Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Where Are You Guys Originally From?

Rate this topic

I grew up in Australia but my parants are Spanish and Portuguese (Dad's side's Spanish and Mum's is Portuguese) :D

Considering spain spanish sounds really funny with all the lisping, and portuguese sound like a spanish dude was hit in the face with a shuvel....i would love to hear you speak!
  • Advanced Member

Considering spain spanish sounds really finnu with all the lisping, and portuguese sound like a spanish dude was hit in the face with a shuvel....i would love to hear you speak!

LOL! That was hilarious Can't say I disagree, Portuguese does sound like how one would speak Spanish after taking it to the head with a shovel. 

Unfortunetly, I hate to dissapoint, but my parents didnt teach me either Spanish or Portuguese, despite my parents growing up with them as their first languages.. "we tried to teach you when you were little, but you just were not interested.." :dry: So I just speak EeeeenGrishh at the moment with an Australian accent :P 

They had their chance, now I'm learning 'Mozlem languages' :lol:

Edited by Ali Musaaa :)

LOL! That was hilarious Can't say I disagree, Portuguese does sound like how one would speak Spanish after taking it to the head with a shovel. 

Unfortunetly, I hate to dissapoint, but my parents didnt teach me either Spanish or Portuguese, despite my parents growing up with them as their first languages.. "we tried to teach you when you were little, but you just were not interested.." :dry: So I just speak EeeeenGrishh at the moment with an Australian accent :P 

They had their chance, now I'm learning 'Mozlem languages' :lol:

Wait...so you are a spaniguese from converted parents....? And you speak English only, while you name is Ali?

• Advanced Member

Hmms, interesting! I smell a zionist spy! :D

Haha, but seriously......please tell me your original name was Jose! That would me awesome! Jose Ali Musa

hahah. Original name..? Jose Maria Dos Santos Martinez Miguel Basillio Fernandez Gonzalez Gonzalez :P

No, unfortunately I didn't end up with a interesting spanish or portuguese name like my brothers did.

My dad was a Bob Dylan fan back in the day and he told me once: "there was no way I was naming my son 'Bob'." :LOL: 

Edited by Ali Musaaa :)
  • Advanced Member

We have a very old thread on this: http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/22-where-are-you-originally-from/page-37

I'm from Russia but we're originally Tatarlar.  But now we are only Russians and don't speak Tatar.

Salam and welcome to the forum. I wish brother tearingmyhairout were active now. You two are close and could understand each other better. Anyway, welcome to shiachat. Hope you like it here and make friends. ma salam.

Edited by HamzaTR
  • Veteran Member

Hello,

"I was born a poor black child.  I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi."  (Navin R. Johnson/ Steve Martin,   "The Jerk" 1979)

But seriously, I was born and raised in Arkansas.

All the Best,

David

• Advanced Member

Hmmm. My Dads side is from rwawalpindi so he is paki/Punjabi and my mom was born in Vietnam but she is Chinese. I was born and raised in the US. I guess I am a Punjabi/Pakistani/Vietnamese/Chinese dude. But usually I say im Pakistani and Chinese if anyone asks.

• Veteran Member

Hmmm. My Dads side is from rwawalpindi so he is paki/Punjabi and my mom was born in Vietnam but she is Chinese. I was born and raised in the US. I guess I am a Punjabi/Pakistani/Vietnamese/Chinese dude. But usually I say im Pakistani and Chinese if anyone asks.

What an exquisite mix! There aren't many around of your type.

• Veteran Member

I'm originally from heaven. Some lady convinced her hubby to eat a forbidden fruit and then I, along with everybody else, got kicked down to this planet which Satan always wanted for himself. :( Pretty clueless why like everybody else tbh.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...