Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
mouradf

Bisexual Girls

Rate this topic

Salam Guys-

So this girl recently said she was bisexual. I was disgusted and freaked out. Is she allowed to see me without my hijab still or not?  Do I treat her as if she is a man? 

mouradf, She gets physically attracted by women, she is homosexual too, so you have to try and avoid her and also you have to wear your Hijab around her. 

You never know she might get attracted to you and jump on you, it is best to be cautious with such mental nut cases.

mouradf, She gets physically attracted by women, she is homosexual too, so you have to try and avoid her and also you have to wear your Hijab around her.

You never know she might get attracted to you and jump on you, it is best to be cautious with such mental nut cases.

Homosexuality is haraam yes, but you do not have to call her a mental nut case. You know there are Muslims who are gay and fight a daily jihad to not do anything wrong and they always try to pray the gay away but it doesnt work? There was a scholar at ICNA who talked about a man he knew who even went to Hajj and asked Allah to make him straight but he is still was attracted to men and not women. Just do not be so rude, I once read that homosexuality might actually be caused by bad parental upbringing so you dont know what that girl has been through(not sure if its true since the book was a bit old). I dont think we understand homosexuality enough to judge these people. Maybe they are born with hormones that are out of balance or something but there hasn't been a study that shows what causes a person to be gay so calling them names is not right. Plus the girl in the OP's post is probably young and naive about a lot of things in life.

Ive also heard of girls who's parents never explained Islam properly to them and just kept saying "boys are haraam boys are haraam boys haraam stay away from them!" And the parents also dont allow marriage for them because they think they're daughter is "too young" so the girls end up trying homosexual stuff. Muslim communities can be soooooo messed especially when people decide to put culture amd illogical personal desires before Islam!!

Anyway, OP you should probably keep your hijab on around her, ive even heard people say you should keep you hijab on around non Muslim girls because they might describe your hair to men since non Muslims dont know the rules of hijab.

Edited by Belle

If there is danger of committing haram, yes, keep covered.

But in general Islam doesn't recognize the state of being a homosexual person so it isn't required. Homosexual acts are a sin. "Being" homosexual is not.

If there is danger of committing haram, yes, keep covered.

But in general Islam doesn't recognize the state of being a homosexual person so it isn't required. Homosexual acts are a sin. "Being" homosexual is not.

I agree, but, I think, it's also important to be clear about what are homosexual acts (or even sexual acts).

To the best of my knowledge, becoming aroused by fantasizing or thinking about having sexual encounters is also a sin and could be considered as a sexual act.

Edited by SeyedMajid

I agree, but, I think, it's also important to be clear about what are homosexual acts (or even sexual acts).

To the best of my knowledge, becoming aroused by fantasizing or thinking about having sexual encounters is also a sin and could be considered as a sexual act.

Certainly I wouldn't feel comfortable without proper attire around someone who I thought might become aroused or fantasize about me, but I don't think just thinking about it constitutes an actual sin so much as a danger of sin.  Intentional fantasizing might be a sin, but having an accidental passing thought would not be an act.  (I'm not sure - anyone who needs to know should check with their marja or study the relevant hadith.)

I have a non-Muslim friend who is homosexual, and I don't worry a bit about her fantasizing about me - I'm not her type.  I don't necessarily keep strict hijab around her, but I do wear clothing that fully covers my arms, legs, and body, with nothing tight and hair tied back or up.  I guess it's what I'd call almost-hijab.  Better to avoid uncomfortable situations, in my opinion.  Why take a risk?

Frankly, I'd probably entirely avoid anyone who I thought was fantasizing about me - regardless of their gender.  Eeew.  

Now this disease has come to women? I thought statistically women were in general straighter than men.

I cud never get my head around this idea, this homos**uality. I mean Yuck, seriously. Tell your friend that shes disgusting. Worked for me atleast. However it was a guy.

Homosexuality is haraam yes, but you do not have to call her a mental nut case. You know there are Muslims who are gay and fight a daily jihad to not do anything wrong and they always try to pray the gay away but it doesnt work? There was a scholar at ICNA who talked about a man he knew who even went to Hajj and asked Allah to make him straight but he is still was attracted to men and not women. Just do not be so rude, I once read that homosexuality might actually be caused by bad parental upbringing so you dont know what that girl has been through(not sure if its true since the book was a bit old). I dont think we understand homosexuality enough to judge these people. Maybe they are born with hormones that are out of balance or something but there hasn't been a study that shows what causes a person to be gay so calling them names is not right. Plus the girl in the OP's post is probably young and naive about a lot of things in life.

Ive also heard of girls who's parents never explained Islam properly to them and just kept saying "boys are haraam boys are haraam boys haraam stay away from them!" And the parents also dont allow marriage for them because they think they're daughter is "too young" so the girls end up trying homosexual stuff. Muslim communities can be soooooo messed especially when people decide to put culture amd illogical personal desires before Islam!!

Anyway, OP you should probably keep your hijab on around her, ive even heard people say you should keep you hijab on around non Muslim girls because they might describe your hair to men since non Muslims dont know the rules of hijab.

Muslim communities are not messed up, you are, and the community you are from is messed up.

How the hell... Are you serious? please fix your views, I can probably pick out 10 points of valid criticism from just that.

Stop telling me to be nice to gays, they are gay, Islam is against gays, may be if you like gays so much you can become one of those "liberal" so called Maazzliimmzz who have a women as their Imam and they stand in mixed prayers, including gays and lesbos.

Gays are Gays, it is an ugly act, Homosexuals have something wrong with them, but they can still choose not to offer their exit hole to other men, just like a women can refuse herself the hideous act of homosexual acts with another girl.

Muslim communities are not messed up, you are, and the community you are from is messed up.

How the hell... Are you serious? please fix your views, I can probably pick out 10 points of valid criticism from just that.

Stop telling me to be nice to gays, they are gay, Islam is against gays, may be if you like gays so much you can become one of those "liberal" so called Maazzliimmzz who have a women as their Imam and they stand in mixed prayers, including gays and lesbos.

Gays are Gays, it is an ugly act, Homosexuals have something wrong with them, but they can still choose not to offer their exit hole to other men, just like a women can refuse herself the hideous act of homosexual acts with another girl.

Relax, no need to publicly insult a Mumin for saying something you most likely do not fully understand brother.

You're missing the bigger picture here as no one is justifying the disgusting act. Take a look at this thread: http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/234998031-muslims-same-sex-gay-homosexual-attraction/

As society degrades more and more by the day, what else can one do except laugh or weep (or both). 

Belle is correct, but it's like saying a thief was driven to steal because of their poor background or bad upbringing. It's still haraam to steal.

Society and parents are to blame as much as the person. 

Wear the hijab... don't wear the hijab... what difference does it make anymore. The hijab is nothing more than a piece of cloth on a girls head, while she displays her arms, her cleavage, wears tight and revealing clothes. True hijab starts within. Only a very few girls understand this. I suppose I should equally criticize guys too (which I do) in case anyone is thinking of responding to me saying "guys need to be modest too".

Dear Brs. and Sis.

Islam is in no way 'Anti-Homosexual' in the sense of- we hate a person who happens to, without observing taqwa, seem to be attracted to the saem gender. They aren't 'disgusting' people, nor is Islam against them. Amr bil Maroof does not consist of this- do you really think that a Muslim homosexual will become straight when you say to the 'you are filthy'?! Is this really what leads them away from homosexuality or is it speaking to them gently and kindly about the nature of this bad quality within a person? We should be VERY careful when doing our 'amr bil maroof'- because, if we do not observe the laws of amr bil maroof correctly, we will be performing enjoining the forbidden instead. This is why it is necessary for us to learn the laws of Amr bil Maroof from our marja- a most comprehensive guide is Imam Khomeini's tahrir al wasilah- it is the only comprehensive discussion of amr bil maroof in English that I found.

http://www.al-shia.org/html/eng/books/fiqh&usool/islamic-laws/tahrir/45.html#link86

Dear brothers and sisters-

Be careful about how uspeak to others who aren’t Muslims- you won’t be giving a non Muslim a good image if u insult them.

Obviously amr bm is wajib, but it must bedone correctly. Lots of people are victim to satan causing them to sin. I don’t think all of us will say that ‘I hate’ adulterers, or ‘I hate’ thiefs- we will instead say ‘God guide him’- the same is the case with homosexuality. Of course, keep urself away from being in situations of sin- but do youw amr and nahi correctly. Else, you aren;t helping the cause, you’re going against it.

(salam)
(bismillah)

I have translated a Dars al-Kharij class of Fiqh from the teacher Rezazadeh, here is his expalantion of women looking at women. I also posted a hadith years back regarding a Muslim woman unveiling herself in front of Christians and Jews, click here: http://www.revivingalislam.com/2011/06/taking-off-hijab.html

----------------

Third Branch: The man looking at man and the woman looking at woman

Al-Muhaqqiq said: ‘And it is permissible that the man look to someone like him, what is apart from his `awrah, (whether he is a) old man, young man, beautiful, and ugly, unless the look is of doubt or enjoyment, likewise the woman (the same)’

Wasaa’il al-Shee`ah, vol. 2, pg 40, ch. 9 – Etiquettes of the Bathhouse (al-Hammaam), hadith # 5:

Rifaa`ah b. Musa from Abi `Abd Allah said, the Messenger of Allah said: ‘Whoever believes in Allah and the last day should not enter the bathhouse except with a mizaar

Wasaa’il al-Shee`ah, vol. 2, pg 40, ch. 3, hadith # 5:

Tuhaf al-`Uqool: From the Prophet that he said: ‘O `Ali, beware that you enter the bathhouse without a mizaar, accursed accursed is the one who see and the one who allows to be seen’

And from that it is clear the prohibition from entering the bathhouse without a mizar, and it shows upon the permissibility with is, and the permissibility to look to other than the `awrah

And the decisive seerah also is evidence to the permissibility for a man to see to something similar except the `Awrah

And also the woman seeing a women also, if they two are muslims.

Furthermore a word about the non-Muslim woman seeing the Muslim woman and it consisting of the Muslim woman display her beauty (zeenah) towards the non-Muslim woman like the Muslim woman

This is clearly stated by `Allamah al-Tabataba’i in his Tafsir al-Mizan, vol. 18, pg. 121, al-Tabarasi in his Tafsir Majma` al-Bayyan, pg. 7 pg. 138 and Jawaami` al-Jaami`, pg. 315

And it is attributed to the revealing of the words and Sahib al-Hadaa’iq, and Ibn Hamzah, and also the prohibition of the non-Muslim woman seeing a Muslim woman, and it is no permissible for the Muslim woman to display her beauty (zeenah) to her, and it is shown for them with His saying: “or their woman” (24:31)

Wasaa’il, vol. 20, pg. 184, ch. 98, hadith # 1

Al-Bakhtari from Abi `Abd Allah said: ‘It is not appropriate for the woman that she revealed herself in front of the Jewish women and Christian women, for they will describe that to their husbands’

I say, and in the same source (Wasaa’il), ch. 133, pg. 221, hadith # 1:

Jabir b. Yazid al-Ju`fi said, I heard Aba Ja`far Muhammad b. `Ali al-Baqir and he said: ‘And it is not permissible for the woman that she reveal herself in front of the Jewish women and Christian women, for they will describe that to their husbands

The concluding proofs of the Ayah, and the two narration is depending upon the explanation given:

First: The addition of a thing to another thing is apparently in specialities (?) and instructions, and if it leads to its observance and he said: ‘the people of the Qur’an, the Ahl al-Bayt and in the Ayah the word of the women are like the words “with `Adl, father, children, and its like” addition to the word is believing woman (Mu’minaat), because Allah (TBWA) says in Surah al-Noor, verse 31:

One must note the circumstance and if it causes it partnership in the religion (?)

So we say: ‘As for the apparent wording of the Ayah “Do not display your beauty (zeenah)”, it is a prohibition of the Muslim women from displaying their beauty and it excluded for her solitarily from it their women, and the addition woman to the believing women must specifically be women with muslim women like what is apparent in the first introduction so it leaves the non-Muslims in the exclusion from it, and what is mentioned in the second introduction it must be confied to the married non-Muslims, so as a result it is prohibited to display the beatify to the married non-Muslim.

And as for the narrations, the narration of al-Bakhtari “It is not appropriate” it is apparently not a (form) of prohibition, but the narration of Jabir says, “it is not permissible”, apparently in it is prohibition meaning from it with the contextual explanation of “For they will describe that to their husbands” apparently about the non-Muslim married women.

Arabic Source: http://www.eshia.ir/feqh/archive/text/rezazadeh/feqh/87/870729/

-------

(salam)

Edited by Nader Zaveri

Like I always say, treat people the way you like to be treated. Imagen your self ill,and people hidding and getting disgusted by you,would you like that feeling? I doudt you would.

If you feel that she may be turned on by your hair,then you can cover it. I highly doudt bisexuals will just randomally jump on people like that.

I think it's important to relax a little and think about this, especially those of you that sound like you want to stone them publicly for their thoughts.

1) If being attracted to someone other than your spouse of the opposite gender was a sin worthy of punishment, we'd all be guilty.  So why is someone being attracted to someone of the same gender automatically make them deserving of our disdain?

-I will agree, however, that acting on your thoughts (whether it be your attraction to someone of the same gender, or opposite (if you're not married)) is haram.  But someone who has homosexual thoughts and fights everyday to control their urges deserves our praise, not our disdain.

2) Remember, most of us in the west live in countries that are, for the most part, accepting of us even though we have views very different than the majority of the population.  If we want to be treated with dignity, we need to treat everyone else with dignity.  That doesn't mean condoning their actions, their lifestyle, etc., but it does mean acknowledging them as people and dealing with them to the best of your ability so long as it doesn't interfere with how you practice your religion.

3) Many gays in the west are actually surprisingly tolerant of Islam, and in some cases will fight to defend the rights of Muslims.  I'm not sure if they've figured out that we're quite anti-homosexual and they'd probably be stoned if they lived in a Muslim country, but never the less, they are largely very supportive of Muslim minorities and minority rights.

As for the OP, I think you need to do what you feel is right.  Personally, if I was in a locker room and someone there was gay, I'd definitely try to stay as clothed as possible around him and guard my modesty as best I could.  That being said, I think how you act is also as important as what you wear.  I think gay folks, for the most part, know how to keep to themselves if you make it clear you're not interested.

On a side note, I've calmed down quite a bit on the gay issue.   It used to really grind my gears, but now I've adopted a more "you stay out of my business, I'll stay out of your business" attitude.  What someone does behind closed doors in their own house is up to them.  So long as they keep it away from me and my family.  

Anyone know anything about Iran and sex change operations?  I hear they're very common there because of the view that you can be "a man born in a woman's body" and the other way around.  Just a thought.