Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ayman al-Taneen

New Convert To Shia Islam

Rate this topic

w alaykumsalam!

Welcome to Islam :) 

Most of us like the website: al-islam.org

This is specific on how to pray: http://www.al-islam.org/nutshell/files/prayers.pdf

You can print it out and read it as you pray until you finally learn it by heart, it doesn't take long because we are supposed to do it 5 times a day.

May Allah protect you.

Salam Br. 

Which part of Australia do you live in ? I suggest you contact an Islamic Center near you that teaches the religion according to Ahl Al Bayt(a.s). There are plenty in Australia, near the major cities at least. Also there are many Br. and Sisters here on SC that live in Australia. 

Salam,

congratulations brother.

Islamic shia apps : Azan (prayer timings) ; SIAT (shia ithna ashari toolkit), Mafatih al jinan, Sahifah al sajadiya, Hadith browser pro,...

Websites : Al-islam.org, duas.org are the most famous.

As a new revert, you will probably encounter the issue of taqlid and choosing a Marja (religious reference), I suggest you take it slow for this matter, as most of the daily issues (how to pray, fast, clean yourself, what to eat/not eat) make consensus amongst all major scholars.

Wishing you all the best,

salam

Salam Br. 

Which part of Australia do you live in ? I suggest you contact an Islamic Center near you that teaches the religion according to Ahl Al Bayt(a.s). There are plenty in Australia, near the major cities at least. Also there are many Br. and Sisters here on SC that live in Australia.

I dont believe my father will allow me to do that. Im in Brisbane too

And thank you everbody

(salam)

Congradulations on your conversion! ^_^

I too am an Australian convert, so if you have any issues or questions insha'Allah I'll can help and put you into contact with some good people. 

If I may I ask, which city and state do you live in? I have good friends and contacts in most of our major cities and surrounding suburbs so insha'Allah there is a Mosque and community near by if you haven't found one already? 

The members have been kind enough to provide some links so do check those. 

Don't hesistate to ask if you have any questions ^_^

Ali

I dont believe my father will allow me to do that. Im in Brisbane too

And thank you everbody

The best way to learn religion is to be in contact with good muslims who can guide you in the right direction. You can only learn so much from books and online, then you need to be part of an actual community in order to complete the deen. I don't know much about the community in Australia (other than there is a large one), but maybe Br. Ali Mussa can help you get in contact with some brothers in Brisbane area. Salam. 

Edited by Abu Hadi