledge on; so i get confused or unsure. And when i am enquired of them, I do not have the perfect relevant answer to clear fellows' misunderstandings.

So here they are, I'd be filled with gratitude if anyone could provide detailed, sensible, relevant answers to them. A hadith or some quranic verse to support would be just magnificent in some of them!

1- Why do we add hazrat Ali in the Kalima. La illaha Illalla Muhammad ur Rasoolallah Ali un Wali ullah, wasi ur rasoollallah?

Im just abit confused and unsure on how to give a solid relevant answer to remove misunderstandings of people on thinking we believe in Hazrat ali as god (na'oozubillah) He is just our beloved Imam along with the Prophet of Allah as our helpers along with the other Imams, and we aren't Noseris. So i need a proper solid sensible and relevant answer!

Thankyou! 

You are mixing two issue here. As for testifying to the wilayah of `Ali (as), after testifying to the Prophethood of Muhammad (pbuh), that is because there are narrations from the Imams (as) informing us to do so. Additionally, there are other examples of variants of the Shahadatayn being given in Sunni sources. For example:

It is narrated on the authority of Ubadah b. Samit that the messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) observed : He who said: "There is no god but Allah, He is One and there is no associate with Him, that Muhammad is his servant and His messenger, that Christ is servant and the son of His slave-girl and he (Christ) His word which He communicated to Mary and is His Spirit, that Paradise is a fact and Hell is a fact," Allah would make him (he who affirms these truths enter Paradise through any one of its eight doors which he would like. (Sahih Muslim, Book 1, Hadith number 43)

So we can see that there is no problem in affirming Islamically true beliefs in the Shahada.

As for the third testimony in the adhan and iqama on the other hand, the Imams (as) never mentioned to do such a thing, and it's something that only became popular among Shias much later on in history.
Edited by Haydar Husayn

Click Here: The Life of Imam Ali - Ayat Al Wilaya - Ramadan 2014 - Sayed Ammar Nakshawani

Click Here: 03 - Examining Imam Ali's name in the Athan - Sayed Ammar Nakshawani - Ramazan 1433

Click Here: Testimony to Ali’s (a.s) wilayah in Adhan

1. If someone wanted to be a Muslim, he/she has to accept what Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) says. One of them is accepting Amir alMomenin Ali, as his successor and as the guardianship of Muslim. So Ali waliollah is part of Islam, and anyone wanted to gain salvation, he/she has to accept Ali waliollah.

2. In adhan shahada for Amir al-Momening is not part of Adhan and all of shia contemporary Maraj believe if one says it as a part of Adhan so it is Haram. But because after testifying to monotheism and prophecy of the prophet,  it is highly recommended to testify that Amir al-momening Ali (p.b.u.h) is  Walyollah.

So we don't add anything to adhan - unlike Omar bin Khattab who added Praying is better than sleeping in Adhan- and we believe that testifying to Amir al-Momening is not part of adhan.