Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
hasanhh

What Food Do You Hate?

(salam)

For a change from "favorites", let's try an antithesis.

What food do you not like to eat?

Premise: It is halal already.

I think sheep's head.

Because, like lobster, you spend all your time 'fighting' it rather than eating it.

The smell ain't appetizing either.

I used to hate cooked mushrooms, then I tried portabellas.

I used to hate brussel sprouts, then I learned how to cook them right.

I don't usually like cabbage, but I do like it in egg rolls.

At this time, I am unable to commit to hating any food absolutely.

Oh! Except soft boiled eggs! Those turn my stomach!

(salam)

notme: on the radio a couple of weeks ago, brussel sprouts and their taste not liked by a lot of people was explained. He said they are "sour" to many people's taste-buds.

Cabbage --try sauerkraut.

I do not like eggs with lace (lace being the brown, crusty attachments gotten when eggs are overfried/overcooked)

narrsis: the lobster analogy I got from a cousin from the way I described how to eat a sheep's head.

(salam)

notme: on the radio a couple of weeks ago, brussel sprouts and their taste not liked by a lot of people was explained. He said they are "sour" to many people's taste-buds.

Cabbage --try sauerkraut.

I do not like eggs with lace (lace being the brown, crusty attachments gotten when eggs are overfried/overcooked)

Wa alaikum salam

Brussel sprouts:  like cilantro tastes "soapy" to some people.  But herbed and roasted brussel sprouts are pretty tasty, unlike boiled or steamed.

Sauerkraut:  Yuck!  Sorry, my German ancestry doesn't convey into food preferences.  Though I did once crock pot some sauerkraut lemon chicken that was delicious, I can't eat the stuff plain.

(salam)

notme:  I am not trying to make you :sick: , but I eat a sauerkraut sandwiches with cheese sometimes, with pickles and juice. Once in a while, I stick in a halal/kosher hot dog.

Dudette: welcome to SC   "dislike", Hmmmmmmm

El-Ketab: I read today a "natural" antibiotic and diuretic is asparagus juice.

(salam)

notme:  I am not trying to make you :sick: , but I eat a sauerkraut sandwiches with cheese sometimes, with pickles and juice. Once in a while, I stick in a halal/kosher hot dog.

Dudette: welcome to SC   "dislike", Hmmmmmmm

El-Ketab: I read today a "natural" antibiotic and diuretic is asparagus juice.

Thank you Hasanhh :)

What do you mean with Hmmmmmmm :P 

Dudette: in this context, "Hmmmm" expresses the idea 'your word/phrase/sentence/idea is interesting', worthy of thought/reflection.

So when you wrote, "dislike" saying this is a better word choice, the "Hmmm" signifies I see that as something to think about.

That help, or too explanatory.

Now, "repenter" hears the idea of "hating food" as something beyond rational expression.

I hate bananas, noodles, porridge and most cereals. 

It's funny because those are all foods that I loved as a child. Apart from bananas, which I always hated. 

I like cooked mushrooms on pizza, omelet or other recipes, but dislike raw mushrooms.  :donno:

I very much dislike pulses (i.e. beans, lentils, chickpeas and the like) in any way/shape/form.

My ex hated chocolate. Very unusual.

So if I wanted candy around the house for myself, instead of hiding it, I'd buy chocolate.

My fiance hates chocolate as well (and it's not on account of allergies or anything medical). He says that it tastes like wax (to him).

My ex hated chocolate. Very unusual.

So if I wanted candy around the house for myself, instead of hiding it, I'd buy chocolate.

how thoughtful !  :rolleyes:

Hello,

Liver!  And all the other animal organs people try to make palatable with herbs, spices and frying.

As an aside, I dislike when numbers are used for letters and all the other "text talk" language that is creeping into proper English.

All the Best,

David

As an aside, I dislike when numbers are used for letters and all the other "text talk" language that is creeping into proper English.

Is 'text talk' used as food in the US?

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum.

Raw organs, like kidney, heart, etc...looks like eating blood, food for zombies and vampires.

Breaking the bone to eat the marrow, just why?

Patcha, I don't know how our 3raqi brothers and sisters eat it.

Jello or any gelatine dessert, it just looks like crushed bones to me.

Stuffed intestines, do people actually forget what went through it before it was cooked?

Thank you Allah for the food you provide us everyday

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum.

Raw organs, like kidney, heart, etc...looks like eating blood, food for zombies and vampires.

Breaking the bone to eat the marrow, just why?

Patcha, I don't know how our 3raqi brothers and sisters eat it.

Jello or any gelatine dessert, it just looks like crushed bones to me.

Stuffed intestines, do people actually forget what went through it before it was cooked?

Thank you Allah for the food you provide us everyday

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

Bone marrow is yummy

Bone marrow is yummy

And so is fried goat liver...and intestine bits cooked with fragrant fenugreek.

And don't forget goat brains, spiced and fried. High calorie stuff, so eaten once in a while.

I dislike pizza. It tastes great but I dislike it for health reasons. It thickens the blood. Most women can't cook it at home. Its Italian. Italians let Germans down in WWII. Then its cousin, Lasagna or however its spelled. Why do they like to smother and cover all their foods with cheese. Perhaps if they ate lots of meat instead and drank blood as children like Germans they would do better in the war.

And liver, brain or other spare parts mentioned above are simply, yes, disgusting.

Sign in to follow this